[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much more quickly would the OYW have ended if all Balls were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: 2017-01-27 23.59.32.jpg (229KB, 688x526px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-27 23.59.32.jpg
229KB, 688x526px
How much more quickly would the OYW have ended if all Balls were upgraded to Glaugs?
>>
>>15151563
Much quicker, they'd be bigger targets and Zeon would win.
>>
File: Public_class_gunboat.jpg (32KB, 400x242px) Image search: [Google]
Public_class_gunboat.jpg
32KB, 400x242px
>>15151573
But the point of Balls was just to field as many more guns as possible. Fuck, they supplemented all that with Publics, which were just shuttles with a couple naval missiles strapped underneath. Surely putting gun arms on instead of clamp arms could only help.
>>
>>15151581
To be fair, Publics did have some actual missiles on them as well as the bigger naval missiles.
>>
>>15151573

They're only a couple of meters bigger while being better armed and much, much faster. They also have beam weapons, so the Feds would have had beam tech on mass production units from the off. The One Year War would probably have been a short insurrection if all Zeon had was Zakus while the Feds had Glaugs. Isle Iffish is unlikely to even have dropped given the difference I'm speed and firepower between a Ball and a Glaug.
>>
>>15152066
>Isle Iffish is unlikely to even have dropped given the difference I'm speed and firepower between a Ball and a Glaug.
Balls weren't deployed that early in the OYW. They don't show up until the last 1/3rd of the war, it seems, and they were mainly used because they were cheap units and could fulfill fleet defense and support fire roles.

Glaug would be too expensive to mass produce. You're talking about the Federation that only managed to produce a few hundred GMs based off the RX-78 pattern after they opted for cheaper armor and weapons, and even then not all GMs were able to be given beam spray guns.
>>
File: Gattle Have Arms.png (488KB, 790x697px) Image search: [Google]
Gattle Have Arms.png
488KB, 790x697px
>>15151581
>Surely putting gun arms on instead of clamp arms could only help.

You need to think bigger.
>>
File: docu0060.jpg (1MB, 2437x2473px) Image search: [Google]
docu0060.jpg
1MB, 2437x2473px
>>15152074
And that's where these cheap bastards came from
>>
>>15152079
The best part is they were made to be compatible with MS gear, so some had axes for close combat.

I want to see them fight beam saber Balls.
>>
>>15152073

Huh, thought Balls were around since before 0079 and what the Federation used to stall out the war until the Victory plan came to fruition. Never mind then.

Still, if they started with Glaugs in June of 0079 the war would probably be over by July and if they ever got around to making a Gundam it'd be interesting just to see what differences it'd have because of the new tech they could forward from the Glaug in to it. I can't recall if Glaugs have inertial dampers of any kind (I don't think they do), but the Gundam would use different thrusters and maybe even different beam tech at least.

Also, OP specified all Balls being upgraded to Glaugs, though Regulds might be a better choice given their status in show, so cost is not an issue.
>>
>>15152066
>They're only a couple of meters bigger

Dude, Glaugs are meant to be crewed by giants.
They are almost as tall (17m) as RX-78-2 (18m).
>>
>>15152252

They're 16.55 meters tall, while a Ball is 12.8 meters. There's less than 4 meters in the difference, which is less than a quarter of the size of a ball. Zentradi sit down in quite a low position piloting them and Regulds.
>>
>>15152267
Yeah, I think both the Ball and Glaug in OP's pic are 1/100 scale, so you can see the fuselage is roughly the same size.
>>
>>15152252
Don't they have to miclone to get into the Glaug? The small cockpit is a weird bit of design for a race of giants.
>>
File: Size-chart-3.jpg (889KB, 2000x1354px) Image search: [Google]
Size-chart-3.jpg
889KB, 2000x1354px
>>15152577
>Don't they have to miclone to get into the Glaug?

No, it's the other way around.
They can only operate them as giants.

The fact a lot of the times they're shown to be about the size of the Destroids and Valkyries is a result of the abysmal budget (thus animation) Macross had.
>>
File: SPHERICAL.jpg (26KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
SPHERICAL.jpg
26KB, 320x320px
>>15151563
>getting rid of the perfect spherical shape
>>
>>15151573
This.
>>
>>15154500

...is incorrect. The F91 is roughly as much smaller than the RX-78s as a Ball is smaller than a Glaug, and noone ever had difficulty hitting Formula and Victory era suits because they were smaller. Size can make a difference, but when the difference in size is so relatively small it generally doesn't. Which is disregarding that Glaugs are far faster and have beam weapons, so no Zeon suit would stand a chance against them. You could outfit every Zeon soldier with a Sinanju and Glaugs would still be faster and at least as manoeuvrable. Unless you gave them all Neo Zeong with pseudo-pyscofields the Glaug would win.
>>
don't you dare bring up how zeon zakus are large targets than balls
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.