[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>honest >knows how to take care of herself and children

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_ogvj6qz33w1rtrm7ho2_1280.png (287KB, 856x482px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ogvj6qz33w1rtrm7ho2_1280.png
287KB, 856x482px
>honest
>knows how to take care of herself and children
>Can sacrifice herself for her man
>brown skin
>newtype
>awesome voice
So, why she is not popular?
>>
>>15203081
Because her first appearance was in episode 34 and she died 7 episodes later?
>>
>>15203087
Is that a problem?
>>
>>15203114
I don't agree with this at all, but I recall the main complaint about Lalah's character is that her time on the show was too short to get emotionally attached to her.
>>
She is a bitch.
>>
>>15203157
How?
>>
>>15203081
Her arrival marked the introduction of the worst and most contrived part of newtype bullshit introduced - newtype connections. Amuro knew her for less than a day before offing her, yet her death consumed both Char and him up to and beyond their own deaths fourteen years later. And it wasn't and never is a convincing connection, regardless of how many times it's repeated.
>>
>>15203243
Stupid plot doesn't always make character less liked by the audience
>>
>>15203081
USED GOODS
>>
>>15204131
People love overused Marida.
>>
>>15204174
Yeah, but Marida had big poofy hair.
>>
>>15203243
>the introduction of the worst and most contrived part of newtype bullshit introduced - newtype connections

bitch please that's like the whole point of Gundam
>>
>>15204208
Lalah would look worse with her hair being poofy
>>
>>15203081
>she has creepy dead eyes
>she was chars mother but still made out with him
>she ruined amuro
>>
File: 1484900297531.jpg (35KB, 500x367px)
1484900297531.jpg
35KB, 500x367px
>>15203081
I don't like Lala Because I think her hair is stupid. That's pretty much it.
>>
literally a hooker
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (431KB, 1369x955px)
latest[1].jpg
431KB, 1369x955px
>>15204174
Marida didn't have a choice in the matter. Lalah willingly sold herself into prostitution.
>>
>>15203081
Because her only feat is dying, and thus making Amuro and Char go full autism for life.
>>
>>15203243
That was the whole point, my friend. Newtypes know one-another on a fundamental level due to their telepathic connection. They intentionally demonstrated that, despite only having just met, they knew everything about one-another. Newtypes aren't just some psychic ace-pilots, they are a space-adapted population of humans. The fact that they were being used as weapons is the tragic irony of the story.
>>
>>15204913
Secret Rendezvous is not canon anymore. And nobody knows what it was written about, since nobody has the translation or the original text

>btw what is economical coercion
>>
>>15204886
Speaking of hair, if Lalah could survive OYW, would she change her hairstyle to something more 80s?
>>
>>15205055
flattop like Grace Jones
>>
>>15205073
That would be fun. Even though Lalah is more femenine and fragile.
>>
>>15203081
>Ruined Amuro's life
>Made Char crazier
>Didn't let Amuro ever move on
Fuck Lalah
>>
>>15205030
I understand that's the idea, but the way it's presented throughout the various shows is a low point for me. All too often newtype connections are used in lieu of actual development between characters to justify why one person is suddenly crucifying themselves for someone they've never met before, usually between people on opposite factions who otherwise would want to strangle them. It happened with Amuro, Char, and Lalah in 0079 and happens similarly again in Unicorn between Banagher and Mineva, and it's no more convincing the second time around than it was the first.

Ultimately it's usually just a spacenoid version of "love at first sight", and works about as well when this is all that connects two people. Zeta and ZZ do it a bit better by expanding on why it alone isn't enough, but it's still a drag to watch and rarely tragic. You're not gonna see me feel sad for say Quess, even though she jumps from connection to connection like a leech.
>>
>>15205164
Amuro made his choices on his own. He is fully responsible for all the mess in his life.
Char is not crazy. He's angry and desperate.
>>
I really like Lalah but it's hard to ignore how she literally killed herself by getting between Amuro and Char.

>So, why she is not popular?
Because Tomino managed to create more competent females than her, Fa or Emma being two good examples. Emma especially is probably the most competent female in all of Gundam.
>>
>>15203081

She's a toilet witch
>>
>>15205185
then why did he make out with his mother lalah?
>>
>>15205055
Sheena Easton's Miami Vice hairstyle
>>
>>15203081
Because waifu anticulture doesn't belong in mecha.
>>
>>15205302
Men like their gfs having same character as their mothers have . So Char is such kind of a guy.
>>
>>15204174
> overused Marida
SHE COULD HAVE BEEN A ONEE-CHAN TO ANYONE WHO DESIRED THE MOST, IF NOT FILTHY ZEEKS SINK THEIR DIRTY HANDS INTO HER LIFE YOU TWAT.
>>
>>15205198

Depends on how you what values you define foe "competence" I guess. And whether you're sticking to pilots. Haman, Kihel and Lacus could be considered depending on what you're looking for. Marbet was quite competent for a pregnant woman too if I recall.
>>
>>15203081
Her hairstyle never left the 70's.
>>
>>15205361
>Haman
She had some very clear psychological issues, not to mention her ambition. Can't quite comment on the other females.
>>
>>15205368

Neither of which are a barrier to competence.
>>
>>15205365
She couldn't leave the 70s herself
>>
>>15205303
Nice
>>
she kinda gets a laser sword to her vag
and her face
>>
>>15207342
Just as many more popular girls
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.