[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do I need to watch/read before I can watch Getter Robo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: 1316657049377.jpg (70KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1316657049377.jpg
70KB, 640x480px
What do I need to watch/read before I can watch Getter Robo Armageddon?
>>
Nothing or everything.
>>
I watched Armageddon long before I read Getter and I could still follow the story just fine.
>>
>>15192065
Either go in dry or read the entire Getter Robo Saga. I prefer the former but either is acceptable.
>>
>>15192282
Yeah, I'd also recommend the former. Even if you don't like Armegeddon though, the entire Getter Robo saga is well worth a read.
>>
>>15192065
A spanish dictionary
>>
>>15192472
Looks like you're already reading it ;^)
>>
You need to fuck off mario
>>
Really, only the original manga and maybe G. Armageddon is something of an "alternate sequel" to the original and is more or less an alternate Go. It does a fair job of standing on its own and explains the backstory a bit, but you won't really have an appreciation for the characters and the series' qualities if you go in blind.

But if you're gonna prepare by reading the manga, you might as well just go all in and read the whole Saga.
>>
>>15192526
Whats the manga reading order?

Original<G<Shin<Go?
>>
>>15193164
Original>G>Go>Shin>Arc
>>
>>15193197
But the description of Go says
>Years after the events of Getter Robo/Shin Getter Robo
>>
>>15193314
Shin was written afterwards and has some odd time jumps during it. You're meant to know Go before reading it.
>>
>>15193325
Grazie

I've wanted to get into Getter Robot for a while now but the only thing I've watched was New Getter Robo and I don't particularly want to watch the original anime.
>>
>>15193329
>I've wanted to get into Getter Robot for a while now but the only thing I've watched was New Getter Robo and I don't particularly want to watch the original anime.
You really shouldn't watch New first, I would argue it's the one you gain the most appreciation for by viewing it last which makes sense since its the last ova they have made for Getter.
>>
>>15192462
Underrated post
>>
>>15192065

I you do decide to read Getter, here's a very good bit of info you should know: stop reading after volume four of Go, or else you'll be wasting your time on pure crap; some of the worst known to /m/ankind.
>>
>>15192065
Read Getter Robo Saga before watching any of the OVAs and you'll have a much better time. The reading order is
Original > G > Go > Shin > Arc
>>
>>15192071
I agree with this, though I'd expand "everything" to include more stuff from Ken Ishikawa's body of work.
>>
File: 1484635495437.gif (122KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484635495437.gif
122KB, 600x800px
>>15193577
Would you care to explain? I'm also pretty interested in getter and would like some context
>>
>>15197502
Don't reply to troll posts.
>mfw I'm replying to a troll post
>>
>>15197502
Don't believe what he said.
>>
>>15197502

Horrible writing, action, characters, designs, and even art, somehow. Rabid Ishikawa/Getterfags like >>15197507 and >>15201295 will try to defend it, though their "arguments" are always weak and worthless.
>>
>>15192065
Getter Robot Saga, Complied and Edited by Ken Ishikawa.

Everything Else by Ken Ishikawa.

Seriously, It's Ishikawa rodeo featuring Getter Robo.
>>
>>15201552
>though their "arguments" are always weak and worthless.
I wouldn't even clasify calling people Mario or Pedro as an argument
>>
>>15201552
>Horrible writing, action, characters, designs, and even art
explain how
>>
In another thread an anon gave another anon massive shit for calling the Getter Robo in Go Getter Go and said they never actually call it that in the manga.
They never called the Getter in Getter Robo G the Getter G in the manga either.
So, should people just consider G and Go as 2.0 and 3.0, or should that one anon not nitpick technicalities.
>>
>>15201712
>in Getter Robo Go the Getter Go
forgot this bit
>>
>>15201596

Did you miss the quotation marks?

>>15201680

Bland plot threads to go nowhere and have no actual interest or weight to them, action scenes that lack any sort of quality, characters that are as bland and one dimensional as you could ever find, with a large majority of them being useless or rehashes of characters he's already done, horribly proportioned and ugly designs, some of which are also just lazy rehashes of shit he already did before, and art that can only be described as amateur at best by anyone that's looked at more than ten drawings in their life.
>>
>>15201739
>Did you miss the quotation marks?
I didn't, but the word arguement was still there so
>>
>>15201712
I gave him shit because he said it was a fault of Go for "abandoning the titular mech" when there is no titular mecha in Go, the Go refers to the protagonist not the model of the Getter.
>>
>>15201790

"so" what? "so" you're just retarded then?
>>
>>15201821
Oh yeah, that's right.
I guess that's why I didn't comment when the thread was up. Though it's still somewhat a technicality, what the other guy said was 100% wrong, which means I shouldn't be giving you shit.
My bad. I forgot the context.
>>
File: 1478015619381.png (24KB, 319x201px) Image search: [Google]
1478015619381.png
24KB, 319x201px
>>15201916
It's no problem, friend
>>
>>15192282
>>15192071
Yep, that's about it
>>
>>15201821
Even the Shin Getter is called Honto no Getter in Go.
So none of the Getter Robos during Go actually have an actual name.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.