[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We're a couple of weeks off the 8 year anniversary of this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 25

File: latest-7.jpg (216KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
latest-7.jpg
216KB, 1280x720px
We're a couple of weeks off the 8 year anniversary of this happening, and I still can't fucking believe it.

I don't think any scene will ever top this in terms of absolute out of nowhere ridiculousness.
>>
>>15235366
Definitely one of the most silly scenes to have come out of the Gundam franchise.
It was so goddamn dumb. and yet I loved it.
>>
Ok, I had thought I was up on my Gundam watching; what series are these two pics from?
>>
>>15235693
Gundam 00 Season 2, Green-haired Amuro over there decides to pull a Republic and makes his own clone army.
>>
File: 1426400313913.jpg (261KB, 711x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1426400313913.jpg
261KB, 711x1600px
Season 2 was a clusterfuck of amazing.
>>
>>15235366
There were literally thousands of him in those shitty suicide MS in that scene. Just for shits and giggles, I paused the scene when they start flying at the Ptolemaios and went frame-by-frame counting Gagas as the came on screen from the left so as not to be confused by the Trans-Am afterimages. iirc I counted a hundred in something like 8 seconds worth of frames, and that assault went on for several minutes including a second wave coming from the other side of the Ptolemaios.
>>
File: 1486225400734.jpg (210KB, 700x1362px) Image search: [Google]
1486225400734.jpg
210KB, 700x1362px
>>15235772
>>15235366
I was really getting into the plot, but when they all started yelling trans-am I couldn't stop laughing.
>>
>>15235714
DAREKA WO
>>
File: 1311370412221.jpg (274KB, 349x3241px) Image search: [Google]
1311370412221.jpg
274KB, 349x3241px
>>15235825
Have the Gaijin4Koma version
>>
>>15235366
I liked the insanity of it. You couldn't expect anything less from a Innovade who has pushed both himself and the world beyond their limits. Something's got to give, and Ribbons' sanity was definitely a part pf that broken whatever.
>>
File: 00 Episode18.jpg (822KB, 1229x4258px) Image search: [Google]
00 Episode18.jpg
822KB, 1229x4258px
Obligatory
>>
>>15236014
Vintage 4chan posting.
>>
>>15236014
Those were the days. We can't watch shows together like that anymore. Too many fuckers think it is fun to be contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.
>>
>>15235884
>>15235884

>tfw hearing this
>tfw reminded of the exact time a good show you liked has gone to shit but you still watch it week after week because you're too invested already
>>
All these 00 threads recently pushed me to do a re-watch.

I don't know if it's because I've become such a jaded asshole but terrorism as a social concern already seems quaint for me. Guess it really is the post-post-9/11 world.
>>
File: Setsuna Understood.jpg (329KB, 1498x369px) Image search: [Google]
Setsuna Understood.jpg
329KB, 1498x369px
>>
>>15235366
>Have an army of Innovades
>finally have trans-am GN drives figured out
>instead of putting them out in an army of mobile suits that can easily destroy everyone during that time period
>Ribbons put them in a stripped down mobile suit that's only good for suicide bombing

???????
>>
>>15236255
The clones didn't look like they were of any intelligence
>>
>>15236255
Probably time constraints. Gagas probably have much simpler and more basic controls and electronic systems, since it's much faster and easier to teach a clone "press this button to fly this way and explode" than to teach any complex combat maneuvers.
>>
>>15236255
Ribbons has an ego the size of Jupiter, and having an entire army whose only purpose is to slavishly throw away their lives for his sake really strokes it.
>>
>>15236255
then why put clones at all

you can just built catapult that launches Gaga directly to enemy and got the same result

god S2 was fucking dumb, whoever said S2 was just good as S1 should just go rape themselves
>>
>>15236255

Were they revealed before or after CB jacked Veda? I forgot.

He probably had some Innovade dickery in mind for the Gagas.
>>
>>15236406
I always assumed this was the reason.
>>
>>15235366
why did ribbons do this? Getting their picture taken?
>>
>>15236255
As a kid viewer at the time, I just assumed the Gagas were much more stronger than the average GN missile because of the Trans-Am bypassing the GN shields, and since Trans-Am requires voice recognition to activate, it made sense to have to slap a clone in each suicide machine. That's how I came to accept them as.

Looking back though, I definitely do think they were ways to make it not so egotistically retarded.
>>
>>15236014
I personally hated how 00 would always start off a fight at the very end of an episode and then finish it off at the beginning of the next episode. I'm glad that was a thing that never took on with later Gundam series. It's okay if you are marathoning the series but when watching it once a week it just kills the pacing.
>>
>>15236479
do think there were other ways*
>>
>>15236485
it was retarded but it makes the viewers eager to watch the next ep.
>>
>>15235825
This scene made me laugh like an idiot
>>
>>15236485
It's a lot better than IBO's "nothing happens for 2-3 episodes but here's a obligatory fight scene to stop you falling asleep" pacing. There were times I struggled to finish that first season.
>>
>>15235714
so were the gundam designs

minus the amazing

>the best original design was the weeby as fuck masurao or 10 beam finger jobbing thing

>GNXIV was a fucking clusterfuck compared to the sleek sexiness that was the GNX
>exia superior to 00

but at least they had that one cool scene
>gundam 0 v Gundam Exia
>>
>>15236255
I don't think they were full innovades. I though they were just mass produced bio pilots that could just evade fire much better than any computer or human with help of quantum brainwaves and a direct bedaconnection.
>>
>>15236421
>>15236639
>>
Pretty sad that 00 was the last decent Gundam full TV series...
>>
>>15236421
I love season 2 for how dumb it is.

Season 1 is a good real robot show, and season 2 is like a fun super robot show that's pretending to be real robot.
>>
>>1523756
All I see is people willing to accept 00's obvous faults for whatever reason. Nothing is stopping you from doing the same with other shows.
>>
>>15236014
I remember how fucking pissed I was when Nena fired at the wedding and just flew off while sticking her tongue out. I think I jumped up out of my chair when Setsuna challenged them.
>>
File: Head Bob.gif (241KB, 350x186px) Image search: [Google]
Head Bob.gif
241KB, 350x186px
So Ribbons and Terreria and the the bunch are all Innovades, artificially made Innovator knock-offs
And Setsuna is a Innovator, the first and legit one?
>>
>>15238037
Setsuna was the first complete legit one, but Louise was being modified by Ribbons, which gave her power comparable to that of an Innovator's
>>
>>15238062
I thought Louise was basically Cyber Newtype kinda deal Innovade

Is there a difference between Innovade and Innovator?
>>
>>15238066
An innovade is like an artificial human that can use quantum brainwaves to perform all the general newtype shit like fast reflexes, intellect, intuition, expanding out consciousness, etc.

Louise was essentially a cyber newtype, but I imagine Ribbons thought this would eventually turn her into a true innovator because he said once she would be the first innovator. I don't think the story said if Louise needed her pills for the fake GN drive poisoning or if those stopped the negative effects of artificially becoming an innovator.

A true innovator is like an innovade, but much stronger and can't directly connect with veda.
>>
>>15235366
The kamikaze stupidity after is far worst if you ask me.

I'll never forgive 00 S2 for fucking everything up.
>>
>>15239410
>Thought S2 was the height of insanity
>Movie trailer comes out, oh boy Innovator vs Innovator this is more like it
>Liquid Metal Ribbons from beyond the stars gets a chair thrown at his head
>>
>>15239419
>Liquid Metal Ribbons
What was the point of that considering he wasn't even connected to the real Ribbons at all.
>>
>>15239419
I really do need to watch that movie.
>>
>>15236468
>Not constantly posing for the viewers that may or may not be watching you right now.
Pleb.
>>
how much would you pay to let ribbons set his flat, non-genital barbie doll looking boipucci on your face?
>>
>>15239910
Not really, no.
It's a lot of action, and well animated, but due to the EXTREME simplicity and TOTALLY ALIEN nature of the ELS there's not really anything to the film other than action sequences and some visual symbolism. It's not nearly on the level of the series, plot-wise, because there really isn't anything you can actually DO plot-wise with an alien race that's wholly defined as "totally abstract alien".
>>
>>15239910
Just watch it and make your own judgements
>>
>>15240385
I disagree.
The ending and Setsuna initially trying to UNDERSTAND els almost killing him were really neat.
>>
>>15238111
Innovades are artificial humans with QBW. They are kind of Super Soldiers, but GN Particles was the deciding factor that make them complete. Louise was taking pills that can stimulate her QBW, which the side materials said was almost the same that was used on the Innovades. (Kind of interesting, was that she was kind of forming a second personality, like SS imo, when Ribbons was forcing her QBW to manifest. That parallel between S2 ep 7 and S2 ep 24 comes to mind)

Innovators can do whatever they want if its QBW related. They can connect with Veda.
>>
File: Graham's Roar by V.jpg (207KB, 984x575px) Image search: [Google]
Graham's Roar by V.jpg
207KB, 984x575px
To everyone who is a Fan of 00 to any degree:
What do you consider the worst aspect(s) of the series?
Whether it be the entire way a character was handled, or a singular event like the GAGA RUSH; I wanna hear your criticisms.

Personally I have a few gripes.
-A-Laws/Skittle Squad not getting all that much development outside of Regene Regetta and Andrei's team.
-Prince Ali never getting trans-am (yeah, yeah, I know Ribbons did that because he feared him, but still)
-How little screentime Graham had during S2
-Not mentioning what happened to CB in the epilogue of the film
-TIERIA REAPPEARING AND "DYING" SO FAST IN THE MOVIE.
-NO MG'S OF TIERIA'S SUITS

Everything else I either forgave or enjoyed whole-heartedly, if you can believe.
>>
File: Seravee.jpg (148KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Seravee.jpg
148KB, 768x1024px
>>15241459
>-NO MG'S OF TIERIA'S SUITS

I can forgive this one, the 00 1/100 NG kits are really nice. I have the Virtue and Seravee and I they are still among my favorite kits. My only complaint is the Seravee did not come with all the beam saber handles/blades to do the full Mecha-Shiva thing. I had to scavenge the rest off my other kits.
>>
>>15241519
Yeah, but I still would like for them to get the MG treatment.
The Seravee especially, as the Seraphim is lacking.

And the Raphael absolutely deserves an MG.
>>
File: ZEROOOOO.jpg (126KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
ZEROOOOO.jpg
126KB, 704x396px
>>15235366
>>
>>15241459
I think what went with season 2 is that it was too structured. They already have idea in mind what to put every episodes, so there's not much other ideas to grapple. And what also tends to happen was that things get cut off because they might deviate from the theme or it can get excessive. The way they did it was, it some way, efficient and less stressful, but they can get a bit lazy in some areas.

I mean, if it's doing as they go, they'll try to stuff as much as they can. That's what happened in later of season 1. There's also going to be exploration of ideas. I felt it did not happen in season 2. Season 2, if you look at the details, there's something in there, but there's no tension in the presentation. It's all ironed out and trimmed from the get go.
>>
>>15241459
>-NO MG'S OF TIERIA'S SUITS
True, but personally I'm a Lockonfag, so I'm still waiting for my MG Dynames, Cherudim and Zabanya.
Something about the green really activates muh dick,
>>
>>15235708
Why do people compare Ribbons with Amuro?
>>
>>15241654
Same voice actor dude. You didn't know?
>>
>>15239929
>Boipucci
If you recall, Innovades have multiple bodies. Im sure he has a body somewhere with a actual vagina.
>>
>>15241459
Saji annoyed me but I understand that that's the point of him.
>>
>>15241661
I thought there was a deeper reason besides the same VA
>>
>>15241459
I wanted more Ali airtime.
>>
>>15241697
Watching Tieria slapping some reality into him was great. Wish he was harsher.
>>
>>15241654
Same voice actor and 0 Gundam is basically RX-78-2 with a GN Drive.
>>
i should have stopped watching at this point. . . but no i just had to finish it and start the trainwreck of a movie
jesus 00 could have been good
>>
>>15241922
>AWOT
>Bad
Justify yourself.
>>
>>15239910
Do it. It's better than S2. Don't listen to >>15240385
>>
>>15241459
we had no ali vs graham fight. Basically they never even met or didnt know the existence of each other. Fuck that

But I think graham would've still won
>>
>>15241459
S2 was too cookie cutter. S1 was cuhrazy and I had no idea what the fuck was going on and I loved it. S2 was way too standard Gundam so it didn't have the same level of well-paced insanity and twists.
>>
File: THRONE 3.png (339KB, 500x658px) Image search: [Google]
THRONE 3.png
339KB, 500x658px
>>15241459

Painting Team Trinity into outright villains when clearly they were just victims of Ribbons, raised in isolation and completely detached from any normal sense of morality. At least Nena got got put down the pointless chinese siblings before Louise "Full Retard" Halevy did her in.
>>
>>15242293
No.
Fuck the trinities.
>>
File: Lichty's_Final_Moments.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Lichty's_Final_Moments.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
The thing that amazes me about 00 is that it somehow managed to make me care about the crew. I don't know what insidious brainwashing they used over the course, but I went from not giving a single rat's ass about these people to damn near bawling when they were killed off.
>>
File: trinity2.jpg (95KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
trinity2.jpg
95KB, 1200x675px
>>15242297
>Great unique MS designs
>Actually work as a specialized team with roles that cover each other unlike CB just going fucking ham in every fight and trying to get away with bruteforce overwhelming the enemy
>Interesting characters who were clearly damaged because of the way they were created and raised, literally had no idea how to live any other way than as Gundam Meisters as opposed to the rag tag recruits in CB who spent every 10 seconds going into some deep consideration of what it was to be a pilot

They deserved to live a little longer and get some more background, maybe a chance at redemption. Instead they were turned into the scapegoats and killed off because the show needed some gundams to kill and they couldn't kill off the boyband. Lockon doesn't even fucking count because his twin somehow had the exact same personality, memories, abilities and rapport with the team that his dead brother did straight away, which was possibly the dumbest part of S2.
>>
>>15242303
>This guy was some kind of fucking robot
>It's never explained or mentioned ever again
>>
>>15242283
>S2 not crazy

>Bushido Bob the Weeaboo Samurai
>LET'S RAM THE PTOLEMY AT FULL SPEED FROM OUTER SPACE TO CAUSE A TIDAL WAVE AND SAVE ALLELUJAH
>Setsuna getting shot and kicking Ali's ass while drugged out of his mind
>Everyone getting together to save a city from being crushed by space debris
>Sergei getting killed by his faggot son (who I eventually came around to liking and feeling bad for)
>That Star Wars Trench Run to take down the Momento Mori
>RAISER SWORD
>INNOVADE ZERG RUSH
>All of the final 2 episodes, ending with one of the best final battles in the Gundam franchise.
>>
File: Scan - Fgdgd.jpg (640KB, 1105x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Scan - Fgdgd.jpg
640KB, 1105x1600px
>>15242315
well yeah. because he was dead.
>>
File: alvatore.jpg (54KB, 500x311px) Image search: [Google]
alvatore.jpg
54KB, 500x311px
>You will never be so rich and decadent that you have a solid gold mobile suit with a GN drive tuned to produce solid gold GN particles just for the aesthetics
>>
>>15242305
I too felt that having a clone replace Lockon was a copout, but let's not joke about them being the same character at all.
He's not even as good as a sniper as Lockon V1, and prefers mid-range combat.
Also Setsuna pretty much takes up Lockon's place as the voice of reason on the ship.
>>
File: この大馬鹿者! by masuo.jpg (232KB, 800x720px) Image search: [Google]
この大馬鹿者! by masuo.jpg
232KB, 800x720px
>>15242317
>that moment where I thought Patrick actually died near the end.
Don't play with my emotions like that you fucks.
>>
>>15237813

Dude, that was the fucking moment I knew I liked that autistic little Kurd.
>>
>>15242323
>Setsuna
>Voice of reason

He spends the first half being a miserable little edgelord (which was actually nice to see that he'd been affected by the shit that went down at the end of S1), then as soon as the Innovator started kicking in he suddenly transformed into a holier than thou emotionless slab just chanting the same mantra of UNDERSTANDING at everyone, and literally nobody was listening. There was no voice of reason on that ship, you had mad engineers, a drunk and reckless captain, a multiple personality disorder guy fighting with himself and then getting lovesick, the worlds most boring and least Irish Irishman who was busy putting his dick in an obvious spy, a man who thought he was a Gundam, a cross dressing transcendant consciousness clad in human flesh, some bridge sluts and a normal, average joe guy who had no fucking reason to be there and should have had every scene he was in end with the Seinfeld theme starting up.
>>
>Setsuna preaches about understanding and trying to see from the view of everyone else
>Team Trinity are slaves to Ribbons and have been conditioned to do awful shit from birth
>WOW I MUST KILL THESE PEOPLE THEY ARE EVIL I AM THE GUNDAM

Nigga was willing to parley with T-1000s from beyond the stars who were tearing the entire solar system apart, but he couldn't empathize with child soldiers who never got away from their master? Self righteous prick should have put a bullet in his own head first for all the shit he did under the sway of the taxi man.

Also literally what was the point in the Princess of Uzbekistan and her whole plotline that went nowhere? And more importantly, did she die a virgin or did Setsuna take her away to become a magic metal wife?
>>
>>15242338
>Setsuna being an edgelord at any point during S2
>Setsuna not being bro as fuck to Saji despite everything that's happened between them.
We definitely did not watch the same show.
Everything else you wrote isn't even subjective, it's just bullshit dude.

>>15242346
Congratulations on not being able to understand that aliens are not humans. I bet you get mad watching Star Trek too.
>>
Season 2 and the Movie was a mistake.
00 should have ended after Season 1.
>>
File: Setsuna-F-Seiei-Screaming.png (545KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
Setsuna-F-Seiei-Screaming.png
545KB, 800x400px
>>15242352

My entire point is that they're aliens and entirely removed from human experience, consider your reading comprehension. My complaint is that the ELS were absolutelt removed from human morality because of what they were even though they seemed malicious, but Setsuna was perfectly willing to try and understand them however impossibly difficult it was. But when it came to actual humans who had been in a situation he himself had experienced the horrors of, he didn't so much as second guess it, wrote them off as unjust and went off to put them to the sword. It's hypocrisy. Also the entire first few episdes of S2 was Setsuna on a wild revenge ride in his Exia Repair, which reflected how broken he was as a character in the least subtle way. I'm not complaining about that at all it was good character development, but you seem to want to believe he was absolutely fine and dandy in S2 from the get go, which completely trivializes the events he went through at the climax of S1.

>Everything else is bullshit
>Doesn't refute a single thing
>Some baseless attack about Star Trek
>>
>>15242293

That thing is worse than any IBO gundam design. How can it share the same sky as Sexia?
>>
>>15242352
dude, setsuna was edgy as heck at the start of s2 he even left saji alone and vulnerable just to go off murdering a-laws

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fczs9v-SOCE

excuse the dub
>>
File: disgust.jpg (59KB, 453x439px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
59KB, 453x439px
>>15242370
>I share a board with plebs who don't like Thrones, GN-Xs, Aheads and the slamjam Arche
>>
>>15241654
>>15241661

Didn't the VA like Reborns Gundam the best? Say what you will about some of the other design choices, that thing was pure sex.
>>
>>15241459
The good the series accomplished outweighed any minor gripes I had: Mostly just the Skittle Squad not getting enough development and Graham being sidelined in S2. Also the lack of some HG kits..

Otherwise I'm perfectly fine with the way the show and movie played out. And upon re-visiting it recently, a lot of the plot twists make sense in retrospect.
>>
>>15242360
Star Trek deals with aliens that don't comprehend human actions on the regular.
Which is part of my point. Setsuna knew the aliens didn't really know what they were doing.

On the other-hand the Trinities knew exactly what they were doing. Regardless of their past, what was important was the present.
Setsuna had gone through even worse shit than the Trinities, but took all of his hardships and turned it into the strength to move forward and continue changing.

Had Nena not killed a bunch innocent civillians, had the Trinities not targeted a civilian factory, the Trinities might have had a chance for redemption.
But that's not what happened unfortunately.
They knew what they were doing. As human beings, they absolutely knew what they were doing. Nena was lashing out in anger. Michael just wanted to kill shit. Johann was basically all of the worst aspects of Tieria put into one person. A man who didn't give a crap about anything other than the mission.

Unlike the crew of the Ptolemy, the Trinities took their hardships and went deeper into themselves; never improving or seeking improvement.

>>15242377
Yeah, Furuya has the hg kit on his desk at home.
>>
>>15242373

Arche was cool because it took it so far it became thematic. The Thrones themselves were just crap. Don't lump the good designs in with Team Shitinity.
>>
File: 1487725510220[1].jpg (342KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
1487725510220[1].jpg
342KB, 1242x2208px
>>15242321

Do you want to take a guess at which real life politician is that rich, that decadent, loves gold that much and has a press secretary who is a confirmed gundam fan?

It's happening bro.
>>
>>15242380
I think the biggest problem with the Thrones was their color scheme. It' just really bad for all three.
>>
>>15242383

PLEASE

PLEASE LET ME INTO AMERICA

PLEASE

I WANT TO SERVE THIS PRESIDENT PLEASE
>>
>>15242379

I take your points on board, but I can't agree with you that Setsuna had it harder than the Trinities. For a start, the Trinities were genetically engineered and mindraped from birth to follow orders and have no respect for human life. You can't judge them by normal moral standards because morality isn't some innate human quality, the fuckers never stood a chance. I know the show just needed them to be a dark mirror of CB to make a point, but I still see them as victims. It's like a dog that's trained to fight and nothing but fight, it's not the dogs fault that when it sees a little kid running and mauls it, it has literally no concept that what it did was wrong, but you blame the master, not the animal. The question is if they would have been taken away from Ribbons and given a chance to think for themselves, could they be redeemed, and S2 seems to say "maybe" with Nena trying to rebel after seeing her family slaughtered.
>>
>Seven (7) legitimate GN drives

Why the fuck was this allowed? Did the Ptolemy even have that many?
>>
>>15242390
>mindraped
Your guessing.
All we know was that they were raised to fight. If anything they were probably born fully-grown from a vat like the Innovade clones.
Nena's biggest issue was that she was raised to fight and never got the chance to experience anything else.
She was sick of doing nothing but fighting all the time, and yet she never made an effort to escape her position.

Also you keep comparing the trinities to animals as if they don't have an intellect.
At any point they could have sided with the Ptolemy, but they didn't.
In fact they were openly antagonistic towards the crew, and enjoyed their information advantage thanks to their ties to Alejandro.
The Trinities reveled in their seat of power, and didn't care for anything else.

In a show about change, and moving on from ones past, the Trinities were stuck in the mud.
>>
>>15242416
Also the fact that the film features an Innovade of the same genetic template as Nena's, suggests the Trinities were grown in a vat.
Especially since Innovades are all born fully grown, with none experiencing a normal development cycle.
>>
>>15242395
What are you talking about?
>>
>>15242423
Meena Carmine isn't an Innovade. She's the descendant of a scientist who donated her genetic material for the designer baby (AKA Trinity Siblings) project.
>>
File: 00-innovators-s01e12.jpg (126KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
00-innovators-s01e12.jpg
126KB, 1280x720px
>>15242423
What >>15242547 said. There's also the other doners Kinue was researching back in S1 whose genetic samples were used to make Tieria and the other Innovades.
>>
File: laughing xenos.jpg (46KB, 862x521px) Image search: [Google]
laughing xenos.jpg
46KB, 862x521px
>>15242588
>Literally Tieria in a fucking wig

Holy shit, I can't believe I missed this.
>>
>>15242598
Tieria with real tits though.
>>
>>15242588
00 has the deepest lore
>>
>>15242395
The Alvatore's drives were Tau ones. The Ptolemy only had condensers, the crew had to connect one of the gundams periodically to recharge them from its drive (remember the Alleluja battery).
>>
>>15242697

Is it ever explained why "real" GN drives are indestructible, or is it just convenient that they always survive when the unit they're attached to is blown out?
>>
>>15242702
I don't know what you're talking about, the 0 Gundam's gets destroyed at the end of S2.
The ones used in the Qant are brand new.
>>
>>15242702
By the end of the series every True GN drive except for Arios and Cherudim were destroyed.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLQa6rHDQmw
>>
>>15242745
He sounds a lot like Takehito Koyasu
>>
>>15242702
Well, protecting the GN Drive is like the number one priority for a CB pilot once the suit has been damaged enough, so they eject it if they have a chance.
But a majority of them get destroyed by S2, and in the movie the Qan[T] gets new ones and the Raphael has Tau drives.
>>
>>15242609
Sumeragi please check your rampant alcoholism and cross-dressing fetishes.
>>
>>15242710
I thought the ones in the Quant were Exia's and Virtue's? That was why the Raphael was using Tau drives
>>
>>15243439
They said during the movie that the Quan-T's GN Drives were brand new, I thought.

Also didn't Exia's drive get destroyed alongside the 0-Gundam's drive at the end of S2?
>>
>archives dead
>you'll never read Patrick's hot dicklings again
>>
>>15243457
The O, Exia, and Seravee drives are all destroyed in the show. The Quanta's drive is brand new.
>>
>>15242588
How did you learn this?
>>
>>15243546
It's implied. You can even see Ray, who's the donor for Ribbons.
>>
>>15235714
It was mostly a clusterfuck of boring and stupid with a few short moments here and there.
>>
>>15242359
I'm trying to rewatch S1, 4 episodes in and it's a goddamn chore. When does the first season start getting good again? I remember the beginning being a severe deal breaker on my first failed watch and the second successful attempt.
>>
>>15244355
Team Trinity showing up is when shit starts to hit the fan because suddenly the plan is escalated with 10 times the speed.
>>
>>15238111
I think the pills she took was both to control hes GN-Tau poisoning and to help her become a Innovator and the reason she was so unhinged was because Ribbons was probably bullshiting his way through it and after the tv show in the movie she was probably undergoing treatment because of the trauma she has because of everything she went through along with trying to undo any damage Ribbons might have cause with his bullshit, though she was very much an actual innovator in the movie
>>
>>15239835
His body was one of the innovade templates that went to jupiter
>>
>>15244355
first 4 is introductory and they get repetitive. I think 5 is the Al/Soma and 6-7 is when Ali first came.
>>
Man, I miss when 00 was airing, we had just so much fucking fun in this board, we talked about plot, the MSs, now we just have unrelenting shitposting
>>
>>15242346
Did you forget how Setsuna was pretty much a killbot in the first season? He reasoned that the trinities were attacking innocent people, therefore they are not on the side of justice, as such they evil and should be killed

That was literally his train of thought
>>
>>15242702
During the first season each gundam had an automatic ejection system for the GN Drives in case shit went bad, during the final battle in S2 they all got destroyed
>>
>>15243439
No, Celestial Being had to rush two new drives in Jupiter in the three years or so between S2 and AWOT. Zabanya got Cherudim's old drive and Harute got Arios's old one. Raphael was built with Tau ones because there weren't any other real ones to spare.
>>
>>15245032
First came the civilian wedding attack.
CB/Setsuna didn't do anything because they weren't sure if the family had been a contributor to war or not.
Then they attacked the civ factory, and Setsuna stormed off.
He didn't just go killbot off the bat. He actually gave them a chance.
>>
>>15245059
Yeah but he didn't try to disarm or even talk to them, he just went for the kill when it became aparent they wouldn't stop, his change from being a emotionally repressed killbot in the first season to actually thinking about the other side in the second is a big thing.

He never questioned his orders or anything else in the first season
>>
>>15245070
True.
It helps that CB was totally on their own, cut off from Veda.
>>
>>15245070
>>15245059
>>15245032
Looking at this discussions saddens me greatly about how they fumbled the characters in IBO when they already had similar characters in Gundam 00, by the end of the first season I know I felt nothing at the supposed "deaths" of the characters, even the two girl pilots "died" I just went eh at it, while in the first season of 00 they made you actually give a fuck about characters who didn't talk much

Even the whole child soldier angle that Mika has was a let down because he literally didn't evolve beyond it
>>
>>15235708

and they say that Gundam and Star Wars arent related to each other

>through 00 is the shitage of Yuhzan Vong and KRayt
>>
Hands down the thing that annoyed me most about S2 is how Al had some fucking progression in S1 then he goes right fucking back to a one dimensional character with one gimmick and a shit pilot.
>Muh Rie
>>
>>15236036
It helps that Gundam 00 came right after the disappointment of GSD to wash the taste out of our mouths and that 00 S1 was really good.
>>
>>15246001
No more massive backpacks, no more overused stock footage, good animation, great fresh new Gundam aesthetics and pretty green particles everywhere.
Man, that time when 00 first came out felt like a dream.
>>
>>15235366
Best strategy
>>
>>15242588
>>15242609
>>15243275
Was the ballroom scene really cross dressing if Tieria was a woman to begin with?
>>
>>15243570
>Alan Ray, voiced by Toru Furuya

Top kek, Sunrise.
>>
I'm gonna be honest, 00 is basically the only reason why I come to this board anymore.
Not to discuss the actual show, but nostalgia for a time gone past. When /m/ was decently populated, tightly-knit, and not full of loathsome cynics.
I fool myself into thinking the spark is still there, when really it's long gone.

I still watch /m/-shows, but I don't even bother to talk about it on this board. The only thread I regularly attend are the Gunpla general's.

All I want is to experience another 00.
>>
File: Marina is not amused.jpg (106KB, 756x772px) Image search: [Google]
Marina is not amused.jpg
106KB, 756x772px
>>15246794
>>
>>15246794
Man, you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>15241691
And one with an actual penis.
>>
>>15235366
>8 years anniversary holy shit guys
Jesus Christ, what are you, 15? Come back when it's an actual significant anniversary (10, 15)

Fucking millennials
>>
>>15248370
You need to take your pills, granddad.
>>
File: Retard Gundam.jpg (253KB, 674x700px) Image search: [Google]
Retard Gundam.jpg
253KB, 674x700px
>>15242377
>that thing was pure sex.
as long as you don't look at the back of it in Guncannon mode, or think about how stupid it is to design a Gundam that needs to be put in reverse in order to use its most powerful weapons.
>>
File: Reborns_Gundam_Origin_LOL7.jpg (3MB, 1319x1863px) Image search: [Google]
Reborns_Gundam_Origin_LOL7.jpg
3MB, 1319x1863px
>>15250448
>Retard Gundam
kek
should have been a tank instead

also i always thought from the gimmick point, Reborn Gundam fits Tieria better
>>
>>15244355
9-10 (the Gundam Capture Operation) was when it got good for me.
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.