[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's been over 8 years since 00S2 started airing, and I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

It's been over 8 years since 00S2 started airing, and I only just realized that a kid gets fucking shot in the head in the first opening.
Honestly that and the 1st two minutes of 00's 1st ep, was something IBOS1 should have had.

You think we'll ever get SOMETHING covering Setsuna's life as a child soldier in the KPSA?
>>
what a way to start off a Gundam show
>>
Setsuna lived a hard life.
I'd rather his backstory be kept ambiguous. We know more than enough of his past from flashbacks. So I think even more material would either contribute nothing, or even ruin him.

Ot would be much better if we got some snippets from the past lives of the bridge crew, or even the other meisters.
>>
>>15170593
The sharp contrast between the grim reality of the beginning of this show and the end of Awakening the Trailblazer is one of the reasons I hate that movie. This was everything that got me into the show, not fucking silver aliens.
>>
>>15170810
Careful with that edge, anon.
>>
>>15170810
I don't mind aliens at all TBQH, what I hated about the movie is the general inability of the staff to make a film - NOT another TV series. It lacks tight direction, has plot points that go nowhere, too much stretching (timewise) for too little story etc.
>>
Why has nothing made after Celestial Being's last stand in S1 made me feel like that last stand?
>>
>>15171002
which plot points went nowhere?
>>
>>15171028
Because I don't think there's been a mecha anime (or even an anime) since 00 that had the stakes of a single battle that were that high for both sides.

You had characters dropping like flies, and our main cast were low on supplies with no reinforcements and had to fight a coalition of world superpowers that came to be just so they could kill them.

It wasn't even a one sided battle which helped a lot in keeping the tension high.

Celestial being may have been up against new units, but their GN drive technology was inferior, and there were only a few squads of GNX's and a mobile armor going up against 3 gundams, a battleship and a mobile armor.

00's S1 climax is one of the best I've ever seen in anime.
>>
>>15170810
Aliens really bring out the worst autism in people, on both ends.

>>15171125
>00's S1 climax is one of the best I've ever seen in anime.
>>
>>15170810
what about setsuna turning into an immortal alien/gundam/human hybrid

I like 00 until I saw the movie
>>
>>15171147
It's okay
>>
>>15171147
>what about setsuna turning into an immortal alien/gundam/human hybrid

Setsuna's whole arc is, much like Aeolia's plan, ultimately about humanity changing, Setsuna is able to let go of his bloody past and move on towards the future, achieving a new-state of being that reflects this. This is similar to mankind uniting as a whole and moving out among the vast sea of stars rather than continuously fighting over Earth's limited. It's not about UNDERSTANDING, it's about humanity getting better as a species in order to achieve new horizons.

I have the strangest urge to watch Star Trek now.
>>
>>15171168

Battletech disagrees with you
>>
>>15170593
>>15170615
Showing his back story would diminish it greatly. Keeping it vague lets the audience make it as terrible as they need it to be.
>>
>>15170593
I find hilarious how, even with his childhood being so brutal and killing his own parents, Setsuna is more functional as a human being than Mika.
>>
>>15171289
It helps he was immediately adopted by CB after that bit iirc.

>>15171168
>It's not about UNDERSTANDING, it's about humanity getting better as a species in order to achieve new horizons.
THANK YOU
>>
trailblazer is fucking kino
>>
>>15170593
How did 00 of all shows end up handling the concept of child soldiers so much more effectively than IBO?
>>
>>15171168
>It's not about UNDERSTANDING, it's about humanity getting better as a species in order to achieve new horizons.
Too bad they completely dropped that theme in favor of "It's a good thing we have the 00 Pixie Dust Machine to UNDERSTANDING the aliens" in the movie.
>>
>>15170593
>waaah I wan gritty child soldier doing brutal things in gundam
yeah about that, it didn't turn out too well for ya all edgy folks did it?
>>
>>15171231
Who the fuck cares about battletech?

>>15171366
Uh-huh.
>>
>>15171368
I don't know about him, but I'm loving Indigent Brutality Overkill.
>>
I wanted to see some Over Flags fighting the new GN units, since supposedly they're the only non-GN units able to keep up with the GN-X series.
>>
>>15171366
AotTB wasn't strictly about change, rather it was set out to complete Setsuna's character arc, as well as establishing how the benefits of change can outweigh the risks and difficulty.

In the end Setsuna leaps headfirst into an uncertain expanse of space, not knowing what may happen to him, nor if he will be able to accomplish his task. Not only that, but he deliberately allows himself to undergo a physical change so as to better communicate with the ELS. He doesn't know if his decision to go to the ELS homeworld will bear fruit of any kind, but he knows it's the right thing to do.

If Setsuna never made the change from pure destroyer to Innovator, if he never sought out ways to end conflict outside of outright destruction, humanity would have been dooomed. Likewise, if humanity never made the effort to unify, the ELS war would have been a slaughter; and Setsuna probably wouldn't have even been able to sortie before Earth was assimilated.
>>
>>15171425
Considering the blood Graham spat out after his fight with the Thrones, its safe to say there's no way an Overflag pilot could come out of that fight still intact. The stress from a quick battle is one thing, but having to keep up with a GN for an extended time would be near death.
>>
>>15171319
Background research and not downplaying the brutality
>>
>>15171144
>>00's S1 climax is one of the best I've ever seen in anime.
okay I oversold it a bit, but it's still very good.
>>
>>15172342
Right.
>>
>>15171319
Easy.

Setsuna's time as a child soldier served as his character's background, which allowed the show to present it and it's effects on Setsuna as horrifying as it needed to be. IBO, otoh, has it's protagonists as child soldiers in a PMC. This causes some issues with tone as the show wants us to cheer for them, which causes IBO to downplay some of the more disturbing aspects in order to keep itself marketable.
>>
>>15172381
>otoh
Really now?
>>
>>15170593
IBO also had kids getting shot in the head in the first episode. Just wasn't nearly as brutal.
>>
>>15172425
IBO is like a teenager that wants to appear edgy but really a faggot inside.

The director wants to show them as awesome characters, wielding oversized weapons bashing their enemies on the way and always winning one-sided battles without or with few manageable casualties. Even the odds are not against them.
>>
>>15172425
>>15172492
Not to mention that season 2 is all about cliffhangers and expectation but nothing really happened so far.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.