[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished this show and thought it was kind of meh. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: STL015812.jpg (1MB, 976x1500px) Image search: [Google]
STL015812.jpg
1MB, 976x1500px
I just finished this show and thought it was kind of meh. What did you guys think of it?
>>
Redeemed by Zarkepyon in the finale.
>>
>>15252665

it was kind of meh
>>
Green is cute but that's probably not a good enough reason to watch it, is it?
>>
File: SO GOOD.jpg (844KB, 1728x984px) Image search: [Google]
SO GOOD.jpg
844KB, 1728x984px
>>15252665
Decent for a western cartoon.

>>15252677
This.
>>
>>15252702

Im not gonna argue Zarnubis wasn't cool and everything but to get that we had to sit through 25 episodes prior of bland toothless lol so randumb forced comedy and honestly I don't think it was all worth it.

The series has a lot of potential but the writers don't want to seem to really take any risks to capitalize off it so the whole thing just feels wasted. Not to mention the series has serious tone problems. Any time anything is getting remotely scary or serious they have to cut away to Corran making some stupid joke or Hunk being hungry.

Honestly I was hoping these problems would have gotten better in S2 but they only got worse.
>>
>>15252665
I liked it. Season 2 was a massive improvement though.
>>
The paladin suits are well designed.
>>
>>15252665
I like it quite a bit. I bought the combiner toy because I enjoyed it so much.
>>
File: 001.png (3MB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
001.png
3MB, 2880x1800px
I'm not used to that many of the characters being sympathetic.
As someone raised on Gundam I expect most of the cast to be some shade of asshole.
>>
>>15252665

It was pretty shit, yeah. Though what do you want from something that comes from garbage.
>>
Why the fuck couldn't they make something original instead of relying on a Japanese series as a template? This happens all the time with anime and live-action.
>>
>>15252665

I like it, but I think it suffers from being caught in a weird place.

On the one hand, its fucking Voltron. Giant flying robot lions flying around who form a super robot. This was never going to be a serious show, and they want it to appeal to a young audience so there is slapstick humor that gets kinda grating.

On the other hand, they play their premise pretty straight and at times it gets surprisingly serious. I only watched a little old school Voltron as a kid and I was too young to remember any of it besides the transformation gimmick, so when you get to the end of S1 and the reveal about Zarkon comes to light, I was actually pretty hyped by that because I thought it was a good twist and it raised the stakes in an interesting way.

On the mutant third hand, they jump from 'Hunk is throwing up all the time, lol' to "Keith just cut that motherfucker in half with a sword, and Lance just made a sex joke. ...And they are not even PRETENDING anymore that 'Quiznak' doesn't mean 'Fuck' anymore".

So sometimes I could almost believe I was watching a cartoon for adults, but then Corran makes a funny face and I lose my place again.
>>
File: 1487094287238.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1487094287238.gif
3MB, 400x225px
>>15253035
>they didn't have a CRT
>>
>>15252665
>I just finished this show
Impossible. It's not finished yet.
>>
>>15252714
>The series has a lot of potential but the writers don't want to seem to really take any risks to capitalize off it so the whole thing just feels wasted. Not to mention the series has serious tone problems. Any time anything is getting remotely scary or serious they have to cut away to Corran making some stupid joke or Hunk being hungry.
Bingo.

It's a modern children's show, so humor is expected, but come'on, there was a big reliance on fart jokes. It would be fine if it had decent humor like the original Teen Titans cartoon, but most of it was groan worthy. It could have been a lot worse though, and hopefully it gets kids interested in serialized sci-fi shows.
>>
>>15254240
>It could have been a lot worse though,

It could also be a lot better is the problem and I can see how but the show runners are playing it just too safe. I can at least respect a bad show that TRIED, but Voltron never seems to do more than it has too. It's boring. My Nephews, WHO LOVE ROBOTS, where bored by it. You know how much that stings me.
>>
>>15253419
>So sometimes I could almost believe I was watching a cartoon for adults, but then Corran makes a funny face and I lose my place again.

That's basically the kind of show that these creators like to make. Avatar was the same way: there's about a two-episode gap between one of the characters learning how to control people like marionettes by manipulating their blood and another character having a dream that he's about to fight the Fire Lord but isn't wearing pants.

The intent is to basically hit every age range with something. It works alright for the most part, but to get the most out of it you need to kind of enjoy all of those kinds of humor at once. I do, so I love the show, but I can certainly see how it could feel jarring if you aren't into the slapstick.

Like, the S2 opening episode is a pretty good yardstick. On the one hand there's a serious plot going on, and on the other hand in the background the mice are going through a fucking Zoidberg lifecycle where they turn into squirrels, then fish, then birds, then a five-headed camel and so on. If you simultaneously find the drama engaging and find the background event fucking hysterical, you're in the sweet spot for enjoying the show as a whole.
>>
>>15254307

Im fine with the show trying to family friendly, in fact Id even encourage it but there's a fine line between fun for the whole family and LOL THE SLIPPERIES! or LOL PAUL BLART!

Even from a family friendly perspective that's just retarded.
>>
I didn't get past the first season
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.