[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You've never walked, you've never run, You're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: Prime.jpg (368KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Prime.jpg
368KB, 1920x1080px
You've never walked, you've never run,
You're a winner
You got the moves, you know the streets
Break the rules, take the heat
You're nobody's fool
You're at your best when when the goin' gets rough
You've been put to the test, but it's never enough

You never bend, you never break
You seem to know just what it takes
You're a fighter
It's in the blood, it's in the will
It's in the mighty hands of steel
When you're standin' your ground
And you never get hit when your back's to the wall
Gonna fight to the end and you're takin' it all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A52--FKUQgU
>>
>>15239046
>Break the rules, take the heat

Lyrics make more sense when you learn the song was originally made for Cobra. It's about a cowboy cop who plays by his own rules.
>>
>>15239080

>Theme song meant for Marion 'Cobra' Cobretti ends up being for Optimus Prime
>>
File: 1423073614102.jpg (106KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1423073614102.jpg
106KB, 640x480px
>It's in the mighty hands of steel
>>
>>15239080
>>15240209
It fits prime better anyway. Cobra has been on the run his whole life, an outcast on the fringe of society, living in a shitty apartment full of rubbish. He's not really a winner.
>>
>>15239080
>>15240209

Was Cobra any good?
>>
What's your favorite Stan Bush song that isn't The Touch or Dare?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_44kGHBbzpQ
>>
>>15242435
I think you'd be extremely hard pressed to find anyone who cares about stan bush beyond the effect The touch and dare had on their childhoods or even knows who he is.
>>
>>15242435
Dare
>that synth solo
>>
>>15242435
Out of curiosity I looked a little more into stan bush and he actually performed at botcon last year

I loved the transformers movie as much as anyone and it changed me but holy shit that is sad. A rock musician reduced to playing 30 year old songs for a venue full of grown men who still live with their parents and collect transformers. That must be soul crushing for a musician.
>>
>>15242991
Lots of lesser-known 1980s rock musicians play small, unceremonious venues these days, and generally seem to enjoy themselves.

Stan Bush also wasn't ever really ultra successful/popular, he's mostly known for songs written for soundtracks.
>>
>>15243019
I don't know. If in 1985 someone went to stan bush and said:

>These songs you're doing for this movie based on toy robots? In 32 years nobody will care about you and you'll be performing these same songs for people who collect the toys from this movie

I'm not sure I could handle that. If you say he's enjoying himself then ok I guess.
>>
>>15243060
I'm not sure anybody cared about him then, either.
>>
>>15243167
No the transformers movie was a pretty big deal. They got a lot of A list talent for it.
>>
>>15243060
>These songs you're doing...In 32 years...you'll be performing these same songs for people...

If you told any musician this then they'll be happy about it no matter what you put in between. With the self-hating removed this is just, "You know your job? You'll still have it in thirty years. Doesn't that suck?"

No, it doesn't.
>>
>>15239046
That song sucks
>>
>>15246522
It does
>>
I didn't know Prime was in Boogie Nights.
>>
>>15242991

Hey man, BTO is going to be playing Takin Care of Business foever.
>>
>>15242357
Its Cheesy but it can get a bit slow. Drive taked inspiration from it.
>>
>>15246522
Are the vocals taking away from the bass?
>>
>>15242332

What does "know the streets" mean in reference to Prime? Fits Cobretti more.
>>
>>15247492
in truck mode Prime drags his crotch across streets all day erry day, thus fitting the biblical meaning of know
>>
>>15247501

lol
>>
>>15240209
>>15239080
I wonder where in the Cobra movie they would have used this song, if Stallone had to put it in the movie. The song does not fit the Cobra movie at all, the tone of the movie and the tone of the song put together would have been awful
>>
>>15243188
It's still hard to believe they got Orson fucking Welles.
>>
>>15251910
Wells was kinda blackballed after Citizen Kane. He was doing TV commercials and shit. Wells in TF says more to it being a small production than a big one.
>>
>>15252927
It worked though, him reading his lines with a twinge of boredom made Unicron more grand
>>
>>15252955
It's true. Unicron gave no fucks. It was terrifying.
>>
>>15251896
>The song does not fit the Cobra movie at all,

You do realize what kind of movie Cobra is right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjh-gOZVNko
>>
>>15252927
>>15251910

Orson had a good career after Citizen Kane. But he has a big ego, and he's a pain to work with. By the late end of his career he was debating whether to make guest appearances on Love Boat. He wasn't in great financial shape.
>>
>>15243060

Not everyone in the business is salty they aren't world famous multi millionares.

Plenty of people are satisfied making a decent wage for minor stuff and con appearances purely to nostalgia trigger pathetic manchildren.

Stan Bush is one of them. He's got no problems being the Transformers guy, so long as people appreciate his songs and they keep paying him for it.
>>
>>15254017
>>15243060

You do realize Stan Bush made more in a few days work than most of you do in months right?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.