[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In retrospect, did PLANT/ZAFT do anything wrong besides having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Fic-zfsc.gif (8KB, 306x216px) Image search: [Google]
Fic-zfsc.gif
8KB, 306x216px
In retrospect, did PLANT/ZAFT do anything wrong besides having a woefully inadequate vetting process for their chairman position?
>>
Blaming the entire Earth for the actions of one Terrorist group.
>>
>>15217515
#notallearthnoids
#speciesofpeace
>>
>>15217515
Other than Orb and Sweden, didn't the entire planet readily sign on to Project Fuck Coordinators?
>>
>>15217510
Creating a superweapon to fuck up the Earth.
Creating a superweapon to fuck up the Earth on a smaller scale.
Deploying Gungnir and then executing every enemy combatant one at a time.
Launching the invasion of Earth in the first place.

And it's also important to note that ZAFT was just as hateful of Naturals as the Alliance was as Coordinators - it's easy to forget because Destiny downplays it a lot early on.
>>
>>15217567
as the Alliance was *of Coordinators
>>
>>15217510
Isolate themselves and widely support an overmen-only view that would've led to their own extinction within a few generations because coordinators can't breed right, generally support their blatantly horrible militaristic regimes that pushed as extreme an agenda as Blue Cosmos including the development and use of multiple cruel and/or unusual superweapons. Every side in CE is awful in their own ways.
>>
File: 1192145097326.jpg (41KB, 865x576px) Image search: [Google]
1192145097326.jpg
41KB, 865x576px
>>15217600
Except /ourguy/, who can do no wrong and totally didn't make a chaotic situation even worse on multiple occasions.
>>
>>15217644
>who can do no wrong and totally didn't make a chaotic situation even worse on multiple occasions.
What did you mean by this? Are you implying the show didn't touch on that?
>>
>>15217650
It touched on that then forged ahead, and had him basically take over the world by doing the exact same thing.

It's like telling someone "violence doesn't solve everything" then John Wicking your way out of all your problems.
>>
>>15217523
Everyone was fine with the Coordinators (and even sorry for their loss in the Bloody Valentine incident) right up until ZAFT fucked over the entire planet's nuclear energy.

That kind of thing tends to make you enemies.
>>
File: SEED Angels.jpg (287KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
SEED Angels.jpg
287KB, 1024x768px
>>15217788
I dunno. They could have just rained nukes in a response to the BVI.
There real problem was that ZAFT pushed the Destiny Plan too hard, and backed it with a second long-range superweapon. They could have just waited out the EA falling apart, but the self-insert team needed to get into power to make peace forever.
>>
>>15217567
>it's easy to forget because Destiny downplays it a lot early on.

It's easy to forget because in the PLANTs have at least one person in the sympathetic leader role during the series; Siegel, whom Patrick killed to push his genocidal agenda while a low-key faction civil war plays out for a while, and Durandal, who called for his people to calm the fuck down in the immediate aftermath of the Alliance's opening shot in the new war, attempted with nuclear fireworks. Later on, the few times Durandal returns with any screentime, he talks about trying to wind the war down, followed by Berlin.

The Alliance's first definitive view of anything moderate outside of the core group of characters is Halberton who dies 1/5 through SEED, and we get nothing until a bunch of soldiers in Stargazer who're shocked to find a bunch of coordinator kids in the insurgent GINN they just toasted.

Hateful? Probably, everyone in SEED/Destiny seems to be made of reactionary and nothing more. As hateful, though? At least they're not running up to cars to shoot Natural statesmen.
>>
>>15217788
Yeah, I always thought that was rather disproportionate. In response to a few hundred thousand of their citizens being killed, they killed millions. I mean, Junius 7 was still horrible, this doesn't invalidate that, but maybe don't go and commit even worse atrocities if you want to retain the world's sympathy.
>>
>>15217510
apparently teenage pop stars coordinators can walk into zaft military facilities and walk right up to walking nuclear reactors and nobody will stop her.
And then she walk out again while her super coordinator boyfriend steals the walking deatch machine and nobody will arrest here.
>>
>>15217510
>Earth has Cloaking tech
>Doesn't use it to just launched cloaked bombs to creep on up and take the coordies out

I could of done a better job DESU.
>>
File: Red.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Red.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
>>15218225
>I dunno. They could have just rained nukes in a response to the BVI
>But they could of fucked us over more guys lets just be happy they fucked over a good chunk of our infrastructure instead of raining nuclear fire!
>>
>>15218676
Well, I don't think they had the cloaking tech until after N-Jammers kept them from using nukes. Though given how flimsy the PLANTs look, I'm not sure nukes would be needed to destroy them. Just hit the center, it's a glaring weakpoint in the design.
>>
>>15217510
Many things
>>
>>15221103
Please be specific. This is a formal inquiry.
>>
>>15218630

To be fair, Lacus burnt up all her political favor to pull that off, and the fallout as a result ended with Siegel getting killed and his entire faction either being arrested or having to go renegade with the Eternal.

She might not have gotten arrested immediately, but once the Zala guys figured out what they did, they were hunting her all over the place.
>>
>>15217510
they did everything wrong, although the same can be said about the Alliance, really it's the kind of world where you want both factions to lose

it's honestly kind of funny that Cosmic Era manages to be the bleakest Gundam setting when there's been at least 4-5 settings that are post apocalyptic in nature in the franchise
>>
>>15222885
Well, most gundams just have terrans vs. spacers. Seed had a race war.
>>
>>15217712
Don't forget insisting that since you're so awesome you're doing the Wicking without actually killing anyone because you're just disabling them, but then you proceed to explode ships and leave wounded, defenseless enemies around for other people to finish off or worse, they get back into shape and kill your friends.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.