[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm almost finished with the first VOTOMS series. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: votoms.jpg (902KB, 1562x1259px) Image search: [Google]
votoms.jpg
902KB, 1562x1259px
I'm almost finished with the first VOTOMS series. I'm going to watch the last few episodes and check this thread if it's still up.

What the FUCK is going on, jesus christ. Is this God Emperor of Dune?

Are the other series worth watching?
>>
>>15193447
Next, watch The Last Red Shoulder, Big Battle, and Roots of Ambition OVAs
And then Mellowlink
>>
>>15193501

This. If you're still craving more and don't mind sucking up the butthurt when the series ending gets shit on, check out Shining Heresy and all the other stuff as well.

Pailsen Files was pretty good.
>>
>>15193447
>Are the other series worth watching?
mostly yes, at worst they have robot fights
>[spoilertext]
not exactly but yeah, basically
>>
>>15193501
I watched Mellowlink first, did I miss out on much
I didn't know they were related and Votoms is still on my backlog
>>
>>15195407
Mellowlink is as good a starting point as any, especially considering that it takes place before the original series
>>
>>15195515
Did it? I actually just finished the last episode about ten minutes ago and I was under the impression that the series was running in the same timeframe as VOTOMS.
>>
File: votomsWEG.png (1MB, 1100x500px)
votomsWEG.png
1MB, 1100x500px
>>
>>15195567
Lol that is spot on
>>
>>15195555
What this >>15195407 is saying is stupid.
That would imply
>Mellowlink taking place 100 years before the main series
Which dfosen't makes sense given
>AT were made during the war
>Kummen Civil war takes place in post-war era
>Renewal of the war between Giglamesh and Balarant
And most importantly
>Jijirium scandal takes place during the tail end of the war
Plus given other hint here and there in the OVA, it is pretty obvious that it takes place side by side with the main series.

Watching Mellowlink dosen't takes away much except the fun recognizing all the places where events of main series takes place.
>>
>>15197736
>Watching Mellowlink dosen't takes away
*Watching Mellowlink first dosen't takes away
>>
>>15195567
I think this is the most accurate description of VOTOMS I've ever seen.
>>
>>15193447
>Are the other series worth watching?

Mellowlink is only VOTOMs series/ova worth a damn. It realistically captures the post apocalytic society setting as well as the damaged "soldier" thing. Plus it has great Scopedog combat.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.