[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody here still watching Digimon Universe? Thoughts on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 12

Anybody here still watching Digimon Universe? Thoughts on the show so far?
>>
>>15205132
Mediocre at best, boring at worst. It's playing things too safe and feels like its clearly aiming to. I would rate it just below Frontier honestly and it's a series that I feel can be ignored for people who want to go through the whole Digimon franchise.

I was hoping it would be more Rockman.exe but it ended up more like Yokai Watch with a splash of Arc V which is what I feared. Gatchmon/Dokomon are great and some action/designs are alright, but most of the elements are extremely weak and bordering bad.

It's not 02 or YH bad, but it's at best tied with frontier in the hit or miss/poorly executed spectrum of Digimon shows.
>>
>>15205132

I stopped watching but I wouldn't say I dropped it either. I just kind of didn't care to keep watching but nothing made me say to myself "I don't like this show"
>>
>>15205132
That design looks a little like a Chouja Reideen reject. Slightly interested.
>>
>>15205132

why do Japanese people think it's okay for men to wear capris. It's not.
>>
>>15205746
It's like Dukemon Crimson Mode and UlforceV-Dramon had a lovechild. I hate how much I like it.

>>15205801
Well, he's a boy, so...
>>
Globemon seems to be doing Omegamon level shit. The power creep is real.
>>
>>15205527
Yeah I honestly agree with you the show really can be a drag with the only interesting things involving gatchmon and his fusions. I don't see the show doing anything too interesting in the near future, but hopefully the plot can kick in and raise the stakes soon.
>>
>>15206211
So if Timemon and Coachmon at minimum exist on their own, what is the point of Applimonsters who hang out with the good guys beyond evolution fodder and 7 code guys?
>>
>>15205945
>Well, he's a boy, so...

Not okay
>>
>>15206228
They were only used when the main group couldn't go into their super evolution's right away for a quick power boost or gimmick, now though they seem pretty much useless.
>>
>>15206247
Can't RAIDramon just eat them so it can become stronger?
>>
>>15206255
I'm not sure I don't remember Raidramon doing anything like that in the show, but I could just be forgetting something.
>>
>>15206265
There was a casual reference to eating once, but it might have just been chuuni posturing.
>>
>>15206270
Considering who were talking about it was most likely the latter.
>>
>>15206247

That's the biggest problem with this kind of show. Early tricks and gimmicks end up losing their staying power near the end and are just overshadowed by the late episode power ups.

02s Armor Digivolving ended being completely overshadowed
>>
>>15206301
To be fair they didn't seem that useful in the first place since it was overshadowed by appli fusion the next episode. I think the whole aplli link thing was done pretty poorly not to mention it's pretty annoying to watch.
>>
>>15206301
Happens with every show:

-Adventure rarely gave the cast a reason to use their weaker forms instead of just using their strongest from the get go.
-02 had armors being discarded after the first few episodes
-Tamers stopped using cards later on (despite them being extremely useful, even with their stronger forms)
-Frontier didn't give the cast much reason to use human spirits after a while (V-Tamer established a good reason to switch between them).
-Savers did give priority to new forms, but this meant the cast almost never uses their previous forms (save for child, or Ultimate after Burst is unlocked), and Ultimates are unlocked so early that you rarely get to see their Perfects.
-Xros combining gimmick is very underutilized. The manga did some interesting things with it, but still failed to flesh it out well. There was nothing stopping the cast from having multiple crossed Digimon at once (this only happens like once in the show, they never take advantage of this until then, the next season neutered the gimmick for to fuck everything up).
-Applimon's gimmick is just a sidestep to evolution, at least unlike the others, it's meant to be replaced by actual evolutions.
>>
>>15206311
>Tamers stopped using cards later on
They continued using cards up until the final arc in fact it was the Red Card that allowed them to fight the D-Reaper in the last battle.
>>
>>15206306
>I think the whole aplli link thing was done pretty poorly not to mention it's pretty annoying to watch.
Fucking this. In always skip that shit now unless it's a new one
>>
>>15206311
>-Adventure rarely gave the cast a reason to use their weaker forms instead of just using their strongest from the get go.

At least there it made some sense. They were pretty much fighting other Ultimates all the time by that point.

>There was nothing stopping the cast from having multiple crossed Digimon at once (this only happens like once in the show, they never take advantage of this until then

IIRC, there was some kind of stress put on Taiki when he had Shoutmon X7 and G-Cutemon out at the same time, not to mention Cutemon wasn't used to supporting that many fusees for a long time.
>>
>>15206380
They used cards considerably less in episodes from around the Deva arc onwards, by comparison to the first arc where they spammed them constantly. It was never really clear if there was any kind of limit on the cards or if they could just spam Power/Speed all they wanted, so dialing their usage back was probably a conscious choice to make it seem like less of an unfair advantage.
>>
>>15206311
>-02 had armors being discarded after the first few episodes

Nah, the armors were relevant until the early 20s. Then they were discarded.
>>
>>15205132
>Digimon Universe
There's no show by that name out right now. Appmon is the show.
>>
>>15206886
Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters
>>
I just sort of feel like there's no real hook to the series. Some aps come to life and start mischief and that's about it from what I saw.

In Adventure 01 and Frontier you had the kids trapped in a alternate world lost and trying to get home. 02 built off of 01 and while the kids could come and go as they seemed to please there was at least the sense that the digital world was in really rough shape. Tamers started in our world but the digimon crossing over where real dangers and there was shadowy organizations running around.

what happened in Appli? Some retards who are too reliant on their cellphones for even the most basic of tasks get in comic mischief because they're to retarded to walk home without a GPS?

I don't especially dislike any character or mon, I even thought everyone but Haru is generally likable and even he's just kind of bland at worst but there's no real hype behind anything
>>
>>15205132
Love it. Feels like Im the only one still watching it. Gatchmon is easily the most enjoyable "main digimon" of the franchise and Haru is pretty nice too in his own way. Globemon reveal was pretty hype. However, if I had to list a negative, it's gotta be the filler episodes. Some were enjoyable, others couldnt hold my interest. Also XROS was total shit so this is a breath of fresh air to me.
>>
>>15206457
Don't forget they showed in an episode cards don't mean instant win and in fact trying to use some like a stupid sword Judy proved a hindrance. There's also the fact that evolution from perfect onwards is very taxing both mentally and physically. They occasionally use card when they can avoid evolving to settle a problem, but why bother with cards when you can focus efforts on your evolution instead?
>>
>>15209153

Im gonna be honest I appreciate them trying to give the kids more to do to help but card anime are and always will be fucking retarded.
>>
>>15209084
this digimon series was the last "good" one
>>
>>15206682
>>-02 had armors being discarded after the first few episodes
>Nah, the armors were relevant until the early 20s. Then they were discarded.

To be fair, they were temporary mid-level power ups because digivolving to Champion levels were blocked
>>
>>15209188
Savers and Xros are both good shows.
>>
>>15209188
>savers
>xros wars excluding hunters
>not good
>>
File: Wrong.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
Wrong.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>15209203
>Xros
>good
>>
File: Magnamon_t.gif (20KB, 160x278px) Image search: [Google]
Magnamon_t.gif
20KB, 160x278px
>>15209195

yeah but it would have been better to find better armors, like MagnaMon who could completely wreck house. They used him all of once in the series and it was lame.

Going back to champion level digivolution where a complete back step
>>
>>15209203
never watch xros
watched savers and though it wasn't as "good as tamers
>>
>>15209213
I think it's fine, and savers is one of the best shows in the franchise.

>>15209217
It's almost like Magnamon was an asspull movie tie in evolution, horizontal evolutions don't make any fucking sense, they were scrambling for ideas to keep waning viewership up to try recording m getting back to the amazing numbers Adventure had, and 02 is a terribly written blight on the franchise.
>>
>>15209237
Didn't say shit about Savers, but as for Xros it was extremely underwhelming. Started out strong but quickly collapsed. The combined forms looked like ass, I hate all the human characters, shoutmon wore on me as well, very few hype moments. 02 though would have been fine had they cut a few characters. Ken and Davis were pretty alright.
>>
>>15209232
Xros is a fun show. Savers progressively goes from good to hear and keeps improving as the series progressed. It's not as objectively good as tamers, because tamers is easily the best show in the franchise, but it's still a great show and it's my personal favorite.

Savers Agumon is one of the best protagonist Digimon and I think his evolution line is better than Adventure Agumon's.
>>
File: Shoutmon X3 & X4.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Shoutmon X3 & X4.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>15209213
What's wrong with the first season of Xros Wars? I haven't seen hunters yet, but Xros Wars is pretty enjoyable and /m/ as fuck at the same time.
>>
>>15209255
>Started out strong but quickly collapsed.
I think the second half outside certain fights is weaker than the first half, but even the death generals arc is solid. I think it's a good show but it's like 6/10 kind of good.

>The combined forms looked like ass,
X4B looked like absolute shit I won't deny that, that's one of the stupidest shitty looking designs in the whole franchise. But the X4 and other main Xros fusions like Xros4K and X7 variants are cool.

>I hate all the human characters,
Yeah they can be a bit much. Taiki is passable but he can be annoying with how perfect he is. The rest of the humans suck, kiriha and nene are passable but zenjirou and what's her face suck.

>shoutmon wore on me as well, very few hype moments.
Those I disagree with, fights are Xros's strength and I like Shoutmon a lot.

>02 though would have been fine had they cut a few characters. Ken and Davis were pretty alright.
No it's mired with so many problems. Ken has no personality after he stops being Kaiser and Daisuke literally is one of the worst characters in the franchise because producers ordered that he wasn't allowed to develop as a character. That's a real thing, he wasn't allowed to develop or learn.

>>15209279
You don't have to watch YH. It's basically Pokemon anime and it's absolutely horrible.
>>
>>15209259
>implying this wasnt the hypest shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4-XGc-I9Uw
>>
>>15209285
Yeah I heard some bad things about hunters but wasn't really sure if I wanted to check it out for myself yet.
>>
>>15209288
I love that scene. Masaru is my favorite goggles and Savers Agumon runs for my favorite lead tied with Guilmon, and if he counts Gabumon.

>>15209294
It's really bad, it was created as a time slot filler and it really shows. It's in the league of terrible that 02 is in that it's a bad Digimon show, a bad show overall, and it actively hurts it's prequel by existing. The only notable things is the big crossover episode, which sucks anyways, and Arresterdramon isn't badly designed.
>>
File: Tea Time.jpg (102KB, 789x444px) Image search: [Google]
Tea Time.jpg
102KB, 789x444px
Yeah I'm still watching Appmon. It's been a little slow in places but enjoyable enough to stick by it. This episode had some great action scenes in it which I feel has been one of the series' strong points and Globemon is rad. Did not disappoint at all.

That said, Haru and Gatchmon sure have been getting a lot of focus in the evolution department. I kinda figured we'd see a hint of Eri or Astra's Ultimates by now.
>>
>>15209968
I think we're gonna get Musimon's ultimate next week, I think Eri's Ultimate will be a problem though considering who Dosukomon has to fuse with.
>>
>>15205132
I thought Gatchmon was cute but that can only drag me through a show for so long. Especially if it moves at the pace of a snail moving at half speed. Didn't see much of the edgy guy before dropping the show but I liked his design.
>>
>>15209968
Eri's ultimate is kinda lackluster being that it's just Leomon with 4 arms. I'd imagine it wont get too many people hyped.
>>
File: goodbye.jpg (40KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
goodbye.jpg
40KB, 500x375px
>>15213834
People are hyped BECAUSE it's the Leomon of this season.
>>
>>15215680
I wonder if Appmon has the balls to kill of Leomon.
>>
>>15215788
Death makes Dokamon come back stronger with a hunger and an ogre's determination at their true potential.
>>
File: Oujamon.jpg (867KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Oujamon.jpg
867KB, 1280x720px
Our Leomon is coming
>>
>>15205132
>Anybody here still watching Digimon Universe?
No
>Thoughts on the show so far?
Shit
>>
>>15218336
Can't wait to see how he dies this season. Also I wonder what makes Coachmon switch sides to form Blue Leomon.
>>
File: Appmon.jpg (775KB, 1344x1272px) Image search: [Google]
Appmon.jpg
775KB, 1344x1272px
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.