[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys think that they could make a good wargame similar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

File: 787727.png (470KB, 594x592px) Image search: [Google]
787727.png
470KB, 594x592px
Do you guys think that they could make a good wargame similar to warhammer/warhammer 40K based on the Gundam franchise.
>>
>>15158792
Just make a OYW tabletop with mobile suits and ships and I'll be happy with it
>>
>>15158792
144 scale tabletop game. should be extremely easy to make something up
>>
>>15158925
The resident Gundam nut on staff at my local HobbyTown has been trying to get game groups together for this "Gundam Skirmish" thing: https://donkusgaming.wordpress.com/2016/03/05/mobile-suit-gundam-skirmish-ver-1-3/

Not sure how they'll reconcile players' faction preferences, though. I'll probably exhume some snapfit HG 00 kits for help with the playtesting, then make a Build Fighter cadre out of my painted stuff if that's the route we decide to take.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRkfPJCWUT0
>>
File: Gundam-shipsfix.jpg (860KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam-shipsfix.jpg
860KB, 1280x1024px
>>15158792
You could always make something off the extensive space battle aspect of Gundam.
Space is the main battleground of the franchise, after all and you have quite a few actually good games to draw inspiration from in the TT sphere.

>Good wargame
>similar to Warhammer

Warhammer is not a good wargame, it is carried solely by its lore and aesthetics, the gameplay is pretty bad.
>>
File: Looted_Gundam.jpg (88KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Looted_Gundam.jpg
88KB, 600x600px
>>15158792
>>
>>15158792
Space Hulk with Gundams?
>>
File: CIMG6988.jpg (117KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
CIMG6988.jpg
117KB, 1024x768px
>>15159563
By the Ethereals!
>>
難しいだろウォーハンマー40kはスケールは約1/48だ日本では一番スケールが中途半端で集めにくい、しかも1/60よりデカイ、歩兵とどう連携をとるか?とかまだ別作品のほうがましに見える
>>
>>15158792
http://www.dp9.com/jovianchronicles

They did, just with the serial numbers filed off.
>>
>>15159862
was actually just gonna mention this, they're also coming out with a new edition which focuses more on fleet level engagements.
>>
Hopefully not like 40k but rather like an actually good game.
>>
There's a whole show that revolves around fighting the gunpla you build. You'd think Bandai would have created their own official tabletop game using their gunpla kits. Maybe those trading cards they have could just be like MS stat cards and Pilot stat cards for such a game.
>>
>>15160385
>You'd think Bandai would have created their own official tabletop game using their gunpla kits
LBX used to have those.
Well, sort of, with those hexagonal barrel die thing. Did anybody else even noticed that back then?
>>
Why not base it off the mechwarrior game instead
>>
>>15160409
Battletech is fun but a very, very flawed wargame all around. It's unbalanced, lengthy, has a massive issue with feature creep, abysmal building rules for custom units and on and on...

It's why if people want to do mechs and TT, they use homebrewed stuff instead of using BTech.
>>
>good game
>Warhammer
Fuck, mate.
I play 40k, I love 40k, but the game is trash. Just trash.

I can see it now:
P-Bandai minis win in OVERWHELMINGLY disproportionate frequencies.

I'd probably still play a GM list.
>>
>good game
>Warhammer
Fuck, mate.
I play 40k, I love 40k, but the game is trash. Just trash.

I can see it now:
P-Bandai minis win in OVERWHELMINGLY disproportionate frequencies.

I'd probably still play a GM list.
>>
>>15159156

I've played with all of the testers present in the guide in that page and I can say with all the confidence in the world that it is shit.

The game is horribly unbalanced, they can't make a good terrain map for the life of them, half of the rulebook is completely ignored and everyone is constantly trying to make these shitty OC don't steal suits while disregarding what the actual suits can do.

Originally they used to play two to three times a week but now it's once a month and only two or three people show up.
>>
>>15159548
>>15160563
I only said similar to warhammer in the broadest strokes i.e. miniatures, turn base, etc. and I only use it as an example since like it or not its probably one of the most popular war game, now whether or not its any good is a different can of worms I was hoping not to open
>>
>>15158792
>What is Jovian Chronicles and Mobile Frame Zero

You can make Gundam wargames out of both systems m8, even with standard HG.
>>
>>15158918
>>15158925
Literally Google "Gundam table top game". There are plenty of results.

Also I've been told that the 1/440 scale Gundam figures are actually part of an official table top game.
>>
File: IMAG0082.jpg (1MB, 3264x1952px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0082.jpg
1MB, 3264x1952px
>>15161812
Mobile Frame Zero owns.
>>
>>15161812
Heavy Gear, made by the same company that makes Jovian Chronicles and even uses the same system, is 1/144 scale.

The minis are just way smaller than an HG model kit because the bots are way fucking smaller. Like VOTOMS size.
>>
File: retaliation.png (1MB, 1418x708px) Image search: [Google]
retaliation.png
1MB, 1418x708px
>>15161931
I cannot be the only person stoked for the new JC fleet scale game right?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-31-18-27-40.png (305KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-31-18-27-40.png
305KB, 1080x1920px
there is a facebook group with translated documentation of the official bandai gundam miniatures game
>>
>>15163307
I'm not. Fleet scale doesn't really interest me.
>>
>>15163307
>>15163924
It should have gone the X-Wing/Armada rout, with a fleet scale title and a squad scale title produced parallel to each other.
>>
>tfw if they ever did they'd ignore late uc, turn a, and g-reco even those series have the best designs and factions
>>
>>15164958
I would have loved that. Most likely they didn't as they're still kinda on shaky footing. Heavy Gear is helping but I gotta imagine they're not exactly in the most stable shape.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.