[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>stands alone as its own thing as a sort of reboot of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: 1469193597830.jpg (194KB, 800x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1469193597830.jpg
194KB, 800x1070px
>stands alone as its own thing as a sort of reboot of the continuity
>suddenly in the last two volumes reintroduce everything from the original and G in the last three volumes

Was Go doing badly or something?
>>
fuck off mario
>>
>>15186698
In the Getter Robo Saga reprint of the manga, Ishikawa added a "Getter Robo and Me" series of shorts appended to the end of each volume, describing the behind-the-scenes of the Getter series.

By the end of whatever chapter in the 4th volume, the TV series has ended its run and Ishikawa was contemplating ending the serialization (like what happened to the previous getter series). His Chief Editor, knowing that Ishikawa still has material to draw, encouraged him to continue with the serialization. Ishikawa then felt the need to provide closure for the entire Getter series, including Ryoma and the rest of the old crew.

Or so he dramatizes...

Did DP Scanlations ever translate these shorts?
>>
>>15186826
Ishikawa really was a very humble guy who seemed to might have had a low opinion of himself. Stories like this or how he insisted on giving Nagai a creator credit despite just thinking of the most basic part of the Getter concept show he wanted credit where it was due even if it was a bit extreme. This is probably why so much of his stuff kinda ended up unfinished or long gaps between sequels, even if he had more to write he was always like "well, that's the end of my agreed publication. Thank you for hosting me, I did my best to end the series."

Makes you wonder if he knew about possible health complications but never told anyone so as not to worry them.
>>
File: Getter-Robo-Go-03-0132.png (284KB, 809x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Getter-Robo-Go-03-0132.png
284KB, 809x1300px
>>15186698
>stands alone as its own thing as a sort of reboot of the continuity
Except for, you know, Hayato and his references to piloting past Getters?
>>
>>15186826
Should have ended it there, because the rest is pure crap.
>>
>>15187871
My thoughts exactly. Especially if by 'the rest' you mean everything after Go as well, including the out of place 90's chapters that were inserted into the 70's manga.
>>
>>15187871
>>15190855
Man, that is some impressively shit taste.
>>
>>15186853

Sounds more like a man who knows he's a talentless loser that's a nobody without someone else to majorly help him and give him everything
>>
>>15190940
>Sounds more like a man who knows he's a talentless loser that's a nobody without someone else to majorly help him and give him everything
Isn't that Okawara, though? The dude is so down he makes Ishikawa look like he has no modesty.
>>
>>15190855
True
>>
>>15191092
Not really.

>>15193161
Not really.
>>
>>15190940
Come on, let's not start talking randomly about Lazy Matsumoto
>>
>>15186826
>By the end of whatever chapter in the 4th volume, the TV series has ended its run and Ishikawa was contemplating ending the serialization
was that around the time the Getter Go got wrecked and was out of action for several volumes, and then only get used like once more before being sidelined by the Shin Getter, because I won't deny that there was a huge dip in quality around that time that it never really recovered from

but then I'm of the opinion that most of Ishikawa's Getter manga is honestly meh at best(the Shin Getter manga is probably the best one and even that one has a ton of problems), same applies to most older /m/ manga really
>>
>>15194092
Modern mecha mangas aren't any better. Just look at the clusterfuck that is Gundam origin.
>>
>>15194092
I like the Getter series, though I've only read the original, G, and Go.

I like it mostly for its energy and composition. Ishikawa is a fun storyteller.
>>
>>15194103
I found The Origin to be pretty good

>>15194113
might just be me having a very low tolerance for over the top grimdark(especially when it comes to civilian oriented violence), which is baked into manga Getter pretty damn hard(this is why I'm not a fan of most of Go Nagai's manga either)

also both Ishikawa and Go Nagai have pretty bad pacing problems
>>
>>15194128
Well I find the origin a horrible reboot
>>
>>15194128
You sound like a cuck who find any moments of civilian violence grim. Are you clawshrimpy? Maybe it's time to grow some balls since I don't find anything in Getter grim. In fact it's the opposite.
>>
You say getter is meh but you like origin.

Fucking origin. Fuck that shit. It completely murders the original anime for fan fiction writing.
>>
File: 1471579077520.jpg (38KB, 320x353px) Image search: [Google]
1471579077520.jpg
38KB, 320x353px
>>15194137
>>15194140
Even if you disagree with his opinion he's entitled to it, no need to get so fired up when he's being civil and not shitposting.

>>15194128
I would say Ishikawa has pretty good pacing especially amongst mecha writers, because he actually takes his time rather than the majority who line rushing. I think a lot can be gleaned from Getter when you look past the surface, I love the philosophy and ethical questions Ishikawa brings up in all his works. His take on morality and spirituality has always been interesting to me.
>>
File: 1437801991077.jpg (117KB, 435x750px) Image search: [Google]
1437801991077.jpg
117KB, 435x750px
>>15186698
But it was constantly building up what exactly happened to Hayato and the original crew it just wasn't the main focus.
>>
>>15194137
more that I find it tasteless most of the time, violence is one of those things that is very easy to do poorly

>>15194148
well his pacing isn't too bad during original, G, and Shin, but it's definitely pretty awkward during Go(sidelining the titular mech for several volumes was a terrible idea)
>>
File: 1476818355655.jpg (96KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1476818355655.jpg
96KB, 1440x1080px
>>15194180
>but it's definitely pretty awkward during Go(sidelining the titular mech for several volumes was a terrible idea)
There is no titular mech? The Go is in reference to just Go the character, the Getter is only ever referred to as the Getter Robo. No shit they have to eventually upgrade or change mecha since the Getter Robo used in Go doesn't run on Getter rays, it is a weaker mecha than the first model of Getter and was Hayatos attempt at quitting Getter rays cold turkey.

Everything in Go is building up to the Shin Getter because it's literally the god Getter, and Go is the series that really started to dig into what Getter rays are and how influential they are on a universal scale.
>>
>>15194063
Underrated post.
>>
All the trolling in this thread is disgusting.

Especially all the misinfo. Like one of the trollposts even says that the Getter (Go) was out of commission for several volumes. This is a blatant lie. The Getter was put of commission for less than 200 pages, which is from the beginning of volume 3 until 64 pages into volume 4.

Fuck you goddamn idiots. You wouldn't know a good story even if it shoved its thick plot down your throat.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.