[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never understood exactly stopped the Stark Jegan Pilot from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: cap.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cap.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I never understood exactly stopped the Stark Jegan Pilot from connecting his blow. Was it an i-field or the Kshatriya's thrusters blowing him back?
>>
>>15193116

A writers lack of understanding how Newton Ian physics works.
>>
>>15193116
>>15193120
Maybe the Kshatriya was accelerating backwards faster than the Jegan was accelerating forward?
>>
>>15193378
Given that it has four fuck huge binders with its thrursters at full blast I agree
>>
>>15193116
There are 16 fuckhuge vectors of thrust pushing back on the Jegan's one main thruster, no doubt the Kshatriya was able to barely evade and push the Jagan away.
>>
>>15193378

That MIGHT be what they were trying to show, but if it is they fucked it up.

Jegan is jetting forwards towards the Kshatriya, kill shot lined up. The Kshatriya fires its thrusters towards the Jegan.

What we see is, effectively, the Jegan come to a relative dead stop and act as if it has been blown backwards and staggered, followed by the Kshatriya then lunging forward for the kill.

But any force strong enough to stagger the Jegan should send the Kshatriya hurtling away from the melee. If all the Kshatriya did was match speed to stabilize the distance between them, there is no reason for the Jegan to act so staggered and be rendered so defenseless. If you want to have your cake and eat it too, and say that the Kshatriya matched speed AND was jetting out enough thrust to stagger the Jegan, then we are talking an amount of heat involved such that the Kshatriya would never have needed to swing at all, its thrusters already melted the Jegan into slag. In either of the 'match speed' scenarios, the Kshatriya lunging forward at the Jegan shouldn't work the way we saw it because the Jegan is still rocketing forward the same as before.

Its a fight choreography that depends on the Kshatriya acting like it is firmly standing on the ground, where it can brace itself and blow back the Jegan without having to move itself. Aka: no concept of newtonian physics.
>>
>>15193116
Plot rays.
>>
>>15193116
I always thought she did something akin to a makeshift flashbang.

Marida used her thrusters (or I-field) to blind the pilot which staggered him, while simultaneously accelerating backwards
>>
File: Poor Jegan.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Poor Jegan.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>15193116
If you see, the beam saber is somehow stopped, so I always assumed her wings or whatever they are emitted some kind of field that stopped him
>>
>>15193529
The way the bits get wasted immediately after deployment is like a tacit admission of just how boring bit combat is.
>>
>>15193538
Funnel combat can be cool when you get to see the funnels kill a mobile suit piece by piece. Would be pretty fucking terrifying to go against it.
>>
>>15193529
The Kshatriya has an I-Field Generator in each wing binder.
>>
>>15193580
>that file name
Reminder that Hathaway blew apart a Geara Doga with the Jegan's vulcans in CCA
>>
>>15193430
Except if you look at the actual scene, she's not staggering the Jegan. It doesn't flail about when the thruster exhaust washes over it. It just doesn't manage to reach her. So just her accelerating backwards makes perfect sense. It tenses up a bit, but that's probably just to keep what force the exhaust does impart to it (because being caught in any rocket exhaust is going to shake you around a bit, even if it's not staggering amounts) from moving it off-course. The Jegan isn't staggered, it's coping with the force quite well while just not being able to get close enough.
>>
08小隊 3次元の戦い
>>
>>15193529
The beam isn't stopped though, the Jegan pilot just braces like he's being pushed or has run into something.
>>
I thought it was an i-field.
Really the only thing that makes sense imo.

Bookfags?
>>
>>15193529
genuinely the saddest scene in all of unicorn
>>
>>15193442
Ah, so Minovsky Particles?
>>
>>15193713

What do you think is going to happen if he does run in to an i-field? The beam is just going to disappear and the suit holding it won't react at all? Fields emit force. If I was holding a magnet and ran in to a magnetic field, I'd certainly expect to react. I might not have much of a reaction depending on the size of the magnets and the strength of the magnetic field, but I'd notice and react.
>>
>>15195337
Only CC-era I-fields have enough power to stop physical objects.
>>
>>15195337
If the saber were deflected he wouldn't have made that motion. It looks like he's being pushed away by the wind and he's putting his hands up to brace against it.
>>
Never understood why they changed this from the novel. In the novel, the Jegan doesn't even get to draw his saber; because Marida outdraws the Londo Bell pilot and neatly cuts him in half.
>>
>>15195365

It doesn't need to, given that the Jegan is charging the Kshatriya saber first. If the saber encounters an i-field and is stopped, then anything connected to the saber's i-field is also stopped. Including the suit holding it. The suit's only other option would be to let go or loosen it's grip and collide with the Kshatriya.

>>15195369

The Jegan is still facing a bunch of thruster wash, so he can be putting his hands up to help protect against a second phenomena, rather than his hand gesture being intrinsically connected to why he stopped. The manuals for the Kshatriya list the binders as having i-field if I recall.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.