[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I've never betrayed anyone in my entire life >Except

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (204KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
204KB, 480x360px
>I've never betrayed anyone in my entire life
>Except for one of my close friends and the countless men I used to my advantage while I needlessly sent them to the slaughter for my personal agenda, even though they had nothing to do with the Zabi family and were only following orders so they can put bread on the table for their families.
>>
>>15231684
PROTIP: Char is a jerk
>>
its almost as if Char is a delusional retard
>>
>>15231684
Do you guys think Char went to heaven or hell when he died?
>>
File: Char Aznable Lala Sune.jpg (75KB, 739x435px) Image search: [Google]
Char Aznable Lala Sune.jpg
75KB, 739x435px
>>15231726
Gunpla Valhalla.
>>
>inb4 that mouth-breathing sub-human Charfag retard that always says it's not betraying if you meant to do it
>>
>>15231767
>implying it's one person
>>
>>15231684
It's not betrayal of you never thought of them as a true ally or friend
>>
>>15231684
Char is a lying liar who lies. I don't understand why this is such a difficult concept for so many to grasp.
>>
>>15231767
OK. Let's put it this way. Is loyalty something you feel or something you do?
>>
>>15232485
Normally I'd agree even if I think that he didn't steer that far off from the truth for the most part with several notable exceptions.
But the fact is that OP related has nothing to do with lying.
>>
>>15232514
It's something you swear an oath of joining any reasonably modern military. As to-the-point-of-purges obsessed with it as the Zabis were I don't see why they wouldn't have one for Zeon troops.
>>
>>15232537
I know what an oath is. You didn't answer my question though. If I swear an oath does that mean I am obligated to feel loyal or does it mean I have to act loyal.
>>
>>15232554
Your question is irrelevant since Char obviously did neither by the end.

Obviously people judge your feelings FROM your actions, but most people aren't raving two-faced psychopaths who join their nations' militaries explicitly to backstab the commander in chief.

You know most people who don't feel loyal to their countries do? NOT join a group dedicated to fighting and dying for it. People who did feel loyal but no longer do? Resign, hopefully, or do stupid and dangerous things for everyone involved.

This isn't rocket science or some deep philosophical quandary like you try to make it out to be.
>>
>>15232607
Except people are not robots, you know.
If everything was that easy to resolve there would be no conflicts. Of course, for you everyone that creates conflict is a "raving two-faced psychopath". That's a very constructive attitude that is sure to encourage optimal solutions to problems.
>>
>>15231684
It's war, people die, what's the problem?
>>
You dont understand. Thats not char, thats quatro
>>
>>15232471
>gain a person's trust
>murder them
In what way is this not a betrayal?
>>
>>15232554

You are obligated to BE loyal. It doesn't matter whether you geniunely feel loyal or just act like you do while hating their guts inside. It's your actions that matter, and if you turn against them, then that's a betrayal.
>>
>>15232471

Yeah it is. Pretending to be their friend while planning to stab them in the back is certainly a betrayal.

In fact that's how most betrayals go since if you're geniunely someones friend, you probably won't turn on them.
>>
>>15231684
It just means that the Earth isn't square, baka.
>>
Char's a nutjob, but I think he's trying to rationalize his behavior, like most nutjobs do.

Char Rationalization: It was perfectly clear he was out to kill the Zabis, they were just too stupid to realize it, so he didn't really trick them, and didn't betray them.

Char Rationalization: Zabis were illegitimate rulers, and he was loyal to the state, so him killing them off was just proof of his loyalty, he didn't betray Zeon at all.

Char Rationalization: Lala Sune was awwwwesome, and Amuro killed her. It doesn't matter that she was only in the Elmeth because of Char, or the Zabis, or war, nope. It's all Amuro's fault.

tl;dr Char's crazy and thus really believes he didn't betray anyone, but objectively Betrayal is his modus operandi.
>>
I think this line was a mistranslation, actually.
>>
>>15240252
>and he was loyal to the state
He wasn't loyal to the state. He wasn't loyal to anyone but himself. That is the point. Why is it hard to understand?
>it's all Amuro's fault
How about you stop watching stuff with your ass?
>>
>>15242449
You do realize those are all rationalizations from Char's point of view, seeing as how they're all labeled "Char Rationalization," right? Reading comprehension, do you has it?
>>
>>15240260

The idea it was a mistranslation was discussed a week or two ago, and another anon who'd talked with some native speakers about it broke it down and concluded it was actually a fairly accurate one.
>>
>>15244863
No.They are your rationalizations and I don't care how you labeled them.
>>
>>15231760
>The first thing Char did when he appeared on screen was pick a fight with the Amuro clone
>>
>>15231684
He had a hard life
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.