[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm sick and tired of being treated like I'm a plebian,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 39

File: maxresdefault.jpg (128KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
128KB, 1280x720px
I'm sick and tired of being treated like I'm a plebian, or a second class citizen here because I happen to find Neon Genesis Evangelion and Gurren Lagaan to be the greatest mecha stories ever created. Every time I bring them up I get told to watch some obscure 70s soap opera and it's getting fucking old.

As a community we should accept all types of mecha discussion. I was trying to discuss Pacific Rim a few months back but told to go back to /tv/ and I was frankly disgusted. What the fuck happened here? We used to be cool

Oh well. Awesome 00's mecha thread.
>>
File: AZNAVOUR03.jpg (167KB, 917x611px) Image search: [Google]
AZNAVOUR03.jpg
167KB, 917x611px
>>15140725

Why should I care about your favorite animu anon, when you clearly don't care about ours ?
How can you synthesize and learn what a medium give you when you look at from a tiny hole.
All they did was putting all the strong elements of those 70's soap opera with new packaging.

I will watch Daimos for the 4 time before watching gurren for the 2nd in 10 years.
>>
>>15140725
>Awesome 00's mecha thread.

does pic related count?
>>
>>15140725
>I'm sick and tired of being treated like I'm a plebian,
Because you are. Now fuck off back to /v/.
>>
>>15140802
You're very close minded I can see. You sit there and believe because you watched some obscure 70s crap you're now enlightened but I say no. See, the reason gurren is so big and beloved is because it fixed the mecha genre. The mecha genre is plagued by melodramatics and using the same story line over and over again.

There isn't a single melodramatic scene in Gurren Lagaan, and the few dramatic are followed by the manliest shit in anime.

It has better animation, writing, music and most importantly SOUL than your obscure crap. That's why it's popular, because it's better. Simple as that. Stop trying to say all because I don't watch every single one I don't have a right to spout my opinion. We of /m/ are better than that I'd like to think.
>>
>>15140833
>You're very close minded I can see.
Oh so you're just pretending to be retard.
>>
File: IMG_0056.jpg (16KB, 250x204px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0056.jpg
16KB, 250x204px
>>15140833
>better soul

Huh?
>>
>>15140838
How is that guy not close minded, pray tell me, for I am being formal and upfront with you. He sees the world in a very disjointed fashion and frankly it's just flippin' close minded, I tell you. I try to be respectful here for I feel this is a respectful board. I won't be calling people retarded or nigga or other barbarian crap the other boards spew. I've always felt like I've had a home here it's just some of the roomates are just too darn silly for me with their ego.
>>
>>15140849
70s mecha anime are standerized soap operas designed to sell at mom and pop stores and to fool kids into thinking its something special while Gurren Lagaan was made with pure heart and was designed to lose money because it broke barriers in way we couldn't even imagine at the time.

I feel like that's why it gets rejected here because it breaks the very fabric of the mecha genre to pieces and we simply flippin' couldn't grasp it. It's bloody crazy man.
>>
File: 1485054828495.jpg (27KB, 620x365px) Image search: [Google]
1485054828495.jpg
27KB, 620x365px
>>15140862
This has got to be bait. There is no way such retardation and garbage opinion can exist
>>
>>15140890
This is exactly what I'm freaking talking about. Instead of discussing this like mature adults like we usually do here on /m/ you're getting hella dismissive and disrespectful instead. How about instead of screaming "ur retarded lol" you actually you know, discuss what you find wrong with the opinion I've proudly presented?
>>
What do you have against NGE and TTGL OP? Why create a bait thread purely to scapegoat these shows?
>>
>>15140904
They are my favorite shows, actually. I'm sick of having to go to /a/ to discuss them when I much prefer us here at /m/. If you want to know the truth, /a/ is pretty elitist and they really make me feel dirty there unlike here where we're all bros and friends.
>>
File: 1483959331268.jpg (112KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483959331268.jpg
112KB, 1280x720px
>>15140896
Because someone already did and you dismissed them and claimed Gurren Lagaan is "too different" to comprehend and thus rejected.
It's typical mecha anime put through a filter that allows normies to enjoy it, it's about as deep as something like Naruto. The fact of the matter is that if you unironically think GL is some spectacular revolution then it's literally the only mecha anime you've ever seen. I don't hate it but I do find it overrated and idiots like you don't exactly prove that wrong.
Gurren Lagaan isn't "the manliest shit in anime" either, it's shonen hotbloodedness pretending to be mecha hotbloodedness.
>>
File: Doba ajiba2.jpg (186KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Doba ajiba2.jpg
186KB, 1440x1080px
>>15140833
>>15140862
>>15140896

Romance that what define a man and this sub genre.
Not some mindless craps put together to entertain brats.

This genre have a long history of changing this industry.
Mazinger in 72. Robot Romance Trilogy Yamato in 74 and 76 Cyborg009 Gundam In 79 or takahashi and his peers like yasuhiko the year later.

Dallos opened a new way to distribute the medium directly without having a tv channel support.

Countless of stories to build a genre and it codes. Countless of efforts to make it mature and and appeal to adults.
And here you are with your

Is gurren good ? it can be good but only if you know were it came from.
So yeah go seriously fuck yourself you stupid twat and take your shitty plebs taste to somewhere else.
Or Like an old man used to say here. Go watch zambot 3.
>>
File: greco-genki.jpg (320KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
greco-genki.jpg
320KB, 1920x1080px
>>15140725
>Awesome 00's mecha thread.
Well if you insist...
>>
>>15140862
If you're talking about Evangelion, it's the single most overrated mecha anime ever created.
If you're talking about Gurren Lagann, there are a fuckload of old 70's series that had more or less the same amount of hot blooded moments and manlyness, and GL has so many references to those series that it feels more like a tribute than anything else.
Eva is like listening to the Beatles.
GL is like taking a compilation of famous symphonies and making a dubstep remix of them.
>>
/m/ really needs to get out more.

If you guys interacted with other boards you would've realized OP is shitposting and this thread could've been sage'd
>>
>>15140725
You're treated like a plebeian because you're a fucking idiot. As if your replies weren't proof enough, you don't even know how to properly write plebeian, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>15140981
This. I'm starting to think all the people seriously replying ITT are just newfags who think they're hot shit because they've seen all the classics that any mecha fan would have seen by now anyway.
>>
>>15141447
Sometimes, it's fun to bite the bait and see just how stupid the shitposter's logic can get

>>15140943
TTGL is more overrated simply because it is even less original, and thus less deserving of its ratings even if it is a better show
>>
>>15142110
>Sometimes, it's fun to bite the bait and see just how stupid the shitposter's logic can get

Just like how fun it is to poke Shrimpy when he graces us with his presence.
>>
>>15142114
fakeshrimpy is boring as fuck, he just parrots tumblr shit
>>
>>15142110
>Show is better
>Deserves worse rating because'not as original'
This is stupid. Everything takes elements form somewhere else. Everything has already been done in some way or the other. Are cave paintings the greatest works of art of all time?
There is a difference between respect for those who came before you and blindly dismissing everything new.
I have to admit I have yet to watch most of the 70s classics, but I still think that Gurren Lagann is one of, if not THE greatest mecha anime of all time, and this has rather little to do with its ancestry and more with its execution.
Also, does 'overrated' exist? Nothing can be objectively good, and ratings just represent people's opinion on the show. Aggregate ratings tell you how well-liked a show is, not how 'good' it is. 'Overrated' is just your opinion after all.
>>
>>15140833
Your soul is weighed down by gravity
>>
>>15140942
thats 10s not 00s
>>
>>15140833
Is this copy pasta?
>>
>>15140981
>>15141447
I've been on this board for many many years and I can safely say it's the easiest board to bait.

No matter how big or small a bait, it's a /m/an's job to bite it.
>>
>>15142559
I didn't say it deserved a worse rating, you faggot, I said it doesn't deserve half the praise it gets because half the praise it gets is about it being unique and revolutionary, which is blatantly untrue.

NGE gets a lot of the same comments thrown at it, and it isn't the most original thing in the world either, but it does take elements from a variety of different shows and attempts to have a more distinct identity, as opposed to Gurren Lagann, which is literally just Getter Robo Armageddon + Diebuster/FLCL
>>
>>15140725

You're not plebeian for your taste in shows. You're plebeian because you cry like a bitch whenever people say shit about them.

It's the perpetual victim complex you assholes have that make people hate you not your shows. You act like you're exempt from criticism and it's fucking annoying.
>>
>>15140833
>There isn't a single melodramatic scene in Gurren Lagaan

You are lying so hard so hard your pants are going to catch fire.
>>
>>15140725
>>>/v/
>>
File: 1485159725538.png (42KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1485159725538.png
42KB, 500x501px
>>15140833
>>
MOOOOOOM, /m/ is being mean to me again.
>>
>>15140833
What's the point of all of that if the mecha fights aren't even good in GL? The budget is wasted on shitty choreography.
>>
>>15140833
Your soul is clearly weighed down by gravity.
>>
File: colony_drop.png (117KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
colony_drop.png
117KB, 300x200px
>>15140725

Just dropping in to tell you to kill yourself.
>>
File: mfw actually watching g-saviour.png (150KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mfw actually watching g-saviour.png
150KB, 640x480px
>falling for bait this obvious
>>
File: Typical Gainax Fans.png (24KB, 802x263px) Image search: [Google]
Typical Gainax Fans.png
24KB, 802x263px
>>15140725
Hi there Plebbit

Yes. You are a plebian.
>>
>>15140725
>I'm sick and tired of being treated like I'm a plebian, or a second class citizen here
It's a fucking imageboard, not an actual place. It's one of the deadest too, who gives a fuck?

>I happen to find Neon Genesis Evangelion and Gurren Lagaan to be the greatest mecha stories ever created.
So good you can't even spell the name right. You have to understand; what you have described here is equivalent to going to the Royal Society and proclaiming Scientology is the best science-related theory of everything. Not only is it explicitly a new philosophy, it's also highly derivative and doesn't actually bring anything new other than proving how easy it is to draw in followers.
In short, everyone here has been high on mecha since long, LONG before Gurren Lagann. There are a myriad of media that are far and away much better than everything Gurren Lagann is famous for - they're just relatively obscure because they haven't been dubbed and released in the mainstream western media. I respect your choices; hell, Evangelion is what got me into mecha back in 1997 (even though I don't like it, it still has some of the most groundbreaking animation I've ever seen) and I actually do enjoy Gurren Lagann's ability to mix hotblooded action and music to instil hype in the audience - despite that, you have to understand that you can't just barge into a church and say "No, everything you're doing is wrong because I've seen this thing".

>I was trying to discuss Pacific Rim a few months back but told to go back to /tv/
Wish I could say I was surprised but it's because this board is slow. There have been many times where I post a thread and it gets no responses for days; we love Pacific Rim here, just probably some troll happened to be on at the time and not the rest of us.
>>
>>15140725
If you think NGE and TTGL are such great stories, why can't you accept they have flaws? Blind admiration is the emotion furthest from understanding.
>>
>>15140833
You're making me feel guilty about liking Gurren Lagann, that's how autistic you are
>>
>>15140725
Why do you seem like the type of nigga to go on /r9k/ just call people there losers?
>>
>>15140943
>>15142110
>GL has so many references to those series that it feels more like a tribute than anything else.
>TTGL is more overrated simply because it is even less original

What the fuck happened over the years, I thought /m/ of all boards knew Gurren Lagann was meant as a tribute show from the very start. It went through the Super Robot era, to the Real Robot-ish politics shit, to the batshit crazy Gainax-tier shit as a finale. Every step of the way had a ton of references, because the show is a love letter to the genre and that's all it was ever meant to be. Did it just get too popular for you or something?
>>
>>15146320
It's been over 10 years since they repeat this shit already.

I know, TTGL is still shit.

Shit music, shit mechs, shit characters, shit choreography.
>>
>>15140725
generic shounen is /a/
>>
>>15146337
Doesn't matter what someone thinks about the show, shit or awesome. Bitching about it being unoriginal is just stupid when the whole point of the show was being a tribute/reference.
>>
>>15146362
>tribute/reference.
tribute/reference to my dick
>>
>>15146362
It being a tribute/rip off or whatever does not excuse it being unoriginal.
>>
>>15146320
>as a tribute show

Is that what you're trying to call it now?
>>
File: 87678687.jpg (56KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
87678687.jpg
56KB, 800x600px
>>15140725
NGE is top tier
Gurren Laggan is solid 8/10 , as a mecha fan I totally liked it.
The problem is that TTGL fanbase (and Gainax shows in general) is full of retarded faggots like yourself.
That's the reason why the show gets soo some much hate here.
>>
File: 4698798.jpg (488KB, 2300x1705px) Image search: [Google]
4698798.jpg
488KB, 2300x1705px
>>15146386
It always was and we always known it.
Only imbeciles that try too hard to fit in deny it
>>
>>15147123

Deny what? You can have all the homages and references you want. It doesn't matter. You where so busy covering yourself in references that you never formed an identity of your own and it shows through as painfully shallow.
>>
File: sdjlwd.png (569KB, 700x539px) Image search: [Google]
sdjlwd.png
569KB, 700x539px
>>15147116
>The problem is that TTGL fanbase (and Gainax shows in general) is full of retarded faggots like yourself.
>That's the reason why the show gets soo some much hate here.

This is true and OP is a faggot. Keeping dumbasses like that away is a good thing.

But let's not forget the autists on here who vehemently hate TTGL for the dumbest reasons. Even if you or I accept its flaws, you can't even argue with some people here reasonably (looking at you choreographyfag(s)) because they're too far up their own asses. A show having a shit fanbase is not an excuse for people to act retarded to others who actually have a decent argument behind them, as rare as it might be to them. If you genuinly like super robot shows or even mecha anime in general, you'd very well know each and every one of has its own share of flaws that obviously vary. They aren't works of particularly high quality in both direction, execution or writing a lot of the time but does that stop us from liking them? Fuck no, of course we still like them. We like our Mazingers, Getters, Zambots, Dougrams, Gundams, Braves, etc whatever appeals to you. So why do they feel the need to shit on TTGL so hard then? Fanbase isn't even an excuse at this point and it's clearly not a meme like with Gundam.

Also, make no mistake, I'm aware /m/ has always fucked around with each other but this is ridiculous. Both sides should just grow up already.
>>
I personally think that both NGE and TTGL were fun rides, overall.

Nothing to write home about, but pretty enjoyable stylish shit, like Xabungle was back in a day.
There is nothing "revolutionary" there, that Tomino didn't provide back in 70-80s with Zambot/Daitarn 3, Ideon, 0079 etc.

It's just, there was no real memorable/fresh series at that point, so people who didn't want to get into Gundam with all that backstory from a million OVAs found it really easy to get into NGE as it was "thematic anime about stuff".

Same is probably true for TTGL, but I honestly never understood why it is considered to be "mech anime renaissance" or whatever, rather than a genre curiosity from mid-00s. Code Geass was way more significant for the mech genre at the time.
>>
>>15147123
>but i thought that we, the next generation of creators, have to introduce his great works to younger people
Ironic isn't it?
Since most younger people don't even care or know who Ken Ishikawa is or Getter Robo.
Hell might as well throw in Zambot 3 abd Daitarn 3.
>>
>>15146362
I'm not bitching. I don't give a fuck about how original is. I liked TTGL and my favorite anime is Shin Mazinger for Christ's sake

"Overrated" is a term that applies to personal perception of general public opinion. My perception of general public opinion is that people think it is good because it is original. Therefore, I believe it is overrated because this is not true

Reading compregension, please
>>
>>15147195
>So why do they feel the need to shit on TTGL so hard then?
No fuck off.

TTGL fags look for trouble all the time. A getterfag didn't start this thread. A ttglfag did. Their kind does this shit all the time, and then cry foul when someone calls them out on the bullshit.

Nobody was hating on TTGL or even thinking about it till some faggots like OP came here and started whining about how we don't like TTGL as much as him.

This is just plain entitlement. They think they can pull their fanboyism shit here because they they do it on regular basis on some other shitty anime forums.

How would you like it if I created 10 threads here about how GaoGaiGar is the best show ever and everything else is shit in comparison? OH WAIT...

CLAWSHRIMPY. Yeah, how did you guys feel about Clawshrimpy? Not so good huh? Well, faggot op isn't any different.
>>
>>15147787
>A getterfag didn't start this thread. A ttglfag did.

>implying this thread isn't the work of an anally annhilated false flagging getterfag or a neutral shitposter
>>
>>15147800
I've never seen a pro Getter false flagger, and if they were they wouldn't need to strawman TTGL. It's very clearly a neutral shitposter false flagging or a literal retard. I'd bet money it's the same guy who is blatantly shitposting with the name Mario.
>>
Gurren Lagann was fucking garbage. It didn't fix shit, it broke it more.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 500x375px
>/m/ hates TTGL because it is popular!!!!
Lmao nice try Tumblr but we hate it because it is fucking cringe and has waifushit and Reddit animation. The only thing that comes close to TTGL level of cancer is Go Nagai shit. Pro tip: only Gainaxfags and TTGL autists like Go Nagai.
>>
File: Theyreallgonnalaughatyou.png (369KB, 641x480px) Image search: [Google]
Theyreallgonnalaughatyou.png
369KB, 641x480px
>>15140942
>Awesome
>Greco
Go and don't come back

>>15140725
I liked TTGL but you are absolutely a plebeian and you deserve every ounce of getting shit on that you get.
>>
>>15147822
>he says this after posting a picture from the most autistic anime ever made
>>
>TTGLfags
This is busterbeam, the legitimate autist who comes here to defend TTGL:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=FXQPE1GHk9Y
Notice his underage, autistic, and faggot sounding voice. Really puts the TTGL fagbase into perspective huh?
>>
File: 87698276982.png (132KB, 729x399px) Image search: [Google]
87698276982.png
132KB, 729x399px
>>15147822
Read this post, this is exactly this board problem.
/m/ is now full of this kind of faggots.
They shit in everything , 90% of his posts are hate memes and buzzwords , they contribute nothing.
Now every franchise/show has is own dedicated shitposter in this board.
Getter , Gunbuster and Mazinger threads are filled with shitposting and falseflagging.
There are periodical threads to hate on Matsumoto and Tomino.
Where does this cancer comes from.
>>
I haven't laughed this hard at posts in a few month.
Thanks, for the unbridled keks, OP.

Stay (You)rself!
>>
>>15147894
>They shit in everything
No, just the cancer. I like good mecha animes like Gundam, Dragonar, and Dunbine.
>>
>>15147905
>Dunbine
>Good
Kek. Dunbine is one of the worst mecha anime ever made. The final arc drags on forever.

>Gundam
>Good
Well 3/4 of Gundam is crap. Only 1/4 of it is watchable.

Tomino is cancer, just like everything else on this board.
>>
>>15147905
>>15147910
KYS
>>
>>15147894
The Tomino hate threads are just trolling. Matsumoto is actually shit though.
>>
>>15147894
>There are periodical threads to hate on Matsumoto
Matsumoto is legitimately terrible.
>>
>>15147924
>that's what tominofags actually believe

Matsumoto might make crappy manga, but Tomino makes equally crappy anime.
>>
>>15147924
>tomino defense force out today
don't you have g reco to go cram your face into a "2deep4u" trash heap?
>>
>>15147822
>and Reddit animation.
I think you're going insane with the hate memes, anon.
>>
toku should get its own board
>>
>>15147894
>Where does this cancer comes from.
The other boards.
>>
>>15140725
It isn't just /m/ that thinks this way

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm491534

>Comments: "Disgusting" "Ripoff" "Wasn't that bad, but it's easy to tell how old people who say it's really good are" "stay the fuck out of SRW please" "The best robot anime were in the 80's" "Isn't the believe in me who believes in you thing a ripoff of Kamen Rider 555?"

>"The so-called hotblood was too aimed for and badly written" "Throwing together tropes doesn't make a good show" "Only children like this rubbish" "I honestly found it boring" "Fake hotblood" "People say it's a homage but it's just a ripoff" "I don't think it's a ripoff, but the supposed hotbloodedness felt all wrong" "This is a parody right?"
>I hate how the retards who like this tend to make fun of the shows it's an homage to
>>
>>15147905
>No, just the cancer. I like good mecha animes like Gundam, Dragonar, and Dunbine.

You have shit taste. Dunbine and Gundam as examples of good mecha anime ? Lol. You've chosen the worst 2 series that Tomino ever worked on. Get the fuck out of /m/
>>
I come back here, I am the OP, I'd like to first clarify, to see a bunch of nice discussion amidst the hellfire of the elitism that plagues our community. I am proud of you guys who are keeping it real and civil and actually having a mature discussion. That is very important for us to grow as a community because this board is too slow. We can make /m/ into the biggest board on 4chan with our strong sense of community.

It's really just a matter of time.
>>
>>15140725
>caring about online arguements

lol, just lol
>>
>>15147787
>A getterfag didn't start this thread. A ttglfag did.
no, it was made by that faggot that starts with the nagai shitposting with the "what did he mean by this" bullshit ; then goes to getter shitposting, then he shifts to matsumoto, and then some gundam and fianlly the cycle comes back with some "baaaww why don't you like gurren lagann!?"
>>
>>15140725
Give it up, Woolie. You're trash.
>>
>>15148988
Didn't he have a podcast on YouTube about mecha?
>>
>>15149059
Did he? I'd love to see it now.
But I think what is coming to mind is probably MECHAWEEK 1 & 2 where he just jacked off to games using concepts from entry level stuff.
>>
>>15140833
TTGL is highly derivative of earlier mecha shows. Almost every single piece of it is a throwback, callback, reference, or reproduction of a previous series. Thus, to appreciate it fully, you have to watch it in context. Which means watching all the "70s crap".

Of course, since you have shit taste and a sub-70 IQ, you haven't done that. So you come storming into /m/ with your fucked up pseudo-acceptance speech demanding to be respected for your uninformed, idiotic opinions. Why don't you listen to the people who recommend "70s soap operas" before you trash them and then subsequently pout and demand that they agree with you?

Is TTGL a bad show? It's a matter of opinion. But the history behind the show and the influence it takes is not opinion, it's fact. You can close your eyes and pretend that TTGL invented all of its tropes, but you'd be lying.

I honestly can't believe anyone is stupid enough to believe all the garbage you typed, so I'm going to take a note from >>15148132 and assume that you're a coked-up fourteen year old from /v/ who can only shitpost TTGL because it's the only thing he knows.
>>
>>15149078
That's the one.
For some reason I thought it was a podcast...
>>
>>15149078
After getting into mecha, Woolie talking about mecha shows makes me cringe. I haven't watched sbf content in almost a year but Woolie saying he's big into mecha and then you see what he's seen it makes mechaweek basically a farce.
>>
>>15147846
Thanks for the views son :^)
>>
>>15149948
It's been three months since I've posted here, anon or not, and you guys are still chimping and accusing innocent by standers of being me

good timez
>>
>>15149954
I have seen your name thrown around but I haven't been around enough to see you post more than a handful of times. Regale me, do you think ttgl is some amazing show? I found it fun but extremely flawed.
>>
File: ttgl.png (402KB, 575x1553px) Image search: [Google]
ttgl.png
402KB, 575x1553px
>>15149962
It's a great show, definitely top 5 material for me. Not as nearly good as FLCL though.

I'm not gonna write anything new for a shit thread of OP victimizing himself but here's the only living copypaste I could find from tumblr after the 4chan archives shoah
>>
>>15140725
>Constantly shit on people for years for not thinking TTGL is te best mecha ever and everything else is inferior
>"It's not fair when it happens to us!"
>>
>>15149972
Jesus, when you see that pic, you realize how fucking autistic the TTGL fanbase is.

I'm ashamed I used to like this show.
>>
>>15149993
I started using /m/ in late 2007 when I picked up GaoGaiGar and I've never seen that being the consensus from GL fans at any point, let alone for "years".

You are just as delusional as OP.
>>
>>15144746
>You're making me feel guilty about liking Gurren Lagann, that's how autistic you are

Gurren Lagann is ok, it's just that the second part is underwhelming at least when it comes to character development. And no, that one character should never have been allowed to die. On the other hand, Nya is useless and I wished we had GL versus Lord Genom as the final boss (after 25 episodes) of the series instead of what we got.
>>
File: Vampires.png (603KB, 800x436px) Image search: [Google]
Vampires.png
603KB, 800x436px
>>15144573
>implying 90s dubs arent great
>>
File: 1458703949822.jpg (33KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
1458703949822.jpg
33KB, 704x480px
>>15140862
>"Was designed to lose money"
Wat
>>
>>15142669

We have people who all they do is come up with lame reasons to troll a show, just because it exists. Even shows nobody really watched like Kuromukuro. It's quite lazy really.
>>
>>15140725
Oh boo-fucking-hoo. I like Gundams SEED, SEED Destiny, and AGE, but you don't see me bitching about having to explain over and over again how Kira survived fighting Athrun. I dislike Gunbuster and Turn A, but I don't go out of my way to shut fans of those shows down.
>>
>>15140890
Is Bomberman /m/?
>>
>>15147123
>Spent years seeing this excerpt.
>it was even listed on wikpedia.
>Quoted over and over.
>I remember reading the quote in the original magazine.
>Mention in threads that they also listed Tomino shows, and other shows as influences
>NO THEY DIDN'T STOP LYING FAGGOT! TTGL IS TOO GREAT TO BE INFLUENCED BY TOMINO!
>Track down the original magazine.
>Scan it and post the full interview.
>Mention a full range of influences, not just Getter, (Still important mind you), from Ashita no Joe, Yakuza shows, Daitarn 3, Xabungle, etc.
>Immediately get people in that thread going "NO TOMINO HAD NO INFLUENCE ON TTGL! STOP LYING FAGGOT!

To this day I have no idea why this show rots people's brains.

>Hell might as well throw in Zambot 3 abd Daitarn 3.
He actually does mention those in his full interview. And says that the way setting world building in Xabungle was used was a huge influence. (And to this day whenever mention this, there is always someone going "LOL THIS FAGGOT THINKS XABUNGLE INVENTED DESERTS!")

While he didn't mention Go Nagai in his interview, Imashi did in an interview, in the same magazine, in a different issue.
>>
File: Yoko.png (832KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Yoko.png
832KB, 1280x800px
If anything, GL had at least time skip Yoko.
>>
When is Imashi's anime supposed to air this year?

The one that is supposedly for TTGL and mecha fans?
>>
>>15150392
Yes, the Bombermen are robots
>>
>>15151045
I thought they were aliens.
>>
>Martin Scorsese references multiple works by other directors, often using identical shots
>Movie fans appreciate his references and understand that their usage recontextualizes and enriches their meaning
>nobody spergs out and says "hurrr Hugo is a shit movie, newfags need to watch A Trip to the Moon it's a million times better"

why are anime fans so shit
>>
File: lor04.gif (5KB, 200x94px) Image search: [Google]
lor04.gif
5KB, 200x94px
>>15151085
Nope they are a race of robots. The original Bomberman you were trying to reach the surface to become human, if you reach the surface you become the guy from Lode Runner revealing Bomberman is a prequel to Lode Runner.
>>
>>15150485
I'd be surprised if it airs this year, with LWA being a split-cour show and everything. But I'm just speculating here.
>>
>>15150469

That design is so awful and Yoko is a beyond worthless character. She's not even that hot compared to a lot of /m/ babes
>>
File: dqtroll.png (14KB, 326x249px) Image search: [Google]
dqtroll.png
14KB, 326x249px
>>15140833
This has to be a troll. Nobody could possibly refuse to try anything other than what they're comfortable with and then have the audacity to accuse others of being closed minded directly after they were told themselves to open their own mind.
>>
>diebuster troll thread
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
YOU'VE BEEN DOING THIS SHIT FOR OVER TEN FUCKING YEARS NOW

OVER
TEN
FUCKING
YEARS

I HOPE YOU CATCH AIDS YOU SON OF A BITCH
>>
>>15151167
That's cool.
But I was talking specifically within GL.
>>
>>15151094
>why are anime fans so shit

Because most anime fans have no historical memory at all. That doesn't mean you have to watch 60 years of anime just to understand the current production. And you can certainly enjoy modern anime without ever having watched one 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s anime. But it all comes down crashing when you hear them say "it's the best anime of all time, it invented this and that" when it's not in the least true. Most fans should educate themselves about the history of anime and manga. Read a fucking book and don't ever go to tv-tropes. It will kill your enjoyement of any tv show (including anime) FOR EVER.
>>
>>15151636

I know what you meant.
>>
>>15150004
You won't see it on /m/, because the culture here revolves around more stuff. Users have actually seen a lot of mecha and so the opinions are a little more spread out.

If you take a spin through various anime forums, you'll find that picks for "best mecha anime" consistently hover around Eva, TTGL, and CG. As for "shitting on", it seems that a ton of anime fans just shit on the entire mecha genre. I don't see any more so coming from TTGL fans.
>>
I stopped by to post on this thread to say I like ttgl and used to like nge until they shitted it up with so much shit cg.

I don't like old old anime because it usually looks like shit and is difficult/impossible to watch.

I am a mecha fan.

I also don't like the Beatles. It also doesn't mean that I don't respect what they did. But you can't seriously expect everyone to like them because of a bunch of "firsts" that makes no sense.

Long live anime. Death to the cancer that is CG shit. Go back to drawing the anime, you fools.
>>
File: hmm.png (63KB, 200x211px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
63KB, 200x211px
>>15151694

>I don't like old old anime because it usually looks like shit and is difficult/impossible to watch.
>>
>>15151700
What? It looks really shitty and old. Prove me wrong. I'm not trolling. It is fact.
Having to like something old before you can like new stuff is so fucking dumb. It doesn't even make sense. TTGL is great to me and I've never forced myself to watch Gayguiser from the 70's. NGE looked good until 1.11 and all that shit.
You're only trolled if you want to be. Yeah, I'm still a mecha fan even if I don't like the Beatles. Get it?
>>
File: 1479071513162.png (7KB, 480x280px) Image search: [Google]
1479071513162.png
7KB, 480x280px
>>15151756
>>
File: seskafan.png (38KB, 275x426px) Image search: [Google]
seskafan.png
38KB, 275x426px
>>15151756
But Anon, only poptimists like the Beatles.

And you're advocating anime poptimism.

How ironic!
>>
>>15151658
Then why compare to other "/m/ babes"?
>>
>>15151694
> is difficult/impossible to watch
This is our Tomino all right.
>>
>>15151890

The point was that Yoko has zero redeeming traits both in show and out of it.
>>
>>15151912
I'm sure anon.
>>
>>15151930

Im not sure you even understand how conversation works
>>
File: gainermain.jpg (56KB, 429x165px) Image search: [Google]
gainermain.jpg
56KB, 429x165px
We do, OP. You're just a plebian faggot with a persecution complex.
>>
>>15151933
I know right?
Makes me wonder how I'm having one with you right now.
>>
>>15151940
This.
>>
>>15147822
>autists
But the image you posted contains a canonically autistic character.
>>
Gurren Lagann was my first mecha anime. I was completely unaware of the genre before hand. But after I finished it I was pumped and I thought it was the best anime ever to be created of all time. Then I watched more and more mecha and my fanboyism for the show has died down. When Gurren Lagann came out there were plenty of others like me who thought it was the best show ever, and they flooded /m/. They shot down anyone who said another mecha anime was just as good or better than TTGL. Of course saying this is /m/, there were many who liked old mecha anime from the 70's and beyond. So when Gurren Lagann fans flooded /m/ they quickly grew a reputation for not being able to see flaws and always turning down old mecha anime. So because of a...lot of bad apples spoiling the bunch, TTGL is slightly looked down upon.
Of course, we all must remember that it is all opinion. We should not shove opinion's in others throats. Because if you try to enforce a belief on someone, that someone will hate that belief even more than before.
>>
>>15140725
>Oh well. Awesome 00's mecha thread.
None exist.
>>
>>15149948

Jesus christ dude. Please just kill yourself already.
>>
Well, while we're here talking about 00's mecha, I just recently watched eureka 7 for the first time, what do y'all think of it?
Personally I liked it a lot, but that's because it hit all the right buttons for me, and I did notice several issues that could turn off other people.
>>
>>15159010
It was like Evangelion in reverse. Confusing for the first 10 eps, then it starts to makes sense....but then the last episode also became a mind fuck.
>>
File: 122.jpg (154KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
122.jpg
154KB, 1920x1080px
Gurren Lagann isn't that good from a story standpoint. All it had going for it was visuals.

As a supposed love letter to the Super Robot genre it made a lot of misplays or under utilized elements that should have gotten more focus. Simon becomes too bland in the second half, becoming a demi-god only hampered whenever he's worried about Nia. Nia herself is too plot centric and they wasted a episode on Yoko just fucking around at a school. Their villain designs became super weak in the 2nd half and resorted to the same "Evil Version of your mech for a final boss" when they did that for the 1st half. The Anti-Spiral Mechs fall into boring cube mechs or boring clusterfucks that aren't disturbing just lame.

It's an average show, but it never really outpaces it's animation, which is the mark of the really great shows. When even with barely any budget they manage to make things amazing, while Gurren Lagann took the cheap way of just making things "bigger"

You're gonna call me Clawshrimpy but the Goldion Crusher was fucking an entire series and an ova to build up too, meanwhile the power ups in Gurren Lagann were just pulled out when Gainax needed to up the scale of the fights without fanfare or build up. Diebuster has a better upgrade power up than Gurren Lagann because it gets built up
>>
File: gaogaigar.jpg (64KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
gaogaigar.jpg
64KB, 704x528px
>>15159544

Well see that's the kind of thing that bugs me. Yes, new powers and hotblood and courage saving the day are hardly uncommon but they're rarely plan A.

Using GaoGaiGar as the example nearly every episode had the heroes going in with some new plan or invention and it was only when that shit failed did they have to pull through with guts.

Everything in GL is too results based. Super Robot Anime is hotblooded therefor all you need is hotblood. It's not wrong but it's only surface level. There's more to it than that.
>>
>>15150288
My negroid

So many good one liners
>>
>>15159010
Interesting premise and story mired by A TERRIBLE cast of characters
>>
>>15140725
I watched and I'm watching a bunch of 70s and 80s mecha animes, still my favorite is TTGL for some reasons.

But what I want to say is that you're a huge faggot OP, because 70's mecha animes are fucking cool.
>>
>>15140725
>I'm sick and tired of being treated like I'm a plebian, or a second class citizen here because I happen to find Neon Genesis Evangelion and Gurren Lagaan to be the greatest mecha stories ever created.
Then stop.
>>
>>15161612
By should he stop fighting for what he believes in?
>>
File: shino.png (210KB, 608x600px) Image search: [Google]
shino.png
210KB, 608x600px
>>15161618

Pay attention you name fag piece of shit.

Nobody fucking cares what his favorite mecha anime are. It could be TTGL, Eva, Heroic Age, Gigantic Formula fucking whatever. No one cares.

The reason people are calling him a bitch is because instead of just make a thread for 2000s animes (2000s mecha anime go!) he cried like a whiny little girl about how everyone was picking on him and that no one should be allowed to make fun of his shows.

Do you not get how much Gundam shit posting we get for new and old shows? Have you seen people shit on Macross? Every show has it's haters but instead of ignoring them and actually discussing the shows you like with the people who agree like everyone else fucking does he cries like a little bitch.

That's the problem. There's nothing to stand up to. There's no fight. We're a fucking retarded ass weaboo image board. We don't owe him or you anything and if he can't handle the negativity then he's free to fuck right off.
>>
>>15161670
You haven't lived till you witness Getter Robo spicposting
>>
>>15161618
He should stop acting like only ttgl get shit threads here. Because /m/ doesn't actually like mecha, and no one is spared from the rampant shitposting.
>>
>>15161670
So you're calling me the b-word when I've been nothing but respectful and clean as far as I can tell yet you spew pure negativity and attack my character because I am upset my favorite shows in the world are needlessly assaulted every flilppin' day here.

You know how hard it is to find someone to talk about these shows? I brought them up at work and at the bar and I got looked at like I was some kind of freak. You know how that feels? It freaking sucks, man. This is my favorite place in the world, I feel like its the only place I'll ever be accepted. We're all such good friends here yet there's rotten people like you who think nothing of yourselves and your feelings.

Have you've ever considered how I've felt? I don't think so. You're nasty. You're impure. You need to grow the heck up.
>>
>>15162054

No Im calling you a BITCH (You can swear on the Internet, junior) because you're crying that people said shit about your show. There's a lot of shows that get shit on every day, you're not special and your favorite shows don't get a "get out of shitposting free" card.

Quit being a fucking crybaby and maybe people won't give you so much fucking hell.
>>
File: 080.jpg (284KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
080.jpg
284KB, 1280x720px
>>15161670
Pretty much. The only shows that can survive unmolested by shitposters are shows with such a high barrier of entry that a shitposter is exposed the moment they try anything and are ignored or who fanbase is so civil you can't bait them.

You won't find any of that in a Gainax or Gundam show
>>
>>15162064
I know I can swear on the internet. I like to think I'm a better person than to have to resort to using obscenities to get my point across. I guess you can say I'm an adult. And my shows get needlessly assaulted daily here. I enjoy a good rousing jest in a discussion but when its every single day and I can't discuss it. PERIOD. then I think I have a right to be offended.
>>
>>15162088
>I guess you can say I'm an adult.

If you where an adult you wouldn't be having a tantrum because an image board online didn't like your favorite cartoon.
>>
>>15161670
Alright I see. But isn't there also the possibility of a troll invading on his board as well? I've seen it happen before.
>>
I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT SHITPOSTING IS ANYMORE
>>
>>15162364

That is highly likely. But as Ive said already, every show gets haters and we all had to deal with trolls. TTGL fags are not special and like everyone else they just need to ignore and move on. Not start a topic with them crying about how they don't like getting picked on because it's something we all have to deal with. He is not being singled out.
>>
I feel like the best part of this thread is that /m/ totally has perfectly fine TTGL threads from time to time. Yeah there are dudes who scream it sucks and than you should kill yourself for liking it in them, but desu every show has that.
>>
TTGL faggots are whiny. Learn to deal with it.

http://desuarchive.org/m/thread/14844162
>>
What's one feature or aspect you'd like to see in your ideal mecha anime?
>>
>>15162088
>>15162364
You just fucking deal with it. You can't have a civil conversation about Getter without, at best, empty insults that aren't backed by any reasoning other than "well everyone knows ______" and at worst it's flagrant shitposting about spics. Getter lately has had someone try to false flag in random threads and try to start shit. It's a spill over of some kiddies from /pol/ or /v/ want to troll for the first time or someone got their ass destroyed for having entry level tastes and now wants to make /m/ a little less nicer to visit. Just ignore retards and discuss what you want to discuss. Report blatant shitposting and eventually the auto system will prune them from the thread.

Honestly I'm not even convinced this thread isn't a false flag because they are so prevalent these days. The problem with all this is /m/ was too peaceful for too long that it's extraordinarily easy to bait so crossboarding kids who want to be edgy have a field day.

tldr stop whining and just talk about fucking robots or robot related subjects
>>
I know this is pasta but
>NGE
Some neat concepts and designs but tried way too hard to be deep. Never stuck out to me

>TTGL
The pinnacle of shounen but in a good way. Lordgenome was fantastic and the OST was great
>>
>>15162088
>>15162054
>b-word
>flippin'
>heck

>talking about weebshit irl with normies

>friends
We are not your friends, kiddo.

>right to be offended
>over a luxury like media
Am I on reddit or something?
>>
File: Godannar.jpg (38KB, 266x430px) Image search: [Google]
Godannar.jpg
38KB, 266x430px
>>15163152

The only thing worse than your logic is your manners. I have snipped away most of your of what you wrote, because, well ... it didn't really say anything. Your attempt at constructing a creative flame was pitiful. I mean, really, stringing together a bunch of insults among a load of babbling was hardly effective... Maybe later in life, after you have learned to read, write, spell, and count, you will have more success. True, these are rudimentary skills that many of us "normal" people take for granted that everyone has an easy time of mastering. But we sometimes forget that there are "challenged" persons in this world who find these things to be difficult. If I had known that this was true in your case then I would have never exposed myself to what you wrote. It just wouldn't have been "right." Sort of like parking in a handicap space. I wish you the best of luck in the emotional and social struggles that seem to be placing such a demand on you.
>>
>>15163179
Fuck off Pablo
>>
>>15163179
>new IP
Good try, but you aren't OP.
>>
>>15140725

Gurren Lagoon? What's so special? Why is it anywhere near god tier Evangelion?
>>
>>15163457
>Gurren Lagoon? What's so special?
if you can swim to the bottom there's treasure
>>
>>15163457
>evangelion
>god tier
Stop it.
>>
>>15159508
I didn't really enjoy the first 10 episodes that much.
Renton doesn't learn from any of his experiences during these episodes. Then suddenly after he does and the show is beautiful.
>>
>>15163851
Yeah me neither. But I guess it prepared me since I was about to start ZZ and much like Eureka 7 the first 10 episodes were hard to get into.
>>
>>15162728
Alright, I see. I'm new to 4chan and only ever go on /m/. So I just want to know what it's like here.
>>
>>15163912

Lemme give you some advice.

Unless you actually have something tangible to share with the board (subs, rips, scans etc) then drop the name. You'll get on much better as an Anon. You don't need an online handle, we're not that kind of website.

You don't need the attention and drawing it to yourself just makes you a magnet for shit posters.
>>
ttgl sucks. i hope that doesn't trigger you much.
>>
>>15163925
I figured. That's why I mostly comment and rarely post.
>>
>>15164087
>That's why I mostly comment and rarely post.

Jesus fuck, they're the same thing, shit head. You're posting right now. What you just did? That's posting.
>>
>>15140725
>>15140833

HAHAHAHAHA

>Pleb.
>>
>>15164087
Please stick to one fucking name. I have four entries for you in my filters and it's getting really annoying.
>>
If you EVER refer to an entire board as "we" you are a massive faggot.
>>
File: 1207462387092.jpg (35KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1207462387092.jpg
35KB, 1280x800px
Gurren Lagann fails as a series due to it providing two different aspects to two different kinds of audiences.

>Those who've seen a variety of super robot shows recognize it as a love-letter to all those other shows and the motifs they had with them
>Those who aren't big on mecha in general (AKA the EvaGeeks crowd) see it as the Manly Supercool show that everyone loves and will never be surpassed, Row Row Fight Da Power!

Meanwhile both of those crowds are fucking idiots and should just realize that the show's just an excuse for Imaishi to draw/show whatever the fuck he wanted to do for 26 episodes (Much like Kill La Kill).
>>
>>15164913

nah bro, TTGL has a much more coherent and organized narrative and thematic direction than Kill La Kill, it's the more serious show as opposed to Kill La Kill which is just Imaishi having fun (which isn't a bad thing).
>>
File: ryuuko smile.gif (398KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ryuuko smile.gif
398KB, 640x360px
>>15164963

I seriously want to protect this smile.
>>
>>15164913
It was also a callback to Kanada's style of animation from the 70s.
Thread posts: 179
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.