[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dragonar turns 30 today in Japan. How would mecha be different

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 2015-12-08_105041.png (446KB, 584x446px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-08_105041.png
446KB, 584x446px
Dragonar turns 30 today in Japan. How would mecha be different these days had it succeeded in overthrowing Gundam?
>>
>>15180024
>a series on Mars that actually manages to be good
>>
Nothing changes, you'll still have those occasional Sunrise experimental one-ofs that go in the way of "do gundam/dragonar, but in a different direction."
>>
we'd have cool-ass OPs in every mech show
>>
Dragonar was just ZZ but with worse animation and a black guy.

OP was GOAT, though.
>>
>>15180163
But a WAY better story and action sequences. I was shocked as fuck when D-3 utilized jamming and other electronic warfare. That's something you don't see in a lot of mecha today. And Tapp was a bro.

>>15180024
Honestly, nothing much. Even if Dragonar had become the new thing, we might have gotten another series or two about Giganos remnants and other offshoots of space colonists fucking around in Mar or Jupiter. I doubt we'd see a G Gundam version of Dragon or Gundam X.
>>
Will there ever be a decent sub of Dragonar? I'm a pleb and still can't stand HK subs.
>>
>>15180176
Jamming and electronic warfare are almost the entire basis of why UC is the way it is. If it weren't for ECM in UC mobile suits would never have been developed and Newtypes would be irrelevant due to having no advantages.
>>
>>15180441
>Stop treating the garbage as if it was special

As soon as you stop sucking cocks.
Looks like I won't be changing anytime soon.
>>
>>15180184
Learn nihongo to best experience chinese cartoons
>>
>>15180024
It would set a precedent for something else to come along and overthrow it.
>>
>>15180024
The main difference is that you'd probably see the AUs having titles and face designs for the suits of their own, rather than using the Gundam brand. They'd still be clear Gundam derivatives though, and I'd guess some of them, like possibly SEED, still would be Gundam branded.
>>
>>15180486
I know jap and couldn't be bothered to actually finish this show. It's so average.
>>
>>15180024
>Obari will die in your lifetime
I didn't wanted to know this.
>>
>>15181411
Honestly it'd be better if they were.
>>
>>15180417
I'm pretty sure psychic superhumans that are superior in almost every way would have advantages in literally every skilled job.
>>
>>15187707
Oh? How many times have Gundam elements been shoe horned in to be awkward? The masked rival, always gotta have one! Why? It's gundam! Second season gotta be like Zeta! Why? It's Gundam! Main machine must be a Gundam and have a similar colour palette, etc. Why? Gundam.
>>
>>15180024

Dragonar had a problem with its arcs dragging on way too long and the ending seemed so wildly rushed that episodes 47 and 48 seem to directly contradict each other at parts. To be honest it's okay, but nothing terribly special. I imagine it might have become a bit better with some more effort and less wasted episodes.
>>
↑←↑

>>15180475
D E S T R O Y E D

>>15180502
Buddy take your L.
>>
>>15187891

I just remembered and wanted to add one more thing to my complaints: the level of bad comedy, connected with the 'comedic' incompetence of the Giganos soldiers through the travel through America to China arc, made it absolutely impossible for me to take the Giganos Empire seriously as a villainous force. So Dragonar ended up needlessly crippling itself for the sake of a couple of bad comedy skits.
>>
>>15180024
>Dragonar turns 30 today in Japan. How would mecha be different these days had it succeeded in overthrowing Gundam?

You do understand that Dragonar is Gundam without the Gundam ? Instead of having one mobile suit, we have 3. Whoopi dee do. Earth vs Zeon is translated into Earth versus moon empire. What the fuck does it change ? You've got a Char, you've got Char's sister etc...
Most /m/ tards don't get it, but by the mid eighties kids in Japan started not giving a crap about Gundam anymore. That's why Sunrise tried first to create a new franchise based on Dragonar.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.