[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone else go into Gundam 00 thinking it was going to suck,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: 1485900288146.png (43KB, 195x193px) Image search: [Google]
1485900288146.png
43KB, 195x193px
Did anyone else go into Gundam 00 thinking it was going to suck, but end up loving up it too?

when i first saw animation, I thought it was going to be like SEED (which wasnt as bad as everyone says, but still one of weakest shows)...but 00 turned out to be phenomenal.

Gundam 00 appreciation thread
>>
File: 1466144912614.png (361KB, 850x716px) Image search: [Google]
1466144912614.png
361KB, 850x716px
it was innovative
>>
File: 1486508087871.jpg (76KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
1486508087871.jpg
76KB, 500x669px
>>15214137
saved
>>
File: 1485742957197.gif (414KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1485742957197.gif
414KB, 500x500px
would bask om have liked the orbital laser?
>>
>>15214118
>Did anyone else go into Gundam 00 thinking it was going to suck, but end up loving up it too?
I had the exact opposite reaction.

I had never hated a Gundam protagonist (or in this case, protagonists) this much (for the record, I have not watched SEED), and I hated the Season 2 as well for manipulating me into rooting for them via their crappy Titans knockoff villains.
>>
File: Started.png (517KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Started.png
517KB, 640x480px
>>15214118
Nah, my only comparable experience would be:
>decide to get into Gundam back around the start of 2014
>kept hearing about how Wing and Turn A in particular were incredible, life-changing experiences
>finally get to Wing
>hate it
>watch X
>enjoy it
>get to Turn A
>fucking loathe it
>now I'm up to SEED, which I hear is fucking abysmal
>take this screencap to send to my friends who said SEED was worse than AGE
>end up really enjoying SEED and finding it to be an inoffensive, enjoyable show that doesn't suffer from the same pacing problems as Wing and Turn A
>>
>>15214118
but then>>15214186
I think I quite liked the series up until the Thrones and Trans-am bs even though the constant "gandamu maistah" and "celestial being" was pretty annoying to hear over and over. Setsuna bored me but I could see some light, rest of the team was good. Finished the s1 with a "mmh ok"-mood pretty annoyed that best pilot had died and that the end fight and mid-season boss wasn't that good.

And then, from start to finish s2 kept on being disappointing. And then all the upgrades looked worse than the s1 gundams.

I actually think that QUALITY aside, SEED is better overall than 00.
>>
>>15214118
Nope, went in with mild expectations, expecting it to be a decent fun watch but nothing more. Turns out it was offensively bad and frankly insulting, forced myself to finish S1 and had to tap out early on in S2
>>
File: 1485660615632.gif (2MB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
1485660615632.gif
2MB, 400x286px
I started out hating 00. Then as time went on I saw its good points, then kinda got bored of it when they just had all the not-newtype nerds at the end. Was still fun.

Then the movie happened. Pic related.
>>
>>15214244
Pacing problems aren't real. Also why didn't you even consider UC?
>>
>>15214244
But SEED is a great show for franchise beginners.
Modern take on the OYW also helps. Its just when the plot gets tangled up in SEED Destiny is were all the problems/hate come from
>>
>>15214118
Watched the dub and thought the show was bretty gud. Second season was a shittier Zeta. Have the movie downloaded but I haven't watched it yet.
>>
>>15214499
Hope you like beamspam and Terminator 2.
>>
File: Setsuna studies.png (222KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Setsuna studies.png
222KB, 800x450px
People keep comparing S2 to Zeta because of the A-Laws=TITANS and Katharon=Karaba, but other than those entities, there aren't really any similarities between Zeta and 00S2.

I don't remember the AEUG running a totally insane rescue mission to save one of their pilots.
I don't remember one of Karaba's bases getting totally wiped clean from the face of the earth.
I don't remember a civilian trying to both figuratively and literally run away from conflict, only to end up have serious repercussions for his actions.
I don't remember a catastrophic disaster occurring,forcing the AEUG, the EFF, and the TITANS to team up in an attempt to save as many people as possible.
I don't remember Kamille having to kill the lover of one of his teammates in order to save said teammate's life.
I don't remember there actually being teamwork in the final battle of Zeta, and the Argama's crew giving Kamille the necessary tactical advantage to overcome Paptimus.
Fuck, I don't remember ANYONE in 00 as annoying as Katz, and as retarded as Emma-chewy. (Who the fuck gets out of their cockpit in the middle of a battlefield)

I straight-up LOVE 00.
It's one only Gundam shows I watch over an over; and as such I am aware to all of its glaring flaws. (Like Graham almost being a non-character in S2)
But S2 being a Zeta ripoff is not one of them.
>>
>>15214118
SEED is definitely a mark above 00, especially in terms of the hype it invokes (fuck Destiny though) I honestly just couldn't get with 00, I still haven't finished second season actually, and the movie sucks
>>
>>15214871
Which is another thing.
I never got the sense of comradarie that I felt among Celestial Being when watching Zeta.
In Zeta, Kamille is pretty much the star player. Everyone passes to him. Especially towards the end.
But in 00 they back each other up all the damn time.
Watching Setsuna and Tieria gain an appreciation and respect for each other as the show progresses, is one of my favorite aspects of 00.
>>
>>15214903
Just want to clarify.
I don't hate Zeta, I think it's really great and it's actually among my top Gundam shows with MSG being #1.
>>
>>15214414
Yo, should I watch the broadcast version or the remaster?
I'm not new to Gundam, but SEED always keeps getting brushed off in favor of something else on my backlog.
>>
>>15214901
>especially in terms of the hype it invokes
ehhhh, I'm just gonna say to each man their own and leave it at that.
>>
>>15214405
I already finished UC by that point, and pacing problems are real when I'm falling asleep because nothing's happening for 20 episodes at a time.

>>15214916
Go for the original.
>>
>>15214933
I haven't watched Turn A yet, but from all of the opinions I've heard in all of the years I've spent on /m/, the quality of the pacing really is just a matter of opinion.
Some like that Turn A is slower and is more character focused than combat.
>>
>>15214871
Kati Mannequin >>>>>> Emma Sheen
>>
>Gundam 00 appreciation thread
Every week until we like it?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.