[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished watching Zeta, Unicorn and Thunderbolt Gundam.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 32131.jpg (178KB, 864x1195px) Image search: [Google]
32131.jpg
178KB, 864x1195px
Just finished watching Zeta, Unicorn and Thunderbolt Gundam.

I don't get it.

I thought Zeon were supposed to be the bad guys?
>>
they are

feds are just slightly less evil, think "high school yakuza"
>>
Gundam isnt intended to be black and white on who is good and who is bad, it isnt some goofy kids show with obvious villans. Afterall there are no 'bad' guys in war, just people with different views.
>>
The point of gundam is to realize all humans are pure evil

Prove me wrong. You can't.
>>
>>15170898
Zeon are the noblest people in the universe, and the worst led.
>>
If you watched 0079, you see that even Tomino didn't portray Zeon as completely evil, they were mostly just normal guys that happened to be under the command of the antagonists of the show.

To be certain, there is no doubt that they're the bad guys (the colony drop on NYC is proof enough of that), but it isn't completely clear-cut since you can easily sympathize with the Zeon soldiers as much as you can with the Feddie ones.
>>
They are. They dropped a colony on Earth, gassed one of their own colonies, then tried to kill all Earthnoids in CCA. Gundamfags just like to circlejerk about totally mature and Not For Kids the show is for pretending like Zeon isn't evil
>>
>>15170930
>all humans
*adults
>>
>>15171101
don't you remember a kind old man called mubarak?
>>
>>15170898
>Just finished watching Zeta
Then you should know better than to ask this question.
>>
File: 1417920297609.jpg (139KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
1417920297609.jpg
139KB, 500x522px
>>15170936
>(the colony drop on NYC is proof enough of that)
>NYC
>>
>>15170936
Often *MORE*.
The Zeon soldiers got caught up in the whole propaganda, but that's mainly due to what led to it: they were getting squeezed fucking dry; "taxation without representation", as the americans in here might even recognize...

So you can certainly dislike their leaders; those guys are assholes, but then you've got Darryl, or Oliver May, or Dozle Zabi or Ramba Ral higher up in there.

Meanwhile, on the Fed side, you've got the heroes dealing with the antagonists, and certainly a colony drop isn't a good thing for the people you're protecting... but... you've also got what the Titans went and started doing.

There's good and bad people on each side.
>>
>>15170898
>I thought Zeon were supposed to be the bad guys?
What made you think they aren't?
>>
>>15170927
>it isnt some goofy kids show with obvious villans
Gihren though...
>>
>>15171142
never forget 9/11
>>
>>15171074
Do keep in mind that for space colonies dependent on a certain logistical support, they *were* being starved to death; a slower more painful way to go than colony-dropping.

That's not to say gassing yourself and trying to wipe the other side right back is a good act, though. Just that you can see why the colonies got to the point where it was so easy for someone with ambition and no morals to drive them to atrocity-ville.
>>
>>15171160
That colony drop would've been 9/11 times a thousand.

nine thousand one hundred ten.
>>
>>15171074
Titans gassed a colony too.
>>
>>15171191
Oh and the Titans were such a moral example weren't they!?
Just as good as the Titans doesn't mean it ain't bad.
>>
>>15170927
Zeon is clearly meant to be the villains of the story. The actions they do are a magnitude worse than any sort of corruption the Federation is involved in. Yes, they're not portrayed as irredeemably evil and are shown having legitimate grievances. But just because there are different views doesn't suddenly make those views equivalent, nor does it make the behavior of those people following those two views morally equivalent.

>Afterall there are no 'bad' guys in war, just people with different views.
And this is the silly sort of line that people bring up and then follow with by explaining how the Bombing of Dresden was somehow more or less the same thing as the Holocaust. Not being able to accept different magnitudes of bad behavior isn't a sign of maturity, it's a sign of ignorance.
>>
>>15171208
Never said it wasn't bad. Just pointing out both sides did some very nasty things.
>>
File: 1198687267559.jpg (162KB, 1443x813px) Image search: [Google]
1198687267559.jpg
162KB, 1443x813px
Titans were the real good guys
>>
>>15171225
Hopefully you aren't suppose to believe the Titans are the good guys, the AEUG people are.
>>
>>15171262
> AEUG people are.

Useful idiots controlled by fat cat donors who want to spread chaos so their stocks in the military industrial complex will rise.
>>
>>15171271
that sounds exactly like our good guys
>>
>>15171257
this
tbqh
>>
>>15171271
I'll take useful idiots over genocidal maniacs all day long.

>>15171257
>Paptimus Scirocco
>Titans
The guy played his own game, he even got to kill the founder of the Titans...
>>
>>15171429

He was the same guy just of a younger generation.
>>
File: power stance.jpg (94KB, 771x511px) Image search: [Google]
power stance.jpg
94KB, 771x511px
>>15171257
our guy
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.