[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /m/ feel about Transformers Animated's designs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: 256px-TFAnimated_Grimlock.jpg (16KB, 256x339px) Image search: [Google]
256px-TFAnimated_Grimlock.jpg
16KB, 256x339px
How does /m/ feel about Transformers Animated's designs? I was surprised by how good they were, even if they're very cartoony.
>>
>>15175513
>even if
>>
>>15175513
Once you get used to them they're alright, but it can be a bit of a tough pill to swallow early on.
>>
>>15175513
>even if they're very cartoony.

that's the least of the shows problems.

The animation was awful and frankly I got tired of Mary Sue loli very quickly
>>
>>15175513
I consider it Sesame Street mecha little kid crap.
>>
They're very good, especially when you see how they translate into toy designs.
>>
>>15176286
>tfw we'll never have toy engineering as good as tfa again
>>
>>15175513
I love most of the designs and warmed up to the style over time, too bad the animation didn't put them to good use. Many designs appear dynamic and sleek, yet the animation is stiff, choppy and full of off-model moments.

So it's no wonder so many people fucking hated how the show looked.
>>
>>15175513
I sure love GIANT CHINS
>>
File: WarforCybertron-OptimusPrime.jpg (80KB, 500x392px) Image search: [Google]
WarforCybertron-OptimusPrime.jpg
80KB, 500x392px
The love for TFA is strange. People like it but they seem to prefer it without the TFA aesthetics. You can see many references to TFA in later media

>War for Cybertron took many design cues from TFA, including giving Prime a big-dick axe, Prime's transformation, Soundwave's van mode, Megatron's tall shoulders, Slipstream (multiplayer), etc.
>TF:Prime Bulkhead
>IDW and the movie toy of Lockdown
>Lockdown hunting Ratchet in AOE movie
>Arcee's swords
>Ultra Magnus' hammer
>>
>>15176607
And this glorious movie version toy of Lugnut.
>>
File: LockDown-1.jpg~original.jpg (91KB, 800x978px) Image search: [Google]
LockDown-1.jpg~original.jpg
91KB, 800x978px
>>15176611
Reveal the Shield and Hunt for Decepticon is definitely my top favorite line. the engineering and the mixed design are just unique and worked well
>>
>>15176607

It has one of the better stories in the TF franchise with some of the worse artsyle so its not really that surprising. Its earnest in its love of the series that you just cant fault it for going for the potato designs. And going by the JAM project OP, you can still make the designs look badass.
>>
>>15176770
The Jap opening and the stock sequences looked so good, I really wish the rest of the show could have been animated at that quality. The only episode that comes to mind to have standout animation is episode 4. It should have been standard rather than standout.
>>
File: prowl.jpg (118KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
prowl.jpg
118KB, 800x600px
>>15176286
>>15176332
The toys were awesome. Between the movie designs and animated, Takara upped it's game so fucking hard that kids could no longer transform their toys. Now all the shit we see is hollow overpriced unpainted kinder crap. And people wonder why third party TFs have gotten so popular.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.