[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've heard it said that the fashion, technology, etc. of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

I've heard it said that the fashion, technology, etc. of the respective powers in LOGH are not styled accurately, but instead to evoke the "correct" feeling of what they are and stand for based on our contemporary notions. Has anyone ever taken a swing at what they actually look like?
>>
Empire would probably not be that 20th century in technology desu.
I read about skyscrapers on Odin in the books, while all the building in the anime are small houses.
>>
>>15146662
>>15149926
The empire returned to a simpler time due to an Goldenbaum empire. The human race almost wiped itself out due to living a life of debauchery and hedonism. To counter this it is similar to puritans or born again Christians, they are intentionally simplifying their life (although it was initially a legally ordained lifestyle not a choice) to keep them from falling into the ways of the past. They still had technology like how the lights all looked like gas lamps but most were electric. The technology is understated and people try to live "culturally enriched lives" while not falling into the trappings of modern society, which could have also lead to more self centered thinking and posed a threat to the corrupt military dictatorship. It's easier to rule an agrarian, anachronistic society than a modern one.

The FPA and Phezan don't care about that shit and that's why they dress modern and their technology is on full display.
>>
>>15149926
> I read about skyscrapers on Odin in the books, while all the building in the anime are small houses.

I think the anime mentioned that it was illegal for any building on Odin to be taller than the palace.
>>
>>15149926
This
>>
Not to do with fashion or tech just a thought since I am rewatching the series again in over 10 years, but both sides forgive betrayals and treason way too easily in this show. "Oh, you joined a rebellion that was aiming to have me assassinated? Cool, you can have your position back and a 10,000 man fleet."
>>
File: dvdca.jpg (31KB, 294x220px) Image search: [Google]
dvdca.jpg
31KB, 294x220px
>>15153258
"So you're sided with the opposition who wanted to kill me during a civial war because you are a coward and now you are begging me to spare you? Sounds good. Don't sweat it; not only can you keep your rank but I am going to make you the Chief of Police and wish for you to advise me as well."
>>
>>15153280
You don't throw away good talent for petty reasons like that, you edgy manchild.
>>
>>15153289
It happens like a half dozen times in the first 20 episodes, it's just too much pardoning it's unrealistic.
>>
>>15153295
Not really.

List all the times it's happened in the first 20 episodes.
>>
>>15153305
Im not going to go back to point them all out, but off the top of my head just the Empire's side at the end of the civial war Bittenfeld, Vice Admiral Adalbert von Fahrenheit, Oppenheimer. And Tang Wenli does it multiple times as well.
>>
>>15153363
von Oberstein is technically pardoned and made into an adviser as well.
>>
>>15153295
Reinhard only does it with a handful of the Braunschweig upper brass such as Fahrenheit due to his exemplary talent. Hell I think it was JUST Fahrenheit really, he pardons everyone who didn't betray their former superiors because they were honorable but more importantly he knew if he started killing everyone from their side then the public could mount resistance against his regime for killing their loved ones. He gained public favor by pardoning them.

Yang does it literally twice: Merkatz and Baghdash. Merkatz was renowned as an amazing military leader who offered them amazing Intel and insight for his sanctuary, all while Yang was desperate for talent/resources. Baghdash was basically a hostage until he joined of his own volition and that was after he proved himself to them several times.

>>15153368
Not to mention Reinhard thought punishing Oberstein for the folly of a stubborn jackass, one who was Reinhards biggest critics, was retarded.
>>
>>15146662
Childhood is wanting to dress like the Empire. Adulthood is realizing the FPA is more effay.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.