[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did the Federation bother with the GM Type C when the Command

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 61ZdVGA7aUL._SL1500_.jpg (82KB, 1500x1235px) Image search: [Google]
61ZdVGA7aUL._SL1500_.jpg
82KB, 1500x1235px
Why did the Federation bother with the GM Type C when the Command already existed? Considering how similar they are in terms of capability, the Type C seems a bit redundant
>>
Perhaps the federation needed some sort of simple foot trooper type Gm. Something easy to pilot and cheaper to produce.
>>
>>15166643
To sell you a toy.
>>
Because the GM Kai/Type C is supposed to be the next standard GM. Better enough in some areas to surpass the original GM while not being overly costly. The Command was just that, a unit for commanders only.
>>
File: g362f.jpg (59KB, 575x600px) Image search: [Google]
g362f.jpg
59KB, 575x600px
>>15166643

I feel the same way about the GM Cannon II. Really, why bother dressing up GM Customs as Guncannon MPs when there were surely dozens of them sitting around collecting dust after the OYW?
>>
File: 058.jpg (1MB, 2428x3364px) Image search: [Google]
058.jpg
1MB, 2428x3364px
The GM Command is a machine that has a slightly different frame and body compared to a regular GM, whereas the GM C type is supposed to be very similar to the regular GM. Also, both suits existed at around the same time, the C type is not a post-war model.

While the GM Command does have slightly better specs than the GM C type, the fact that the GM frames built and developed by the Federation's Augusta base (Cold climate type, Command and Command space types) were only available in small numbers while the more compatible GM C type was in larger scale production at Jaburo and and Luna II, means that the GM C type would win out. Also, the C type works in both space and land while the GM Command needed a refit backpack making it the Command space type to operate in zero gravity.

>>15167036
GM Cannon II is on a whole different level compared to the MP Guncannon. For one, the GM Cannon II fires beams instead of shells. The armor is also much sturdier next generation stuff based on the Alex's full armor. The Kampfer's shotgun rounds went right through the Guncannon MP whereas the GM Cannon II was able to soak up some 90mm gunfire and it didn't do a lot of damage.
>>
>>15166971
This desu
>>
>>15167036
aside from >>15167200, the GM cannon also has a more roundabout arsenal (finally gets a shield and beam saber). Also, I'm fairly certain the GM cannon is a bit faster.
>>
>>15167200
>For one, the GM Cannon II fires beams instead of shells

Huh, I did not know this was a limitation of the MP Guncannon. That's really weird given its prototype brethren fired beams like every Federation MS. And physical rounds, I can't imagine being any cheaper to arm than energy weaponry lol.

>>15167512
>(finally gets a shield and beam saber)

Really, those should have been standard features to begin with, but ah well.
>>
>>15167531
>Huh, I did not know this was a limitation of the MP Guncannon.
Well, we never got to see the MP Guncannon do anything on screen other than get shot out of the air. Specs say it has 200mm cannons, not that they're a beam type or anything. One of the stronger reasons to conclude that they're shell firing cannons are that they have hydraulic recoil cylinders just above the cannon barrels. That's something that a shell firing cannon would have, not one that fires beams.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydraulic_recoil_mechanism

>That's really weird given its prototype brethren fired beams like every Federation MS.
No? The RX-77-2 from MSG also fired shells. I can understand how it'd be confusing since MSG's animation was vague most of the time by depicting the shots as pink streaks like beams, but on paper and on databooks the different Guncannon variants were almost all equipped with shell-firing cannons, calibre measuring in the 240mm range. Only the final Guncannon variant was given a beam cannon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUofbRVprZk

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/m-msv/rx-77-1a.htm
>2 x cannon, variable independent-fire/fire-linked

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/msgundam/rx-77-2.htm
>2 x 240mm cannon, variable independent-fire/fire-linked, 20 round magazine each

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/msv/rx-77-3.htm
>240mm cannon, mounted on backpack over shoulders

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/msv/rx-77-4.htm
>beam cannon, mounted on right shoulder
>>
File: the red motorist.jpg (407KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
the red motorist.jpg
407KB, 960x540px
>>15166643
ITT: OP learns that everything in Gundam is made to make you buy more plastic.
>>
>>15166643
if you want the Watsonian explanation see >>15167003, for the Doylist one it's fairly simple, it like most War In The Pocket designs(besides the Hygogg, Kampfer, Guncannon MP, and Alex) weren't originally intended to be new distinct units, they were meant to be full on redesigns of the original MS Gundam designs(as seen in that one OYW history book that came out around the same time as 0080)
>>
HGUC RGM-79Q
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.