[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are common /m/ courtesy? I know that you shouldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 13

what are common /m/ courtesy? I know that you shouldn't attack a combining mecha that is combining
>>
Always pre-arrange radio frequencies with your enemy so that you can have ideological debates while you dogfight.
>>
Never interrupt a monologue unless you were already fighting, then >>15156139 applies.
>>
>>15156128
I always found this "trope" ironic, given that the first combiner mecha regularly got attacked during mid-combination and actually accounted for it.
>>
Don't attack small monsters with a mech, unless they already turned into giants. Even then though, there are exceptions (e.g. the time Change Robo punched away Ahames' squad).
>>
>>15156128
Do not transform into your superpowered alter ego until you try beating the enemy without it first.
>>
>>15156150
isn't there usually a karmic retribution if you try to do that
>>
>>15156128
Don't go around legging all the assault mechs three times your size, they'll probably vote kick you if keep doing it.

Yeah you field a light mech with nothing but a gauss rifle for taking out knee joints but it's not a way to make friends.
>>
>>15156143
what was the first combiner mech?
>>
>>15156176
Only if the monster at the other end is too strong to beat that way, depending on the circumstance, like Fear Beast Kemp.
>>
If the main bad guy is piloting a super robot, the last remaining portion will transform into an escape ship.
>>
>>15156234
>things that never happened
>>
>>15156128
Corollary: Never attack a villain when he is monologuing or doing a speech.

Funny enough common courtesy seems to go both ways, since heroes are also allowed to monologue and give speech without being attacked.
>>
File: 452315.png (256KB, 581x480px) Image search: [Google]
452315.png
256KB, 581x480px
>>15156128
Your last words before you die will always be
>HA-HAYAII
>Incoherent screaming or death wail
>GUNDAM
>Philosophical monologue or debate lasting a minute or so to give a deep lesson to the teenager who just killed you
>>
>>15156128
In space make sure all the ships in your fleet are facing the right side up as all the ships in the enemies fleet.
>>
File: infermon-digimon-the-movie-2.49.jpg (30KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
infermon-digimon-the-movie-2.49.jpg
30KB, 210x240px
>>15156128
>Inferring
>>
>>15156128
When shooting at a main character's mech, make sure your entire squad is standing still, so half of them get destroyed in one go.
>>
>>15156556
Addendum. When the main character's mech is surrounded by your squad, make sure that everybody is lined up so that your weapons will strike each other's cockpits instead of clashing once the protagonist dodges.
>>
>>15156260
BAKANA
>>
>>15156143
Like, all the classic combining mecha got attacked at least once while combining, or had something attack its ability to combine, or were otherwise affected while combining.
>>
>>15156183
Getter? Probably what led to them combing at ludicrous bone pulping speeds.
>>
>>15157341
I really liked GGG's solution to this.
>>
>>15157884
What, a physical barrier? They're not the only ones to have that solution. And it didn't help them the two times Gaogaigar's fusion programming got deleted.
>>
>>15156260
I prefer Scirocco's I'LL BE TAKING YOUR SOUL death wizardry
>>
>>15156128
Don't the component parts get attacked all the time in older shows?
>>
File: GOTCHA_BITCH.jpg (103KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GOTCHA_BITCH.jpg
103KB, 1440x1080px
Courtesy my ass.
>>
>>15156128
i love gaogaigar for having a protective torrent of green stuff to protect the transformation sequence
>>
>>15156240
I'm thinking of Zeong, but nothing that quite fits his descriptions. Zeong is a real.
>>
>>15156240
>something that happens every episode in the first half of Goldran
>>
>>15158260
>a protective torrent of green stuff
What the fuck was that supposed to be? Fire? Wind? Energy?
>>
>>15158473
Courage.
>>
>>15158252
that looks lewd
>>
Make sure you either sacrifice yourself for your space waifu or have your space waifu sacrifice her self for you.
>>
>>15158267
Zeong had a skull head worthy of Garada K7, horns and all, and had a fucking rocket punch!

What do you mean it's not a super robot.
>>
>>15158473
It's water. Or at least, some manner of liquid.

>>15158842
Also there was this.
>>
>>15158842
>>15159379
Super/real is defined by the series, not the robot.
>>
File: The Face Of The Zeon Menace.png (1MB, 1886x836px) Image search: [Google]
The Face Of The Zeon Menace.png
1MB, 1886x836px
>>15159406
And 0079 Gundam was Super as fuck. It featured a robot samurai going around with his buddies, Robot With Big Shoulder Cannons and Cheap Getter 3, and fighting horribly monstrous mechs that often had a single distinguishing feature (a single eye, like a cyclops, a decidedly evil being) and tended to look like these. And it fought them with such weapons as the "Super Napalm", "Hyper Hammer", a beam saber that also could be a javelin sometimes, and a jet the Gundam could combine with to gain the power of flight.
>>
File: uraki.gif (237KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
uraki.gif
237KB, 640x480px
>>15156139
>>15156171
I honestly hate these.
>>
>>15156150

No the real reason you never use a giant robot to attack something human-sized is because then it'll reveal that the tiny human-sized monster is stronger than the mech.
>>
>>15159431
Real robot is mecha military or paramilitary themed. 0079 is real robot because it's a war where robots are common pieces of hardware similar to a tank or jet.
>>
>>15156260
I'm partial to "I could use a haircut"
>>
>>15159475

0079 has a lot of super elements because no one tried what it did with a robot anime before. So they had to work with what they knew.
>>
>>15159379
BUILD UP

BAN BAN BAN BAN
>>
>>15159475
>0079 is real robot because it's a war where robots are common pieces of hardware similar to a tank or jet.

Zambot 3 is a Real Robot show? Daitarn 3 is a Real Robot show? Gaiking was a Real Robot show?
>>
>>15159437
but anon how will you converse with your enemy
>>
>>15159437
But anon, how will the plucky young Gundam pilot sway you with his idealistic words if you can't establish radio contact with him?
>>
>>15159494
None of those shows are anything like what's described in >>15159475
>>
>>15159559
Gaiking was about a military force in a special battleship going around and routing the enemy invasion, Daitarn had the robots not really be all that special (Daitarn itself may be extraordinarily powerful, but in many respects it shows its age), and by the end of Zambot there were tons of mass produced Zambots and King Beals running around.

Meanwhile Gundam gets into fights with MotWs, only starts getting involved in actual military operations very late in the show (outside of Odessa Day, which it is barely present for), and is (design-wise) not all that dissimilar from its Super peers of the day.

Also if that's your determining factor for "real" and "super", Dancouga is realer than the original Gundam.
>>
>>15159566
Nothing you brought up has anything to do with this single defining trait of real robot which is the concept of a regular military or military-like organization.

Amuro is a soldier caught in a space age civil war. Banjo is a rich guy with a robot who fights aliens. Noa is a police offer in a special division. Kappei is an alien whose comrades built a robot to stave off space invaders.
>>
File: respect the robot turkish zaku.png (285KB, 800x391px) Image search: [Google]
respect the robot turkish zaku.png
285KB, 800x391px
>>15156128
>ctrl+f
>no "respect the robot".

Shame on you /m/!
Respect the robot right now!
>>
>>15159611

So by that logic Dancouga is a real robot show. Which it kinda is
>>
>>15159735
more like still robot
>>
>>15159815
No, that's Godmars.
>>
>>15159566
> by the end of Zambot there were tons of mass produced Zambots and King Beals running around.

excuse me? It's been ages since I've watched it but I don't remember that happening
>>
>>15156128
Explaining to the viewers what part of the mecha has been hit.
>>
>>15159735
Except Dancougar is like Mazinger in the fact that it's a single or small group of robots that is more like a hero than just a generic tank.
>>
>>15156139
unless you and you're opponent are new types, then there is no need
>>
>>15156128
>getting hit during combine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY2V7hX-WJw
>>
>>15160325
english name?
>>
>>15160319
So, like Gundam then?
>>
>>15160332
Good ol' Combattler V
>>
File: Colonydrop.jpg (30KB, 453x309px) Image search: [Google]
Colonydrop.jpg
30KB, 453x309px
>>15160338
Except in series like Gundam, Macross and Votoms all of the armies use giant robots as a common weapon.
>>
>>15156139
This is the one I love and hate at the same time. It's so stupid but it makes for some good drama and character interactions.
>>
>>15160355
somebody got this pic in non-ant size?
>>
>>15157884
>>15157950
>>15158260
>>15158473
>>15158476
>>15159379
I love how no one seems to remember that one episode near the beginning of GGG where GaoGar got attacked during his transformation sequence. Then Gai kicked them right the fuck out and told the monster to fuck right off. It was the sickest shit.
>>
>>15158476
I'd have said guts, but whatever.
>>
>>15160355
So do the enemies in nearly every series. Tekkaman and Ideon have grunt enemies, are those now 'real robot' as well?
>>
>>15160442
I think that happened twice. The second time, the enemy mecha actually penetrated the green tornado and was about to attack during the gattai sequence, but one of the other 3G bots (chorujin? hyoryu?) pulled it out from the outside.
>>
>>15158267
Zeong isn't Super Robot.
>>
>>15160943
>all of the armies
>both sides
>>
File: rage index.jpg (116KB, 940x520px) Image search: [Google]
rage index.jpg
116KB, 940x520px
>>15159547
>sway you with his idealistic words

That's precisely why I think it's retarded (other than the obvious). If you're to the point of full blown armed conflict to the point where you mounted an invasion or destroying/dropping colonies, it's safe bet you're way beyond the point of diplomacy and talking things out until one side is so devastated that they give up and diplomacy is back on the table. Engaging in dialogue in the middle of a battle or even convincing one side to change their minds completely undermines the whole point of the conflict in the first place. Trying to reason with someone happen before the conflict or after -- not in the middle of a life-or-death battle.
>>
>>15160319

See you say that, but Dancouga ia nothing special until episode like...17. Before that it's just another part of earth's defenses.
>>
>>15161083
>Shinobu is a jet pilot in the space academy
>suddenly alien invasion of robots
>Shinobu then pilots a state of the art eagle jet that combines into a giant robot
>giant robots are not even remotely close to being a conventional weapon used by the military
You're full of shit. Dancougar is not a series where robots are common pieces of combat hardware like tanks or planes.
>>
>>15161019
B-but muh newtypes
>>
>>15161181
I suppose there would be no war if we were all magic psychics, but since no one is, I guess that message is useless to those of us in the real world.
>>
We you send an entire army of mass produced mechas that technically are just slightly inferior to the MC ones, be sure to make so that at very most only three will attack at the same time while the others are flying around for their turn.
>>
>>15160951
I think you're actually right about it happening twice. I have no idea what happened the other time though.
>>
>>15161192
This really bothered me about End of Evangelion. When Asuka is fighting the mass-produced Evas, they're almost all just standing there waiting for her to attack. It's not until she gets fucked by the Lance of Longinus that they all swarm her at once and devour Unit 02.

In my head canon, they were passive because they knew they'd probably just regenerate in a few minutes anyway, like with what happened.
>>
>>15161177

By that logic neither is the Gundam, it was a super prototype and at that point in the war mechs was something that really only Zeon had (much like how in Dancouga, mechs were Muge exclusive). 99% of the Federation's forces for a good deal of thw war was comprised of ships and balls (retrofitted construction equipment). The GM came AFTER the Gundam's combat data was reverse-engineered and mass produced.
>>
>>15161325

They were just waiting for her battery to run out, it didn't matter if she "won" or not.
>>
>>15161374
True. You'd think they'd put up more of a fight even still. She could've ruined Seele's plans if she actually went for their S2 engines iirc. Didn't she manage to actually take one out permanently?
>>
>>15161369
>By that logic neither is the Gundam
No. That's completely wrong.

Let's take an example you may be able to understand. We'll take Dancougar and Macross. Each have a very similar premise and beginning. Humans are invaded by aliens. The main character is a fighter pilot that controls a space plane. Now here's what makes Dancougar super and Macross real. In Dancougar, the army uses planes and tanks, with the main character later piloting a robot in a special machine-beast unit while literally everyone else is still in tanks and planes. In Macross, the army uses transforming plane robots. Everybody has one. The main character isn't the only with a robot. The military is literally staffed by robot pilots and they're one of the most common weapons. That's how it is in Gundam and that's how it is in Votoms, too. But that isn't how it is Dancougar, Zambot, Mazinger or countless other shows.
>>
>>15161409
>Everybody has one. The main character isn't the only with a robot. The military is literally staffed by robot pilots and they're one of the most common weapons. That's how it is in Gundam

Except that literally wasn't how it was in Gundam before the GM finished production. That's why Zeon was doing so well, they had mobile suits and the Federation for the most part didn't.
>>
>>15161682
Yeah man, fuck the other 99% of Gundam because they showed the build up and had people piloting balls, which are still combat robots, for a while. You goddamn moron.
>>
>>15161686

My point is that Gundam, especially 0079 is a real show with super elements, because at the end of the day Amuro is still using a unique powerful machine.

they're dumb classifications anyway, hence why people say "military" and "hero" instead
>>
>>15161690
some people*
>>
>>15161690
>My point is that Gundam, especially 0079 is a real show with super elements
>because at the end of the day Amuro is still using a unique powerful machine.
That's wrong and stupid. Power levels mean nothing and real/super is only distinguished by the setting, not the robot.
>>
>>15161682
Except Origin completely retconned that by showing that the feds did have Mobile Suits, they just didn't make it their primary focus until late in the war when Zeon was romping all over them on Earth.
>>
>>15161820
That's already a thing in the main UC timeline, various model kits and databooks tell us that some EFF mobile suits finished development early as fuck but were just never mass produced and/or fielded until September at the earliest.

Of course, the Feds had the Guncannon design ready, but it wasn't accepted for mass production. They have some units kicking around but only for development and testing. They dick around until they finish the Gundam's development, and then decide to start developing a cheaper version of it. If it was really so pressing, they could have started limited production of Guncannons and Gundams, but they decide not to.
>>
>>15161808

You can't expect a show that basically created Real Robot to be 100% real. What codifies it wasn't set in stone.

It's also why the show had kind of a MotW format.
>>
File: Angry Gundam.jpg (49KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Angry Gundam.jpg
49KB, 720x480px
>>15161808
>Power levels mean nothing
THEY MEAN EVERYTHING
>>
>>15161808
>real/super is only distinguished by the setting, not the robot.
This is the most stupid thing I've ever read

No you retard, the early usages of the terms clearly refer to the robots, not the fucking trees and what not. Just look at the commercials for the early mazinger popy toys in the 70s.
>>
>>15162324

In addition, it has elements from the previous decades moreso than the decades that it influenced
>machine built by his father (not exactly, but he helped design the series. Kamille's dad is the one who actually built his son's first Gundam)
>masked rival that is essentially Racer X, even with the reveal of his relation to the heroes
>use of weaponry that is completely impractical in modern warfare like a flail. Even swords, beam or otherwise, have their place by comparison
>gimmicky robots like "this one has extending electric whips" or "this one swims and has sharp claws". With the exception of G and Turn A, the further you go away from 0079 the more machines just use beam weapons and swords instead of relying on gimmicks
>more toyetic, even by Gundam standards

Like I said, when a RR show has never been done before, you can't be surprised when it has SR elements. Write what you know and all.
>>
>>15156128
Pretty sure there was a Voltes V episode where the bad guys found out a way to fuck up the gattai so they couldnt combine.
>>
>>15161808
>real/super is only distinguished by the setting, not the robot.
Are you fucking retarded? Literally the term Real Robot did not exist until the game Super Robot Wars 4, where they decided to use that to describe Gundams and other machines that are focused more on dodging than tanking. And Super Robot comes from the Mazinger theme song, where it says "Super Robot Mazinger" and the word Super essentially means amazing.
>>
>>15162324
>It's also why the show had kind of a MotW format.
Dumbass.

MOTW has nothing to do with the super robot genre. The reason MOTW existed back then was that there weren't any good way to rewatch earlier episodes. In the 80s, they had less reasons to continue the MOTW format due to the availability of the vhs.

Second, a show is also MOTW due to its target audience. 70s super robot shows were targeted to kids mostly, so it was logical for them to be MOTW. It has nothing to do with the fact that a show has "super" elements. All anime for kids in the 70s did it.
>>
>>15162357
>The reason MOTW existed back then was that there weren't any good way to rewatch earlier episodes.
Actually it happened because Bandai was pushing for Tomino to introduce more grunt suits to make toys of and it was an easy way to do it.
>>
>>15162357
>robot shows were and always have been targeted to kids mostly
ftfy
>>
>>15161808
What about shows like Danguard Ace? Is it real or super?According to you it's real because it's set in space.

What about Getter Robo Go? Is it also real because it has a military esque setting? No.

The terms are applied when the authors want it to be applied.
>>
There are about 5 "Real Robot" shows, and 5,000 Super Robot shows of varying degrees of fantasy, including Gundam and Macross.

The only shows I would call "Real Robot" are stuff like Flag.
>>
>>15162324
>It's also why the show had kind of a MotW format.
MotW has nothing to do with whether something is super or real. That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

>>15162346
>No you retard, the early usages of the terms clearly refer to the robots
So then by your logic, Tetsujin 28 is the realest of real and literally every Gundam is super robot with some of them being some of the most powerful super robots. No, you moron.

>>15162351
>Literally the term Real Robot did not exist until the game Super Robot Wars 4
Wrong. Gundam used real in its marketing.

>>15162363
>According to you it's real because it's set in space.
Are you actually brain dead? I never said a single thing about space. From where in your cavernous ass did you pull that one?
>>
>>15161686
No. If you ignore the manga, retcons, OVAs and various other types of media, it is explicitly stated in 0079 Gundam that the Federation has no mobile suits. The canon as of 1979 was that the Federation is a normal army, it gets attacked by mech-wielding Zeon and responds with a single trio of three powerful mobile suits.

All the shit with the ground-type Gundams and the Alex came later. The Balls also aren't seen for at least halfway into the series.

>>15162925
>Wrong. Gundam used real in its marketing.
Source?

How do you reconcile your definition with a show that features low-tech grunts and high-powered unique super robots? Are they all super because of the setting?

And you also completely ignored the question of Danguard Ace. How about Gunbuster, which also features mass-production grunts on the hero's side, but is considered super? Or Flag, which is considered real, even though neither side has grunt mecha and the Havocs themselves are in-universe special snowflake transformers?
>>
>>15156582
When surrounding the heroes' mecha, make sure to never fire a shot, let alone attempt a crossfire. Stand orderly around evenly around, and make sure the heroes attacks first.
>>
>>15163769
Not the guy you're arguing with and I don't have scans on me to prove it (so take this with a grain of salt), but I can corroborate that Real Robot was first used as a marketing term by Bandai or Sunrise for the 80s robot shows with a military theme that aimed to sell models to a older audience than Super Robot Gokin style toys. I recall seeing magazine ads using it. I don't think it was used when the original Gundam came out though, I believe it was introduced later.
>>
>>15163769
POWER LEVELS
HAVE
NOTHING
TO DO
WITH IT
>>
>>15163785
>I don't think it was used when the original Gundam came out though
It wouldn't really make sense for something that started a genre to come up with the word used to describe it. That's not how terminology works.
>>
Why do I always get the feeling that people who like real robots only inherently look down on super robots?
>>
>>15163789

It's kinda difficult to make a hard military setting when one side has an amazingly powerful robot that can single-handedly win the war. Looking at you Qan[T]
>>
File: Fat Man.jpg (264KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Fat Man.jpg
264KB, 1280x960px
>>15163864
>It's kinda difficult to make a hard military setting when one side has an amazingly powerful weapon that can single-handedly win the war.
>>
>>15163872

Please, we did it for the hell of it. Russia was about to declare war on Japan and wipe the floor with their withered forces anyway.
>>
>>15163872
The firebombing killed twice as many people as both nukes combined, just not as quickly. At the end of the day an atomic bomb is just that, a big bomb, it simply does what a bunch of smaller bombs combined do. That's not the same thing as say, dropping Gunbuster into 0079. The war is over, Federation wins.
>>
>>15163876
But it took the shock of overwhelming power to get Japan to surrender. If it was just a war of attrition with Russia they'd have fought to the death to a greater extent.
>>
>>15164525

Yeah but it only had the effectiveness it did because Japan was already on its last legs
>>
Always yell your attack name before actually attacking. It won't work if you don't use your words.
>>
>>15162376
Only good post itt

>>15163878
Uh-huh

>>15163876
Ayy
>>
>>15163878
>The firebombing killed twice as many people as both nukes combined
So? The nukes were two bombs. The firebombing took place over a long period of time and used probably thousands of bombs.
>>
>>15164858
Yes, each firebombing run used thousands of bombs, but a -single- firebombing mission on March 9th 1945 killed hundreds of thousands.

http://www.airspacemag.com/daily-planet/deadliest-air-raid-history-180954512/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Tokyo#Results
>>
>>15164883
Why would you restate that?
>>
>>15164897
Who knows, though I do know that this discussion is tangentially related at best and shouldn't be held here
>>
>>15156503
Holy shit I never thought about this
>>
>>15165282
Realistically, in space, you could attack the enemy from up, down, in any direction at all.
But two ships slugging it out in the same direction looks cool.
>>
>>15165287

No he's saying that the ships can't be upside-down in relation to the other ships. Which of course is irrelevant as there is no "up" in space and all ships have artificial gravity.
>>
>>15164525
>But it took the shock of overwhelming power to get Japan to surrender.

Except not.
Their tactics in the Pacific were to stall US long enough so Germany could win the war in Eruope and come to their help.
With Germany out of the picture, they were simply hoping to get the most favorable surrender conditions possible (you know, like keeping the head honcho, emperor himself, on the throne instead of getting him executed and abolishing monarchy). The stalling was meant to last as long as Japanese population didn't get hit and that's exactly what happened there.

Nukes themselves were not that big of a deal. You simply intercept the incredibly cumbersome bomber and you're done.
That's exactly why US didn't use them on the Russians. You simply can't hope to get a fat target like that into a prepared enemy's airspace.
Nukes only became an end-all solution with ICBMs.

Two or three bombing runs over their wooden cities and they would have surrendered anyway. US just needed to tests its newest toy (be it napalm of nukes).
>>
>>15161389
I think she took out at least two permanently. As far as I watched.
>>
>>15157879
Yeah, one time the Dinosaurs made a mecha whose purpouse was to slice the getter while it was combining
>>
>>15165333
>Two or three bombing runs over their wooden cities and they would have surrendered anyway.
But there were bombing runs over wooden cities. Far more than two or three, and as far back as 1942.
>>
>>15165388
Yes, but they were contested.
Like I said, you couldn't really drop nukes over a militarized nation unless it was on its last legs and without interceptors to send your way.
These planes came in without any escorts from a well defended air base and could do whatever they wanted which is the thing Japanese would not like seeing.
>>
>>15162350
There was, yes, and following that a brief race to protect the VOLT IN
>>
>>15156128
Gundam ZZ is my favourite
>>
The nukes were just an excuse for the Japs to surrender to the Yanks instead of the commies
>>
>>15165388
In '45, the emperor of Japan was seriously considering surrender and the only reason why the country was still fighting was because the army didn't agree with him, but they were slowly changing their minds.

The original plan was to drop the nukes on the capital, and it was changed only because of bad weather. If they went along with the original version, Hirohito would turn to ash, the army would have no major opposition in continuing the war and the population would be enraged over their emperor's death, ready to fight to the bitter end.

Result: instead of surrendering, Japan continues to wage war for at least 10 more years. Oops.
>>
>>15165401
That doesn't hold up from where I sit. One of the Tokyo firebombings were estimated to be, at that time, "the most destructive event in human history" according to Wikipedia. According to the Wired link (https://www.wired.com/2011/03/0309incendiary-bombs-kill-100000-tokyo/), that bombing was uncontested, but that was a whole half a year before Japan surrendered.

I should also copy-and-paste this relevant paragraph:

>But if the American objective was to shorten the war by demoralizing the Japanese population and breaking its will to resist, it didn’t work. What had proven true in Germany proved equally true here: Morale was shaken by bombing, but once the shock passed, the war work went on.

I don't know how close to the truth that is, but given the timeline of the war and the reported "fight to the death" mentality of the Japanese soldiers, I'm inclined to believe it.

Do you have any evidence to the contrary? I'm not saying any doesn't exist, but I'd have to see some to be convinced at this point.
>>
>>15166798
I've heard that story, but with Kokura, not Tokyo. Are you perhaps misremembering, or were there additional target switches beyond Hiroshima v Kokura and Kokura v Nagasaki?
>>
>>15166798
>Japan wages war for at least 10 more years
I get the hyperbole, but the situation is more like "wages war for at least <1 to 2> more years"

Japan at that point was starved for resources, food, and manpower. Their Pacific plan to extend and capture their way to a superior position, completely failed. In fact, the American front had pushed through most of their pacific holdings and even encroached into the Ryukyus by 1945, right in Japan's backyard. By the end, the Japs were conscripting whole villages to throw against the Americans.

Realistically, there would have been no Japanese army left to fight if they hadn't surrendered in another one or two years -- regardless of their intentions at the time of the bombing. I don't doubt that the army men wanted to continue (remember the soldier who stayed alone in the Philippines until the '70s, refusing to surrender?), but there would realistically have been no way to continue fighting for ten years without a total collapse of all infrastructure and a decimation of the Japanese population.
>>
>>15156128
>combining
Thread posts: 135
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.