[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Through some luck, I managed to get my club watching the original

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: Mazingo.gif (794KB, 416x229px) Image search: [Google]
Mazingo.gif
794KB, 416x229px
Through some luck, I managed to get my club watching the original Mazinger Z. We have an hour for it every week, so roughly 24 episodes. What important or notable episodes should I make sure we hit to give everyone a decent Mazinger experience?
>>
>>15148272
Koji Kabuto dies in Lava.
>>
>>15148272
Episodes 1-3 (basic premise and cast introduction)

32-35 (Scrander)

39-40 (Count Broken's debut and Ashura losing his position for a while),

48 (Boss Borot debuts),

56-60 (Dr.Hell finally manages to steal the Super Alloy Z and makes armored mecha beasts until the Mazinger gets new weapons to counter them)

61 (the Lorelei story from the manga)

67 (A pretty different episode focused on an android girl)

68-69 (Mycenae's introduction with Duke Gorgon's debut)

74-76 (Aphrodite A's destruction and Diana A's debut)

78-80 (Ashura's death, first battle in Bardos)

83 (Pigman's debut)

91-92 (Finale)
>>
>club
>>
>>15148272
I'd recommend things by mechanical beasts!

Abdullah U6 (8)
Spartan K5 (14)
Glossam X2 (18)
Stronger T4 (20)
Damdam L2 (23)
The Aeros Brothers B1, B2, & B3 (25)
Brutus M3 (30)
The Megarons P1, P2, & P3 (31)
Gelbros J3 (32)
Deathma A1 (35)
Archerian J5/Minerva X (38)
Blogun
Kirma K5(?) (41)
Gyron J1 (43)
Blogun G3 (55)
Giant F3 & Titan G9 (58, 59, also introduces Hell Island)
Jenova M9
Apollo A1 (72)
Serpenter I6 (76)
Glory R2 (87)

Others whose names or episodes I can't remember are Gushious BII, Those twin human-shaped ones that were to act as ninjas, Fungus B7, and Devil Chief. The last Mechanical Beasts, the ones that show up on Hell Island, are also really cool, like Halkenschmitt and Saiga.

>>15148312
I'd second all of these. If I were able to remember it properly and point it out, I'd also strongly recommend adding in the "water arc", where Mazinger was first adapted to fight the various Mechanical Beasts Dr. Hell built specifically to exploit Mazinger's lack of mobility underwater
>>
>>15148312
>67 (A pretty different episode focused on an android girl)

This is the best one
>>
>>15148312
Pretty sure 79 is also Morimori's death as well isn't it?
>>
>>15148272
>my club

WHY?
>>
>>15149300
Better than anime of the season like Konosuba getting circlejerked.
>>
>>15149330

The fuck does that have to do with anything? Anime clubs are fucking retarded and it doesn't matter if you're circle jerking to new shit or old shit so fuck off with your HUR DUR SEASON bullshit you fuck wit.
>>
>>15149300
A group of people banded together out of a common interest.
>>
>>15148272
They're not gonna like it m8. There's a difference between a single showing to muster up interest and forcing shit down people's throats. Weekly showings are a terrible idea, since most of your audience is going to hate it.

I'd recommend you screen Mazinger Z vs The Great General of Darkness and nothing else. Introduce new shows weekly, and don't always make it 70's stuff that'll scare away casuals in a flash.
>>
>>15148380
I didn't mention those because I wanted to limit the early episodes in my list due to their stiff and odd animation compared to the later ones.
>>
>>15148272
Just show them Mazinkaiser and follow it up with Getter Robo Armageddon instead.
>>
>>15148312
I forget, does Pigman die in the finale or before it? It might be confusing to have him show up and then not appear again.
>>
>>15151268
Oh, yeah, he dies in episode 87, which is the end of an arc. Then I guess it'd be better to just skip the Pigman stuff altogether.
>>
>>15151214
The shows are nominated, and following that we have a "grab bag" where we show the first, or some episode of the show to gauge interest. After that a vote is held to decide our lineup. Mazinger managed to get through due to the old/camp appeal. The original Gatchaman got through earlier for a similar reason. Old anime getting nominated is common, but actually getting into the showing, less so.

Worth noting, I did attempt to get Shin Mazinger much earlier, but it was difficult getting people to care. Gatchaman being within memory helped it through.

I also don't run anything, I just nominated the thing. Going outside of the norm is encouraged, since most of the currently popular things get nominated anyway. A balance of old and new is encouraged overall. I do of course, expect some people not to like it, you can't please everyone, but chances are, they'll have something they like besides the hour of Mazinger. I just want to make sure to hit the important moments.

>>15151237
I'd love to, but past attempts at Giant Robot shows fell flat in the nomination step, and others like IBO didn't view well. Mazinger got in because Gatchaman ignited a retro-kick. No single person decides what gets in, it's all done through votes and pitches.

Either way, I got what I needed. Thanks for your help /m/
>>
>>15149330
Konosuba is fun though. Also, does it count as "anime of the season" if it's had two seasons now?
>>
>>15151392
Shin Mazinger isn't a good show to marathon in groups, or any Imagawa show for that matter. They require a lot of personal investment for the payback. If you think you can just watch Shin Mazinger casually, you will miss like 90% of the plot. Dialogue from past episodes is referenced and there's a very strong continuity between each episode.

I'd recommend Jun Kawagoe's stuff like Mazinkaiser SKL, Cyborg 009 vs Devilman, Shin Jeeg or any Getter ovas where you can just lay back and enjoy the action.
>>
>>15151392
If you want to get Gundam in, go for either 0080, or 00. One gives them their sophisticated war drama with deep characters and some cool fights, the other gives them a lighter bit of character development, but with more varied characters to latch onto, prettier boys, and flashier fights. Tell them about Trailblazer and how rad it is, if they can get through the series to watch it.
>>
>>15148272
it was good
>>
>>15151268
>>15151284
If you're skipping Pygman but going with that list, instead of that, do Episode... 17? 18? The one where Mazinger is upgraded to have underwater capabilities. It's a pretty good episode overall too.
>>
>>15148312

I know OP was talking about Mazinger Z, but do you something similar for Getter Robo?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.