[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished watching the 7 episodes of Mazinkaiser and fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12

File: mazink.jpg (25KB, 250x355px) Image search: [Google]
mazink.jpg
25KB, 250x355px
Just finished watching the 7 episodes of Mazinkaiser and fuck this shit.

I really hated it, REALLY, it was a bore to watch, there was nothing savable from this experience, no plot, no characters, nothing, even the music was subpar.

So /m/ what do you think about Mazinkaiser, what are the points that you like that I couldn't found nice?
>>
>>15173341
>What are the points that you like
I thought it was really fun, enjoyed the dynamic that the characters all had with each other, especially Boss and Kouji. Animation was gorgeous from start to end and made for some really cool action scenes.
Music was great, can't go wrong with Jam Project and Ichiro Mizuki, even the regular OST has some good shit.
Tetsuya was pretty cool in it as well, even if had to job a few times
>>
Now watch the skl
>>
>>15173341
puto!
>>
>>15173349
for me the regular OST was almost nonexistent, the insert song and the theme song was the only one I would notice, just because it was silent for the most of the time.

Tetsuya was EHH, I dont like him very much, for me he is really generic, Kouji and Fleed are way better MCs than him.

Also the VA of Kouji is really strange, it sounds like he is older than Tetsuya, maybe I am accustomed to Shin Mazinger Koji VA.

>>15173350
still need to watch the ankoku daishogun one...
>>
>>15173341
Good for you anon. Anything else you'd like to tell us?
>>
>>15173341
Dat last episode or two.
>>
>>15173524
>Brace for more anime like Mazinkaiser because the entire Mazinger fanbase shat on Shin so hard and made sure they never get anything similar to it again.

My dad always told me that if it sounds too good to be true, that's because it is. Shin Great never happening I could believe, because that sounds good but not too good to be true. Never getting another anime as bad as Shin Mazinger, that's just too good to be true.
>>
>>15173427
>Also the VA of Kouji is really strange, it sounds like he is older than Tetsuya, maybe I am accustomed to Shin Mazinger Koji VA.
He has a pretty unique voice. He was an old man by the time of Mazinkaiser, but he actually mostly keeps the same performance he had in the original 70s show, aside from his voice breaking with some attack cries. It probably helps he had voiced Kouji recently in several SRW games by that point.

The new voice in Shin Mazinger is fine, but it's just too generic anime hero. I know they wanted to distance themselves from the original anime, but if they couldn't come up with something better they should just have gone with some impersonator.
>>
>>15173341
>even the music was subpar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKfhVrvSxXE

No fuck you.
>>
>>15173896
Meanwhile, Boss, Sayaka and Jun got new VAs for Mazinkaiser and there wasn't a fuss made, so it's funny how that works.

That being said, I hope Tomita and Shibata return to do Dr. Hell and Ashura's male half.
>>
I've tried several times to watch Mazinkaiser, but I always dropped it a couple of episodes in. I just didn't like it. I thought I didn't like Mazinger period until I saw Shin and loved it.

And yeah, Kouji being voiced by an old man because Japan can't handle voice actors changing was pretty fucking stupid.
>>
File: Watched_Expected_Got_MK.jpg (156KB, 900x426px) Image search: [Google]
Watched_Expected_Got_MK.jpg
156KB, 900x426px
>>15173341

Agreed completely. Mazinkaiser was a massive disappointment.

I was hoping Mazinkaiser would be over the top boss awesome like Getter Robo Armageddon, but no. It was just, meh, pretty much exactly the same as Great Mazinger. Like, it may as well have been made in the 70s.

Now Mazinkaiser SKL... that shit was fucking awesome.
>>
>>15173910
I honestly prefer their 'Kaiser VAs over their normal ones.
>>
>>15173958
How about the 'kaiser movie?
>>
>>15173958
>Now Mazinkaiser SKL... that shit was fucking awesome.
Opinion disregarded
>>
>>15173516

Meh. That's not very impressive. It's a weak, anemic orchestral version of Jam Project's "Fire Wars."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYZR0vQY6Jo
>>
File: 1476710482636.jpg (16KB, 187x231px)
1476710482636.jpg
16KB, 187x231px
>>15173950
>Couldn't get into a short ass OVA
>Could get into a show that takes 10 episodes to get interesting
>>
File: Surt [Mazinkaiser].jpg (152KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Surt [Mazinkaiser].jpg
152KB, 720x960px
>>15173961

The same. Weak.

>>15173965

Opinions differ? Unheard of!

Your opinion is retarded? Unsurprising.
>>
>>15173978
There's such a thing as shit opinion and you liking SKL is that.
>>
>>15173910
>Meanwhile, Boss, Sayaka and Jun got new VAs for Mazinkaiser and there wasn't a fuss made, so it's funny how that works.
Sayaka and Jun had pretty generic voices in the first place, and Boss' new voice at least attempted to follow the style of his old one, although it was deeper.

I mean if you're going to use a recast to go for a very different direction, you better have a good reason. Look at the recasts in Lupin III for example, most of them attempted to follow their predecessors - the only big change was Zenigata, who got deeper and tougher voice, which happened alongside his character being portrayed as more competent and less of a joke than before.
>>
>it's another xpic says a series is completely, total, 100% pure shit and dares anyone to prove him wrong thread
>>
>>15173981
If you didn't enjoy anything about SKL you don't belong on this board.
>>
>>15173971
Well, obviously I thought it was interesting before ten episodes in, and Kaiser wasn't interesting. Opinions, man. Mindblowing stuff.
>>
>>15173971
Not them, but the narrator was a gift to mankind.
>>
>>15174031

This x10,000

(is 10,000 the most /m/ number?)
>>
>>15173950
>wanting an awesome VA to reprise one of his most iconic and influential works is stupid
I've seen some shit opinions, but this is pretty bad.
>>
>>15174087
I think the most /m/ number has to have a round 100 in it. There's a hundred mecha with either Zero or 100/Hyaku in their name, so 100,000 is more /m/ than 10,000. It's got more zeroes and more hyakus.
>>
>>15173910
>Meanwhile, Boss, Sayaka and Jun got new VAs for Mazinkaiser and there wasn't a fuss made, so it's funny how that works.

Their voices never really stood out, at least in Sayaka and Jun's cases. Boss' tried to sound as close to the original as he could

>>15173950
>And yeah, Kouji being voiced by an old man because Japan can't handle voice actors changing was pretty fucking stupid.

Ishimaru could still do Kouji's voice pretty damn well when Mazinkaiser OVAs came out. It'd be one thing if he was dead, retired, or just didn't want to do the role again, but that wasn't the case.
>>
>>15174087
>>15174162
How about we go for the middle ground of a million? One million is as many as a hundred ten thousands. And that's 百万.
>>
>>15173341
Maybe hot blood and tits aren't your thing. Have you tried watching legend of the blue wolf anon? That seems right up your a(ss)lley.
>>
>>15173341
My thoughts exactly. Thank you, OP.
>>
>>15173950
Good taste over here.
>>
>>15174124
It was an old man voicing a teenager, and it was obvious. And it sounded bad. To me, anyway.
>>
>>15174589
At least you admit to having shit taste.
>>
File: 1369083956675.png (231KB, 436x512px) Image search: [Google]
1369083956675.png
231KB, 436x512px
OP here, the truth is that Mazinkaiser is REALLY bland, it is the most vanilla mazinger related thing that I ever saw.

There is almost no passion in this, not even from the writers, if you compare to shin or shin mazinger zero so, it is as hot blooded as a puddle in a table, waiting to be clean or evaporated.
>>
>>15174687
Would you stop being such a shitposting faggot? You don't like it. Okay. But don't confuse your dislike of something as discussion. Fuck off.
>>
>>15173899
holy shit somebody translated it at last.
if you guys don't mind i will try to put the video's spanish lyrics in english the best i can.

an eternal battle,
to put this to end right now
even a god, even a demon
i will surpass, together with my ally
Mazinkaiser!

under the sunlight, the imponent hero's figure
his powerful wind streams
destroy everything that touches
majin power!
flows in the warrior
now release it!
FINAL BLADE (KAISER!)

lighting start to fly
and all evil's existence will make dissapear!
a god but a demon too
with the power of justice
rise! kaiser!

after years sleeping
his burning fighting spirit wakes up
the despair he will never forget
his spirit full of pride

a demon's chest
a hero's emblem
now shoot it!
invencible beam! (kaiser!)

an eternal battle,
to put this to end right now
even a god, even a demon
i will surpass, together with my ally
Mazinkaiser!

with your strong fury, strike down!
don't ever let evil stand up again!
a god but a demon too
for the power of justice
rise! kaiser!

lighting start to fly
and all evil's existence will make dissapear!
a god but a demon too
with the power of justice
rise! kaiser!
>>
>>15174702
>invencible
sorry i was meant to say invincible
>>
>>15174691
>REEEEEE STOP HAVING AN OPINION

mate, stop sperging because your favorite anime is complete shit, this is as useless as Roll and Lori in mazinkaiser.
>>
>>15174721
This board is for discussing. You aren't discussing anything. You're just shitposting. Discussing involves talking about specific aspects of a production. Discussion would something like talking about Mazinkaiser adapting 1970s designs into modern animation, not saying "this art is SHIT" or something else equally inane. So take your IT ISN'T TROLLING IT'S MUH OPINION and shove it up your ass.
>>
>>15174721
>bashing kaiser while posting SMZ
I'll be the first to admit kaiser wasn't particularly good or even decent, but your taste is so shit that it makes me question your ability to judge quality.
>>
The fights in SKL were full as fuck and the gunkata was weak as shit.

Jun Kawagoe is just flat-out a bad director.
>>
>>15175591

Its almost like you didnt even watch SKL.

I enjoyed it. My only gripe is that when it slowed down it /really/ slowed down. But it was short lived.

Id give it a solid 8/10.
>>
>>15175993
Actually he did. There;s not a single memorable sequence throughout the entire OVA
>>
File: Mazinkaiser by Jeerawat.jpg (632KB, 819x1150px) Image search: [Google]
Mazinkaiser by Jeerawat.jpg
632KB, 819x1150px
I really have to get around to finishing the OVA.
My problem was that I had recently rewatched Armageddon. So 80% of the time I was just thinking "what would the Getter Team do here?", which just ruined experience for me.

>>15174721
Shin Mazinger Zero is edgy as hell on top of being dumb.
>>
>>15176039
>edgy

it doesnt matter if you say buzzwords, Shin have something that mazinkaiser doesnt, that is a story/characters, this solely is way better than the schlock that is Mazinkaiser.

this is why the Nagai manga version of both Great and Grendizer sucks and the Gosaku Oota doesn't.
>>
I liked the movie because the premise is cool

>For the love of god don't let Kouji get the robot or he'll kill us all

Then he gets Kaiser at the last minute and does kill them all by one shotting them and the movie ends
>>
File: 1451815499923.jpg (152KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451815499923.jpg
152KB, 640x720px
I think my main problem with it is my own fault because right before watching it I read through the mazinger manga and watched all of shin, meaning for some of the stories I had already seen them twice in a row. By the time they came around in mazinkaiser I couldn't feel the same hype since they were so fresh in my memory and I knew what was going to happen. For the parts that weren't just retreads of previous stuff I really enjoyed like the sword fight at the end.
>>
>presenting opinions as facts
>spic posting
>bringing up Tomino/Gundam in a thread about a completely unrelated topic
I see the /m/ shitposting brigade is out in force today
>>
>>15176318
Mazinkaiser has something Shin doesn't as well. In Mazinkaiser, the robot can move without being interrupted by the narrator or a flashback.
>>
>waah why isn't mazinkaiser autistic dragonball gt power level shit
Don't bother reading this thread I just saved you the trouble
>>
File: 1480255368187.jpg (55KB, 702x738px)
1480255368187.jpg
55KB, 702x738px
>>15177387
NO, you don't understand. It's got NOTHING. NO story. NO characters. NO plot. NO music. It's just an empty file that displays a white screen for 12 episodes. There was NO staff. It's the WORST.
>>
>>15176039
>Shin Mazinger Zero is edgy as hell on top of being dumb.

I'll take dumb, edgy fun over boring, redundant non-fun any day of the week.
>>
>>15176679
It's probably one guy doing the spic routine. You shouldn't have aknowledged him considering none of his shitposts got (you)s
>>
File: 1435433578753.png (56KB, 288x370px) Image search: [Google]
1435433578753.png
56KB, 288x370px
>>15177339
Well, I can go walk into my kitchen without being interrupted too, would you prefer to watch me going there or not? The action being shown does not means it is good, or has any meaning or context that makes something good.

>>15177387
>KOUJI DO NOT PILOT THE ROBOT OR YOUR BODY WILL BE DESTROYED
>nothing happens. ever.
>no pain, nothing, also the robot is unbeatable in the worst way
>it is the Ashura fails to win and get the "I am tired of failing "speech again, 3 times in 7 fucking episodes
>>
>>15177470
I'd enjoy watching you walk into the kitchen more than I would enjoy hearing:

>"There he goes! Just as his grandfather said, Anon is taking his first steps toward the kitchen doorway! His feet are pushing onto the ground!"
>"How could that Anon be actually going into the kitchen? When I unearthed the ancient Mycenaean Empire years ago, I could never have foreseen this happening! If he continues to move into the kitchen using the locomotion of his two feet, my plans will surely be ruined!
>>
>>15177603
Anon wouldn't actually make it to the kitchen anyway because the Kurogane Five would have gotten there first.
>>
>mfw did read the nagai version of mazinkaiser
>mfw it has more themes, more better characterization and way more sense in 39 pages than 7 episodes of the anime.
>>
>>15178115
I love how buff he looks.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.