[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you like beam sabers and thier variants? i mean mostly they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 12

File: Alvaaron_GN_Beam_Saber.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Alvaaron_GN_Beam_Saber.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
do you like beam sabers and thier variants? i mean mostly they are only a tube and there's no major story behind them like star wars but i really appreciate this type of melee weapons
>>
File: 1069_Beargguy_Beam_Saber.jpg (164KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1069_Beargguy_Beam_Saber.jpg
164KB, 1280x720px
>>
gundam X beam saber
>>
File: oz-13ms-beamsword.jpg (12KB, 350x343px) Image search: [Google]
oz-13ms-beamsword.jpg
12KB, 350x343px
Epyon's beam saber
>>
File: 57o1_500.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
57o1_500.gif
2MB, 500x281px
As long as a heat weapon and a beam don't clash, I won't question much.
>>
>>15192368
Technically that's supposed to be a Beam Sword, which is why the blade is thick and curved. Not like it makes any difference though.
>>
File: mo2fu95bgm1qdfvslo1_500.gif (911KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
mo2fu95bgm1qdfvslo1_500.gif
911KB, 500x375px
I really enjoy the skinny, concentrated look of late-UC/FC beam sabers.
>>
>>15192376
Is this the only time we see a beam javelin outside the original Gundam? For as dumb as a lot of Unicorn was the constant MSV wanking made for an incredibly fun show.
>>
>>15192368
This was the best beam saber design
>>
I think we can all agree a literal beam scythe is stupid looking and up there as the worst weapon in Gundam.
>>
>>15192972
If it curves? Yes, it would be. There's some weapons that are just two beam saber emitters on a pole, which makes it look more like a conventional halberd or lucerne hammer.
>>
File: lm312v04-javelin[1].jpg (46KB, 400x313px) Image search: [Google]
lm312v04-javelin[1].jpg
46KB, 400x313px
>>15192951
There was victory
>>
>>15192376
Any particular reason why? I know its not intuitive but depending of which scientific logic you apply to beam weapons you can have a beam one clash with a heat one.
>>
File: victory beam net.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
victory beam net.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>15193363
The beam fuckery in Victory goes beyond any other Gundam show.
>>
>>15193473
Victory's stuff is mostly just weirdly shaped variants of beam shields. What I've always found confusing is F91's beam flags. How the hell are you shaping that?
>>
>>15193456
Saber on saber clashes are i-fields pushing against each other. Heat weapons don't have any way to push back, so a saber should just keep going as it would on any other part (though the heat weapon should be less damaged).
>>
>>15192421
It was cool as shit. They looked lethal as fuck.
>>
File: Rigshokewrotor.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Rigshokewrotor.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
>>15192366
Someone explain beam rotors to me.
>>
>>15192951
The Blast impulse and Abyss had them, the G-self concept version almost had one, and the transient gundam had one in try
>>
>>15193505
The beams are shaped like aerofoils when activated.
>>
I enjoy the movement of a mobile suit pulling out his beam saber and then igniting it. Very cool. But otherwise I prefer the heat hawk and those kind of variants.
>>
>shields
>flag
>flaming thing from phantom
>rotors
>nets
>wires
>whips
>cape
>tentacles/tree branches
>centipedes
>giant hologram gundam thing that tricky pack did or something

late uc up to rc went crazy with beams
>>
>>15192366
I prefer a physical blade with some kind of gimmick such as a laser edge, flaming/heated blade, can break into a chain whip, pulsing with electricity, can fire blade beams, etc. I am fine with a full beam saber but I usually prefer only one to two characters have them usually either the MC, the main villain, or the rival.

I love beam sabers but I prefer they be something special rather than something you see everyone use, like how Star Wars ruined the lightsaber. NMH does it best where people have all kinds of weapons and it's a big deal if they have a straight up beam katana like Travis does.
>>
>>15192421
So much this.
>>
>>15192366
>>15194994
>I love beam sabers but I prefer they be something special rather than something you see everyone use, like how Star Wars ruined the lightsaber.
Well in my own idea for a Gundam Setting, where Mobile Suits acted as giant melee combatant in otherwise no-guns Space Colonies, only one of our kooky cast of Gundam Pilots was suppose to use a Beam Weapon...
That's because he is a champion Space Fencer, and due to being a magnetically contained tube of plasma, said weapon is an ÉPÉE instead of a SABER.
So when our main protagonist (a traditional military CQC instructor) ends up being the first to use it in combat like a Lightsaber, his slashing just ends up melting streaks on the outside of the other guys armor, as it's SUPPOSE to be used as a precision stabbing weapon.
>>
>>15194994

Unlike a Light Saber a Beam Saber requires no special training, or abilities besides its a good thing they're a common weapon instead of physical blades. They're lighter and save space and offer better performance than any purely physical blade, exceptions for stuff like the Exia's GN Blades or Throne Zwei's GN Buster that are coated in some GN particles for extra cutting performance.
>>
>>15193473
Why is Usso so good at killing people?
>>
>>15192972

I like it. I don't think a beam scythe suits most Gundam shows, but Wing was silly enough that it worked in my opinion. I liked that Duo had a personal, human sized one too, even if he only used it once to soften a fall. In general though, I think something like a beam scythe would suit a show with a bit of a goofier premise or execution than Gundam at least tries to be.

>>15192421

Rebels has started doing the same thing with lightsabers if I recall. I prefer it too, though it's a divisive decision from observation.

>>15194976

I prefer when beam weapons have a bit more variety, especially between units or factions. Late UC did have a good bit, but most Gundam shows just have beam sabers and maybe beam shields and leave it at that.
>>
>>15195320
Video games.
>>
File: rumi heh.png (961KB, 1143x1600px) Image search: [Google]
rumi heh.png
961KB, 1143x1600px
>>15192385
>thick and curved
>>
>>15195344
>Rebels has started doing the same thing with lightsabers if I recall. I prefer it too, though it's a divisive decision from observation.
Well Rebels is doing as a homage to the Original Trilogy, since the Sabers in A New Hope were also pretty thin.
>>
File: victory beam strings.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
victory beam strings.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>15195320
Beam fuckery that doesn't even make sense.
>>
File: Uso ebbin.jpg (21KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Uso ebbin.jpg
21KB, 640x480px
>>15195320
sexual frustration
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.