[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys feel about vents? Ignore the "brand-new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: blue destiny zero okawara 1.jpg (637KB, 1193x1500px) Image search: [Google]
blue destiny zero okawara 1.jpg
637KB, 1193x1500px
How do you guys feel about vents?

Ignore the "brand-new design", this is from a manga from 2015.
>>
File: blue destiny zero okawara 2.jpg (724KB, 1018x1500px) Image search: [Google]
blue destiny zero okawara 2.jpg
724KB, 1018x1500px
Seems like they're cooling vents and not for thrusters. Not sure why the knees and skirt need cooling.

Not sure why the design needs massive weak spots in the armor.
>>
>>15165186
I hate when vents are on the front or sides of the machine, they're huge weakpoints in the armor, Zeon could've destroyed the RX-78-2 by just machine gunning it's chest until shells wen't through the vents and fucked up everything behind them, and don't even get me started on the F91.

They should be on the top or rear of the torso like the vents on tanks, that'd use up the burning space next to the collar on most federation designs, and allow for a more sharply angled, badass looking chest.

On most designs they look kinda shit, especially the one OP posted, they stick out way too far from the rest of the machine and don't make sense, WHY DO THE FRONT SKIRTS NEED MASSIVE HEAT VENTS???
>>
I like the color scheme of the new unit. I like the look of the vents on the chest and knees, but on the front skirt and arms seems a little excessive. I'm guessing this is a suit that can run EXAM non-stop or something to avoid getting hit, thus the large vents to cool the system. And you don't need armor if you can't get hit right?
>>
that looks like shit compared to every other blue destiny unit.
>>
>>15165191
>Not sure why the design needs massive weak spots in the armor.

Yeah right, at least they're hard to hit than the 2 classic gigantic cooling vents on the fucking breast (the only thing missing is a banner saying "hit me here please"!) of the mobile suite. And those have been with us since 1979.
>>
>>15165214
>I'm guessing this is a suit that can run EXAM non-stop or something to avoid getting hit, thus the large vents to cool the system.
It's called the BD-0 so this is a prototype unit that had the exam system before the other three Blue Destiny units. Also, it's a GM's body and not a Ground Gundam like the rest. Seems like they just went overboard on the cooling just in case.

Apparently the reason why BD-1 has a GM head is because when they were done with this RGM-79BD-0, they moved the BD-0's head over to the Ground Gundam that they modified into the BD-1.
>>
>>15165228
>Yeah right, at least they're hard to hit than the 2 classic gigantic cooling vents on the fucking breast (the only thing missing is a banner saying "hit me here please"!) of the mobile suite. And those have been with us since 1979.
Why are they harder to hit when this thing still has the chest cooling vents AND extra cooling vents everywhere that no other suit has?
>>
>>15165186
Did this suit actually make it out of the testing grounds and get actual battlefield usage?

If it's just a prototype for the BD-1 it makes sense that it's a piece of shit that was never meant to see actual combat.

The aesthetic of vents doesn't really bother me as much as their utterly random placement. Chest vents? Fine. Wrist vents? Knee vents? What the hell is this thing doing that requires so much cooling?

The skirt isn't even attached to the rest of the machine, it's just armour, that doesn't need vents.
>>
>>15165252
From what I found on a thread at Mechatalk, it was non-combat so the only weapon it had were the head machine guns.
>>
>>15165191
>>15165186
I like vents but the vent placement on that suit makes no sense.
C'mon Okawara, what is this mess.
>>
>>15165186
>Ignore the "brand-new design", this is from a manga from 2015.

What is it with Okawara? He hasn't changed at all since the 80s. I can't think of any other designer who has been in such a catatonic state of design.
>>
>>15165186
>How do you guys feel about vents?

Aren't they kind of useless on machines meant for space combat?
>>
>>15165322
>Aren't they kind of useless on machines meant for space combat?
for cooling yes, AMBAC is probably their main purpose on Space units
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.