[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why were the Gundam Musou games such shit compared to any other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4259.jpg (1MB, 1480x1696px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4259.jpg
1MB, 1480x1696px
Why were the Gundam Musou games such shit compared to any other Musou game? The Gundam ones were so fucking dull, how did they fuck it up?
>>
File: dwg3ma.jpg (121KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
dwg3ma.jpg
121KB, 640x360px
As a musou connoisseur, I disagree, but it would've definitely been stronger with a well built crossover story but with static stages(like in the first game) and save the random craziness for a side mode.

Gameplay wise, it shits on most musou games save only for the main series & orochi.
>>
>>15149235
I am a big fan of the One Piece games, mostly because I feel that the characters have a good variety. I with more of the Musou games gave each character a unique mechanic like they did for Pirate Musou.
>>
The first one was kind of meh, skipped over 2 and 3 but I enjoyed the hell out of Reborn even if it was a bit grindy sometimes. The number of playable suits was pretty great.
>>
>>15149224
I only played the first two and enjoyed them at the time
I haven't really played any other Musous other than the main line and the Zelda one
>>
I feel like what I played of 1 and 2 was okay but 3 really dropped the ball in stage design. The smaller sections of map in rather samey layouts got pretty tiring fast. Which is a shame cause it looks really nice and the gameplay system isn't too bad (boosting and air juggles are fun).

I think half of the problem comes from having to adapt something characters faithfully (suits are expected to fight a certain way so they can't get too crazy about it unlike typical musou games) and other titles just having more varied and memorable stages by comparison.
>>
Because gunota will buy any old thing so Koei can afford to half-ass it.
>>
Stage Design
2>1>3

Gameplay
3>2>1

Story
1>3>2

Seed Pandering
Reborn
>>
>>15149224
I doubt it could be any worse than Ken's Rage.
>>
>>15149224
Most of the suits are notable for ranged combat, but the Musou formula forces them to twirl around dinky little beam sabers before they can use their good ranged attacks. Very few suits have enough of a melee arsenal to make a 'full' moveset that's actually fun to use (God, Devil, Epyon, Destiny), everything else is pressing Square enough times to get to C4/C6.
>>
i felt like the gundam games were way more than then the usual chinese warriors regular ones but too bad they all suffer from that enemy AI loiter-engine, that kills it for me too fast, no matter the difficulty.
>>
>>15151919
**way more fun and in depth with the customizable option parts and parts upgrade thing it had going on.
>>
>>15149235

It would be nicer if it was structured more like say Warriors Orochi 3
>>
They're enjoyable, Reborn is my favorite of the lot.
>>
>>15149224
>Why were the Gundam Musou games such shit compared to any other Musou game?
They aren't.
>>
>>15149224

>How did they fuck up?

They didnt. I have all of them, and love them quite a bit. Plat'd each one and got all the dlc for em as well.
>>
>>15149224
Their great though the first one has the best story and I wish the sequels had the same sort of in-game cinematics and plot style as it did.
>>
>>15152018
What bothers me is we never got Exia in a Gundam Musou game. Exia, a suit literally designed for games and fighting like this. Don't get me wrong 00 Qan[t]a is glorious in Reborn but I wish S1 00 suits and the Arche and the Thrones were tossed in as well.
>>
Kou vs Setsuna
>>
>>15149224
They were not that bad.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.