[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gaelio's "new" MS under the spoiler pic. Oh my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 23

Gaelio's "new" MS under the spoiler pic.

Oh my god, are we really going from the Vidar's sexy ass...back to this?
>>
The bottom half is like it is from another mech.

Also, the lance is also a danslief rail cannon.
Fuck this shit.
>>
File: 14 (1).jpg (254KB, 900x848px) Image search: [Google]
14 (1).jpg
254KB, 900x848px
"Camouflage"
>>
File: 1250292976352.jpg (42KB, 800x529px) Image search: [Google]
1250292976352.jpg
42KB, 800x529px
>>15228326
am i allowed to say that that thing looks like ass?
>>
>>15228330

OP encourages it.
>>
Other pictures of the "Kimaris Vidar" incase people are curious.

http://bandai-hobby.net/item/1761/
>>
"camouflage"

Figures IBO would take the sexiest MS in the series, and honestly one of the sexiest designs to come out of a Gundam series in a while, and make it a red-herring for Mohawk black legs up there.
>>
I mean...it's not a terrible design necessarily, but it's just such a downgrade imo from the Vidar.

The Vidar was Gaelio leaving behind all his pretentiousness in the past, in favor of efficiency and a more "realistic" view of everything. This sort of feels like he's going backwards.

Which is probably the point, what a damn shame. If this really is what he's gonna get after they take off the "Camouflage" then that's unfortunate. I was really looking forward to seeing the Vidar go to its next level and kick ass.
>>
You'd have to have been retarded to not realize Gali was Vidar the whole time.

You'd have to have been a special kind of retarded to actually think Vidar (the Gundam) wasn't going to eventually go back to being Kimaris after Gali took the mask off.

That said, the Kimaris Vidar has some neat aspects but the overall design is pretty shitty, and Vidar was criminally underused in the show.
>>
>>15228352
This.
On its own, it's a good design.
But as the "true form" of the Vidar, a speedy and sleek suit that had three practical gimmicks (multiple blades, knee thrusters, grappling feet), it's a downgrade.
Now it just has a giant fuckoff lance and a katana. And I guess the knee drill.
>>
>>15228353

Of fuck off, everyone knew Gaelio was Vidar the moment he even showed up, that's not the point.

The point is this is a shitty design.

Yeah he was probably going to back to it or at least get an upgrade (and hell, where was it written he had to "go back"? I thought the Vidar WAS the upgrade), if the Vidar was supposed to be the "Shell" then sue me for having my expectations of its new form being a little better than a worst version of the original one.

Did we at least have to bring back that damn mohawk head? It's so ugly in comparison to the Vidars'.
>>
>>15228352
>The Vidar was Gaelio leaving behind all his pretentiousness in the past, in favor of efficiency and a more "realistic" view of everything. This sort of feels like he's going backwards.

Yeah that's kind of how I felt too, and part of why the Vidar was so cool. The Kimaris was a neat design but it was essentially a fucking centaur with a knight lance and a unicorn horn. It embodied Gaelio's naivety and unquestioned pursuit of honor and pride. It was pompous, and McGillis literally crushed it.

When Gaelio as Vidar showed up, he had this now more weary, introspective and realist vibe to him, and when he sorte'd in the Vidar Gundam itself its style just oozed that. It was slick, purposed, symmetrical, and efficient. It looked like an MS specifically designed to destroy Gundam type MS', especially the speedy ones. It was perfect for his character development. I have to admit I hadn't been as hyped for a design as I had been for Vidar in a while just because of how much sense it made.

So to go back to the Kimaris so completely kinda feels like they're reverting a lot of that, which is really a shame. I kind of had a feeling he was gonna get a new MS eventually, or an upgrade, or even go back to the Kimaris' general style and weapons but I kind of thought the general design aesthetic would remain, because it seemed to be so in line with Gaelio's development as a character.

In the very least they could have added some purple or white to those black legs, its weird looking.
>>
>'what kind of end-season upgrade do you want, galli?'
>just fuck my shit up
>>
It kind of looks like it might have those rapier needle thingies in the shields still, but I can't tell. Maybe they shoot out now?
>>
>>15228361

don't forget the twin pistols, and apparently it had a rifle too. Did it ever use it?

Man, what a criminally underused design if not. RIP.

Well, at least technically the Vidar got to be the one Gundam that sort of beat Barbatos, or at least it could have if McGillis hadn't interrupted with Bael.
>>
File: 35345435.png (621KB, 692x564px) Image search: [Google]
35345435.png
621KB, 692x564px
>>15228419

said rifle pictured here.
>>
>>15228399
Did you even look at the other pictures on the website anon linked?

They clearly show what the shield holds and does.
>>
>>15228399
Shields holds dainslef warheads with the launcher being the spear. One of the photos show the shield being slightly extended when connected with the spear.
>>
THIS is the replacement for Vidar, the single best design to come out of IBO?

They ruined the last decent thing about that series.
>>
File: worth it.png (163KB, 409x475px) Image search: [Google]
worth it.png
163KB, 409x475px
>practical but stupid looking
>despite visual upgrade it's deadly with Dansleif launching spears and a melee weapon
>Kimaris but it has adapted to the issues it failed at such as Hit and Run tactics stopped by more regular legs
>Still going to job to Mika or Bael
>>
>>15228438

Ah I see. Thanks.
>>
It'd still be a huge downgrade from the Vidar, but I wouldn't have such a huge problem if it if it weren't for those damn legs.

Like, it's really off putting. Otherwise it's alright. It's not as cool as Vidar but at least pictures like >>15228435 make it look good.

But dem legs...
>>
You know in some games when you wear armor, and you have almost an entire set on or at least armor pieces that look like they visually go together well? But then there's that one big piece like the legs, or the arms, or the helmet that you just have to wear, maybe for poise or weight in Dark Souls, or stats in other games, or even when its that one piece of armor you need but you can't dye it or transform its look cause reasons. Whatever the case, it just clashes with everything else.

That's this design to me. Gaelio needed to wear a different MS' legs for the stats. Looks like shit but fuck it, he needs that side boost refresh rate.
>>
>>15228419
It fired a couple of shots from the rifle in its introductory fight, yeah. I don't blame you if you missed it, it's really brief and could easily be mistaken for one of the pistols.
>>
Had they kept Vidar's v-fin and color scheme, I'd be perfectly fine with Kimaris Vidar.
>>
File: 1459139343736.gif (2MB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
1459139343736.gif
2MB, 850x850px
>>15228326
Being a Gaeliofag is suffering.
>>
How is Vidar practical at all? It's terribly underpowered and lacks weaponry capable of wrecking shit. The dainslauff warheads or whatever are proven to be the most powerful weapons mounted on a MS besides the Kimaris Trooper's nukes
>>
>>15228326
>Gaelio's "new" MS under the spoiler pic.Oh my god, are we really going from the Vidar's sexy ass...back to this?

Every time some /m/-gundam-fucktard criticizes the Turn A because of its moustache I'll fucking post the image you just posted. Not even a 5 year old can come up with such a senseless design. The legs, the head, the torso, the shields, and the dick ? Oh that's supposed to be what a lance ? Man, Sunrise could have just as well used Doraemon. The end effect is exactly the same.
>>
The legs would look better if they were more in line with the top half's color scheme and had flatter feet. Other than that they're fine.
>>
File: VidarSuffering.jpg (45KB, 600x850px) Image search: [Google]
VidarSuffering.jpg
45KB, 600x850px
>>15228326

Yep, feels awesome to be a Galifag
>>
>>15229570
>Kimaris Trooper's nukes
Eh?
If he had one, then why didn't he use it?
>>
>>15228508
>finally a new set of Legendary Legs
>the bonuses are fucking perfect
>but I don't have enough Exclusives lying around to actually merge them onto something better-looking
>>
>>15228326
Wasn't the point of the Vidar that the Kimaris' armour wasn't as effective as being 2fast2furious? I can understand the lance cannon thing but why is he going back to being a heavy?
>>
>>15229594

The legs are not fine. They look like they were ripped off some ballerina. They should have a well defined thickness to them and that's not the case. We go from thick to ultrathin to thick again. How can a giant robot be stable on a terrain if he tiptoes his way around ? Flatter feet are needed. The designers don't have any fucking concept of how to design a semi-realistic giant robot geared for war. You look at this picture and hilarity ensues. That's a sign of failure.
>>
The legs are what bother me the most, but it's such a damn shame this is what the Vidar has become. The Vidar is such a damn good design that was underused. I feel like I'd like the design of the thing if it wasn't bulkier than the Vidar.
>>
>>15229600
probably would have been a war crime

Warcrimes are in style now though
>>
>>15228326
What was even the point of "Vidar"?
Oh yeah, model kit sales
>>
>>15229611
Its a cartoon Anon. Its not real.
>>
>>15229812
>take down Bael with him by setting his core to over load and detonate the nukes
>>
File: wssyd.webm (180KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
wssyd.webm
180KB, 640x360px
>>15228435
>Vidar Buster
>>
>>15229611

Putting aside that there's no such thing as a semi-realistic giant robot the feet probably aren't designed for terrain since most battles are in space. I think the legs are about the best part of it frankly, and like the black/purple scheme they have going on. I also like that it streamlines the thrusters previous incarnations have had, while making them look a million times better. And not like giant nipples stapled to the knees. It doesn't mesh with the rest of the suit though.

>>15229815

> What was even the point "mechs"?
> Oh yea, sales
>>
>>15228341

>If TV Deathscythe Hell is Vader, Is Vidar Revan?
>>
>>15229570
Vidar's point is that it sacrificed virtually everything else for pure mobility and speed. So it wouldn't matter how powerful the enemy's gun is if they can't hit him.
>>
Did the Vidar even get a real fight? I don't mind this design, but I fucking loved the Vidar and I don't remember it doing anything memorable. It isn't fucking fair.
>>
>>15230481
Interuptted mika fight, that show off one against colonists.
>>15230430
Wonder how Kimaris Vidar works then.
>>
Vidar is pretty lame tho. The original Kimaris is the only good design in it's family line.
>>
File: C5GwWMGUYAIb_E9.jpg (101KB, 677x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C5GwWMGUYAIb_E9.jpg
101KB, 677x1200px
Sometimes nips post things truly horrifying on twitter...
>>
>>15230531
>not trooper
>>
>Lance shoots Dansleif spears
I change my mind, this thing is rad.
>>
>>15230531
>Vidar is pretty lame tho.
Them's fightin' words.
>>
>>15230647
The head is alright, but the rest is very blagh.
>>
>>15228326
Trying way too hard to be unique.
>>
>>15229570
Thank you anon

Vidar
>detachable exploding rapier
>open giant thrusters on the front and back of the legs
>underpar armor

Sure, its fast and the feet blades are kool. But vidar has lil defense. Do you guys really thing it can take a hit from rex's mace? Do you guys think its rapier can parry bael's boardswords?

K.Vidar
>Arm shields for 360 defense
>Lance has long to close range proficiency (two mid-range guns, two long range danslief cannons, and the lance spins like a drill)
>Knee drills for surprise close-combat stabbing
>katana for REAL parrying against Bael

K.Vidar is a more put together suit for anti-MS combat that keeps the theme of OG kimaris and trooper

You guys know its true
>>
>>15230696
Yeah but will plot armor favour said suit?
I don't want to see it get destroyed if it's a Swiss-army Gundam.
>>15230662
I'm mostly in it for the transforming legs
>>
>>15230722
The Vidar kicked Mika's AV'd up ass.
The Kimaris Vidar is only going to perform better.
Unless Bael has a GN Drive I don't see the KV jobbing. And if it does get destroyed, it's going to put up one hell of a fight before that.
>>
> Iok uses dainsleaf to kill a bunch of women and children
> Yamagi gets a misteryou weapon from teiwaz (probably dainsleaf)
> Gali has a melee weapon that shoots dainsleaf
thank fucking christ they don't have nukes
>>
>>15230728
Maybe Bael has a NLA penetrating beam weapon.
It's gotta have a more formidable gimmick than 'can fly' to be the King of the ASW-series Gundams, surely.
>>
>>15230639
sugo~i
>>
File: 1408901346160.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1408901346160.gif
1MB, 480x270px
Why does IBO do everything so poorly?

>Have show with significantly less action than most other gundam shows
>therefore less screentime for mobile suits you're trying to sell
>but still give IBO a high amount of suits and upgrades
>when we barely get to see them do shit

I honestly cant believe we're done with Vidar already.
>>
>>15230948
What if at the final battle, it's the showdown between Kimaris Vidar and Barbatos Lupus Rex, and they both get so trashed that emergency repairs were made and the upgrades were discarded? Then base Vidar and base Barbatos could duke it out, like Exia vs 0 Gundam.
>>
>>15230948
This was my biggest gripe with the 1st season. We do get to see the hero mecha do more (Gusion and the Tekkadan grunts appear regularly, and they stopped making a new Barbie every deployment) but the 2nd season has been the same shit for everything else - hype it, give it a short fight or 2, swap it for the new hotness. Its not good toy advertising.
>>
>>15230948
At least it isn't full of stock animation, awful melodrama, and constant flashbacks.
I just finished watching SEED, and I can confirm that IBO isn't nearly as bad as that awful tranch.
>>
>>15230788
Its gonna be hilarious if that is all it can do cus macky didn't refit beal for battle
>>
I'm not digging the legs, but from the waist up, it's basically the Kimaris Trooper with a new fancy shields-on-arms thing. It's not an awful design, but it's not the best this frame has had.

Vidar>Kimaris>Trooper>this
>>
>>15228435
Thats rad
>>
>>15231057
I'd honestly rather stock footage than this "one ep action, one ep exposition" alternating. Even bad action is better than no action at all.
>>
>>15231845
No. Fuck you, and fuck that.
The frequent stock footage ruined any kind of immersion or sense of tension I could have enjoyed during SEED's combat because it was so prevalent.

Shit on S1 for being all talk, no walk, but S2 has performed far and beyond anything I remotely saw as decent when watching SEED.
>>
File: zOQArQM.gif (3MB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
zOQArQM.gif
3MB, 704x480px
>>15231867
I get you're raging on SEED but stock footage is nothing new, and has been used plenty on other Gundam shows. Typically, it's spliced with different backgrounds and chained with other stock and bits of new to make another battle. Which is more entertaining than the sorts of dead air IBO keeps slipping into.

I agree, S2 has been better, but it's no saint either. Character building and dialogue is only better if it actually accomplishes... something, anything, be it plot or fleshing out people or the world, but so much is just wasted time. Saying "well at least it's not stock!" is just jumping at bogeymen.
>>
>>15228326
Give it Trooper's head and Vidar's feet and it would be prefect.
>>
>>15230948
the kits still sell
>>
File: 1484302008059.jpg (165KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1484302008059.jpg
165KB, 1500x1500px
The only thing that really bothers me about the design is the feet. I assume it's designed solely for space, but most space-only mobile suits with weird feet like that (e.g. Garazzo/Gadessa/Gaddess, AGE-3 Orbital, even the Reginlaze Julia) can convert them to a "standing" configuration.
>>
>>15230983
this is what happens when Bandai doesn't own Sunrise and is instead a sister business unit to it and can disregard Bandai.
>>
File: 1486811876060.jpg (3MB, 2513x3799px) Image search: [Google]
1486811876060.jpg
3MB, 2513x3799px
>>15230639
>>
>>15230639
>>15232467
Is that supposed to be a reference to something? I don't get it?
>>
>>15231867
SEED hate really is an overdone meme.
When Seed does stuff well, it does it really well.
But when it's not then it's anywhere from mediocre to shit.
The Strike vs. Aegis battle has more tension and urgency than anything we've seen in IBO.
>>
File: 61449632_p0_master1200.jpg (299KB, 1062x752px) Image search: [Google]
61449632_p0_master1200.jpg
299KB, 1062x752px
>>15228326
>We lost the Vidar for that abomination
>>
>>15232120
This thing looks like Xenogears.
>>
>>15230948
This. I like the designs but Vidar, Helmige and Flauros got no focus.
>>15231778
I'm worried about that.
At least give it guns.
Would good would dual swords do if you're fighting against a vast army and one MS with a counter.
Then add the three Gundams under Tekkadan, all three got refit for combat (even flauros, gaining side machine guns or a knife but still had rail cannons).
Bael seems to have nothing and the back boosters just seem just there.
>>
>>15232483
The Strike vs Aegis battle had tons of stills.
I could not give less of a shit while watching that fight.
I also hated how the Seed activation was the cue for the show to allow MS to actually damage each other, rather than just block eveything
>>
>>15228326
That railgun looks like a wooly dildo.
Would had been better if it were plastic dildo.
>>
File: latest[1].png (167KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
167KB, 400x600px
>>15232120
I really like how the Julia looks, except for the lack of hands.
>>
>>15228326
The thing is Vidar is not the suit you want to be piloting during a long protracted battle, especially one against 4 other gundams and a kill me sign attached to your back.

The new Kimaris is much better armed and armored for a long protracted battle, also I think its trying to pull a whole half demon/sayre look with its lower half which is neat
>>
File: a-toll.jpg (94KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
a-toll.jpg
94KB, 500x340px
>>15230696
Vidar is more of a silent assassin fencer, while the Kimaris Vidar is a heavy duty armored knight for open warfare.

360 degree shields? Ein is now a Fatima, bravo for taking traits from FSS.
>>
>>15232816
I meant open battlefield combat.

Open-source warfare is a trait in IBO though.
>>
>>15228326

The lance is straight up stolen from Fate/Stay Night's Gilgamesh EA sword
>>
I miss Trooper.
>>
>>15228326
The fuck is this shit? Original vidar is 100x better, the same can be said with grimgerde vs chocomans new suit bael
>>
This thing looks like capable of firing dainsleif too. Itll massacre the kids this time because of ein even if mika uses barbatos at full
>>
>>15228329
yeah, sucks because I liked the fencer / foil motif
>>
>>15232816
>360 degree shields? Ein is now a Fatima, bravo for taking traits from FSS.

nah they are just playing the thunderbolt gimmick into all of the series'.

SELL. MORE. PLASTIC.
>>
>>15233128
>Itll massacre the kids this time because of ein

Name a single character Ein has killed.
>>
>>15233187
he killed the realism once it turned out the girls' weren't dead from being smashed to bits by him.
>>
File: 1458978912860.jpg (34KB, 525x503px) Image search: [Google]
1458978912860.jpg
34KB, 525x503px
>>15228326
Why is this Gundam carrying a giant dildo? Will he shove it to McGillis' ass to remind him of his childhood? Is this intentional?
>>
>>15233263
Fuck you, you made me laugh; and YES that needs to happen.
Fuck Bael right up the ass.
>>
File: C5FoGaXVUAAMWBE.jpg (110KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C5FoGaXVUAAMWBE.jpg
110KB, 1200x1200px
>>
File: C5MWmN0UYAEED-W.jpg (398KB, 1108x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C5MWmN0UYAEED-W.jpg
398KB, 1108x1200px
>Mackyposters on suicide watch
>>
>>15233287
>>15233301
These make me like the design more. Maybe seeing it in action will change my mind like it did with Vidar.
>>
>>15233382

>IBO
>action
>>
>>15228326
i can tell Ippei didn't design this or someone just draw over his original design
>>
>>15233016

And Ea was stolen from Warzard.
>>
>>15228326
I get they're going for a graze ein throw back with the black legs but they look like shit and ruin Kimaris's GOAT color scheme
>>
>>15233628
More action then you'll ever experience in your life.
>>
>>15233287

This proves the legs ruin it.
>>
It's a perfectly good design, it just sucks that they're trashing the Vidar for this.
>>
>>15233263
literally no other way this series would end
>>
>>15233287
Is this the one going to be the real vidar? And not the shit with crap legs?
>>
>>15235625
It's a shoop.
>>
I'm not sold on the design, which is a shame because all previous Kimaris incarnations were pure sex. They need to lose the rooster look from the head, or at least dial it back a few notches, and lose the black and yellow. Paint it to white and purple to keep the suit two-tone, and it'd be a huge improvement.
>>
>>15236732
Also, I've thought that putting drills on things always makes them more awesome, ever since Gurren Lagann. Those knees changed my mind in a heartbeat.
>>
I miss Vidar.
>>
File: 1487691869355.jpg (28KB, 382x222px) Image search: [Google]
1487691869355.jpg
28KB, 382x222px
>>15233728 Warzard
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.