[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dougram thread? I just finished Dougram. It was really good,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

File: dougram.jpg (301KB, 1436x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dougram.jpg
301KB, 1436x1080px
Dougram thread?

I just finished Dougram. It was really good, one of my favorite series now. I was expecting more from the ending, but I'm actually very content with it.

I don't see it discussed too much. What do you think of it?
>>
>>15230351
>What do you think of it?

One of the better fleshed out war dramas of the early eighties. When people say that Gundam has politics it makes me laugh because if you want to see real politics at work (ie realistic) watch Dougram.
>>
I want it in 720p

Some of the fights had bizarre physics

Dougram too strong to take damage despite all the direct hits

It's a masterpiece
>>
>>15230351
how did you upscale?
>>
>>15230440
I wonder why did Sunrise lost it's master tapes for several shows
>>
>>15230440
That was something I kept loving through the series. For all the tactics and stabs at realism it still usually boiled down to Dougramwinslol.

My favorite was when the new doubleplus CAs were decisively beating Crinn until the Dougram fell in a pit, and the bad guys just walk past wondering where the giant robot disappeared to and clearly it couldn't be in that giant robot-sized pit so we'd better turn our backs to that pit for a while.
>>
File: 0.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>15230351

It gets discussed at regular intervals, though thinking about it I haven't seen as many threads lately.

It's a long series, and a lot of the filler episode fights are repetitive, but the overall story, characters, and major battles are all very good.

The mecha designs from this show will always be among my favourite, and Lecoque will always be one of my favourite villains.

Also hang-gliding combat armours, just because.
>>
File: 51pCtkzID2L.jpg (36KB, 349x500px) Image search: [Google]
51pCtkzID2L.jpg
36KB, 349x500px
>>15230351
An awesome series, definitely up there with the greats.

I do feel differently from others a bit, because I solidly enjoyed the whole thing, fights and all, and never minded stuff like plot armor or what have you. Watching things happen, people change and struggle, and history play out was what made it good fun.

Also I want a Max Factory Bigfoot
>>
File: dougram spurde.jpg (105KB, 814x544px) Image search: [Google]
dougram spurde.jpg
105KB, 814x544px
>>15230351
>>
>>15232814
I feel like Rick being in a Federation version of this would work really well.
>>
File: Bigfoot.jpg (161KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Bigfoot.jpg
161KB, 900x1200px
>>15232369

You're in luck.
>>
>>15232834
>tfw got justice
Freakin' nice.
>>
File: Denon Cashim.jpg (38KB, 492x695px) Image search: [Google]
Denon Cashim.jpg
38KB, 492x695px
Takahashi /m/ series > everything else.
>>
File: douguram_comic_065.jpg (497KB, 1400x1076px) Image search: [Google]
douguram_comic_065.jpg
497KB, 1400x1076px
>>
>>15230982
Stop saying this without backing it up with data
>>15232900
Takahashi does some things better than Tomino, but Tomino does many things better than Takahashi, especially fight choreography.
>>
>>15233045

I wonder how a Takahashi/Tomino tagteam would work out.
>>
>>15233390
>Takahashi/Tomino vs Terry Funk/Mil Mascaras
>>
>>15232369
Dougram had the decency not to solo armies.
>>
>>15233045
>Gundam.
>Laser beams in space.
>Better choregraphy.

No.
>>
>>15232369
>>15232834
How are the Max Factory kits OOB? I usually just do minor detailing and topcoat.
>>
I kinda thought episodes 50-60 were pretty stale, then things picked up momentum but fizzled out towards the end. I had a lot of issues with it.

I feel that Votoms is a far better, tighter package.
>>
>I'm the best.gif
>>
Does anyone have a download for the new soundtrack that was released a year or so ago? I can't find it uploaded anywhere and want to see how the quality is.
>>
>>15233960

They don't need a lot of paint.

Sometimes the fit on parts can be a little odd though.
>>
I think Crinn is an underappreciated antagonist. He doesn't cry or bitch, he sucks it up and gets the job done. Like when his dad slaps him and tells him to come home, he shouts NO, jumps through a window down 3 stories, and motorbikes off.

>>15231135
I love the guys in the blue soltics who hit Dougram several times and easily evade all his shots through synchronised swimming, only to get beaten in the next episode by some regular rebel mooks.
>>
>>15235339
>antagonist
Whoops
>>
>>15235339

I honestly liked that part. The blue Soltics could take on a single CA with no problem and would've defeated the Dougram if it wasn't for the Dougram's plot armor and good reinforcement timing on the rebel's part, but couldn't overcome combined arms and proper strategy.
>>
File: dougram.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
dougram.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
>>15230351
Watching this is like watching an anime version of south american politics. Or the politics of any post colonial nation. Its an interesting take on the "federation are assholes". Once I finish Dougram I'm gonna finally achieve my goal of watching every Votoms thing out there.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.