[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>play Armored Core and like it >think about big robots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: XA-0900.jpg (199KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
XA-0900.jpg
199KB, 500x500px
>play Armored Core and like it
>think about big robots from time to time and want more
>want to get into /m/
>download Patlabor OVA and Gunbuster OVA
>Gunbuster finishes first
>like 1 fucking seeder on the Patlabor torrent come on
>go in blind
>it's a girls school
>they train in the mechs
>episode 1 boss fight is literally a schoolgirl cat fight but in mech style
>mary sue uses some super power that was just introduced because ?????
>COACH'S GLASSES FUCKING GLINT
>literally damaging what is probably worth millions of dollars in military spending over some dumb high school jealousy

Is this mecha kino or am I just not cut out for anime?
>>
Personally, I really liked Gunbuster from start to finish, but many will tell you that the opening episodes are poorly done/not representative of the later ones. Keep with it.
>>
>>15202317
i've watched Evangelion which was nice but I was kind of just looking for brainless big robot action. is Gundam what I want? macross maybe?

in the meantime i will stick with this and maybe i will change my mind
>>
>>15202338
>I was kind of just looking for brainless big robot action
At the risk of people getting pissed at me, maybe check out Gurren Lagann.
>>
Gunbuster starts out weird, but wait till they get into space. Then it gets really good.
>>
>>15202287
Gunbuster is really worth making it until the end. Just stick with it, episode 5 and 6 are really enjoyable if you like crazy super robot styled smack downs.
>>
>>15202287
>what is probably worth millions of dollars
A few training mechs are fucking chump change in Gunbuster's universe, keep watching.
>>
I'm somewhat surprised there's never been an Armored Core anime of some kind in its entire history.
>>
>>15202287
From your post I'm guessing you're the type of guy who wants mecha with a "realistic" or gritty aesthetic.
So look into Votoms, Flag, Yukikaze, and Garasaki.
>>
>>15202542
There was one, it got cancelled in production.
>>
>>15202576
i don't mind if the action is ridiculous but yeah i'd prefer a bit more gritty/serious aesthetic

eor example in gunbuster they seem to be able to do complex movements just by pushing those handles back and both and stepping on some pedals. are any series really anal about how the mechs control? maybe something a bit more high tech like a neural link kind of like evangelion but moreso used to control the mech as if you were walking yourself?

even in episode 2 we started off with a fight between the soviet chick just because

i know i'm nitpicking but iI am not quite impressed yet and want to know does it best

Starting Episode 3 soon.
>>
>>15202287
Macross Plus
Gundam 0083
bubblegum crisis original ovas
Full Metal Panic season 1,2
>>
can anyone find the song that plays at the end of episode 3? it's like choral voices with a string instrument and sounds nice
>>
>>15202843
is there an /m/ guide to macross?

there's plus, frontier, and delta that i know of and i was wondering what the differences are
>>
>>15202338
>brainless robot action
Getter OVAs are the thing you need. Gunbuster is really good too though.
>>
>>15202907
>is there an /m/ guide to macross?
yes, you watch it all
>>
>>15202907

Do You Remember Love? and Plus

The rest is either god awful recycled mediocrity or moe pop idols with very little mech action.
>>
>>15202287
>Is this mecha kino or am I just not cut out for anime?

That's 99% of mecha.
>>
>>15202907
>is there an /m/ guide to macross?
No. Mostly because /m/ can't come to consensus about any of it.

>i was wondering what the differences are
They all take place in the same continuity (except for Macross II which was retconned out of the franchise).
>>
I liked Broken Blade enough, probably because there aren't energy weapons, and I liked how frames moved in Code Geass, but I dont suggest the anime.

Gundam Build Fighters was ok too if you skip all the stuff between tournaments, but you might not like it as much because you don't recognize the suits
>>
File: 1484644421554.jpg (105KB, 1174x951px) Image search: [Google]
1484644421554.jpg
105KB, 1174x951px
>>15202287
Watch Dougram right fucking now
>>
>>15202595
>i don't mind if the action is ridiculous but yeah i'd prefer a bit more gritty/serious aesthetic
Just watch G Gundam. It will heal your "realism" syndrome.
>>
Watch votoms or dougram. Neither are really brainless, but there's a ton of action and its done for more "realistic" motivations from the beginning.
>>
I feel like a good portion of /m/ is so autistic that it never even crosses their minds that Mechs doing push-ups and running laps might be deliberately absurd. they miss the point and get so hung up on shit not making tactical sense that they have total aspie meltdowns. Half of /m/ is basically just that. meltdowns about the presence of sound in anime space battles and whatnot. I have to wonder if everyone here hates robots or if all the military and engineering fags on here are just passively shitting on Japanese cartoons because they're only here to talk about tanks or something.
>>
>>15204081
There's an alarming number of /k/iddies on here that forget this isn't real life. Same goes for /co/cksuckers (lotta overlap with tokufags). /co/ has a lot of realismfags (probably a coping mechanism so they don't have to cone to terms with the schlock they've wasted so much money on, lot of buyfags on /co/) so it's no surprise that these issues are even more prevalent in the weak minds of tokufags.
>>
>kino
Fuck off back to your containment board.
>>
>>15203703
>and I liked how frames moved in Code Geass
I still believe they picked that up and tried to implement it on ACV. Light-builds are pretty much Frames, with all the skating, wall-kicking and gliding.
>>
>>15202287

>>15204803
This.

You gave yourself away OP.
If you want serious mecha then just lurk moar to find it. And Gunbuster is a fucking classic.
>>
>>15202907
I don't know, this you looking for.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macross
>>
>>15203655
100%, actually.
>>
Only if we could get a good Armored Core anime.
>>
>>15202287
>>15202338
Watch Gundam: Thunderbolt.

It's only an hour long, but it's pretty good.
Go with the "December Sky" movie instead of the four individual episodes, it has every second of them plus a couple extra scenes.
>>
>>15204081
>>15204081
>all the military and engineering fags

Remember that 90% of them doesn't even know what they're talking about.
>>
>>15205974
I don't think there's enough appeal in the stories alone for that.

Creating your own machines, beating challenges and such is generally what drives people forward in these.
They also tend to be far too complicated for 2D animation so you're left with CG which would inevitably simply recyles the game's outdated models.
>>
>>15206797
>appeal in the stories alone for that.

I think there is, we just need to go with a more detailed approach, some of the games have really good concepts, but isnt explored much because of the minimalistic way FROM does everthing.

>CG
Is a probably that will happen, but some MMD stuff make me think that done right, isnt that bad.
>>
>>15207595
If an Armored Core anime was going to have CG I'd prefer it just be full CG and look like the Armored Core V intro than try to combine CG with 2D animation.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.