[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /m/ think of Armored Core? Pic related is best game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 75

What does /m/ think of Armored Core?

Pic related is best game in the series, period.

Still play on PS3 every once in a while, too.
>>
File: AC JackO.jpg (86KB, 570x800px) Image search: [Google]
AC JackO.jpg
86KB, 570x800px
Fucking love the series, but ACV sucked dick, and while Verdict Day was good, it was built off of ACV shitty systems and style of play, so its still not as good as the other games.

I love all the AC3 era games. FA is fun as fuck too.
>>
I am gonna buy ACV here soon, I see alot of people saying how it's closer to the original AC games, plus I dunno why it gets so much hate.
>>
File: 68286_front.jpg (52KB, 500x712px) Image search: [Google]
68286_front.jpg
52KB, 500x712px
fixed your image
>>
>>15197489
I haven't played it but the AC combat was apparently very floaty like the 4th gen games were but the gameplay pace was still slow like 3rd gen games

>>15197494
Still need to play LR. I tried 3 for a bit and really didn't like the gameplay style though; 4/FA were really easy to pick up and play.
>>
>>15197504
the older games you just need to adjust a bit to the archaic controls, after that they are really damn good.
>>
File: TRUMP.jpg (12KB, 204x219px) Image search: [Google]
TRUMP.jpg
12KB, 204x219px
>>15197521
idk man, I just find it really easy to dodge in ACFA and any other generation feels clunky. I really enjoy being able to avoid attacks easily so that I can get that ez S rank and finally feel like I've achieved something with my life.
>>
I enjoyed all of the AC games from the original to Silent Line. Didn't like Nexus, while Last Raven and Ninebreaker were terrible. Didn't try 4, For Answer was terrible, didn't try 5 or VD.

I don't think they'll be able to make another good Armored Core game, if they do go back to the series.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>15197478
>Bought AC4 and 4A in January
>Played through half of AC4 with normal, multipurpose mecha
>Game kicks my teeth in and I barely beat most missions alive
>Get bored and decide to design the meme build in pic related for looks only
>It's actually ridiculously op
>Melts NEXTS in less than ten seconds
>Play through entire second half of game and all simulator fights in a few hours

Good game, still far from reaching it's full potential though, the reboot better be amazing.
>>
>>15197478
I played all ps1 AC games.
AC 2 a little bit, then dropped it.
AC 3, Nexus, silent line, finished the games.
AC4,FA, finished AC4, love FA to death.
ACV dropped, ACVD finished never went back.

In conclusion, My favorites are Moa, PP, and FA.
>>
I liked how there's separate shoulder weapons, bay weapons aren't nearly as exciting.
>>
>>15197553
So are you playing though FA right now? I can share build advice for FA, but 4 actually has radically different part stats and such so I don't know much about it.

Also yeah nice meme. I honestly don't understand how that works for you when dual machineguns should turn everything in the game to dust in both 4 and FA.
>>
>>15197544
Yeah, I don't think they'll be making another slow-paced AC game.
AC6 is reportedly on its way in some form; I think FromSoft learned their lesson with AC5/VD.
Hidetaka Miyazaki (director of 4/FA and current head of FromSoft) is able to concentrate on AC again so I'm betting it'll be fast paced again.
Too bad for that, I can certainly understand the appeal of the older style of gameplay but that just doesn't seem like it'll pay bills for any kind of game anymore.
>>
>>15197643
Eh I'd rather it not be Fast Paced again, Especially with the supposed MMO elements they wanna add I think Finding a Happy Medium would work best because if All the AC's where 4A tier fast it'd be too chaotic. I still don't understand all the hate V and VD get.
>>
File: C4SG5WcVMAUhumw.jpg large.jpg (387KB, 1554x1527px) Image search: [Google]
C4SG5WcVMAUhumw.jpg large.jpg
387KB, 1554x1527px
posting this for the impending generation war.
>>
>>15197544
>Thinks Nexus-Last Raven were terrible
Let me guess... its cause they took away human plus right?

>>15197489
Don't buy ACV, they shut the servers down. Only a handful of people still play Verdict Day. If you're looking for single player content, avoid 5th gen entirely.

>>15197478
Played them all to the point of being disillusioned with the series in general. I wouldn't trust Miyazaki to make a meaningful competitive game with depth, 4/FA were fucking terrible online. Nabeshima (guy behind retro generations and V/VD) is rumored to have fucked off to Square Enix to work on Front Mission and I don't blame him. FROM apparently took stupid pills when they jumped to PS3/360 and threw away almost all the tools they acquired in the PS2 era.
>>
>>15197489

The AC5 era games are clunky as shit, with a horrible rock paper scissors damage system like fucking pokemons.

Get Verdict Day instead, but even then its still kind of shitty because ACV was shitty overall.

Theres 3 damage types in the game, like the old games, but damage defense stats are tied to part types. They'll be super strong in ONE stat, and piss weak in the other two stats.

For what you get are things like heavy weight biped legs being strong in energy defense, but weak in the other two areas, so you have to take a set of arms/core/head to make up for those low defense stats. And many of the parts in the game have VASTLY different stylistic looks to them. So you end up with ugly lumpy franken mechs to get balanced defense in all areas. Its awful.

It also leads to shit like scanning an enemy AC, seeing hes weak to energy weapons, and then dropping him in fucking seconds with an energy weapon.

I dunno. the AC5 games have so much wrong with them that i could write a huge autistic post about them easily, but Im not. Im just going to say that they are bad, but if you are going to buy one of them get Verdict Day as its the leats bad of the two.
>>
Oh, theres also no actual "flying" in ACV and Verdict day. You have to "wall jump" to get into the air, and then float down with your boosters.

Its retarded.
>>
>>15198067
I was planning on playing V for the single player, why avoid it? I think it looks kind of interesting.
>>
File: fuck.jpg (246KB, 1405x1057px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
246KB, 1405x1057px
I'm still new to the series and started playing AC3 recently. It's a fun game but it's hard as fuck. I also wish there was a way to grind money cause the parts are so expensive.
>>
>>15198472
try using energy weapons early to cut down ammo costs
>>
>>15198499
Yeah, I've been using that Laser Rifle. I also tried out the Tank tread legs and they are surprisingly more mobile compared to the generic 2 humanoid legs.
>>
>>15198507
that shouldn't be the case, tanks barely have any vertical lift making boost hopping harder
>>
>>15198515
I dunno about vertical lift but it works great for ground combat.
>>
>>15198507
>they are surprisingly more mobile compared to the generic 2 humanoid legs.

Don't forget your weight is determined by more stuff than "just legs".
If you put on powerful legs and barely put any weight on them, you are going to be faster than with faster but weaker legs with the same kind of load on them.
>>
>>15198067
4/FA was a lot closer to the PS1/2 AC games than ACV/D, in term of how the AC is controlled. 4/FA added quick boost, that was about it.
>>
>>15198458
Its the second worst AC story to date, Verdict Day being the worst. It won't give you a challenge and it won't entertain you. Everything is a bullet sponge for specific damage types. The regulation is stuck in... idk which patch they stopped on, but I'd say it has the least amount of experimentation in parts. In fact here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0JWS1IkDsQ

There you go, best parts of ACV without any of the hassle.
>>
File: 158.png (11KB, 447x378px) Image search: [Google]
158.png
11KB, 447x378px
>>15198799
That makes sense, so humanoid mechs should use lighter parts to go fast then?
>>
>>15198827
Maybe with the Human-Plus hack on Last-Raven, then yeah the movement's similar. But its more than that though, 4th gen you could literally use dual rifles and hold down the triggers while keeping your opponent in your view screen and win. Zero tactics or thought required, only twitch reactions. Also there were quick-turns, chain-boosts, and second stage boosts as well.
>>
>>15197553
>meme build
>no moonlight
>no canopus
>no wing cannons
You can go memeier.
>>
>>15198052
I made a really autistic reddit post debunking this exact image

https://www.reddit.com/r/armoredcore/comments/5ti55l/z/ddmy8cp
>>
File: 1433134318195.png (487KB, 1175x1132px) Image search: [Google]
1433134318195.png
487KB, 1175x1132px
>>15198958
The fact that you tried to debunk shit is fucking stupid. It was made to enrage 4th gen fags and you clearly took it too seriously.
>>
File: 34kaxches7fy.jpg (31KB, 609x324px) Image search: [Google]
34kaxches7fy.jpg
31KB, 609x324px
>>15198979
Again, really autistic. Also knowing this fucking website and all the shit inside it has convinced me that almost any retardation I see is completely unironic and genuine
>>
>>15198067
>Let me guess... its cause they took away human plus right?

No, I didn't like a lot of the new stuff they started introducing, like reloading, massive heat gain from boosting, and weapons that are total ass. The music in Nexus, Ninebreaker, and Last Raven was also extremely bad, for the most part.

My complaint about For Answer? It's too damn hard. I couldn't get the hang of it at all, and just gave up on it. I'm also too used to L2/R2 vertical aiming, and don't like the dual stick setup, even if it does make more sense. It's too different from the older games, and that's why I can't play it.
>>
File: ChKtepvU0AAiAP-.jpg large.jpg (35KB, 480x338px) Image search: [Google]
ChKtepvU0AAiAP-.jpg large.jpg
35KB, 480x338px
>>15198984
Been there, its easier to just take everything people say as a joke until they start posting nudes. Armored Core Disorder is a helluva disease.
>>
File: 1459544410371.png (113KB, 399x423px) Image search: [Google]
1459544410371.png
113KB, 399x423px
>>15198991
I DON'T LIKE CHANGE!
>>
File: 27u2It.png (382KB, 423x434px) Image search: [Google]
27u2It.png
382KB, 423x434px
>>15198991
That's funny, I couldn't play older Gen 3 games cause of how different they were from 4/FA.

My first AC was 4/FA (heresy, I know) and I could never pick up the other games because they all felt so clunky.

Usually people find FA the easiest to casually pick up and learn because it has the fast pace of 4 without the odd UI pieces, but I suppose with previous knowledge of AC games the control scheme wouldn't make any sense at all.

>>15199011
>ac disorder

Is being autistic a prerequisite for playing this game? It's too much of a niche game with too many flaws in every one of its iterations, and it never got good advertising or a PC port (AC6 PLEASE) for most casuals to actually understand it.
>>
>>15198888
Well, yeah.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should stick a lot of shit on top of them, this is not Mechwarrior or Call of Duty.

They will end up being the fastest ones around if built properly, of course.
>>
>>15199040
Reminds me of my ACFA 1.40 build with dual shotguns, dual radars with inblue fcs and reverse joint legs. It was gamebreakingly nimble.

What kind of Gen 4 builds did you guys have?
>>
File: nineball-seraph-o.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
nineball-seraph-o.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>15199033
>Is being autistic a prerequisite for playing this game?
Yes.
Been in the "community" for 6 years and everyone takes themselves too seriously cause they either win with the same shit everyone else is using or were able to make an anime emblem of an underaged girl's panties.
>>
File: mememachine.jpg (227KB, 1922x1059px) Image search: [Google]
mememachine.jpg
227KB, 1922x1059px
>>15199040
I came up with this thing, I guess I'm fine now?
>>
>>15198904
Haven't played 4 enough, but FA is a bit more than button mashing. Play FA Human vs human, no quick boost, you got a Ps1/ps2 style game.
>>
>>15199223
You can't just take out a core mechanic to compare apples to oranges dude. If you want a list of differences here's a starter pack: FA's lock on system is entirely different from retro. In FA you can fire back weapons while moving when in retro that required an in game cheat [or you used quads/tanks]. In FA you can dual wield primary weapons. In FA your blade tracks the player. In FA you have a constant shield active that has to be broken down. etc...

High level online play boiled down to either missile jousting or dual rifles because everything else was too fucking slow to keep up with the lag warps. Or you could blade in a gay "melee only" room. lmfao
>>
>>15198861
I still want to play them both, I think they look pretty good still.
>>
>>15199417
>In FA your blade tracks the player.

I wanted to point out that some of the old games (maybe all of them?) had a limited amount of tracking on blades. It wasn't huge, but it was there.
>>
File: qnaENJT.png (132KB, 380x496px) Image search: [Google]
qnaENJT.png
132KB, 380x496px
>>15199417
I never learned to joust missiles, how do you do it? Would be really nice with Bigsioux or kojima missiles
>>
>>15199417
Nah, those are minor things. The fundamentals are the same. If you let go of you boost, the AC drops like a rock. Lock-on box used to be a box, FA just full screen.
>>
I like V/VD. I do. But holy shit, some of the weapon effects burn my eyes. I can't turn this shit down.
I hope it gets a PC port eventually, so I can mod it out.
>>
Anyone want to set up an online 4A match at somepoint?
>>15197553
I heard Bazookas were OP
>>
File: SHUT THE HELL UP.jpg (290KB, 798x726px) Image search: [Google]
SHUT THE HELL UP.jpg
290KB, 798x726px
>>15197544
>Last Raven
>Terrible

you dont know shit about what you are talking.
>>
>>15200298
I'm up for just random matches here and there; campaign missions are alright too. There's a spreadsheet with a bunch of info for people who are willing to play.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1234JxMezCPATG27kHd_HqnHIcviqGicL2_cEXtR5UTc/edit#gid=384277014

I can even play tonight, around 8PM-ish US West.
>>
File: MR-351247-601287-8.jpg (169KB, 869x1243px) Image search: [Google]
MR-351247-601287-8.jpg
169KB, 869x1243px
>>15197544
>Last Raven and Ninebreaker were terrible
>>
File: 20552435.png (1MB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
20552435.png
1MB, 1500x1000px
>>15197478
>What does /m/ think of Armored Core?

The PS2 games owned my life and thoughts. AC3 and SL were the best in the series, in my opinion.

AC4 was enjoyable, but fA had a lot of things I personally didn't care for, mostly multiplayer related.

ACV/VD were ok, but didn't have any reason to keep playing them because the multiplayer balance was team-based instead of individual, in a game that's niche as fuck in the US.

Looking forward to what AC6 will bring since FROM has made quite a name for themselves in the years since V.
>>
Is AC2 worth playing? It's the only one i have but i couldnt get into it.
>>
File: Blood_and_Broken_Dreams.png (350KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
Blood_and_Broken_Dreams.png
350KB, 800x480px
>>15200196
Well played anon. You really had me going there for a sec.

>>15199851
To quote the legendary Wolfpack on the 360 side. Learn how to sixth stage boost.

>>15199502
Then do it if you're that determined. Just don't pay over 10 bucks for each of them.
>>
File: 1468284704800.jpg (14KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1468284704800.jpg
14KB, 255x255px
>>15201060
I can't even second stage boost pls
>>
>>15200458
>Looking forward to what AC6 will bring since FROM has made quite a name for themselves in the years since V.

I hope the next game will get some publicity, it may finally have a decent playerbase to keep the PvP alive.

Also there is a rumor about the game having some MMO aspects.
>>
>>15197478
I just can't get into them. The gameplay sucks
>>
>>15202104
You mean this?:
"Rumor mill:

A new Armored Core game has been in development.

A great focus has been put on an expansive storyline that reaches across the solar system.

This will be a new kind of Armored Core, with more MMO elements.

Ty Franck, the Expanse' TV creator penned the story for From Software.

The storyline picks up on Mars.

Stay tuned for more news and updates and for the grand reopening of our flagship website and community at ArmoredCoreOnline.com

- EJRaven"

I'd take this with a grain of salt since the poster EJ is full of shit most of the time. lmfao

But suspending disbelief for a second and this is legit... I still wouldn't buy this day one. FROM's never been good at part balance, community interaction and hell even character development in a storyline. They're nowhere near developed enough to start adding MMO aspects to AC after the shitshow 5th gen's damage types were.
>>
>>15200481

Unless you want to play a clunky rehashed mess of 1 no. All the other ps2 games are at least decent.
>>
>>15202202
>Stay tuned for more news and updates and for the grand reopening of our flagship website and community at ArmoredCoreOnline.com

Is this nigga serious? Does he think anybody old enough to remember ACO is gonna go back to that place after he ran it into the fucking ground? The fucking ego on this swindler
>>
File: ps3_soft02_shot11l.jpg (29KB, 524x295px) Image search: [Google]
ps3_soft02_shot11l.jpg
29KB, 524x295px
>>15202104
>I hope the next game will get some publicity, it may finally have a decent playerbase to keep the PvP alive.
It very well might, given FROM has become a pretty big name over these past few years. If there's a presentation at E3 or something and the words "FROM SOFTWARE" show up on screen, you can bet it'll grab peoples attention.
>>
>>15198861
>Verdict Day worse than V

VD felt more polished than V, and had a more coherent single player storyline. I would say Nine Breaker is the worst AC game since it's basically a glorified tutorial.
>>
>>15202375
>I would say Nine Breaker is the worst AC game since it's basically a glorified tutorial.
Its multiplayer was some of the best in the series though, to be fair.
>>
>>15199851

>I never learned to joust missiles, how do you do it? Would be really nice with Bigsioux or kojima missiles

Its easy as piss. Everything you fire in the game takes into account how fast you were going in whatever direction you were moving.

So if your gun fires bullets that move at 1000kmh, and you are moving forward at 500kmh, your bullets will exit the barrel at 1500kmh. It works the other way too. If you are moving backwards, your bullets will be slowed down,

So what you do is Overboost, and then Quickboost just as your missiles fire so you are traveling at like 1000000000kmh for that brief second your missiles fire, transferring all that speed to your missiles so they zip around extremely fucking fast after their target.

It was hilarious to do it with the big nuke missiles that moved really slow, and have them suddenly outrunning peoples fastest mechs.
>>
>>15202375
VD single player was WAY worse than V. The bosses were fucking terrible, the mission layout was a bunch of fetch quests "go here and shoot everything till it dies." All the characters were shit, at least V had one good character. V also had originality, VD was nostalgia bait, especially the fucking final boss. Even with hardcore mode, it just turned everything into a damn bullet sponge.

Also Ninebreaker was the best AC hands down. You're thinking of Formula Front.
>>
File: Nineball_NB.jpg (83KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Nineball_NB.jpg
83KB, 1024x768px
>>15202524
>Also Ninebreaker was the best AC hands down
Ok, I enjoyed NB and even I know that's bullshit. It had good multiplayer but in absolutely no way is it the "best hands down".
>>
File: nein-ball.png (1MB, 1250x1123px) Image search: [Google]
nein-ball.png
1MB, 1250x1123px
>>15202560
Well Ninebreaker means you beat the nineballs, so that obviously means its the best in the series!
>>
>>15197478
VD was a great game, especially the One Shot Kill mode, fight me.
>>
>>15202574
I see no flaw in your logic and rescind my previous statement.
>>
>>15202524
>NB is best Armored Core
>When 3 exists

Yeah, I was sorta following you up until that point.

Have to say though, I found the end boss of VD cool since you basically take down a NEXT in a normal Armored Core.
>>
Posting one of my favorite AC fan animations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORzUZbTec8U
>>
>>15202417
So can I just cheese it with OB only instead of OB + QB? I honestly can't get the timing right with QB for some reason. It works on 1.40 right?
>>
File: Ninebreaker.png (359KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Ninebreaker.png
359KB, 700x700px
>>15202574
>>
>>15201060
Don't worry I know a place where I can get it for about 10 dollars.
>>
>>15198052
Did this motherfucking idiot really just shit on Tetris
>>
>>15202524
>The bosses were fucking terrible, the mission layout was a bunch of fetch quests "go here and shoot everything till it dies."
You what? You're trying to declare V better than VD and this is your reasoning? Did we play the same game? Because I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of V's missions were interchangeable 'kill the same three types of enemy over and over' missions, broken up by AC fights that had absolutely no character. Then there were the main missions and the way they dragged on and on, and the yawntastic 'rebels fighting a dictator' plot.

I couldn't put my finger on exactly how, but VD's missions at least *felt*more varied, and that was enough. Plus the AC pilots had those usual AC bios after you killed them that made them stand out a bit more.

Stain is better than anything on the VD OST though, I'll give you that.
>>
>>15204154
>Stain is better than anything on the VD OST though, I'll give you that.
The Stain remix is still pretty great, just not as good as the original.
>>
File: armored core nine ball.jpg (53KB, 360x478px) Image search: [Google]
armored core nine ball.jpg
53KB, 360x478px
>There's a second Nine-Ball waiting for you in the other shaft
>After you expended all your ammo taking down the first one and you're at double digits remaining armor

Ffffff
>>
>>15204367
I thought they were just MTs and I flew past them because the platforming segment had me pissed off and I just wanted to be done with the mission.

Then the credits rolled and I was really confused. I didn't realize Nineball was actually in the mission until I heard about it online.
>>
File: trains.gif (484KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
trains.gif
484KB, 500x282px
>>15204154
V had Armored Train bosses.
>>
>>15199047
>What kind of Gen 4 builds did you guys have?
I had an overweight heavy biped.

No, really.
>>
>>15204695
Funny you should mention that, I replayed the game a while back on someone else's copy and fuck me did that boss suck even more than I remembered. It was only really vulnerable to energy weapons, yet the most powerful laser rifle available at the time barely chipped its massive HP, and all it did was move in circles fast enough to be a bastard to keep up with.
>>
>>15204735
I laser bladed it to death one car at a time.
>>
>>15204735
Literally kicked it to death. In the tunnel and the city.
>>
>>15204819
same, but i only resorted to kicking because i ran out of ammo for my dual rifles.
>>
>>15197478
>What does /m/ think of Armored Core?
Best /m/ games bar none
>Pic related is best game in the series, period.
That's not Last Raven you dirty plussie.
>>
>>15202943
This MMD stuff made remeber that

Chief is the best admiral
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdCGNFl7ZGs

NOW WITH SUBTITLES!
>>
>>15204154
>AC bios after you killed them

Those fun to read; until you reach the widow Pilot, that hit me hard.
>>
>>15206005
Oh shit, I remember that one. Don't you kill her husband first, and then her after she tries to kill you for revenge?
>>
>>15206049
No only her husband, but her son too, on the same mission. At first it was "oh a father and son duo, that's cute" then I reach her and I was having some ideas who she was talking on the missions cutscene, then I read the bio after you know, killing her, I felt like shit like for 5 minutes just staring at the screen with her bio there.
>>
>>15206232
those moments when FROMSOFTWARE just hates the player.
>>
File: Ce6wXoFXIAARV1U.jpg large.jpg (399KB, 1024x1720px) Image search: [Google]
Ce6wXoFXIAARV1U.jpg large.jpg
399KB, 1024x1720px
Forgot I had this laying around. Posting it for the helluvit.
>>
>>15206262
"haHA, YOU were the bad guy all along!"
-From Software
>>
>>15206408
You enjoy all the killing...THATS WHY!!!
>>
File: blaze.jpg (3KB, 125x95px) Image search: [Google]
blaze.jpg
3KB, 125x95px
>>15197478

Pic related is the easiest and most normie game in the series, period.

Fixed that for you OP.

That being said Armored Core is great. Looking forward to the next one.
>>
File: true endig.png (2MB, 1162x698px) Image search: [Google]
true endig.png
2MB, 1162x698px
>>15206408
>>15206436

Basically destruction ending on FA.
>>
>>15206358

This just fed my ego seeing as I beat 3/4 of these games.
>>
>>15207802
Did you beat Last Raven? that shit alone can feed the ego of everybody.
>>
File: Aegis&IronRose.png (273KB, 625x268px) Image search: [Google]
Aegis&IronRose.png
273KB, 625x268px
>>15206232
And just to rub it in, the other pilot on that mission was a veteran who had lost her own family and came out of retirement and who signed up with her out of empathy.

>>15206005
I liked these two, they're such an odd couple. I like to wonder what their daily life is like.
>>
I bet you fags are just meming about LR.
I'll buy it someday and I bet it's not even that hard.
>>
File: what took you so long.jpg (70KB, 200x218px) Image search: [Google]
what took you so long.jpg
70KB, 200x218px
>>15208544
>I bet it's not even that hard.
>implying you can even get past the casual filter
>>
>>15208544
The game will skull fuck you if you aren't open to constantly remaking cores and doing the stat math.

Once you git gud it becomes markedly easier for the most part but there is absolutely a steep skill curve for the game.
>>
The REAL reason why V/VD aren't as good is the lack of Itano Circus.
You only had the emergency shoulder missiles and a Weapon Arm.
I just want to bomb the shit out of people from every direction
>>
>>15208679
>changing ACs for different missions on the fly
Sounds fun really.
>>15208658
Only thing scaring me is the Final bosses. But that's expected.
>>
>>15208705
Even the raven encounters are a proper ass whuppin if you're fielding a bad build, oftentimes you'll find yourself done in because your design couldn't last for more than a single AC only for some additional raven to pop in and wreck your shit.

Being able to build for long endurance fights is really important in LR.
>>
>>15208351
>Hi there honey, how was your day?
>Oh, nothing major. Work was a drag though, we had to put down a small armed uprising from Evergreen.
>Well, fancy that, I worked for Evergreen today!
>Son walks in: Hey dad, we got a contract! It looks easy, just have to take down this no-name Raven. Looks like easy money!

And then they all died by your hands.
>>
>>15208544
Let us know how you feel facing Zinaida. Still have nightmares about facing her.
>>
Daily reminder that Evangel a shit and Jack O is our saviour.
>>
>>15208705
>Only thing scaring me is the Final bosses.
Sure, have fun with Rimfire.
Also, if you're a real badass you must play Last Raven Portable because it's even harder(read bullshit) than the PS2 version.
>>
>>15208658
I just can't wait for that guy to choose the wrong starter mission. Its like a giant metal dicksmack.
>>
>>15208739
>tfw beat final form zinaida on PSP

I don't ever want to have to do that again.

I remember it feeling pretty good when I won, in the usual FromSoft "you did the hard thing, congraturationz!" way, but it took way too long for me to get into the groove of Last Raven Portable, and honestly that game needs the full four shoulder buttons to be playable in any comfortable capacity.

Anyway if you ever want to brag about how huge your balls are, just keep that in mind.

Because even after that, mine still shrivel at the thought of having to get past Rimfire.
>>
>>15208739
>>15208799
How so? Control issues? Changes to mechanics or boss patterns? Resolution?
Is it easy to emulate on PSP?
>>
>>15208834
You're playing a game originally made for 12 buttons and 2 analogs to control with 10 buttons and only 1 analog.

The lockbox is smaller and Final Zinaida stays in the air more making her a pain in the ass to target with the limited buttons.
>>
>>15208834
>How so? Control issues? Changes to mechanics or boss patterns? Resolution?
All of them.

Beating LRP 100% basically turns you into Chirico, the bad thing is that after you do beat it 100% there's no other AC experience like it, you're used to so much bullshit it becomes a standard to you.
Bonus points if you git so gud you can use only your favorite build to beat anything but the true Last Pulverizer and LR Zinaida.
>>
>>15208858
>>15208903
I have a Vita and looks like I can map the Dpad to the second stick.
Would that help?
>>
>>15208858
>>15208903
Sounds like typical From retardedness and interesting.
>>
>>15208726
Nah, I meant the two in the picture. I envision it as being something like:

>So, uh...you wanna get something to eat?
>Oh my god, are you STILL alive!?
>>
>>15208909
Barely. You're keybinding the original PSP buttons. So you're still missing one analog and 2 buttons. Same thing happens when you emulate it.
>>
>>15197539
Stop being a coward and get good at something that takes actual skill, then you can actually feel like you achieved something. Last Raven is especially unforgiving.
>>
File: n_wgix_v_by_ze_l-d71e278.jpg (182KB, 800x563px) Image search: [Google]
n_wgix_v_by_ze_l-d71e278.jpg
182KB, 800x563px
I feel bad for Anatolia's Raven. He was a standard AC pilot before Emile rescued him then forced him to work for Anatolia as a NEXT pilot. He met Fiona as his operator, later turned love interest. He was used by the corps, had to kill his best friend/rival, went on to defend Line Ark, and still lost pretty much everything. At that point he just wanted to settle down, but he was the best they had, with a custom, one-of-a-kind mech with insane ability.

How exactly did the Foundation get White Glint's schematics? I felt good putting down that perversion of such a good suit.
>>
File: 48346699_p10_master1200.jpg (68KB, 500x577px) Image search: [Google]
48346699_p10_master1200.jpg
68KB, 500x577px
>>15205997
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdCGNFl7ZGs
>NOW WITH SUBTITLES!

fuck yes

>dat Orel Sortie
kek that was funny until i realized i only have 2 submarines and will never properly doing Orel
>>
>>15210008
It was stuck in the ocean
>>
I've only ever beaten Nexus and that's one of my favorite games of all time. I also think I beat For Answer but I am not sure. I also played V, and have Silent Line and 2. I really want to play something right now, should I just hop in with 2?
>>
>>15208799
>Rimfire
>hard
eh, I dunno , Evangel was harder with him shooting your shit with that linear cannon
>>
>>15210530
Rimfire's thing is that he comes in after you presumably barely made it through one raven encounter so he can punt you in the balls while you're low on expendables because you came in with an AC built for a 1 on 1.

He's the game's endurance skill gate.
>>
>>15210530
The first fight with Evangel might be hard until you realize you can abuse his shitty AI by taking cover until he runs out of ammo, or you might stop being a pussy, make a lightweight and outrun him, but admittedly lightweights solve most of your problems in LR.
Rimfire, unlike Evangel, melts you like butter as soon as he gets in range due to rocking two FINGERS, a shoulder machinegun, micromissiles and two additional hanger machineguns just in case you manage to make him waste his FINGERS. Evangel can be safely dodged with a bit of practice regardless of your build as long as you manage to stay in your comfort zone, linear cannons are only dangerous to people who don't know how to dodge, Rimfire's much more dangerous due to Fingers having spread, splash damage and raising your heat like mad, his AI is also much more aggressive and persistent than Evangel's which favours a hit and run pattern which outright stops working the moment you get faster than him and have better turn speed, or simply do u-turns to disorientate him, none of this works with Rimfire because as soon as you get in range he melts you unless you are REALLY good at dodging and shooting at the same time, so the best strategy against him is making a build with vertical missiles and hope you kill him faster than he can kill you, if you feel gutsy you can also try making a quad with the plasma cannon and try to take him out by backstrafing since Rimfire has pretty bad mobility but it requires a lot of precision and training that can be put into better things, like learning how to blade.

tl;dr: Rimfire isn't Zinaida hard, nor does require a lot of effort unless you want to beat him without a specific hard counter, in which case he's absolutely terrifying.
>>
>>15210577
> after you presumably barely made it through one raven encounter
But Zeuben is a complete pushover.
>>
>>15197494
>>15197478
>not Nexus
>>
>>15210585
>make a lightweight and outrun him

yeah, after getting my shit wrecked by Bolt so damned hard in the casual filter(LR's my first AC game) , I found out that this solves a lot of problems in LR.

>Rimfire isn't Zinaida hard, nor does require a lot of effort unless you want to beat him without a specific hard counter, in which case he's absolutely terrifying.

Guess you're right, but I still think Evangel is more dangerous than the guy since he's the only opponent that that rip my standard mission AC a new asshole in 1vs1 fights aside from Bolt (fucking LX) and Lucifer (Crow AI+linear cannons).

and speaking of Crow, I always find him the most fun AI to fight with. Shame his AC didn't come with harder hitting weapons
>>
>>15210677
>I found out that this solves a lot of problems in LR.
Yeah, once you get deep into LR autism you find out that 90% of the problems in any fight is solved by two things, high speed and high turning speed, both of which are exclusive to lightweight bipeds. The only things that resist a build focused on speed/turning speed are LR Zinaida(because she cheats more than anybody else), the flying pulverizer in the Last Pulverizer route, and the Last Pulverizers, unless you manage to force loop their scripts into using the moonlights repeatedly and blade them to death, which is very hard, but possible.
>I still think Evangel is more dangerous than the guy
As I said, Evangel is virtually harder than Rimfire because his build is more suited for long to mid, which might be a problem for people who can't manage their range and evasion, and for people who use lightweights the linear cannon is a bit of a problem because you have virtually no defense, meaning one shot can take up to 300 AP and staggers you.
This is where I learned to appreciate the almighty I01M-URCHIN sticky claymores, those things not only stagger the shit out of anything, they break leg parts and raise heat like no tomorrow.
>Bolt (fucking LX)
You need to go faster, Bolt is slow as shit, you can blade him to death and take zero damage easily.
>Lucifer (Crow AI+linear cannons).
Lucifer doesn't have Crow's AI, he's strictly ground based and his build makes it impossible to behave like Crow, same tactics used on Bolt applies to Lucifer, you can u-turn around him forever and melt him with a machinegun, Lucifer's turning speed is ridiculously bad and his script forces him to shoot only when you're straight in front of him, as soon as you get behind him he'll desperately struggle to get you in his FCS, as long as you manage to stay behind him consistently he won't be able to fire a single shot and will uselessly try to outrun you in turning speed, but you need to be extremely fast to do so.
>>
>>15210733
>You need to go faster,
I did though, It's just once in a while that I trip and eat a shot of that fat plasma cannon in the face. I make mistakes
>Lucifer doesn't have Crow's AI, he's strictly ground based
really now? I may have remembered things wrongly(haven't played LR in years) but I do remember him regularly jumping up like a tard and rain death on my ass from above with the MG and linear cannon. He was a bit slow though and I used to wipe his ass by getting behind him and gun him down after he pulled his jumps. Fun times.
>>
New Frequency Album when?
>>
File: 16.jpg (87KB, 1024x787px) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
87KB, 1024x787px
>>15210769
>really now? I may have remembered things wrongly(haven't played LR in years) but I do remember him regularly jumping up like a tard and rain death on my ass from above with the MG and linear cannon.
I'm gonna say in between, I do remember Lucifer taking to the air quite a bit, but generally not that high. He wouldn't hover directly over you like Crow did. I hold to this day that Crow had the best AI of any enemy AC, he had a low-tier AC and regularly beat my ass. And the only AC in history to make the radar head look good. I liked this dude.
>>
>>15210884
I am hoping to see a new one alongside with some news about AC6, probably with tracks from the new game.

Also, what songs do you think could use a remix?
>>
File: 1471465349767.gif (960KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1471465349767.gif
960KB, 500x280px
>>15208351
I remember a that someone made a small fic about them on /m/ before the missions against them.

>>15208544
Lets see how you keep talking shit after fighting your firts pulverizer.

>>15208799
would you belive me if I said that LR was my first AC.

>>15209092
top kek.
>>
>>15210008
a anime adaptation of 4 sounds good now.

I
>>
>>15212794
>I remember a that someone made a small fic about them on /m/ before the missions against them.
That was probably me. I think I still have it around here somewhere. Should I repost?
>>
>>15212794
What sort of faggy name is pulveriser?
I'd expect that for an AC pilot, not a recurring enemy which makes experienced pilots shit themselves when Pride of Lions play.
>>
>>15210769
Lucifer jumps and stays in the air if you jump, if you keep on sliding he only rarely jumps to get some kind of vertical advantage on the arena, as long as you keep sliding around him he'll rarely jump.
>>15212202
>I hold to this day that Crow had the best AI of any enemy AC
Considering his alternative mission is literally you and him duking it out during a constant USM rain, yeah, he needs to have a good AI to let him evade both USM and your attacks, Crow is pretty good in terms of AI, up there with Nina, Moody M. and surprisingly, BJ.
>>15213742
>What sort of faggy name is pulveriser?
You won't call them fags when they pulverize your ass.
Besides it seems to be just a nickname Jack gave them, they're basically unmanned proto-NEXT.
>>
Never heard of this game before.
So you've given a certain amount of money when you start the game to assemble a fighting robot (so-called AC) and smash the likes of your creation. Is this the chief objective?
From the video in >>15198861 I conclude that there’s also a storyline in the game. Strangely enough, you guys never discuss it.
>>
>>15213973
It's a game that too the idea of Mechwarrior 2 and improved upon it.

You're a mercenary, accept contracts, balance your income with repairs, ammo expenses, new parts and so on.
The game is a hardcore simulator with a very detailed customization system. This gets put against the mission design that always forces you to adapt and improve on your designs. It's not about rushing to get the most expensive and thus best bar none gear like in the mentioned Mechwarrior series.
Loads of varied missions, a so-so story, endless replayability with a crap-ton of ways to build successfull designs that all play differently, hunting hidden parts scattered throughout the story, battling in a simpler all-expenses-paid gladiatorial combat 1v1 in the arena,...
The ultimate objective tends to be to get loaded at first and takes on a motive as the story progresses.
>>
File: fic.png (67KB, 1345x643px) Image search: [Google]
fic.png
67KB, 1345x643px
>>15213654
It started with this?

>>15213784
>proto-NEXT

I think calling them that is a exageration, they still kick ass like no one though.
>>
>>15214008
>I think calling them that is a exageration
The last pulverizer has quite literally Primal Armor.
>>
File: 1468535879265.jpg (291KB, 788x1097px) Image search: [Google]
1468535879265.jpg
291KB, 788x1097px
>>15213973
Cause its a convoluted mess of reboots and plot holes. But the gist of it is you're a mercenary piloting a giant robot and you get hired to do shit. Shenanigans ensue.

Don't try to think about it more than that or else you'll fall into the autismo trap.

>>15213784
Whoa whoa whoa there don't be crossing gen lores. AC3-LR has nothing to do with AC4-ACVD.
>>
File: 55105142_p0.png (2MB, 1055x1500px) Image search: [Google]
55105142_p0.png
2MB, 1055x1500px
>>15210027
I'm still weirded out by all this ACxKanColle stuff.
>>
>>15214014
And touhou too! It doesn't make any fucking sense. Goddamn Nips!
>>
>>15214012
>else you'll fall into the autismo trap.
>implying this isnt fun

you have never participate on a good AC lore discussion, have you?
>>
>>15214018
but touhou is popular enough to have crossover with everthing just because, while kantai is popular, I have seen more ACxKantai stuff than touhou.
>>
>>15214010
That shit was so scary.
>>
>>15214020
Good?
As in it always falls into trying to connect generations, arguing if white glint's better than nine-ball and who should come back in AC6?

I'd be fun if it wasn't predictable. Least lately anyways. All the fun people left this forsaken series, and everyone else just wants to shitpost cause its easier and gets them attention.
>>
>>15214031
>falls into trying to connect generations
Yeah it happens

>if white glint's better than nine-ball

I havent seen this shit in years

> who should come back in AC6?

Is there any hope for a AC6 for starters?
>>
>>15214023
Well that's true, they even have that fan game made up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_VsI97q1jc
>>
>>15214041
>WG/NB
Don't check the facebook pages then.

>AC6
If you have a brain then no. If you follow vague rumors with minimal confirmation then yes.
>>
>>15214044
See, I just wonder why is soo popular with the nips, I though they love gundam more when it comes to mechas.

>pic

Delete that shit this instant.
>>
>>15214054
>vague rumors with minimal confirmation then yes.

What are the rumors so far?
>>
>>15214012
>AC3-LR has nothing to do with AC4-ACVD.
How come the ACs getting fucked by NEXTs in the opening movie are literally base AC3 ACs? How does Nineball exist in the AC3 canon lore even though AC3 is supposed to be another continuum from the AC-AC2 one?
The connections are there, it's just FROM's "I DIDN'T SAY IT WASN'T!" usual writing, and again, the Last Pulverizer had functional Primal Armor like a NEXT, which makes the Last Raven all the more badass.
>>15214018
Cirno is basically the only 2hu that gets AC crossovers because of the 9 jokes.
>>
>>15214060
> ACs getting fucked by NEXTs in the opening movie are literally base AC3 ACs

Because when talking on tech levels, ACs similar to the ones of AC3 era exis on 4 era, they are what they call normals, NEXT are just super ACs. Think in the same way that gundam have different continuities, in all of them there is Mobil Suits and a small group or serie of them that for some reason have the word gundam on them, also the zaku clone; no neccesary all the universe are connected but they share some common stuff.

>>15214060
And sometimes Nitori
>>
>>15214060
>which makes the Last Raven all the more badass.

If there is something that I love of the serie, is that the MC, is usually a normal person using a mass production mecha withouth any special powers that just happen to be good enough to kick the ass of almost anything throw at them, the Dominant concept is cool as fuck.
>>
>>15214044
is there any hope that FROM makes a Kantai game?
>>
File: GarrodNo.jpg (69KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
GarrodNo.jpg
69KB, 720x480px
>>15214044
DELET THIS
>>
>>15213742
Dude, the enemy names FROM gave are kickass.
We've got:
>Pulverziers
>Disorder Units
>UNACS

They all roll off the tongue, and 2/3 convey a sense of mindless destruction. And while UNACS doesn't sound scary, its a logical acronym for an unmanned Armored Core.
>>
>>15214020
I wonder if this is what the inside of a Cradle would look like. I actually liked their design, gigantic multi-tier B2s with a aerial colony inside. Unfortunately, they have to go.
>>
>>15214092
>Unfortunately, they have to go.
>Unfortunately

What do you mean by this?
>>
>>15214069
AC3 Armored Cores felt heavy, had good acceleration with thrusters but only went around 100-200 km/h.

NEXTS go from a standstill to around 500 km/h in nearly an instant, have what is essentially a GN Field around them to block physical rounds, and can close the gap between you and it within the blink of an eye. They were, for all intents and purposes the perfect war machine. Too bad they had the side effect of irradiating the land. Shouldn't that have been addressed with the 00-Aretha?
>>
>>15214105
>but only went around 100-200 km/h.
My AC goes at a max cruise speed of 540km/h in LR, without OB, with OB I guess I can push it to 600 or more.
>>
>>15207977

Yes I did. It was about a year of my life.
>>
>>15214098
Objectively speaking, it was better to crash the Cradles into the ground with the auto-landing on and re-direct their power to the Ehrenberg Cannons to take out the Assault Cells. That way, we could have an AC2 like exodus to Mars or some place.

But no, for you it's all about "viva la revolucion" right? Besides, your cause sucks, you're just mad because your wife died.
>>
>>15214105
>GN Field around them

Reminder that this one cause cancer.
>>
>>15214111
Well, good enough Ravens and Normal AC's can take down a NEXT, as seen with the final boss of Verdict Day.
>>
File: ORCA_banner.jpg (6KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
ORCA_banner.jpg
6KB, 380x380px
>>15214113
My fellow ORCA brother.

>you're just mad because your wife died.

What are you talking about?
>>
>>15214105
>the perfect war machine

I bet any gundam can kill them.
>>
File: Jack-O strip.jpg (197KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
Jack-O strip.jpg
197KB, 800x700px
>>15214116
But of course anon, everyone knows that genuine Dominant Ravens are better than filthy plussies.
>>
>>15214116
but you need a fucking Dominat to do that, a really fucking good one.
>>
File: Pulverizer1.png (211KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Pulverizer1.png
211KB, 800x600px
>>15214116
Well that's basically what you do when you kill the Pulverizers, the last one in particular is pretty much a NEXT
>>
>>15214136
Only a best boy can destroy one of those.
>>
>>15214008
Yeah, that's the one. Man, reading it again makes me cringe a little. Oh well.

The storker's helicopter descended on the landing pad on the outskirts of a large migrant camp. As it touched down a small army of mechanics converged on it, knowing an opportunity when they saw one.

The helicopter split open its sides and disgorged a pair of ACs. One a garish pink tank type with nary a scratch on it, and the other a solid looking green heavy-biped, which had clearly born a heavy assault bravely, indicated by the battered remains of the shields it held in both hands.

The cockpit hatch on the tank type opened, and out climbed a statuesque woman in the typical form fitting pilot suit, her well tanned skin glinting with sweat. The pilot of the other unit seemed to struggle with his battered hatch for a moment before finally shoving it open with raw strength and descending to the ground, jogging to catch up with his partner, now conversing with the chief mechanic. He was an impressively built man and towering well over six feet, but his demeanour as he hurried over was reminiscent of a dopey puppy.

"Hey, Wanda, are-"

Severin got no further as his companion wandered off without a word. The stocky mechanic moved in his way, eyeballing him.

"She said you'd be payin' for those repairs."

Severin blinked.

"Uh..right. I guess it was mostly my machine."
He counted out the worryingly large sum of Au that Wanda had apparently agreed on before moving to join her. In the interim she had procured a ration pack from somewhere and was now seated on a battered armchair that someone had left lying around. Severin picked up an overturned deckchair and sat down on it, his shoulders hunched over.

"Soooo-"

"Get your own food." she said, not looking up from her meal.

"I...sure."
>>
>>15214143
He looked around, and upon failing to spot anyone selling food gave up and pulled a ration bar from his pocket. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Wanda snort a little in amusement. He ignored it, used to her odd little foibles. Talking with his current partner was a trying experience, but he felt that he should make the effort to foster communication between them, so he tried some small talk about their previous mission.

"I'm glad we were able to save that convoy. Those migrants'll rest a lot easier knowing that they won't go hungry tonight."

Wanda shrugged.

"If you say so. Personally, I got bored of it about the time those irritating little flying bastards showed up, they're always such a pain. I was gonna give up and leave, but you went ahead and finished the mission, so I thought I'd stick around and get my cut."

Severin swallowed and looked back at his meagre meal as awkward silence descended again. Wanda was by far the most capricious and flighty person he'd ever met. In his Evergreen days there had been stories about how ruthless mercenaries were, how they'd switch sides mid battle over the bottom line.

Wanda was the only person he'd heard of that would switch sides mid battle for the sheer novelty of it.

Not for the first time he wondered if he was doing the right thing.
He shook away the thought. No, when everyone else had left him to die, she had saved him. He was honour bound to aid her, no matter what.
>>
File: Jack-O_Evangel.jpg (359KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Jack-O_Evangel.jpg
359KB, 900x900px
>>15214140
Piss off Evangel, nobody likes your loser ass.
>>
>>15214147
The silence (and his musings) were broken.

"You really are fuckin' hopeless."

"What do you mean?" he responded

"That mechanic. I didn't even have to look to know he swindled the crap out of you. How much did he ask for?"

Severin frowned and told her, and Wanda gave a bark of laughter.

"Hah! I agreed to half that much. You're way too fuckin' honest, you know that? I got no idea how you lasted this long."

"I nearly didn't." he said, his eyes downcast.

"Oh yeah, the prison thing."

She set her empty tray down and folded her arms as she reclined in her chair.

"Well, what the hell, I've got nothing better to do but routine maintenance, and fuck that shit. So tell me, how'd you end up in the slammer?"

"..Well," he began, "I used to be a member of the Leaves-"

"Get out!" Wanda interrupted. "You? In the special forces? How the hell'd *you* manage that? Don't tell me it was honest hard work? That shit actually works?"

"Actually, yeah."

"Huh. I'll be fucked. Well, go on."

"Right. Well, like I said, I was in the Leaves. And my commander at the time, Captain Locke, he took a dislike to me."

Wanda rolled her eyes.

"Can't possibly imagine why..." she muttered.

Severin grimaced.

"Probably because I questioned his tactics. On our first mission together he ordered us to raze a civilian area an anti-Evergreen group was holed up in. I refused and told him it was wrong."

He sighed.

"Well, after that my pay was docked for months. And we just kept coming to blows. He tried to transfer me out a few times. Anyway, one day we got overwhelmed by Venide during a mission, and he ordered me to hold them off to secure the evacuation. And the order for me to withdraw never came. I spent the next few months in that prison camp. I found out later from another inmate that he just cut and ran."

He shook his head.

"I couldn't believe it. He had a responsibility to one of his men as commander and he just threw me away."
>>
File: right in the feels.gif (1MB, 320x176px) Image search: [Google]
right in the feels.gif
1MB, 320x176px
>>15208726
>>
>>15214151
"That's what you get for joining a military. All that talk of duty is just talk; those shiny uniformed pricks are all a load of hypocrites."

She thumped her chest proudly.

"We mercs may be a buncha' fuckin' assholes, but we don't pretend otherwise."

He nodded.

"Yeah, I'm starting to realise a military career wasn't for me."

"I wouldn't hang your hopes on a mercenary career yet either kid-"

"I'm only a year younger than you!" He protested.

After another brief silence he continued.

"Anyway, that's why I joined you. I was abandoned by everyone- everything I thought I knew. And then you came along, like an angel of mercy-"

"Don't be such a fag, Sev."

He chuckled grimly.

"Of course, sorry. But I mean it. I'll fight for you till I die, because you're the only thing in my life right now that has meaning."

There was a long pause. Wanda looked up, distracted by another helicopter. Her eyes still glancing up, she said something that was almost drowned out by droning rotor blades.

"...thirteen."

"Pardon?"

She looked back at him.

"Thirteen. It's the number of missions you've trailed behind me on."

His brow wrinkled in confusion.

"So?"

"So, I've had a lot of partners, and none of 'em lasted longer than five. They all spouted some shit about how insufferable I was and bailed."
>>
>>15214155
He was silent as he digested this new information.

"I don't like working with a partner," she continued, "Putting up with other people is such a fucking pain. And you're the most annoying loser I've ever had the misfortune to meet. But you just won't fucking let go. I just don't get it. I just don't get you."

"...You don't have to. Just let me be your shield."

She snorted, and stood up.

"Whatever. Come on, the mechanics are nearly done and I got another job lined up. Some smarmy prick from the Foundation wants us to go to Eduna yard and pop some hotshit merc . It's a long ass fuckin' way to go for one guy, but it pays a shit ton of money, so what the hell, it might be fun."

The infamous Iron Rose of the desert strode towards her AC, the far lesser known Aegis of Evergreen following at her heels.
>>
>>15208351
I could imagine a short serie of VD, each episodes showing the daily life and some fights of all these ACs couple, and all the episodes end with them taking another job that somehow, is hinted to be the mission where they fight the VD's MC.
>>
>>15214158
Yeah, there's just enough to each of them for like a five minute short.

The fellow bereaved widows, the worn out old veterans who've had their day, the father son team, the cool headed professionals and that one lesbian couple you fight in Paris. There's probably just enough to work on for most of these pairs. Hell, some of the individuals probably have a tale to tell, like that one ace guy who always operates solo not because he's a bigdick lonewolf asshole, but because he doesn't feel strong enough to cover his partner's back.
>>
>>15214168
>that one lesbian couple you fight in Paris

I need reminder about this one

Also for a maybe 2 part episode, the Iron Path group, you know the one with the martial arts vibe, also for the ending episodes, some extra info about everyone favorite operator Fatman, and the adorable yet tragic Maggy, and maybe the Reaper Squad, like why K shows some "sympathy" for you, probably something to do before she joined the reaper squad.
>>
>>15214124
Wasn't one of Old King's motivations due to his dead wife? His terrorist group Lillliana was named after her.
>>
>>15214197
Isnt that just speculation? or its from the fanbooks that have never been translated? Because I dont remember that showing in the game.
>>
>>15214197
I've heard this a couple times, but what's the source for it?
>>
>>15214202
No him, but I think is speculation, his terrorist group is called Lilliana and his NEXT Lisa, probably a wife and daugther he wants to avenge, or at least is that how the theory goes.
>>
>>15214181
J's story is fucked too. He's some kind of clone or AI copy of Joshua O' Brien, the first White Glint. The Foundation drilled into him that his existence is there only to fight, and should conflict cease then so will he.

In a way, his "edgy" lines when you face him in the N-WGIX make more sense when you have this information. He doesn't even fear being killed since he knows its a matter of time anyway.
>>
>>15214211
wow, fuck you Issac.
>>
File: Iron-X & French-75.png (1MB, 996x561px) Image search: [Google]
Iron-X & French-75.png
1MB, 996x561px
>>15214181
>I need reminder about this one
Iron-X and French-75

>Theodora, female, age 30
>One of a pair of pilots once revered as invincible within the Venide military. Saying that she was tired of babysitting less competent soldiers, she and her partner abruptly left to pursue work as free agents. Legends of the duo lingered among the Venide squads, who whispered that meeting them in the field meant certain death. The next words from their lips were often observations of their former colleague's striking beauty.

>Betsy Ross, female, age 25
>One of a pair of pilots once revered as invincible within the Venide military. An ardent devotee of her former commander-turned-partner, she was known to carry out any order to perfect detail, not matter how difficult. Her exceptional skill soon earned her notice, and the two women soon shared a strong bond of trust and mutual respect. Unrelated to her piloting prowess, she was reported to be every bit the beauty her partner was.

Maybe it's just habitual reading to deep into a FromSoft game, but it seems a bit suggestive.

Looking over the list of pilots, I totally forgot that brother and sister who have a bitter family dispute over their respective combat philosophies, they were fun.
>>
>>15214258
I really hope that some of the pilots you faced survived. ACV-era Armored Cores had ejection seats, and that one dude who got swarmed by UNACS escaped while his AC got trashed.
>>
>>15214267
>one dude who got swarmed by UNACS

While the ejections seats exist, doenst seem that many use them, and he survived because he is just that fucking lucky.
>>
>>15214258
that has Yuri all over the place.

I just love how creative FROM gets when doing this little bios.
>>
>>15210621
he still can make you waste some ammo and hit you a little, specially for newcomers.
>>
>>15205997
>that episode when they use VOB to bypass all the area straight to the boss

Fucking hilarious.
>>
>>15214267
>>15214303
Yeah, his bio makes him out to essentially be the AC version of Patrick Colasour.

>Erik, male, age 33
>Male, age 33. Called the "Steel Duelist" in deference to his experience in nearly armed conflict among the Three Forces to date. Not one for fancy tactics, he favored the direct frontal assault. His reputation grew from surviving countless battles despite his crude brutality.
>While there were doubts about his aptitude to be considered an ace pilot, his survivability deserved recognition as a rare talent.
>Perhaps because his seeming indestructibility caught the Signs Office's attention, it appears he was especially offered missions for field testing new weaponry, both friendly and hostile.
>He is contracted alongside the Lone Mercenary to defend Karmat Base against the rogue UNACs. Despite a valiant effort, he is overwhelmed and defeated by their sheer numbers.
>Originally thought killed in that battle, he made yet another miraculous return.
>>
>>15214347
AND he is the TEST AC when doing practice, you can kick his ass all the time.

a side note, Kasumi Sumika on FA, is also the test NEXT on practice mode, fitting with her being something like your mentor.
>>
>>15214314
I was quite partial to Sammy Germaine's, a paints a pretty vivid picture of the guy.

>Sammy Germaine, male, age 49.
>Said to have participated in more battles than any other mercenary in history. Together with his partner, he publicly swore to continue fighting until death. Though known for his charm and good nature when not in combat, some felt the jaw dropping number of men and women he killed mad his guiltless smile a thing of true terror.

Like, you're sitting in a bar and this older guy comes in, and he's all smiles and cheer and being nice to everyone, then you realise who he is, see his carefree expression like he's not got a care in the world, and quietly start sweating yourself.
>>
>>15214363
It's a nice touch, but it also ironically makes her pretty poor for testing designs against a NEXT, since Ciliego is fairly atypical and is heavily skewed towards energy defense.
>>
>>15214369
He is one of my favorites too, just imagine seen him on a serie, like the cool veteran of the group, maybe even a nice guy to the rookies, and yet when seeing his killcount, is stupidly high and fucking brutal on the battlefield. You start wonder how can keep such genuine smile all the time and that if he is on good guys side.
>>
>>15214374
Perfect to test any Aldra based NEXT.
>>
>>15214363
>being something like your mentor.

What?
>>
>>15214059
>What are the rumors so far?
That FROM themselves said it's being worked on. Don't listen to >>15214054
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/09/21/from-software-working-on-3-games-one-of-which-is-armored-core

>>15214129
>I bet any gundam can kill them.
Some could, most couldn't.
>>
>>15214640
>Some could, most couldn't.
>Most couldn't

There is no way that NEXT are that overpowered, I mean the NEXT themselves, no taking account the pilots.
>>
>>15214689
A NEXT is basically on par with GN-Technology due to their Kojima Reactors. Kojima particles basically work the same way as Red GN Particles, negative health effects included. So a NEXT and a good pilot could definitely take on a bulk of the UC technology, have no trouble with AW or After Colony Gundams, AG tech, and PD tech without issue. The only time I see a problem is if it goes up against RC or CC tech, or late AD tech like the 3rd gen Gundams, and it would also have trouble with "special snoflake systems" like the Zero System, Psychoframe, Trans-Am, and Quantum Transmission.
>>
>You'll never destroy a person's family
Feels bad.
>>
I don't like fighting Arms Forts.
>>
>>15214733
It's also trivially easy to engineer a NEXT that can reach Mach 1, and not much harder to build one that can stay there indefinitely if it really wanted to (even without 1.15 regs).

Add to that the fact that their weapons are built to be able to damage other NEXTs. It's not unheard of for single stray NEXT grade weapon rounds to demolish whole buildings.

At it's silliest NEXT combat can end up looking like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltUddSMTMQs
>>
>>15214884
>AI
>>
File: wall5_1280.jpg (164KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
wall5_1280.jpg
164KB, 1280x1024px
>>15214884
Exactly, the two biggest factors would be a NEXTs speed, which differs if were going by cutscenes which isn't too impressive, or gameplay which is on a whole 'bother level. In game, Nexts can almost seem to approach Orbital Frame levels of maneuverability at times.

Second is weaponry and Energy Defense, of which Mobile Suits traditionally have absolutely none. In most Gundam universes, beam weapons are a straight up kill, unless something has anti-beam coating, and even that will only survive an extra shot or two. A wide variety of beam weapons are available to NEXTs, and it'll take a lot more than just one shot to take even one with low EN Def down.
>>
>>15214907
>AI
Irrelevant. We're simply talking performance. If you wanted to point out a flaw in the vid, point out that it uses the infinite energy regulation.
>>
>>15214733
>Kojima particles basically work the same way as Red GN Particles, negative health effects included.

Oh it's much worse than that, they're like some sort of hyper-corrosive particle that reduces stuff exposed to them to dust. If they were carcinogenic that'd be a mercy, instead KP is like the most over the top allegory for the damage that nuclear weaponry and technologies can inflict upon the planet.

Kojima Technology is like a dirty bomb on steroids. The mere activation of a NEXT's Kojima Reactor can make a simple territorial defense become a pyrrhic disaster as the pollution sweeps across residential areas.

Simply put this shit is some of the most fucked up of fictional exotic particles.
>>
>>15214912
Those moves aren't human Nineball.
>>
>>15214909
>A wide variety of beam weapons are available to NEXTs, and it'll take a lot more than just one shot to take even one with low EN Def down.
Not necessarily. Kojima cannons (specifically Torus's arm weapon model), unwieldy, inefficient and finicky though they are, really can one-shot some NEXT designs.
>>
>>15214920
Ok, ok, yes. I was hoping someone wouldn't bring those up because they're a special case, but in general. Kojima weapons aside, even cannon-class beam weapons aren't capable of 1-shotting a NEXT.
>>
>>15214914
It gets even worse than that. At even moderate concentrations Kojima particles are incredibly toxic and liable to blight the nearby area for centuries yes, but at even higher concentrations they're *so* corrosive that they will eat away at even standard NEXT armour at a VISIBLE PACE. Normally this only happens in enclosed spaces with high KP content, like the interior of a Kojima reactor facility, but the arms fort Answerer uses scaled up NEXT equipment, including primal armour, and it pumps out so many particles that anything in the same postcode as it will basically just fucking melt of its own accord. It's pretty much flying in the middle of a cloud of Xenomorph blood (that is also a forcefield).
>>
Whatever happened to the Human PLUS program?
>>
>>15214945
>Still using it despite destruction
Well this damn universe falls apart somewhat.
Moment NEXTs started poisoning people, desertfication rampant, radiation clouds and need for cradles, is the moment these things should've been put for MAD usage and deterents and returned to Normal usage.
I mean the AMS system to pilot NEXTs can be put in other vehicles, right?
>>
>>15214957
The technology was fielded in order for the corporations to sweep away the old order of sovereign nations with governments in favor of their little Pax Economica. An ace in the hole, really.

Turns out that moneyrakers don't really care for anything other than their bottom line, though.
>>
>>15214968
But then how are you going to make money if the consumer and resources are all turned to dust?
>>
>>15214949
Which continuity are you referring to?
>>
>>15214968
>>15214972
>But then how are you going to make money if the consumer and resources are all turned to dust?
Corporations (even real ones rather than dystopian cyberpunk ones) are far from unlikely to run the gravy train into the ground for maximum short term benefit and to hell with the consequences, and short sighted cyberpunk mega corps is kind of an Armored Core staple.

>I mean the AMS system to pilot NEXTs can be put in other vehicles, right?
I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. It is, however, a total and utter waste. You have to understand just how rare AMS compatibility really is. At any given time there are maybe around forty NEXT pilots in the ENTIRE world, and some of the lower ranked ones are absolute garbage at piloting and often have barely acceptable AMS compatibility, yet they're still put in those cockpits because even being that compatible at all merits giving them a NEXT since even a single one can defeat almost any amount of conventional forces regardless of skill.
>>
>>15214972
Safety and comfort offered through the companies. The casualties come from the fact that corporate warfare has become a bit more literal once you have Lynx on Lynx combat.

Really it was the point when the corporations decided they wanted to be king of the hill that things started to get really REALLY bad. Shit at some point they all managed to send up a bunch of orbiting killsats that prevent anything from leaving the planet, these fuckers are crazy.
>>
File: tumblr_mtuavvctrV1s5saolo1_500.jpg (76KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mtuavvctrV1s5saolo1_500.jpg
76KB, 500x383px
>>15214760
Slaying the giants was one of the coolest things in AC4A for me. While Motherwill was easy, it was just a plain fun mission. And that music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2tyuG3Mjm0
>>
>>15214974

Wasn't it only AC1 and 2?
>>
>>15214920
I don't think he was talking about Kojima cannons anon. There are quite a few back-weapons that use normal beams in AC4 and AC4A, like the wing cannons on Noblesse Oblige.
>>
>>15214914
I said this earlier in the thread, but why didn't the nick this problem during the 00-Aretha tests? That thing was one of the best NEXTs in the game, but it's contamination levels were so bad that the friggin' PILOT would die from both the radiation and the neural feedback, which was crude on it. Rayleonard didn't even try to make another manned NEXT until the 03-Aaliyah and 04-Alicia, as the 002-B prototype NEXT was AI controlled.
>>
>>15215023
Nah, plussie scum has been unfortunately a thing in all of AC except maybe V.
>>
>>15215030
It's possible the 002-B was originally a regular test model and was just retrofitted with AI control later. Certainly there are two or three pilots with terminal KP poisoning who were almost certainly test pilots for Rayleonard and Akvavit. Regardless, they DID fix the problem in later designs. It's possible the test reactor mounted on the Aretha was just too big (it does generate a much larger KP explosion when destroyed), and that could account for its higher performance, in which case it was basically a deliberate design decision to trade off power for being able to actually operate without killing valuable pilots.
>>
>>15215036
Eh? V had a whole sideplot about what was effectively the precursor to Human Plus technology.
>>
This is just my personal headcanon, but taking the ORCA path and destroying the Assault Cells opened up the way to space, right? Omer was established to be the backer of ORCA the whole time, so who's to say they constructed the Towers seen in VD as a sort of exodus craft, capable of carrying a large population and loads of AC4-era technology into space using Kojima thrusters?

Obviously they would only take those who would accept their rule, so a faction of humanity revolted and decided to stay on the surface. While the Towers launched into space, the resistance movement managed to prevent seven of them from taking off. These would be the seven Towers that we fight over in Verdict Day.

Still, as a final "fuck you" to the people staying on the surface, the massive amount of Kojima particle distribution from the Tower launches caused the "great pollution" described in V's backstory. Large swaths of the planet were covered in Kojima fallout, forcing humanity to nearly extinction and into small city-states across the globe. Also, the corporations took all the NEXT technology with them, leaving nothing behind.

Since Kojima fallout takes decades, even centuries to go away, and due to the small amount of humans survivng, the history and period of AC4 is forgotten, like Turn A's Black History. Eventually Armored Core technology is re-invented, and ACV happens. Some period of time passes and the Kojima dust clears, and people rediscover the Towers.

Now, I also think Omer has ties to the Corporation/Foundation in V and VD. Obviously they don't want to totally lose Earth, and want to reclaim it after a period of time. But they don't want to share. So the create a front to sow apocalyptic conflicts again and again, providing weapons like Exusia, the Silver Lotus, and allowing their forces on Earth to revive the NEXT technology in the form of a bootleg White Glint.
>>
>>15198095
>Flying in a mecha game

This is what's really retarded
>>
>>15215078
>Flying
>wrong
>>
>>15215090
Don't get me wrong, nothing's bad about a little bit of airtime in games like Mechwarrior or Gundam VS and the like

But it's games like FA where they literally spend almost all of their time flying that piss me off, it's like you might as well just not have legs
>>
>>15214105
>>15215030
I've only just noticed your question related to KP contamination in general rather than pilot poisoning.

My answer is that it's just an unavoidable effect of using KP at all. You'll note that a NEXT by itself isn't really the thing that badly poisons the area, it's the primal armour. You have to deploy without yours when defending Anatolia, and Fiona is explicitly disobeying safe procedure when she turns yours back on in hard mode. Since PA requires a fairly dense cloud of particles to work, it naturally follows that there would be more contamination. I'm sure the reactor and the Kojima rocket engines in the boosters to contribute, but on a platform as small as a NEXT the primal armour is the worst offender.

It's not really NEXTs causing the bulk of the pollution anyway, it's the Kojima power plants set up to fuel everything else, since they have vastly higher output.
>>
>>15214116
The final boss of Verdict Day was a pussy NEXT though.
It was increadibly slow and you couldn't even damage it if it didn't use assault armour.
>>
>>15215169
Well, yeah. N-WGIX was just a copy of White Glint using extremely crude Kojima technology. But still, it was head-and shoulders over anything else on the battlefield at the time. You only take it out because your the player. During its first phase Assault Armor could seriously hurt you, and its Primal Armor made it impervious to fire. Second stage amped up the Kojima pollution to maximum levels, to the point where some steel beams near it began to melt. Worse still, if World Mode is any indication this thing is mass-produced.
>>
>>15214640
Wow one sentence on an ign article. That's SOLID proof. lmfao
>>
>>15215078
Piss off back to mechwarrior fag.
>>
I've only played the three ps1 AC games and AC2.

Everryone should play Master of Arena at the very least. I recommend all 3 ps1 games, but MOA is easily the best out of the 4 games I've played.

Good shit
>>
>>15215017
FA in general was easy, but some of the arms forts were cool as fuck, even if you didnt cheese them with blades or granades.

>>15214957
>I mean the AMS system to pilot NEXTs can be put in other vehicles, right?

Probably, but remember that this isnt your typical "connect the brain to the machine" shit, people have a natural change of being compatible with the tech, and while putting this on lesser machines could probably reduce the threshold of AMS compatability, it still a rare thing, just to list some things.

Aspina is a independant colony (later made the pet of OMER) that survived by being the leader on AMS R&D, and in a span of around 10 years, we only see 3 pilots (Joshua, CUBE and Julius) this demostrate that the AMS can be developed with artificial ways, but is no easy task.

GA took another huge achivement on AMS with the creation of the NEW-SUSHINE (pic related) a NEXT that allows persons with a AMS way below the medium to be NEXT pilots and develop their AMS in a safe way, yet we dont see more than 5 pilots using a full NEW-SUNSHINE frame.
>>
In acfa, which radar do you guy use? normal or classic. I find the normal radar really hard to read.
>>
>>15216166
I use normal, and is not that hard, if the point in the radar doesnt show a line, it means the objective is around the same height as you, if there is a line over the point, it means is above you, and if there is a line over the point, is below you.
>>
>>15216166
I prefer normal. It's nice to see the elevation of targets in comparison to your position.
>>
>>15215896
An excerpt from an interview with Miyazaki where he straight up says AC6 is in development. Where's your evidence that its not. Put up or shut up.
>>
>>15216174
I'm a bit confuse when the object is above or below me. I used to think the line is the direction of the object heading....
>>15216202
I need to try to use it, I can see the advantage of having an actual length for reference.
>>
File: Armored-Core-RTS-Cover-Flat.jpg (232KB, 667x500px) Image search: [Google]
Armored-Core-RTS-Cover-Flat.jpg
232KB, 667x500px
>>15216228
Lmfao, are you really that desperate for Miyazaki-sempai to release another train-wreck?

There were articles on the AC Discord that not only did Nabeshima leave (you know the guy who actually made good AC games that had a soul), but almost all of the original AC team were fired.
The Discord's down and I'm not interested in pulling them up again.

And again... IGN, not well known for their accurate translations. So, until there's actual gameplay, screenshots and something more than an April Fools joke. You might want to take a second look too.

Don't forget that not long ago you people thought there was going to be an Armored Core real time board game. That got fully funded in a week and ended up being a scam!
>>
>>15215973
>>15214760
>there are men who never jousted with Stigro
You have not lived
Hate Motherwell, laggy and missiles are annoying.
Everything other than Answerer is bleh. Jets were pointless, Land Crab was ok, Sol Dios was ok, Great Wall was meh, the Drones one was meh. Eclipse was boring. Mostly meh to fight. Concept is nice to see variation on killbots.
>>
>>15216520
Wasn't there a licensing issue with FROM? Was the game dropped completely or did they change it up?
>>
>>15216549
>Laggy Missiles

Playing on the 360 there, mate?
>>
>>15216554
PS3. Framerate is shit with exploding buildings or all this gunfire.
>>
File: namechange.jpg (99KB, 723x608px) Image search: [Google]
namechange.jpg
99KB, 723x608px
>>15216553
Straight from their page.

Basically, all they did was change the name, the cover art and the terminology. One of their "boss models" actually was a 3D asset we found. lmfao.
>>
>>15216554
Surprisingly 360 was more stable for 4th gen than PS3. I've played them both, on PS3 I literally fell through a floor on the Arteria Carpals mission.
>>
>>15215197
You know what would be fucking sick
A mission where you team up with a bunch of other mercs to take on a somewhat more developed NEXT
Everyone ganging up on it, just trying to chip off that primal armour and take it down
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
>>15215078
>This is what's really retarded

Just because you don't like it does not mean it's retarded. If every mecha looked the same and every game played the same, we'd live in a much more shitty world.
>>
File: 1470683897277.png (234KB, 504x450px) Image search: [Google]
1470683897277.png
234KB, 504x450px
>>15216651
>Implying you could handle the feels of your Raven bros dying one by one in front of you and leaving you alone to fight

It would be the assault on the Silent Line all over again, even worse, instead of having your operator and communication network telling you that your pals are dropping like flies you actually see them die.
I won't deal with that shit, my heart won't take it.
>>
>>15198067
>fucked off to Square Enix to work on Front Mission

nani?
>>
>>15216662
I'm still mad that Verdict Day didn't have a kickass opening. Say what you will about V, it has one of the best opening animations in the series.
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 283x164px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 283x164px
>>15198991
>Nexus
>bad music
That's wrong on so many levels. LR and NB had shit OST but nexus was last good one on PS2
>>
TOO HARDCORE FOR ME
>>
>>15216520
>RTS

Giving the world of games, this could be a really good and interesting game if done by the people of Age of Empires (I know the company is death)
>>
>>15216759
Somehow made me think on Journey, when climbing the snow mountain and you see your partner die before you do.
>>
>>15217096
This, though personally I think no other OST can top AC3's.
>>
>>15217268
I personally prefer Nexus' to AC3 because of Autobahn alone and the classic remixes like Grip The Otherside or 9-Memories, then again, I'm also fond of the original PS trilogy, tracks like, Grip, Shape Memory Alloys and of course, 9, are all memorable and cool, AC2 also had a few good tracks here and there like Frighteners, Red Impulse or U-Turn.
Most ACs have good OST really, I'm not particularly fond of the ones from AC4 onwards but there's still iconic stuff like Thinker and all its remixes like Agitator.
>>
File: 1486955861420.gif (151KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1486955861420.gif
151KB, 128x128px
Post R A R E tracks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5snBhyRssc
>>
>>15217628
Yeah I understand where you are coming from. I guess I prefer the somber-like tone of AC3, and Artificial Sky just kills me. At first I too wasn't very keen on AC4 onwards but as of late I've grown to like it a lot.

What about mission select / garage themes? For me it goes:
AC3 > AC2 > AC1 = Nexus > LR > FA > 4

Don't know about V/VD since I've yet to play them.

>>15217756
Excellent taste my friend, here's a rarer one that I really like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_MYnwS9mK0
>>
>>15217763
>No one ever likes Grid Room
I like it.
>>
>>15217763
Menu and garage themes are a toughie.

I like a lot of 4's menu themes, LR has one of the grooviest clock countdown themes in "The Game," Shape Memory Alloys is fucking Shape Memory Alloys, Artificial Sky II is atmospheric as fuck, there's VD's garage them, Perfect Rose, which is damn good tinkering music...

I think the only ones I don't really care for is FA's, and they're far from bad. A tad melancholic for my tastes, and that's the slight penalty that puts it arbitrarily at weakest, but that's not to say it's awful listening.

Each entry does a damn good job of conveying an atmosphere particular to a particular moment in the Armored Core metaseries via their menu music suite.
>>
>>15217756
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbWsO3vfcH8&list=PL95528CC0C1553043&index=19
>>15217763
My favorite garage tracks outside of Shape Memory Alloys are absolutely Last Raven's themes, the fact that the themes change depending on the countdown threshold blew me away back then, and they're all pretty fitting for each phase, I'm especially fond of the middle one, it really conveys the tension of the moment, fighting back and forth against all those Ravens and slowly following Jack's trail.

Though not a single /m/ game still managed to top this garage theme, not even AC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkMhJ6STWzY
>>
>>15217768
Hey I like it too you know, it's just that I like the other ones more.

>>15217784
Yeah I think you nailed it, and in fact when I think about it I wouldn't say any of them are bad, just prefer some over the others for subjective reasons.

>>15217852
Heh I dig it, though it doesn't stand up to the AC ones for me. I've really got to play Front Mission one of these days.

Speaking of great intermission themes, here's another one I love:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRgCKVJtH8k
>>
>>15217895
>I've really got to play Front Mission one of these days.
Most games are not really good on the gameplay side, the wanzers are all pretty good though.
My personal favorite is 2, it's a real good war story with a nice set of characters and also some real good gameplay on top of it, the OST is also really cool, Noriko Matsueda's finest work in the series I'd say.

All this talk about /m/ games OSTs makes me think about GiTS:Megatech Body and how we'll probably never get something of that caliber again, every track is solid gold.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfJwmbOTC5g
>>
File: 1484926743212.png (335KB, 458x384px) Image search: [Google]
1484926743212.png
335KB, 458x384px
>>15217919
Man that's some good stuff.
>>
>>15217926
The game was also pretty good, if not a bit short and on the easy side, the OST is fucking fantastic but it's because it's produced by based Takkyu Ishino and all the 90's gods of techno, there is no track that goes under 9.9/10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoiaFPJVKVo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9avhp8QuAlk&spfreload=10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-sw8hGbCmc

And it also has incredibly high quality anime cutscenes with the best Motoko rendition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0UBycyZb6w
>>
File: 1487026861266.jpg (11KB, 287x200px) Image search: [Google]
1487026861266.jpg
11KB, 287x200px
>>15217939
Holy shit you're right, gonna get that OST right now. I never paid attention to it even though I love GITS. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, anon.
>>
File: good stuff.png (81KB, 954x662px) Image search: [Google]
good stuff.png
81KB, 954x662px
>>15218022
>>15217939
Shit man, it was always right in front of me, and lossless even.
>>
>Playing AC4 for the first time
>My first Armored Core game: parents were really strict about me playing vidya and the PS3 was my first console.
>Was stuck on Barbaroi for a month trying to figure out controls. I then work my way up the ladder.
>Get to Marche au Supplice. This plays:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiP2U0dnAus

Whenever I go running these days, I put this on. That 4 vs.1 fight had me all pumped up back then, and this music still gives me energy.
>>
>>15198979
I know nothing about AC. is that image legitimate or not?
>>
>>15218061
Yeah Panther's definitely one of the best from AC4. This is top tier as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diTUPGCBobA
>>
>>15218082
>"Hey. I guess there's little need for words..."
>"I won't ask you to forgive me. Hate away."
>"...I'll be right behind you...You can chew me out on the other side..."
>"So...this is the end....This is for the best."

Why is Joshua such a bro? He didn't deserve what he got.
>>
>>15218101
>Filthy independents get killed
Problem?
>>
>>15217895
>great intermission themes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huP-Xa1-CaU
Loved this one, it reminded me of World Navigation a little.
>>
>>15217628
>>15217763
>>15217784
>>15217895
>>15217768
Another fan of Grid room here, though nothing will ever top Artifiical Sky II for me.

I'm seeing a general disdain for 4's ost, which is a shame, on balance I like it the most of any whole ost. Other ones all have great tracks, but there's also a lot of stuff that's just kind of there, meanwhile I like near everything on the AC4 soundtrack, probably because it has tons of base guitar in it. It's just so catchy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqrxVfZBtu4

And then the track with such an atmospheric tone they sneaked it into the sequel when no-one was looking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFKUoHhS2aw
>"League dogs, welcome to earth!"
>>
>>15218101
For some reason it was Wynne's final words that got to me. They drove in again how completely fucked Armored Core is.

>"To treasure a life, is that something to laugh at?"
>>
>>15218357
>moralfag
>>
>>15218405
Found the Omer employee.
>>
>>15218357
What gets me is Joshua's story. He was one of Aspina's best pilots, their legendary "White Glint". Yet Aspina was an independent colony working under contract for Omer. They force him into the 00-Aretha they acquire and tell him to attack Anatolia (ironically the Aretha's birthplace) under the threat that they'll destroy Aspina. He knows that he'll fight you and destroy your home, and is going to die one way or another. The whole fight he sounds regretful, and passes the title of White Glint on to you as he passes. Regardless if you played on Normal Mode where he was an ally, or on Hard Mode where he was a good-natured rival, he's still one of the most tragic characters in Armored Core.

He doesn't even get any rest as J, piloting a mockery of his best friend's craft.
>>
>>15218426
>crybaby winnie
>>
>>15218078
The guy oversimplified 4th gens mechanics quite a bit for added comical effect. But, as a base overview of both gens mechanics its passable.
>>
>You can go super robot finisher move in 5th gen
>But graphical effects/filters/style hurt my eyes
This sucks.
>>
>>15217784
>Perfect Rose, which is damn good tinkering music...

My fucking brother from another mother, Perfect Rose is such good garage theme, I really feel that AC6 will have a hard time surpassing this one since is the direct predecesor.
>>
>>15217756

I really, really like "Morning, Lemontea"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow-SoBFe1nM

Of course when Sunrise reveal itself with a remix, I was really happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW4NL6TSKW0
>>
>>15198089
>>15198052
>>15198958

How would you prefer an Armored Core-style game be done, then?

I'm making my own mech game and am looking for input.

Also I need ideas for big superweapons or Arms Fort-type stuff.
>>
>>15218101
Joshua is the bro any mecha pilot needs, sadly his death is one of the reasons everybody here hates OMER (reminder that they are jews)

Another Character I really liked from 4 was Berlioz; while you only see him on fantastic mission of Marche au Supplice, all his dialogue really paints the image of a skilled, confident soldier, he even admits that Anatolia's merc is someone to be taken seriously, yet he doesnt lose his cool and reminds you that he isnt rank 1 for nothing and then his final line.

>You're a fine warrior... Call me sentimental, but I wish we had met under different circumstances.

Maybe he could be your Joshua in another universe.
>>
>>15218438
Is always the little things that make something simple into something great, even if it transforme a sad story into a total tragedy, this is the type of shit that makes me respect FROM's minimalistic way of storytelling.
>>
>>15218642
>chinks are now jews
>>
>>15218357
>"To treasure a life"
>Top pilot of Interior Union
>Probably earns a lot of money
>hell bent of protecting the cradles

I wouldnt be surprised if she has family on the cradles.
>>
>>15218649
I thought they were set up in Middle East
>>15218651
Guess they're dead now
>>
>>15218656
>>15218649

Iranian oil sheiks, actually.
>>
>>15218625
First off, keep the damage system simple. Too many confusing mechanics like ACV really drives new players away.

Second, make sure the combat isn't super slow in terms of pace or actual movement. The player should feel free to move wherever they like in a mech. Don't make it too fast to the point where the game is, again, intimidating for new players.

Third, the mrcha and weapon designs and customization are perhaps the most important thing about the game. Each mech and weapon should have a certain design language to it; if you look at the 03-AALIYAH from AC4, its aesthetic exudes speed and nimble combat-- and that's precisely what the AC is good at. It may be a good idea to take design cues from certain real-world objects even if your game is in a future setting.

Are you developing Project Nimbus by any chance? Shoutout to them for making a fun and unique PC mecha game.
>>
>>15218689
So you think a low barrier to entry is best? Simple damage system, somewhat simple movement, and the like?

For simple damage, it should just be attack power versus shield + armor? None of the combat triangle stuff from V/VD?

Can you elaborate more on the fast part? I'm assuming you mean pace. As the actual mechs themselves are supposed to move extremely fast. I'm going for a "ACFA on steroids" vibe.

I'm in the middle of working on my customization system and it should be very robust when I'm finished.

What real-world objects do you suggest I look at? At this point I'm just looking at mecha art and then using those designs as inspiration. Should I look at jets or something?
>>
There serie has some good shit to listen when relaxing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHIq26MIPkA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydeNsKBZsAQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czvJtf28-F0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTDnRDOO-VA

obligatory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf6vg4jMvhY
>>
>>15218689
Also I am not working on Project Nimbus. I'm just a guy trying to make a game on his own.
>>
>>15218625
Gattai and supermoves
>>
>>15218740
>Gattai
I have no clue how I'd do this. Transforming/combining sounds like a nightmare in terms of programming and animating. Plus it sort of limits you in design because you have to make things in a way so that they can actually transform.

I was planning on having player-owned superweapons. For example I had an idea for an experimental lightning weapon that takes up both shoulder slots. And another idea for a giant laser beam that takes up an arm and a shoulder slot.
>>
>>15218718
Project M?
>>
>>15218740
>Supermoves
So Superweapons done right?
I just want a freaking chest blaster.
>>
>>15218718
Well if you're by yourself... I'd recommend either recruiting others to help you or outsource the modeling/artwork if you're programming.

Second, do not aim to be as complex as AC, if you want to get it done within a reasonable time frame. Its a noobtrap and you'll burn yourself out trying to get the math right that a 40 man team of nips can barely accomplish.

Make a game you can get done and don't overcharge for Early Access like Project Nimbus.
>>
>>15218718
Oh and almost forgot. Don't ask people on /m/ for serious design choices... jeez man.
>>
>>15218755
Well AC, specially the PS1-PS2 era had special cores with Overboost, small drones or with other functions on them, you could try to make a core that somehow allows for a huge attack.
>>
>>15218651

I think it's simply that she's just a humanitarian. For all her pride and disdain and prickly attitude, Wynne ultimately really just has some actual compassion and cares about the lives of people in general, a vanishing fucking rarity in the Armored Core universe.

At least Roy stood by her.
>>
>>15218807
>a vanishing fucking rarity in the Armored Core universe.

You wont find much idealism and fighting for what is right in this game. Something that I feel really puts this game apart from other mechas stuff, is how it handles the concept if war, so far you dont see much agnst about how war is horrible and stuff, people may make small comments here and there, but is not like a huge critic about war or humanity, the serie itself use war more like just another aspect on life, is there, some people make a living out it, no big deal, no big moral talk about it, is just there and nothing more; the closest game to have somekind of morality about that would be VD, and sometimes is I feel is was more just a tool to develop Fatman and Maggy characters.
>>
>>15218751
Nah, not that guy either.

>>15218757
How exactly is AC complex? The only problem I forsee is AI. I'm most likely going to outsource music, and voice acting should I choose to put it in.

>>15218760
How come? There's probably at least one guy here who draws some good robots in his free time. Or a couple anons who can give ideas for designs.
>>
>>15218865
This isnt /tg/ and I doubt any concept you have will inspire enough anons to make something like Katawa Shoujo, /m/ is not a good place to ask because it will end transforming into a discussion on how gundam like is or not the design.
>>
>>15218865
If you don't think its complex, go ahead and knock yourself out.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 750x1334px
Just started playing For Answer, I'm liking the mech designs much more than 4's.

Pic-related
Is
B E S T
N E X T

But I'm still shit at the combat, turning feels insanely slow, there must be something I'm doing wrong, any advise on how to turn faster?

>>15218713
Personally I disagree with that anon on the damage system, I think multiple damage types and module damage would be pretty neat, though they would certainly be harder to implement.

Missiles and rockets could do shaped charge damage, machine guns and cans could do kinetic damage, and energy weapons would do energy damage, different parts that could be equipped on mechs would be stronger or weaker to different types.

For instance anti-beam coating, energy shields or something else could protect best against energy weapons, parts with the heaviest base armor would be most protected against bullets and cannon shells, reactive armor and (physical)shields would be the best defense against shaped charges from missiles.

Module damage could be pretty simple, take too much damage to an arm and it stops working or falls off, take too much to the head and it becomes harder to aim, lock on, or see.

>What real-world objects do you suggest I look at? At this point I'm just looking at mecha art and then using those designs as inspiration. Should I look at jets or something?

That could certainly help, a heavily armored mech could take certain elements from large tanks whereas a lightly armored mech might have a more aerodynamic look inspired by aircraft.

I could also see certain shapes from boats and ships looking good, for instance the very front of a large battleship's hull has a shape that could look good for a chest, or perhaps turn it upside down for shoulder armor.

>>15218865
>>15218876
As far as getting mech ideas from anons goes, best way to do that would probably just be to start a thread asking anyone to submit drawings or other depictions of their ideas, then pick and choose what you like.
>>
>>15218625
>big superweapons

A giant cannon with thrusters on it that uses an army of drones/funnels to distract the player while charging a powerful laser, it has to open up it's armor to cool energy cells after firing the laser, at which point the drones swarm towards it to protect them, the player has to try and fight their way through the drones and damage the energy cells before they're re-covered and the superweapon starts charging it's laser again.

A Dendrobium style spacecraft that can outrun even the fastest player mech but has little armor and has to fight like a plane that can't turn quickly, flying directly toward the player firing all weapons before passing them and flying out of the maps boundaries to prepare for another run, the player has to basically joust with it, avoiding missiles, lasers, or bullets, while trying to damage it before it flies past.

In general try to make boss fights that are challenging and memorable, requiring different tactics from most other enemies.

No simple bullet sponges.

Try to have story, dialogue, and evironments really build up to the big boss fights so the player knows they're about to fight a huge badass before they've even seen them.

So is the game gonna be 2D or 3D?
>>
>>15219266
It's 3D.

I like both of those ideas. I had a "big cannon" boss and a "drone swarm" boss planned but combining them that way could be interesting.

The Dendrobium thing I hadn't thought of but that's a pretty good direction too.

I was going to have a couple 1v1 and 2-3v1 mech fights against enemy AI scattered either as side missions or bosses in their own right. And the standard enemies would be simple mechs (i.e. normals) and stuff like turrets, lightly armed flying drones, and the like.

>>15219227
Honestly implementing a damage system be it module or not is trivial compared to other parts of game development. The only difficulty I foresee is actually balancing parts once I get more and more weapons and armor.

Also I hope you enjoy For Answer. I really enjoy it and it was the main inspiration behind me even starting me game. If you anons care enough I could start posting progress when I get some cool stuff to show off.
>>
>>15219365
>If you anons care enough I could start posting progress when I get some cool stuff to show off.

Definitely do!
It's always good to ask for feedback and constructive critisicism when making something, and I'm sure people on a mecha board would like to hear about a mecha game.
>>
File: 1464017888908.jpg (195KB, 600x425px) Image search: [Google]
1464017888908.jpg
195KB, 600x425px
Well, this was a good thread. Stay free, Ravens.
>>
>>15219227
>worst next design
Hilbert was better minus no core
>>
>>15218865
>>15219365
Well no wonder you think it isn't complex... you're literally starting from the most noob friendly title in the series. lmfao

That's not a bad thing to start out with though, cause I've seen low budget garage projects able to pull it off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKdcXqHZQxQ
>>
>>15218022
>>15218031
You're welcome friend.
>>15218828
>You wont find much idealism and fighting for what is right in this game.

Well, 4A kinda has something like that if you go full M.D. Geist in the destruction ending, but it's still not actual idealism, more like a reaction of fear mixed to disgust towards your incomprehensible behaviour, ORCA is also arguably rooted in strict morals, same can be said of Vertex to some extent, it's just not complete anime moralfaggotry but it is there, Jack got so much following both in game and from players because many people share his ideal of fighting against greedy corporations, and it becomes pretty clear as you get to the end of the game that it isn't just a war fought by independent Ravens for maintaining their status.
Jack probably was really fighting for what he considered the most "noble" thing to do and was willing to make sacrifices for that, especially once Pulverizers come into play it's pretty evident Jack is the only one in the entire cast fighting for the survival of mankind more than anything else.
>>
>>15219227
>any advise on how to turn faster?
Quickboost turn. Use the right analogue stick and you should perform a rapid turn on the spot.

>>15219661
>Jack
Literally the only thing Jack was fighting for was to draw out a dominant so he could have them resolve the Pulverizer problem and save everyone's asses, and Vertex existed to draw in strong ravens so they could be sacrificed on that altar (and had some screwy social Darwinist ideologies about doing so). Vertex's pilots (even Jack) were expendable from the start, the organisation was a ruse with a hidden agenda not all its members were aware of (exactly of like Orca).
>>
>>15218713
Yeah, the game needs to be relatively easy to pick up. It's sad to say that the mecha genre is ailing right now and really needs new players.

With regards to damage, I think what you describe is probably the best system. Then again, I'm really impartial towards ACFA style combat so take my afvice with a grain of salt.

The game pace is up to you as long as it isn't tediously slow. You may have to experiment with certain game paces before you find a sweet spot; going much faster than ACFA may end up being TOO fast, if you also carry over the advanced elements of game such as 2nd stage boosting and missile jousting.

I suggest you look at real weapons such as warplanes, tanks, or any other weapons of war-- even just small arms. Mecha designs are also good inspiration.
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.