[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm on episode 35 of VOTOMS. Is it me, or or did it feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

I'm on episode 35 of VOTOMS. Is it me, or or did it feel like the writers forgot all of the plot details?

The Society and the military chasing Chilico are completely irrelevant right now. The plot with the Perfect Soldiers has hardly progressed. It feels like Chilico is just wandering from one movie set to the next.
>>
>>15182802
The plot's just briefly taking a vacation. It'll be back in an ep or two.
>>
>>15182811
I'm 39 episodes in. I know that the plot has changed gears at this point but did we just completely throw the pahfecto soljas out of the window to focus on Chirico's stuff? Because they're very irrelevant at this point as far as their own plot goes.
>>
>>15182815
Yeah, the PSs aren't too relevant anymore now. The Secret Society on the other hand still is. They just need to set up for the new arc.
>>
File: 1424844081288[1].jpg (131KB, 996x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1424844081288[1].jpg
131KB, 996x1000px
>>15182802

There's pretty much two main storylines to the show. By the end, the Perfect Soldier storyline is mostly dropped in favor of the next one. Remember, they write these shows as they go and make it up as they go along.

I recommend leaving this thread now to avoid spoilers.

Also Rochina is clearly based on Robert Redford.
>>
>>15182802
The story goes nowhere interesting or meaningful, that's VOTOMS for you.

Why the fuck do people like this show so much?
>>
>>15183141
It's cool and "realistic" in the first half and Chirico is a neat protag so people pretend the second half is not complete trash
>>
Watching Votoms for the first time to, its hard to continue once "vietnam" arc is over (i loved it). They are in space now and its a bit borring...
>>
File: 1483161615956.png (2MB, 1286x1828px) Image search: [Google]
1483161615956.png
2MB, 1286x1828px
After reading the last three "meh" responses to the latter half of the original VOTOMS series I can't help but wonder if we'd watched the same show. The PS storyline comes roaring back after the Kummen arc, putting Chirico on a quest to find the source of his blessing/curse of virtual invincibility. Trash? Boring? Hardly.
>>
Kummen was the peak but the Rabidly Dog's debut was a fun episode where dude got 60+ kills and Wiseman reveal was interesting
>>
>>15183436
Don't worry, you'll get some music to liven it up.
>>
>>15183141
Because it's still better than the crap we get these days.
And I love my expendable mechs.
>>
>>15182802
>Chilico

fucking weeb
>>
>>15183436
That was,my favourite arc though. It gives insights into Chiricos vulnerabilities and deepens his relationship with Fyanna
>>
>>15183141
>Why the fuck do people like this show so much?

Once upon a time a god said : Votoms is good.
The sheeple never seen the show accepted god's word. That's how memes start pre-internet.
Votoms is good.
Zeta Gundam is good
etc...
they all share the same dogmatic elements. It takes decades for the sheeple to actually fucking watch these shows and finally realise how meandering or stupid some of them really are.
>>
>>15185676

desu a vast majority of shows are complete dogshit
>>
>>15182802
Have you gotten over the fact that well never get a BluRay release because they burned the cells? Because I haven't.
>>
>>15183978
I started to watch it thanks to SRWZ2, and i enjoyed almost all of it.

>>15185645
Kiriko a best, and he deserves the best of the best his universe can offer.
>>
>>15185676
VOTOMS and Zeta are both great though.
>>
>>15183978
This. And, either way, the PS storyline fit right into the Kummen arc seeing as they were in the midst of all of it. Votoms was ultimately about Chirico from episode 1 and never stopped being that.
>>
>>15182802
This >>15187088

Votoms isn't like Gundam or any of these shows. The focus will always be on Chirico and his journey, not about the PS, not about the war. There's no reason to focus on any of these plot points anymore if Chirico isn't part of it.
>>
>>15185676
Fuck off. Some of us actually saw VOTOMS before /m/, and if you weren't as loaded up with hipster pretension as you are with fucking AIDS, you'd realize why it might be enjoyable.

It doesn't have to be shakespeare or Ulysses or something to be enjoyable; it's a mecha cartoon after all, not a profound literary work. It has good music, good mechs, good fights, and a cool setting. What the hell else is there? It's as good as Star Wars, and both are 'stupid' when it comes down to it. Shoot me for liking some action.

I'm tired of you film critic types with your esoteric, hip, neo-geekery crawling all over my Japanimation and telling me I'm a "sheep" for liking Votoms of all things. Just fuck off back to your basement and your autistic BennetTheSage®©™ anime OP breakdown evaluations.
>>
>>15188304
Fuck you, anti-thought hipster. Votoms is great, but you suck.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.