[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the Leijiverse (and Yamato) still stand up? I guess I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

File: leiji1.jpg (147KB, 420x299px) Image search: [Google]
leiji1.jpg
147KB, 420x299px
Does the Leijiverse (and Yamato) still stand up?

I guess I'm asking if it is as watchable as classic Universal Century Gundam, as I'm thinking of trying it after I finish Victory Gundam.
>>
>>15251287
No it doesn't.

Lazy Matsumoto was always a hack.
>>
>>15251287
Not really. There's not even one. He just enjoy reciclying his characters for no particular reason. So people assume they're all part of the same universe.
>>
>>15251287

Best version of Yamato is the new 2199 universe.

I was never a big Matsumoto fan. Apart from Yamato I find a lot of his stuff to be rather boring and repetitive.
>>
>>15253690
Yamato is not his, he was just a member of the staff who claimed authorship, made a crappy follow-up and got denied the rights over the series when people realized he was not really the reason for its success.
>>
>>15254369

Matsumoto set your home on fire or something? Maybe you are just trying too hard. Happy shitposting.
>>
>>15251953
"Star system" is an old-school copout for reusing character designs, yes. Tezuka invented this because he was working on a gorrillion different manga, but Leiji is hacky because he keeps them in the same roles.
>>
>>15254397
He's just telling you the truth. Matsumoto is lazy, that's why he takes all these shortcuts.
>>
>>15253690
>Apart from Yamato
Not even his.
>>
>the "lazy matsumoto" meme actually caught on
lol you stupid fucking faggots
>>
>>15256862
It has been used for years. Truth cannot be hidden forever. More and more people are coming to the conclusion of what a lazy hack he was. Especially now his manga stuff is avaliable again.
>>
>>15258082
>used for years
Prove it.
>>
File: lazythehack.png (292KB, 597x857px) Image search: [Google]
lazythehack.png
292KB, 597x857px
>>15258536
https://yuki.la/m/9264598
https://yuki.la/m/10273051

It has been used even earlier than these, but most archives were lost. The term has been around for a few years now, but Lazy has always been shit.
>>
File: lazystools.png (1MB, 1553x616px) Image search: [Google]
lazystools.png
1MB, 1553x616px
Can you imagine how fucked Lazy would be if he couldn't use these?
>>
File: 86ba54fde7c09e7ba04fef5a6ea2d295.jpg (110KB, 736x1079px) Image search: [Google]
86ba54fde7c09e7ba04fef5a6ea2d295.jpg
110KB, 736x1079px
>>15260899
I hate his fucking artstyle. Everyone looks like they're deformed mutants outside of his generic man & woman designs and his panelling is awful.
>>
>>15251287
Jesus fuck people, he's not even talking about the man's manga, he just wants to know if any of the anime tertiarally related to, or sharing an aesthetic with, the style generally referred to as Leiji's is good. Or you could just say leijiverse and save yourself the autistic clusterfuck of an explanation.

And yes, I'd particularly recommend the old Yamato anime, and the 999 movies. Also Arcadia of my Youth.
>>
File: maetel-2.jpg (17KB, 478x357px) Image search: [Google]
maetel-2.jpg
17KB, 478x357px
I like his characters even if their plots are simplistic.
His older animes are slow and the drawings horrible (pic related, how no one told him this is horribly wrong) but the most modern stuff is still enjoyable (ENJOYABLE is the key word)
>>
File: lazyasfuck.png (144KB, 599x863px) Image search: [Google]
lazyasfuck.png
144KB, 599x863px
>>15267501
Even the most terrible of "his" anime looks leagues better than his manga work.
>>
>>15254369
>Directed the series
>Wrote the screenplay
>Wrote the scrips
>Designs the ships and characters

lol fuck off

>>15251287
Yeah, watch GE999, Harlock, Harlock Endless Orbit, Queen Millennia, and then the newer stuff with Maetel. We just have a really persistent shitposter because Leiji raped his waifu or something.
>>
I thought Harlock was pretty good
>>
File: awesome page.png (760KB, 1146x829px) Image search: [Google]
awesome page.png
760KB, 1146x829px
>>15261067
Hey Lazy Matsumoto memer, you seriously think this is "bad, incoherent paneling" despite that it's perfectly logical and creative to boot. Then you cherrypick surreal scenes and post them out-of-context to make the same point.
>>15267501
>His older animes are slow and the drawings horrible (pic related, how no one told him this is horribly wrong)
What? Leiji isn't even an animator so what does he have to do with a random animator making a body too tiny? Besides anime is highly inconsistent depending on the skill of whoever is currently drawing it. There are good looking moments of 70s Leiji anime and bad looking moments.
>>
>>15268229
Go fuck yourself, Busterbeam.
>>
>>15267794
>designs the ships and characters
You mean copy pasted. That's all Lazy Matsumoto is capable of.

He's a hack.
>>
>>15268319
The saddest thing is he's been at it consistently for months now and what he does when he's refuted:
>>15268421
His vocabulary is very limited so I suspect him to be ESL.

I wish I had the screencap where he got banned that one time.
>>
File: fella1.jpg (31KB, 310x203px) Image search: [Google]
fella1.jpg
31KB, 310x203px
Leijitroll pls go.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.