[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it just me or nobody ever talks about Grendizer these days?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: dizergirls1.jpg (220KB, 800x585px) Image search: [Google]
dizergirls1.jpg
220KB, 800x585px
Is it just me or nobody ever talks about Grendizer these days? Everyone seems to have the hots for Mazinger instead.

Seriously, this show has some really top tier waifus who all make Sayaka look like shit in comparison.
>>
To be fair, johnnyenglishsubs is taking their sweet time doing this show in-between other slow moving projects, while the only full English subs were done by someone with ESL.
>>
File: 91yniy6ZCuL._SL1500_.jpg (314KB, 1500x1047px) Image search: [Google]
91yniy6ZCuL._SL1500_.jpg
314KB, 1500x1047px
>>15244525
You should just stick to the ESL for the moment. The show is pretty easy to follow, you actually don't need accurate subs.
>>
I'm waiting for Great Mazinger's subs to finish so I can finally enjoy it, because Mazinger was really great. I thought Grendizer already had a release, and I'd just've watched that, but now guess I gotta wait for that one too.
>>
>>15244545
The Grendizer anime doesn't make any references to Great Mazinger (Other than that movie), only a few to Mazinger.

The show itself is completely standalone.
>>
>>15244567
Hm, I'm all for watching things in production order, but I guess it shouldn't be anything to fuss over.
>>
>>15244579
All I'm saying is that Grendizer was never really connected to Mazinger.

Grendizer was only part of the Mazinger trilogy for marketing purposes. It's pretty much acknowledged to be a different series altogether nowadays.
>>
>>15244513
Because the quality of a show can be judged by the waifus, aye?

That's not actually how it works, y'know.
>>
I'd make a joke about Wasim, but it seems he quit.
>>
>>15244513
Because it's shit just like everything else that came from that era.

>>15245211
You have to try and find something redeemable about garbage, you know.
>>
>Shin Grendizer never.
>>
>>15245231
He decided that Grendizer is haram
>>
>>15245233
Do you hate gundam too? Same era.
>>
>>15246251
Not him, but Gundam marked the split between the 70's and the 80's by creating the real robot subgenre and airing at the end of the decade.
>>
>>15246263
Th real robot sub genre has existed way before Gundam. It was the de facto genre for both western and eastern literature. Mazinger was the oddball, by trying to combine super heroes and robots. That's unheard of.

Th split you're referring to isn't really a split. It's just marks a difference in the setting. Other than that, the storytelling conventions remained the same for at least another decade. Even up to Zeta, the motw is still there, the characters are still overly emotional and not logical.

Grendizer looked better than Gundam too especially the episodes with Araki as the character designer.
>>
The people who exclusively watch "real robots" don't understand that all these shows often share the same staff. You're watching the same writing conventions being played out with a different cost of paint.

Gundam particularly doesn't bring a lot new to the table, other than an evil human faction, whose role can easily be filled by the aliens in Yamato and Grendizer (vegans). Zeon wasn't any more realistic or compassionate compared to the aliens I mentioned.

And even in Tomino's other series like Daitarn and Zambot, you can already see the seeds of Gundam.

Gundam was just a good show that made good use of its setting, it has nothing to do with the real robot toy marketing of that era.
>>
File: IMG_0030.jpg (114KB, 600x594px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0030.jpg
114KB, 600x594px
>>15245211
>Because the quality of a show can be judged by the waifus, aye?
Absolutely. Also don't forget the husbandos.
>>
>>15244513
Mazinkaiser is better
>>
>>15245601
Technically, Grendizer is one of most Famous anime in Middle East.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYpVM1xEJM0
>>
>>15246283
Why is Duke such a handsome bastard? I get confusing urges to gattai with him.
>>
>>15245282
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS7YfzGq3n4
>>
My dad loves Grendizer.
I'm planning on watching it with the other mazinger animes after finishing gundam.
>>
File: 1400714968192.jpg (89KB, 800x567px) Image search: [Google]
1400714968192.jpg
89KB, 800x567px
best grills
>>
Grendizer doesn't have any new anime
>>
>>15248070
it should

grendizer is stronger than mazinger
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.