[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this so bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

Why was this so bad?
>>
>>15257706
it was a movie instead of a 13 episode OVA
>>
File: efw.jpg (108KB, 1180x435px) Image search: [Google]
efw.jpg
108KB, 1180x435px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k0SmqbBIpQ
>>
Why is OP such a faggot?
>>
>>15257706
kys
>>
File: 1485432152399.png (28KB, 354x286px)
1485432152399.png
28KB, 354x286px
>>15257706
cool ost though i really like swan
>>
>>15257706
>puts an end to the most iconic mecha conflict known to men
>best mechas in the franchise (nu/sazabi)
>GOD TIER ost that will never be topped (sally, swan, aurora, main title)
>excellent animation
>amuro
>char

i feel bad for you having such bad taste

i dont care if its bait, you are shit
>>
>>15257706
Magical Robotic shit with people with magical power swearing at each other for a hooker, and dragged others into their fight.
>>
File: 1488068651181.jpg (18KB, 421x398px)
1488068651181.jpg
18KB, 421x398px
>>15257992
Remove Hathaway and Quess from the movie and it probably would have been god tier.
Their inclusion and heavy screentime dropped it down to a pretty eh movie.
>>
>>15258049
yeah mVIII i agree those fuckers are the only let down in the entire movie
>>
>>15257992
Animation and OST are all it fucking has.

It's plot is writing is godawful, it focuses more on trash characters like Quess and Hathaway than it does Amuro, and to add insult to it all the movie is paced like absolute shit.
>>
I BELONG TO YOU
>>
Horrible plot, pacing, characters, most designs are bad, and the whole thing is very juvenile.
>>
>>15258147
SAYONARA MI TE NA I-TE
>>
>>15257735
i lol'd
>>
Quess I hate you
>>
>>15258168
WE BERONG TO ERTH
>>
>>15258069
>It's plot is writing is godawful
I hate CCA too but you're hardly qualified to talk about writing with such awful grammar coming from you.
>>
>>15257706
like most Unicorn eps and War in The Pocket it had way too much talking in it, more action was needed
>>
>>15257706
It's not bad it just needed a longer runtime to flesh out the plot a bit more. The pacing in the movie is slow in the first half and then just no brakes on this crazy train fast during the second half because they gotta wrap everything up before the two hours are up.
>>
>>15258193
mei bi u su no sora wo koete BEYOND THE TIME
>>
>>15257706
Zeta bad?
>>
>>15257706
Tomino. He should have retired after this shitshow.
>>
>>15263216
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this was the mindset behind all the shitposters lately
>>
File: 1483233582688.jpg (24KB, 500x518px)
1483233582688.jpg
24KB, 500x518px
>>15263406
>>
>>15257706
>Why was this so bad?

It came out before IBO
>>
>>15268529
You mean real mecha fans, not just imitators that flood ANN and Evageeks
>>
>>15257992
>>puts an end to the most iconic mecha conflict known to men

Except it didn't because Unicorn exists and somehow manages to drag it out yet again, complete with Evil Char 2.0.
>>
>>15258049

Hathaway was the same kind of appeal Amuro was in MSG - a kid trapped in a world larger than himself, and a relatable character for audiences not familiar with Gundam's UC timeline or Gundam itself.

Quess, meanwhile is *yet again* proof that fucking newtypes that get the pampering treatment are psychotic. You're not supposed to relate to her if you're not a selfish, emotionally bakrupt person yourself. You're supposed to hate her by the end of it, and get that uncomfortable feeling when you know Hathaway has feelings for her only because she's the only cute girl he really tries to get to know. He gets dragged in, teenage angst, etc. You never WANT to relate to either, you want that to be Amuro or Char. But those two pull that lofty ace pilot detachment back down to the wider audience appeal while those of us that are genre-savvy are basically waiting for one or both to get Yazan'd.

Biggest letdown is that Chan had to die in the course of the movie. Poor woman couldn't catch a break, though Kayra wasn't far behind.

TL;DR Nothing went wrong, you suck at character and story analysis that ain't specifically Char or Amuro.
>>
>>15257706
It was too intelligent for most people.
>>
>>15257706
please present your own thesis, this is basically just a bait thread

we need fucking mods

there needs to be /pol/ or /gif/ style rules, no fucking
>redpill me on "image"
threads and no fucking
>ask for something stupid and contribute nothing
like this trash ass thread
>>
File: fuck you.jpg (17KB, 500x361px)
fuck you.jpg
17KB, 500x361px
>>15257706
you're bad, but you are also gay and a feggit
>>
>>15271488
You are not "supposed" to hate anyone you dumbass. You fucking entitled bastard. Who do you thonk you are?
>>
>>15272011

>Writers never write characters who are supposed to be hated by the audience.

Ok then.
>>
>>15272055
I have no respect for writers who would write a character like that or for readers who would accept that.

In any case do you really think this is what Tomino would do? LOVE and UNDERSTANDING. Except for people you don't like. It's alright to hate those.
>>
>>15272130
>I have no respect for writers who would write a character like that or for readers who would accept that.

Why should we care about whether you like it ? What is objectively wrong with it?

>In any case do you really think this is what Tomino would do? LOVE and UNDERSTANDING. Except for people you don't like. It's alright to hate those.

You really don't get Tomino's work at all. You can dislike someone while being empathetic towards someone. Also, Tomino's message was never "be everyone's buddy even if they are literally space-hitler", hell if anything Tomino has affirmed time and time again that in allot of cases "understanding"(aka newtype connections) does nothing to help humanity - and that the people with the most understanding ability become monstrous psychopaths, and your best bet to just defeat the bad people and hope that humanity won't repeat the same mistakes it always does.
>>
>>15272160
They even began the hollowness of UNDERSTANDING in MSG. You can understand you'll never agree with someone.
>>
>>15271488
I want to add that some of the character assassination done to Char (Gyunei's accusation) was because Char is extremely popular in Japan, more so than Amuro, so they didn't want everyone rooting for the antagonist.
>>
>>15271598
CC is pretty bad to be honest.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.