[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the everliving fuck were they thinking? Even ignoring the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Nadesico-POD.jpg (20KB, 250x353px) Image search: [Google]
Nadesico-POD.jpg
20KB, 250x353px
What the everliving fuck were they thinking?

Even ignoring the Blank Years and the fact that it was supposed to be part 1 of 3, who thought this was a good idea? Who decided to go full grimdark with the MC of the series and spend half of the movie on Ruri doing pointless bullshit instead of the actual plot?
>>
>>15253957
>What the everliving fuck were they thinking?

That they'd get two more sequels to actually resolve shit.

Im not saying it was smart or even good, you should never bank on sequels you're not promised but that's what they where thinking
>>
I might be dabbling and cursing myself with the monkey's paw but I really want to see a 20th anniversary sequel. It's been around that long since the movie came out
>>
>>15254375

Im more curious than anything else.
>>
>>15253957
Felt more like an OVA than a film which was supposed to be stand-alone.
>>
I thought the MC going Batman was intentional for comedy.
>>
File: 612342.gif (217KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
612342.gif
217KB, 320x320px
>>15253957

I understand that you need to play blank of the three years and after the mission
to get the whole picture of what is going on, but:

The visuals are gorgeous
The mechs and ships are fucking good(muh black serena).
I like Akito Batman.
Lots of Ruri.

Just for those reasons I really like this film.
>>
>>15253957
The movie did absolutely nothing the series didn't already, so I dont know how people can claim to like the series but not the movie. It's still very much Nadesico.
>>
>>15255352

>akito batman

Does it mean that he's Also a Eunuch, Faggot and pedobear?
>>
>>15255352
The mission is after the movie, but doesnt solve anything.
>>
>>15255352
PRINCE OF DARKNESS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjmu0aixO_A
>>
Does Blank of Three Years explain why the dead characters aren't dead anymore?
>>
This was when Xebec died.

Now all they do is shitty titty stuff.
>>
File: 11976747_p0.gif (322KB, 531x786px) Image search: [Google]
11976747_p0.gif
322KB, 531x786px
>>15256118
No. They still managed to pay proper respects to Break Blade.
>>
>>15255352
>Lots of Ruri.

Right, it's a shitty movie. We mentioned that
>>
File: 535345.png (57KB, 276x256px) Image search: [Google]
535345.png
57KB, 276x256px
>>15257326
kys
>>
>>15257798

oink oink, motherfucker.
>>
>Let's make sure not to explain any of the plot but we HAVE to include a 20 minute scene of Ruri on summer break

Yeah I take it back. Counting on sequels aside this is just bad form
>>
>>15257897
Dude, Ruri is really good at coloring. She stays in the lines and shit.
>>
>>15255352
Actually The Blank of the Three Years adds very little to the movie.
Most of the most important aspects are explained in side material, mainly that Akito and Yurika where on their way to their honeymoon when the Martian Successors fucked them up.

The Mission comes after the movie and also adds very little, ending with a To Be Continued screen. Ruri still doesn't find Akito here.

The last thing was a one shot "manga" that just shows Ruri and Hari visiting Yurika at her mobile restaurant to talk about Akito.

Then King Records cancelled the whole thing.
>>
>>15256045
See >>15263748
Yurika was captured, Akito was rescued by Nergal, and most of the rest went into hiding or to mind their own business until Ruri got a lead and gathered the crew back again.

Prospector knew the whereabouts of some, and those some knew about everyone else.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.