[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Zeon rolled out Gelgoog 3 months earlier >but Alex made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: gook.png (333KB, 801x429px) Image search: [Google]
gook.png
333KB, 801x429px
>Zeon rolled out Gelgoog 3 months earlier
>but Alex made it to Amuro
who will win the One Year War?
>>
>>15164769
>another machine for random oldtypes vs a machine specifically designed with Amuro in mind
More GMs would get shot down, but the Feddies would still win.
>>
>>15164769
The White Base gets destroyed on the way to Luna II and Zeon wins the war.
>>
So Char already has a Gelgoog with a beam rifle and the Gundam is nothing special (only slightly better overall than Gelgoog).

There's a big chance that Amuro could get shot down in his first battle. As I recall, Char was surprised and annoyed that his Zaku's machine gun wasn't doing anything to the Gundam, so he was able to land shots on Amuro. Luna titanium can't block beams that well.
>>
>3 months earlier

Gelgoogs at Jaburo and Odessa. Garma could also possibly have Gelgoogs as well if he specifically requested them (which being part of the Zabi family could easily have been arranged).

Alex would only get to Amuro after Solomon.

I think Zeon has a better shot this time.
>>
Zeon would win just because they would have more aces alive and a dead Amuro. In saying that, Amuro didn't make a difference in the long run.
>>
>>15164791
I think Gelgoog actually have higher spec than Gundam
>>
>>15164811
The only thing that's better is reactor output, which goes unused because the regular Gelgoog doesn't have any equipment that can use the surplus energy. The Gelgoog B and C types do have additional thrusters or weapons to make use of that surplus energy.

Anyway, comparing the two, the Gelgoog has weaker thrust-to-weight and acceleration, less effective armor, and equivalent weapons.
>>
>>15164769
Wasn't it said if the Gelgoogs were mass produced 3 months earlier, in all likelihood Zeon could've won?

One ace in a marginally better suit can't turn an entire war around.
>>
>>15164769
If Gelgoog is 3 months earlier, why wouldn't Amuro get the Pixie before Odessa?
>Matilda still alive, resupplying White Base with the latest tech throughout the earth campaign.
>>
>>15164826
Are thrusters in UC powered by the Minovsky reactors? I always thought they used standard propellant and the power from the reactor went to motor manipulation/reaction and weapons.
>>
>>15164769
It's a humanity-wide civil war. Amuro being in a somewhat stronger robot wouldn't be enough to counteract Zeon being that much superior to the Federation in tech that early.

Amuro's rifle has like 16 rounds in it. Maybe if it was Amuro piloting one of those overpowered MAs or Zeong or something where you've got this seemingly inexhaustible beam spam going on, you'd see him killing enough shit to effect the entire war.
>>
>>15164769
>The Gundam is destroyed before Amuro can even make it stand
>White Base is shot down soon after
>White Base's impact on the war (killing Garma Zabi, killing numerous aces, stopping Elran and the nuclear missile at Odessa, using the Gundam's data to improve GMs) is eliminated
>The Federation now has to field their ground-types against Gelgoogs, not just Zakus
I can't see the Feddies coming out on top. Everything goes much worse for them at every turn.
>>
>>15164769
Zeon may have the superior weapons of war, but there skills in military science is completely abysmal, with the exception of Char.
>>
>>15164949
They do use propellant, but propellant, fuel, and power source aren't necessarily the same thing.

What we're using in real life is chemical rocket technology. Our rockets rely on a chemical reaction to heat up propellant and expel it as thrust. The rocket technology in UC Gundam utilizes nuclear power, it's called nuclear thermal rocket technology. In UC they use the heat from a minovsky nuclear reactor to heat propellant, which is supposed to be much more efficient and capable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_thermal_rocket
http://www.ultimatemark.com/gundam/power.html

The main energy that a nuclear reactor produces is heat. Electricity is generated by using that heat energy to boil some liquid or gas which is forced through a turbine that spins a generator.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_reactor#Electrical_power_generation

That means that generating electricity requires heat. Heating up propellant also requires heat. Both weapons and thrusters both require energy from the reactor, and are competing for it. Obviously, if you use up the heat to power the thrusters, maybe that means there isn't as much heat energy going into electricity generation system, so maybe there's less electricity to power that beam weapon.

That's why certain UC mobile suits are said to still have trouble powering beam weapons even when they have certain reactor power rating, and other suits with lower reactor output can already use a beam rifle. E.g. the Dom has a 1269 kW reactor powering its thrusters and the leg's hoverjet systems and a weak beam flare weapon in the chest, compared to GM with reactor rated at 1250kW which can power a beam spray gun or beam sabre, but only has normal legs and thrusters.

There isn't a specific magic kW number for powering both beam weapons and thrusters, it's just made up technical fluff, but it's a fairly reasonable explanation for how it works.
>>
>>15164769
Man, it's about economics. Zeon would loose anyway
>>
>>15164769
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:www.ultimatemark.com/gundam/timeline.php?year=0079

According to databook fluff, the Gelgoog design was completed in August 0079, but production only started in October and Gelgoog beam rifle mass production didn't start until November.

Seems like they were holding back the Gelgoog because they didn't think it was worth fielding unless it had beam weapons.

So if we're considering OP's case, do they have beam weapons or not?
>>
File: 300px-Luce.jpg (20KB, 300x281px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Luce.jpg
20KB, 300x281px
Thoroughbred and G04/G05 take Amuro's place.
Luce's time to shine.
>>
>>15165163
The reason some MS can use beam weapons and others can't is down to how much electricity they can generate. The listed kW values are thermal, but early MS didn't have much electrical generation to tap that. That's from one of the RX-78-2 MG manuals, apparently.

Fuck knows why they bother having a high-power reactor at all then. I guess they can use more thrust? It also means that the reactor numbers we keep getting are kind of useless since they never list the electrical output for any MS, which is supposed to be the important one for beam weaponry.
>>
>>15165260
Source on the kW being thermal instead of electrical? I know it's possible to express heat as watts.. but for nuclear reactors you never get to convert 100% of the heat produced by a reactor into electricity... so that means mobile suit reactors produce even -less- electricity than thought.

I mean, if anyone thought it was silly that a mobile suit could operate on say 1000kW of electricity (and we all know a number like that is laughably small) then it's even sillier because if that 1000kW is thermal instead of electrical, then that means the electricity generated from that is much less, around only 1/3rd to 1/2th...
>>
>>15164769

The Federation.

The One Year War was a total warfare, it was the population of the Federation vs. the population of Zeon and when they are measured against one another the Federation simply had more. Zeon's only saving grace was its advanced technology and as soon even a semblance of parity was reached Zeon lost that absolutely critical force multiplier.

So, Zeon had to maintain its technological edge in order to be competitive, however their research was unfocused. This unfocused research produced unique weapons and specialized assembly lines, which consumed incredible investments in resources and time. This places an incredible stress on the support network in both supplies and personnel; and for a military machine that must prize efficiency above all else its a critical blunder.

This is why the Federation won: simple manufacturing, simple maintenance, simple training.

"You cannot stop me, I spend 30,000 lives a month." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.