[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does it ever depress you that despite every attempt by characters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: 1312680313986.jpg (1MB, 1680x1151px) Image search: [Google]
1312680313986.jpg
1MB, 1680x1151px
Does it ever depress you that despite every attempt by characters in the UC the events in Victory Gundam occur, and then the Black History occurs? It's sad that despite everyone from Amuro to Banagher being optimistic about the future, you know that the fighting never ends and the soldiers keep getting younger until you get a fucking thirteen year old main character, and then the Moonlight Butterfly occurs and humanity is fucked for potentially thousands of years. Ultimately everything the protagonists do is useless to end the fighting.
>>
>>15169214
In a way. Though, I'm more inclined to think that having so many continuing sequel series in general was just a mistake. I realize that the later series had their own audience, but that's all the more reason it strikes me as redundant that they exist in the same timeline. It's odd to me that the wars continue as they do to the extent that they do, but maybe that's the point.

Either way I rarely think of, say, Victory Gundam in direct relation to where CCA left off. I do think it lends that much to the story.
>>
I think if Amuro and Banagher could stop war temporarily. There will come a day where one could stop it permanently.
>>
>>15169214
>Banagher being optimistic about the future
Banagher's goal was half-realized.
He wanted to also kill off the "zeonic spirit" that kept on bringing zeonic ideologies back as a reason for war.
This is symbolized with Char's "excorcism".
He was also just trying to free Mineva from being a political tool so he could fuck her.
>>
That's just the way of the world. There will always be war
>>
Who cares as long as I got gunpla out of it.
>>
>>15169214
>Does it ever depress you that despite every attempt by characters in the UC the events in Victory Gundam occur, and then the Black History occurs?
Not really.
Then again I like to treat each work as standalone and as it references prior events its lore is enriched and contextualized.
As far as Tomino Gendoom goes, I'd honestly consider having someone watch Victory first then work their way back.
The only stuff I'd say you should watch in order would be 0079->Zeta->CCA.
Weird, I know, but somehow Victory is just easy to get into and I think if you can dig Victory you'll like the rest of his work.
Only problem is that it's all downhill after Victory.

>>15169404
>Mechafan-RX-78-2
It was before your time, but there used to be a beloved friend of /m/.
The name he preceded his tripcode with was RX782. The trip of course was !6lD87ltadQ.
Yes, this was the legendary individual behind [EG].

I know yours is similar, but after he passed beyond the time, most of /m/ sorta felt like we should retire the title. You probably haven't caught much flak because they aren't *too* similar, but I think it's a little disrespectful. Especially considering the impactful legacy he imparted upon this board, and really the entire current generation of mecha, and particularly Gundam fans.
>>
>>15169464
Bro, I'm still here, you should check the G-Gundam thread too...
>>
>>15169482
Dammit
>>
>>15169456
this.
>>15169214
And eventually there's the Great Calamity. The world just gets shittier as it goes on, it's a fact of life.
>>
>>15169464
Alright, then I guess I can be respectful and change it.
>>
>>15169214
Just like real life.........
>>
>>15169464
Also I'm curious. Why is he so loved? I myself never heard of him. Because thus far nobody has mentioned my name was similar to RX782.
>>
>>15169558
He's [EG]. The guy who encodes high quality Blu Ray rips of your favorite mecha shows.
>>
>>15169432
>He was also just trying to free Mineva from being a political tool so he could fuck her.

There's a Char joke here but Im not gonna make it
>>
>>15169456
/thread
>>
>>15169214
And this is why I think Axis should've been dropped combined with the Side Co-Prosperiity Sphere afterward. Dragging out the Space-Earth conflict for so long, destroyed more lives in the long run and ultimately led to the collapse of human civilization.
>>
>>15169214
Nope, I consider CC to be its own self-contained AU due to the numerous issues and inconsistencies that crop up regarding the Dark History. Turn A is a more lighthearted show than many of its predecessors, so excusing how the same names keep popping up is easy. Just don't take it too seriously. Through the lenses of UC or AW, though, it doesn't work as well.

Plus with RG, the timeline placement of Turn A just doesn't work.
>>
>>15169566
Really? Can you give some examples?
>>
>>15171023
https://www.nyaa.se/?user=13874
>>
>>15169214
>Does it ever depress you
No, because in both G-Reco and Turn A they stop the fighting by themselves. There's always going to be hope.
>>
File: 1486144780486.jpg (417KB, 872x582px) Image search: [Google]
1486144780486.jpg
417KB, 872x582px
>>15169214
at least the moon records in turn A had info on windmill gundams and funseiki (or however you spell it)...windmill gundam is most important mecha ever
>>
>>15171023
Different anon, I wouldn't worry about it. And he still rears his head from time to time. >>15130963
But I think this is his last gig, for real.

Worst that happens is someday someone tells you to rip a bluray for them.
>>
>>15169558
That's because people like myself, who otherwise might tell you, just filter you and hope you'll go away.
>>
>>15169558
I always wanted to tell you to fuck off and change your name, but I figured it would be super autistic to white knight some dude with a wife.
>>
File: Rx-78-2.jpg (211KB, 428x650px) Image search: [Google]
Rx-78-2.jpg
211KB, 428x650px
No cause it means more mobile suits and more asteroid mining. What Amuro and the other hippies don't understand is that war fuels human progress. And when those fucking aliens come we'll be prepared. With fucking gundams.
Also it means more shows. Which is always cool.
>>
>>15171029
That's awesome! No wonder why he's such a cool dude.
>>
It kinda depressed me watching Unicorn the scenes with Noa Bright and the pic of Amuro on his office wall. The UC has a timeless feel and animation style I don't feel that they will abandon it
>>
>>15171886
I was sad that Bright's original VA is gone forever and that they had to recast someone else for his role in Unicorn.
>>
>>15169214

I thought the perpetual violence was indicative of Humanity failing to learn it's lesson and Humanity and New Types failing to find peace?

From what I've seen, there were plenty of chances to end the violence ages ago, but nobody seems to want to or lets personal ambition or revenge get in the way of doing so.
>>
File: 1483817729041.webm (3MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483817729041.webm
3MB, 1440x1080px
>>
>>15172468
That looks clean af.

Also, Sochie best girl.
>>
>>15171954
even newtypes can fail to understand each other or choose to override the UNDERSTANDING with something else

tl;dr char/FF were """right""" in that they judged humanity not worthy but then you have the other side being right as well with striving to be worthy. gundam never gives us a definitive answer since it's supposed to reflect reality i guess but unicorn leaves us on a very optimistic note. but we know that later on in the UC wars still happen and newtypes are still rare and human nature doesn't change. maybe the final message is we are meant to be this way, with our natural instincts of hate/love war/peace always in cycle and ebbing and flowing and shit.

idk im a little drunk.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.