[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does the existence of cyber-newtypes not just shit all over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Iron Mask Gundam F91.png (820KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Mask Gundam F91.png
820KB, 1280x800px
How does the existence of cyber-newtypes not just shit all over any ideology which proclaims them to be special and superior? Any dip can get brain surgery to gain your magic psychic powers which allegedly are unique to "space adapted humans". The existence of cyber-newtypes also directly contradicts any statement from the authors that being a newtype is a spiritual thing because it demonstrates quite clearly that the psychic powers of newtypes are a physical and biological process. At this point it's honestly a mystery to me as to why no one ever just built a newtype android or something crazy like that.
>>
>>15215193
Because they're neither cyber nor newtypes.
The original name is Enhanced Human because an underlying theme of Zeta is the growing estrangement between newtypes and oldtypes and specifically defining the other ones as human serves to reenforce the idea that newtypes are viewed as something other than human.
>>
>>15215193
Well, it works for the pro-Newtype propaganda because Cyber-Newtypes tend to be unstable and have psychological problems. So it fits with that classic "man trying to overreach his boundaries is punished for it" theme. The propagandists can point to them as evidence of how special real Newtypes are, any attempt to mimic them just causes the patient suffering, even if they do have some weak Newtype powers as a result.

As for the narrative idea of Newtype powers being something spiritual, I don't think it was ever meant to be that the powers themselves are spiritual in nature. Rather, that they open the possibility for greater spirituality. The franchise has many examples of Newtypes whose powers don't make them any better people or more in touch with the universe. But a Newtype can be, if they embrace the potential that it opens for them. It's about that theme of childhood's end, that this physical change is giving us the chance to become something better, but it's still up to us to actually do it.
>>
>>15215236
So the message of Zeta is that we, the audience are inferior plebes who should bow before the might of our psychic overlords?
>>
>>15215495
Pretty much.
That's what newtypes have been since the beginnings.
>>
>>15215193
>How does the existence of cyber-newtypes not just shit all over any ideology which proclaims them to be special and superior?
It's almost as if F91 isn't well written.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.