[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int erest/2017-01-28/prelimi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: tiger-bunny-2513.jpg (132KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tiger-bunny-2513.jpg
132KB, 1280x720px
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2017-01-28/preliminary-results-are-in-for-nhk-best-100-anime-ranking/.111565
>>
>>15153319
Threadly reminder good taste in anime occurs only in Japanese women.
>>
I'm okay with this.

But I really didn't think T&B was as popular as that?
>>
>>15153329
So did Sunrise.
>>
>>15153329
It was extremely popular in Japan. It was easily the highest rated and most popular show of it's year over there. Tho unlike the west, Bunny was way more popular than Tiger.
>>
>>15153354
Icy blonde Batman's okay in my books.
>>
>>15153354
>Bunny was way more popular than Tiger
Japan don't understand Ojii-san moe.
>>
>>15153319
So... what, will Sunrise likely make another season of T&B? I'd be game, but I don't know how they'd continue it beyond "Tiger FINALLY loses his powers" and the ensuing emotional crisis on Bunny's end.
>>
>>15153354
>. It was easily the highest rated and most popular show of it's year over there.
You do realize that it aired in the same year as Madoka right?
>Tho unlike the west, Bunny was way more popular than Tiger.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-06-13/biglobe-poll/favorite-character-in-spring-2011-anime
>>
>>15153658
>You do realize that it aired in the same year as Madoka right?
They were both tied for anime of the year.
>>
>>15153669
Fate/Zero also aired that year
>>
>>15153354
And yet Sunrise refuses to give T&B a second season. Do they hate money or something?
>>
>>15153329
>>15153354
Man, I've heard good things about the anime and I wanted to watch it when it was airing, but it always slipped my mind. I really ought to get on it when I have some free time.
>>
>>15153683
>Do they hate money or something?
Obvious not since we get a new Gundam anime every year
>>
>>15153654
>>15153683
Sunrise doesn't even own it any more but Bandai Namco Pictures.
>>
>>15153683
It was moved to Bandai Namco Pìcture during the split, and I guess Bandai has no interest.
>>
>>15153654
Look at how Bunny, Oragami Hurricane, Blue Rose, Dragon Kid, and Kaede are using their powers a few years down the road?

Sky High and Fire Emblem can be mentor figures. Rock Bison too.

>You had a tough day, that's a bummer. I know exactly how that feels. Look on the bright side, you've still accomplished more in life than your old pal Rock.
>>
>>15153674
I was specifically talking about Tokyo Anime Awards 2012, although my memories were somewhat cloudy. T&B and Madoka tied for the excellent work award in the TV category, although the actual "anime of the (last) year" award was won by a Ghibli work in the movie category. T&B and Madoka both earned various other awards besides "excellent work".
>>
>>15153683
>>15153709
The director was unavailable for a few years due to other shows, but he's free now IIRC so they could do it now.
>>
>>15153329

Dude, T&B was THE smash hit of not only the 2011 summer season, but 2011 as a whole. it completely blew Sunrise's expectations out of the water. I'm pretty sure people will be calling it a classic a few years down the line if they aren't already.
>>
>>15154856

Madoka aired in 2011 as well and it's both more widely known and better regarded.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.