[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I into this series? Should I read the novels or watch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Full.Metal.Panic!.full.350016.jpg (2MB, 2265x3248px) Image search: [Google]
Full.Metal.Panic!.full.350016.jpg
2MB, 2265x3248px
How do I into this series? Should I read the novels or watch the anime?
>>
Read the novels and/or watch the anime.
>>
Anime is fine, but it's incomplete. The novels aren't all officially translated too. New Season 4 of the Anime is coming this year.
>>
watch anime, hype up for Season 4. I made the mistake of reading vol 1 of the manga for this and it killed my hype.
>>
The first season of anime is pretty shit desu. TSR is a lot better though
>>
read the novels or the manga, ignore the anime.
>>
the novels are shit, watch the anime
>>
I tried the novels years ago, but it was a shitty fan translation effort that was like something a machine would write

Did they ever get official releases or is there a decent fan translation out there now?
>>
>>15221916
Novels, anime, and manga are all pretty good, the problem is that the anime doesn't cover the later parts of the series and the manga doesn't cover the early parts of the series.

I'd probably recommend watching the anime then reading the manga.
>>
>>15223972
This
>>
>>15221916
which manga/novel picks up after the end of tsr ?
>>
>>15224094
Sigma starts at the beginning of TSR, but there are enough differences between the two versions that you might as well read the overlap anyway.
>>
>>15221916
If you don't mind neading then read the novels, it's the best option.

Otherwise watch the anime.

>>15223972
The anime cuts stuff from the novels and adds other stuff from side stories + filler.

Anime is not bad but if he can/wants to read the novels then it's the absolute best option.
>>
>>15224633
Are the sidestories translated? I can only find the main series.
>>
Would reading the first three novels, then watching Fumoffu and then reading the rest of the novels make sense?
>>
>>15225755
No because fumofuu actually had a lot of cuts done to it
>>
>>15225808
Really? Isn't it just an adaptation of some of the sidestories?

Was planning on using it to enrich the characters as bit.
>>
>>15225832
Yes keyword some
Watch fumofuu then patch up the rest with novels
Fumofuu easily best part of fmp so
Deninitely don't.miss fumofuu
>>
>>15225843
I'll do that then, thanks!

Currently on the second novel, really enjoying it.
>>
The first season is boring af,1 year i try to get through
>>
>>15221916

You don't. You stay as far away as possible because it's gutter trash.
>>
>>15221916
Yes.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.