[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this pretty much confirms that this is set after Turn-A, G-Reco,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: vlcsnap-2017-02-19-14h54m16s987.png (887KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-02-19-14h54m16s987.png
887KB, 1280x738px
So this pretty much confirms that this is set after Turn-A, G-Reco, and all that, right?
The earth being resurfaced by DGC after the events of G Gundam is in Tomino's notes for Turn A (and restoring the environment was part of the Ultimate Gundam's purpose to begin with) so you can handwave the After War Gundam X craters as having been repaired by that, but the damage to the Moon pretty much seals this as the farthest-future Gundam show.
>>
>>15225856
Can we stop with this Shared Universe meme?

Thanks.
>>
>>15225883
It was started by the creator of the Gundam franchise.
You don't get a vote.
kthxbye
>>
>>15225856
G Gundam is not in the same continuity as any other Gundam. I don't even follow the series and even I know that, cmon dude.
>>
>>15225856
>be tomino
>have the idea that humans make the same mistake over and over
>make turn A to deliver the idea
>fans too retarded to comprehend, clings onto the timeline fuckery instead
>>
>>15225888
>It was started by the creator of the Gundam franchise.You don't get a vote.kthxbye

Even the franchise's creator can go senile.
Ie you're not bound to whatever Tomino spouts.

Shared continuity never made any logical sense, it only has a role in Turn A because it goes along with the freakin message about the cycle of neverending war. But this message is specific to Turn A, and furthermore Turn A is the end to all Gundam. Case closed.

Retconning counts for jack shit. So you can take your shared continuity and shove it up your ass. Yes, even Tomino can do that since he's not immune to stupidity. He's not the first and certainly not the last creative type to loose his head with advanced age (Lucas is another example).
>>
>>15225913
You don't know nearly as much as you think you do.
Tomino's setting notes for Turn A include his description of the Moonlight Butterfly nanomachines as "Perfected DG Cells", meaning it's a very important part of Turn A. Also those plans that the Luziana Militia stole from the Black History Room on the Moon included the blueprints for Fuunsaiki and Nether Gundam.
It *is* in continuity.

At least you admit that you don't follow the series, so you have that excuse for not knowing the details about it.
>>
>>15225987
You can take your headcanon and shove it up your own ass. Most people take the shared universe literally.
>>
>>15225856
>ou can handwave the After War Gundam X craters
>but the damage to the moon
what's the difference?
>>
>>15225856
This just confirms IBO is A/Z's sequel
>>
File: 1432933216461.jpg (177KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1432933216461.jpg
177KB, 1024x768px
>>15225856
>craters marked on maps
>Goetia themed Gundams
>Moon fucked up
If anything, this is post-Gundam X but pre-Turn A
>>
>>15225856
>>15225888
The only reason why I even entertain the idea of a shared universe is because I think it hilarious that during the events of Turn-A, Setsuna is somewhere flying through the depths of space spreading understanding.

Otherwise none of the puzzle pieces fit.
>>
>>15226045
>You can take your headcanon and shove it up your own ass. Most people take the shared universe literally.

Most people are mistaken. There is no shared continuity in Gundam. Turn A is the exception, in that the shared continuity is born and dies within the show.
As I said retconning means jack squat, especially when it's done more than 10 years after the fact and contradicting his previous work.
Tomino is senile, but fandom should have a little bit more working neurons. I guess all that newtype shit has fried the brain of most /m/-gundam-tards.
>>
>>15228291
>Most people are mistaken. There is no shared continuity in Gundam
>Don't listen to the show's writer, listen to ME.
>>
>>15228291
>contradicting his previous work.
What part of Turn A contradicted UC?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.