[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Ideon worth watching? I'm on the first episode and it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: C24MzEOUAAA_-rv.jpg (214KB, 929x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C24MzEOUAAA_-rv.jpg
214KB, 929x1200px
Is Ideon worth watching?

I'm on the first episode and it already feels like a chore.

Could you entice me with some spoilers interesting enough to get me to watch the whole show?

Any type of spoiler is fine. Spoil the ending or the whole show if you want. I've actually started watching a few shows and movies this way. Better than not watching it at all.

Troll spoilers are also welcome.
>>
Just watch the compilation.
>>
Cosmo leads a long, fulfilling life and passes away surrounded by his children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
>>
File: wilson-you-lie.jpg (15KB, 219x273px) Image search: [Google]
wilson-you-lie.jpg
15KB, 219x273px
>>15192338
Yeah, and Cosmo marries kitty kitten in a double marriage with Jordan Bed and Karala Ajiba, whose diplomacy as respected members of the military and daughter of the Buff Clan military leader helped end the war before things got too out of hand. That'll be "Things that were never ever even closer to possibly Happening" for 1000.
>>
>>15192297
Stick with it until they start spamming missiles instead of just punching everything, thats 6-7 eps IIRC. If you don't like it by then you probably just won't like it at all, from there the tone and the slow escalation continue for most of the series.
>>
>>15192297
A few spoilers about plot points, I guess. Not that it really matters, considering everyone who watches Ideon already knows that it ends with everyone dying in Be Invoked. Well, at one point there are two women who hate each other's guts getting into a slapfest and then becoming friends in the process. Do you enjoy watching over and over again a refugee ship get turned away by its own country because of all the destruction they, and the Elvis samurai that hound them down, bring? If yes, then continue watching. Ither pros include Buff Clan getting newer and more interesting mech over time, so if you're a /m/an, you'd watch it for that alone. Also witnessing the crew slowly realize that the Ideon thing is far more powerful than what they possibly could've ever imagined, that they don't really have all that much control over it and that the Ideon is probably manipulating the conflict from the beginning. Lots of crippling depression and alcoholism towards the end for some characters, especially when their lovers or family die. Best part is going different Planets, only for their alien wildlife to get completely blown apart from the battles. I think a planet of Apes-kinda planet gets destroyed this way and you also get to see a second extinction of the dinosaurs, except this time by robot bombardment. But you can probably get most of what you want from from the compilation movie and you're prolly just watching to get to Be Invoked anyway, right?
>>
>>15192306
Don't watch the compilation.
>>
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IncrediblyObviousBug

In Space Runaway Ideon, the Buff Clan plant a tracker on the escaping Solo space ship. Said bug later gets picked up by the crew, inspected, tossed around, and ran over by the Ideon itself, and still continues working. Justified by the space ship being lost technology and the crew not knowing what belongs and what doesn't... but you would think someone would eventually catch on. Especially considering that one of the members of the Solo Ship crew (Karala) is a former Buff Clan soldier, and up until halfway into the series (when prototypes fresh off the drawing board were launched at the Solo Ship), knew every piece of Buff Clan military technology down to the last detail. Of course, if they threw away the tracker, the Buff Clan would probably never find them after a few DS Drives, and the series would end early.

Does anyone know which episode(s) this is?
>>
Is there a batch torrent of the blu-rays yet?
>>
>>15194541
bump
>>
File: if it was true.png (1MB, 952x714px) Image search: [Google]
if it was true.png
1MB, 952x714px
>>15192338
I'm on episode 30 right now and I can tell this will never happen.

>>15194541
Not that I've seen.
>>
>>15192449
Why not?
>>
>>15194483
That's most of the series until Gije finds one and tells the crew about it which might be in the last couple of episodes.
>>
>>15192297
The end movie is pretty good, watch the series for it
>>
>>15192297
The series is really fucking boring until the last few episodes, when it suddenly becomes really interesting

I would stick with it to the end, if only for the movie
>>
>>15192297
>Is Ideon worth watching?
Yes
>>
>>15201986
Not him but the compilation movie doesn't really help understanding what's going on. Even by skipping almost everything from the series it can't get to the point where the second movie starts.
>>
>>15201986
Not him but the compilation movie doesn't really help understanding what's going on. Even by skipping almost everything from the series it can't get to the point where the second movie starts.

Yeah the first compilation movie is just a waste of time. Completely useless. Tv show + second movie. That's the deal.
>>
>>15192297
>Is Ideon worth watching?

>I'm on the first episode and it already feels like a chore.
It's a very slow paced show. If that's not for you, don't feel obligated to watch it.
>>
>>15204189
I've just finished watching MSG Gundam. I wanna watch SDF Macross next, but I heard that I should watch Ideon and Yamato first.
>>
>>15204214
>MSG Gundam
Ah shit, you know what I mean.
>>
File: 1279311457396.jpg (21KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
1279311457396.jpg
21KB, 350x200px
>>15204218
mobile suit gundam squared
>>
>>15192297
Shit gets real at episode 13, when people start getting blown up and their torso being pulled out of rubble while alive and kicking.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnGKPPzgHWE

Why are the characters floating in space? What did the creators mean by this?
>>
>>15207470
Foreshadowing
>>
>>15192297

Think of Evangelion as a prequel to this, considering what ultimately powers the Ideon - Ideon is occasionally mentioned as an inspiration to Evangelion, and I can't help but wonder if some mid to late Ideon reveals gave him some ideas as to how the whole thing could have played out.

I like to think of Karale and Sheryl as the real protagonists of the whole thing, with Cosmo mostly being there as the mandated young male pilot that's typical of mecha shows - I feel the Karala/Sheryl dynamics do a decent job of reflecting the general dynamics of the show, if not from the sides that would be expected. Karala's sister also adds something interesting into the mix by the time she shows up.
>>
>>15192306

Would be missing out.
>>
>>15204059

I wonder how much legal retaliation would follow if one were to try and compile the series into 2 movies, to make sure most of the story substance is still present...
And then there's the decision on whether to side with the series or movie on the scenes where they diverge...
>>
>>15192297
The series is a chore at first. And near the end. But the middle is good, and Be Invoked is the best thing Tomino has ever made imo
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.