[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've watched the Heisei Gamera trilogy and Gamera the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 71en3bkckoL._SL1403_.jpg (182KB, 1403x1356px) Image search: [Google]
71en3bkckoL._SL1403_.jpg
182KB, 1403x1356px
So I've watched the Heisei Gamera trilogy and Gamera the Brave. While I know the Heisei movies (particularly the second one) are one of the best kaiju films out there, the latter has a special place in my heart because baby turtles are cute.

How are the pre-Heisei Gamera?
>>
>>15156292
Very, very silly.
>>
>>15156299
how silly

all I know is the gif of him doing a gymnast spin
>>
>>15156303
About as silly as post-54 Showa Godzilla got, if not more.
>>
Have you seen any Showa toku before?
If so that answers your question. Stay far away and pretend it doesn't exist.
>>
>>15156292
>How are the pre-Heisei Gamera?
If you like baby turtles you will probably like them
>>
File: 1481058537524.jpg (25KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1481058537524.jpg
25KB, 400x462px
>>15156359
>he doesn't like Showa toku
>>
File: monster zero godzilla foot.jpg (81KB, 1200x510px) Image search: [Google]
monster zero godzilla foot.jpg
81KB, 1200x510px
>>15156359
Old Gamera is fun in its own goofy way and not devoid of genuine unironic merits, but acting as if stuff like the Honda & Tsuburaya stuff like Godzilla and whatnot, Daiei's own Daimajin or the showa Ultra series at their best are directly comparable is silly as fuck. The main thing they have in common is that the effects are not "realistic" but the more serious productions (not necessarily in terms of tone but effort, budget & skill) are on a whole other level.
>>
File: CpxyDjfWYAEbXQ0.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
CpxyDjfWYAEbXQ0.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>>15157319
Something like Gamers vs Guiron you mostly watch to laugh at how silly it is but then something like Rodan has a ton of cinematographic merit.
>>
>>15157019
>>15157319

Is this where le wrong generation pretends to enjoy things made decades before they were born?
>>
>>15156292
>How are the pre-Heisei Gamera?
Showa Gamera is both really silly, and also surprisingly violent
>>
>>15157390
I'm an 80's born
>>
>>15157390
>pretends to enjoy things
>me head is so far up my own ass that if someone enjoys something I don't like, the only rationale that me pea brain can come up with is that they are pretending, so that neckbeards on /m/ will like them more? I guess?

Old movies are good tho
>>
50s and 60s = the golden age of toku
70s = the ice age of toku
>>
>>15158045
It has to do with enjoying old (25+ year old) toku and claiming they're worth watching today for a modern audience.
Have you honestly never heard /krg/'s thoughts on the matter.
>>
>>15159116
>Have you honestly never heard /krg/'s thoughts on the matter.
/krg/ here, your shit bait got you mocked back in Summer to the point people thought you stopped coming on because you had to go back to school
>>
>>15159116
>It has to do with enjoying old (25+ year old) toku and claiming they're worth watching today for a modern audience.

I know exactly what you meant, it was not like, too complicated an idea. I didn't misinterpret it. If you think something isn't worth watching because it was made before you were born, you're an idiot.
>>
>>15157390
>>15159116
I'm from /krg/, you're a fucking retard.

If anyone's pretending to like anything it's the most shallow cunt ITT (you).
>>
>>15159116
Don't you have some anime to ironically stream on your iPhone 7, kid?
>>
though I must say, his first outing in the movie is really corny compared to Godzilla's.
>>
>>15159255
>>15159556
Nice false flagging
>>
>>15160262
>It's false-flagging when people actually from the group I'm randomly bringing up to cause arguments call me out, but when I randomly bring up those groups I'm perfectly innocent!
I wish we built a physical wall and a firewall around Brazil so we'd never have to see shitposts from you again
>>
now that Shin Godzilla was so popular, will the new movie actually happen?
>>
>>15161307
That thing with the kid and the Gyaoses was just a bit of hype to get investors on board like the Ultraman and the Gaiking things as far as I know.

If we get as far as another Legendary Godzilla without any movement I would call it DOA.
Maybe it could be revived on a Shin sequel doing a lot of money, but if the success of Shin wasn't enough to get it going I'm not sure exactly what would.
>>
>>15161307
How is Shin Godzilla compared to Godzilla 54?
>>
>>15161620
it's longer
>>
>>15161620
Similar tone, but approached differently. Not as good as 54 but it's definitely worth a watch.
>>
>>15161526
Wait, so it wasn't a teaser and more of a demo? Fuck.

Also I heard Kuuga's director would have been doing a scrapped movie. Would've been nice to see Cool Guy Gamera.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.