[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, I'm hype as fuck for the new Pacific Rim movie. That

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

File: Pacific Rim.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Pacific Rim.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Guys, I'm hype as fuck for the new Pacific Rim movie. That Kaiju is so fierce and the Jaeger looks so colorful and slim.
>>
>>15130740
Isn't that the new Power Rangers?
>>
>>15130882
That'sthejoke.jpg
>>
>>15131097
You didn't have to bump a useless thread, you know.
>>
the new trailer simultaneously did more and less for me

>woo mechs
>what the FUCK alpha and zordon
>>
>>15131100
I think Alpha and Zordon were re-imagined in a really interesting way
>>
>>15131112
i'm gonna need you to explain yourself
>>
>>15131118
The floating head in the original is a bit cheesy, I think the way they did it fits the tone of the movie a lot more, and personally to me, I think it straight up looks better/cooler in general.

Alpha is questionable, but acceptable, and I think it's also an interesting change.
>>
The zords ended up looking better than the combiner.

Also we could use better music.
>>
>directed by Dean Israelite

They aren't even being subtle about it anymore.
>>
Don't insult Pacific Rim by comparing it to this Bayformers shit.
>>
>>15130740
WOH THAT LOOKS LIKE SHIT~!

oh its PR few!
>>
All I want is for their zords to be destroyed in the second movie to receive the Thunderzords. Maybe this time the studio will make it look more like the original.

They can keep the suits. It's a pipe dream though.
>>
>>15131300
The name of SABAN doesn't fucking give it away?
>>
>>15131133
I'm not liking what I've seen of the movie so far, but I will admit that movie Zordon actually looks much cooler than original Zordon.
>>
>>15131361
they are about the same level you know...
>>
>>15130740
Man, they changed everything except the akwardness.
>>
>>15131440
I found a bunch of different designs on google, which one is the real one?
>>
>>15132038
What are you doing on /m/? Fuck off back to /tv/ and shitpost about kino or star wars or whatever
>>
>>15132345
also that megazord
¡KEK!
>>
If this movie does well and Lionsgate turns it into a cinematic universe, how long before Lionsgate does a Masked Rider movie and tries to tie it in with the new PR movie's lore? This is assuming the rider they adapt is Black/Black RX
>>
>>15130740
dont know much about power rangers
has it always been about rebellious teenagers saving the world while saying lines only funny to a 12 year old??
>>
>>15132668
yes
>>
>>15132489
Nobody outside of Japan knows anything about Kamen Rider, so there would be literally no market.

And no, they won't try to let everyone know, they only make movies based on established properties.
>>
>>15132668
That is exactly what it always was.
>>
>>15132668
They aren't always Teenagers, but yes
>>
>>15132877
There's about 100 million people in the Philippines and 122 million in Mexico.
Large enough a market if any for a Kamen Rider property
>>
>>15130740
The megazord looks pretty weird but the 1995 movie had a weird one as well.
>>
File: BT.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BT.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
>>15132365
Just watch the trailer ya square
>>
That trailer was pretty cool, though I don't care for the designs of anything except maybe the individual zords
>>
>>15134341
That's just a shitty CG version of the second mecha from Kakuranger though
>>
File: 1484948519052.gif (7KB, 119x128px) Image search: [Google]
1484948519052.gif
7KB, 119x128px
>>15134296
Yeah, as well all know major movies are banking on the money of something other than the US or Chinese market.
>>
>>15134296
>Mexico.
>Large enough a market if any for a Kamen Rider property
>no Santo y Kamen Rider vs Mars Shocker
;_;
>>
>>15132489
Man, I'm glad Ishinomori isn't alive to see this if it happens. He hated what Saban did to Black and Black RX.

Then again, Ishinomori had a low opinion of Saban in general. Ishinomori reportedly said this about his meeting with Saban,"The most dry, financial, uncaring and legal discussions I have ever heard about art. It was truly disgusting."
>>
>>15135236
like anybody has a high opinion of Saban
>>
>>15135291
Yeah, and it's amazing how /m/ tries to make excuses for this asshole.

Long-time Toei producer Yoshinori Watanabe dreamed of introducing Japanese heroes to the US market, but was pissed that US resistance to foreign imports denied this. Toei originally wanted to keep sentai intact outside of dubbing or subbing, but Saban nixed it by arguing that American kids wouldn't respond to Orientals. I actually feel sorry for the creative staff that actually wanted Japanese popular heroes to be embraced by Americans like US ones were welcomed in Japan, but that's USA for ya. We can export our pop culture, but god forbid we accept anyone else's. And even when we do, it has to be modified by US middlemen (who usually get uppity and try to cheat the Japanese like 4Kids and Yugioh or Konami and Upper Deck).
>>
>>15135345
It's amazing that Saban can still be relevant when even 4Kids eventually fell, it's pathetic.

The worst part of it all is that his products got dubbed for international distribution, pissing off fans in countries that did embrace Japanese shows.
>>
>>15135345
Speaking of 4Kids didn't they do the Kinnikuman Nisei dub? It was decent from what I remembered.
>>
>>15135374
He's a multi-billionaire Jew with a long history of selling kid shows. Remember all that stuff that was on Nick Jr. in the 80's and early 90's? A lot of those cartoons were actually imported from Japan and Europe by Saban like Grimm's Fairy Tales. The dude made his fortune off of peddling other people's talent.

But unlike 4Kids, Saban is a savvy businessman. He's two-faced and cheap, but he knows how to make a profit and keep his house in order.

Remember how he sent that Cease & Desist to the Chroma Squad developers in Brazil for making a sentai game? Good times.

>>15135376
Yeah they did. 4Kids has a really mixed record when it comes to dubbing anime. I still haven't forgiven them for what they did to Ultraman Tiga.
>>
>>15135408
>I still haven't forgiven them for what they did to Ultraman Tiga.
they got it on tv and released subbed dvds those bastards
>>
>>15135426
It was the 1st major dub of toku to be shown on US network TV and they utterly fucked it up with those shitty gags. No shit it tanked.

And that subbed uncut DVD is out of print btw.
>>
>>15135408
Right, forgot that he has his fingers in many pies (unlike, say, Harmony Gold, who can only rely on Robotech and real estate to survive).

>>15135426
>>15135439
In fairness, Funimation did those DVDs, and did a decent job on those (putting aside the whole cinnamon bun/melon bread thing). At least they got ripped entirely for Internet safekeeping.
>>
>>15135374
>It's amazing that Saban can still be relevant when even 4Kids eventually fell, it's pathetic.
Toei has also fell on hard times. Popularity of their hero shows vanes by the year and so do toy sales and most of their key creative stuff of yore is either too old, left or straight up died and they're struggling together to upkeep the legacy that kept them alive for so long. At this point it may be a thing of pride to keep establishments such as Sentai, One Piece or Rider going. That's why we get anniversaries every fucking year. "This thing has been going for 45 years! 46 now! 47!" It's like a comfort zone they know they can work, even though it's in question if it itself can still work.

So marketing this production overseas right now is probably the least thing they have on their minds. A guy shows up and promises to sell their toys for little effort? They're a-fucking down to that. It doesn't help that mindshare is a much bigger issue now than it was 30, 20, hell even 10 years ago. There's so much entertainment, so much information, so many brands out there readily available, it's a like a singularity of artform.

So yeah, Toei doesn't care. The people who got to the goose that still lies passable golden eggs are lazy, uncaring hebrews. Such is life.
>>
>>15135236
Fuck you really, the only disgusting thing here is you pulling out information out of your ass. That never happened and you know it.
>>
>>15130740
>BAYFORMER design
gross beyond gross
>>
Man, Goldar looks...... eh in this remake.
>>
>>15136067
Not >>15136067 but if that Gene Simmons story is accurate, I wouldn't doubt Ishinomori being displeased at how Saban was during negotiations.
>>
>>15134341
ray tracing is the future
>>
File: jiro.png (332KB, 638x496px) Image search: [Google]
jiro.png
332KB, 638x496px
>>15140185
Ishinomori never met Saban in person and he was not involved with any sort of licensing business, he was only credited as "Original Concept" and nothing else and was probably way too busy with manga to even bother. Contrary to popular belief, Ishinomori hardly had anything to do with tokustasu, Hirayama would ask him for a concept for a live action show, he would give him sketches and make a manga based on the same concept. Only twice did he even get close to a camera because as a kid he dreamed of becoming a movie director and Hirayama gave him the chance to direct one episode of Kamen Rider and another one for Inazuman. That's it. Ishinomori's true work lies in his manga, he was just an idea man for tokusatsu. That was not his "life work", that was just a job he was commissioned to do and happened to turn into a huge success for both him and Toei. But he's no Eiji Tsuburaya, he had nothing to do with any of those shows past the very initial concept and character designs. People make ridiculous assumptions like that based only in the "original creator" credit those shows had.

He didn't write or directed any of those shows either. Sometimes the staff would try to add an "Ishinomori Touch" to the scripts, but other times the TV series would be the complete opposite of his own beliefs. Like this picture here.

Also, Ishinomori was very laid back and his assistants say they never saw him ever get angry. He had no reason to be mad at Saban, let alone because of some Kamen Rider Black RX adaptation. The only thing he did for that show was designing a few villains, even Black RX and his form were the work of Plex, a toy company. The Saban thing was made up by the American fandom at some point decades ago and the rumor persists to this day, which is really annoying. The quote that other guy posted is from some fanfic, by the way.
>>
>>15135345
Americans being more isolaionists than japanese? Wow didn't know that
>>
>>15136019
>So yeah, Toei doesn't care. The people who got to the goose that still lies passable golden eggs are lazy, uncaring hebrews. Such is life.
LOL, you have no idea how you're right. The Japs only gave the ok to Saban after he sang Super Sentai songs to them in a meeting. What a bunch of autists.

http://globe.asahi.com/feature/111016/01_3.html

Without PR, sentai would never have been popularized in the West. Weaboos like this >>15135345 should fuck off.
>>
>>15141972
Please, Nips are way more xenophobic than anyone on the globe. Their country is going into the gutter because they don't want to have immigrants while their birth rates are dropping.
>>
>>15141992
>Their country is going into the gutter because they don't want to have immigrants
While nearly every European country goes into the gutter because of immigrants.
>>
>>15141996
Before this turns into /pol/lite, I'm just gonna endcap this by saying there's a difference between importing 3rd worlders and actually allowing people who will contribute to Japan's society and economy.
>>
>>15141998
That's fair, I had assumed you were referring to something else
>>
>>15141018
SO MUCH THIS

Ishinomori was probably even flattered that someone took an interest in globalizing Kamen Rider regardless of the format. Without Saban, toku would've been dead by the late 90's.
>>
>>15141987
>Without PR, sentai would never have been popularized in the West.
It's been 20 years and this retarded myth still persists.
>>
>>15142010
How is this "retarded myth"?

Outside of Brazil and France, nobody gave a shit about sentai. If PR had never been made, sentai would've been solely fansubbed to a couple thousand neckbeards. It wouldn't have reached children like PR did.
>>
>>15141992
>>15141998
Importing immigrants to increase GDP is a stupid, stupid move.

>and actually allowing people who will contribute to Japan's society and economy.
There are already millions of japanese already.
Fuck off, they full.
>>
>>15142036
Japan's population is going to drop significantly by mid-century because nobody's having sex while all the old people die off. They need new blood to invigorate their decaying society and tax base.

Look at the US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. They have immigration that benefits them, Japan should do the same.
>>
>>15142040
>Japan's population is going to drop significantly by mid-century because nobody's having sex while all the old people die off. They need new blood to invigorate their decaying society and tax base.
When that happens, their economy will collapse, but their society will be revitalized by the young blood that still remains. Importing immigrants will destroy their society even more, as their GDP will increase, but not true stocks japs.
>Look at the US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. They have immigration that benefits them, Japan should do the same.
No, the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand are free to ruin their own countries, especially with Canada and Australia being overrun with chinks. Leave Japan out of it.
>>
>>15142070
"Muh true Japanese"
>>
>>15142098
Japan for japanese yes.
>>
>>15142070
>but not true stocks japs
There is no such thing as true Japanese. They're a mongrel race of Ainu, Koreans, Chinese, and Pacific Islanders. And their women have been marrying foreigners more and more every decade so their bloodline is becoming more mixed.
>>
>>15142015
>sentai would've been solely fansubbed to a couple thousand neckbeards.
Which is somehow different from how it is right now.

oh wait it isn't
>>
>>15142103
If chinese, korean, ainu can exist, then true japanese can still exist.
>And their women have been marrying foreigners more and more every decade so their bloodline is becoming more mixed.
So we propose a stop to that.
>>
>>15142107
Not >>15142015 but is there really that much of a sentai fanbase? I know Shout Factory sold Zyuranger, Dairanger, Kakuranger, and Ohranger but did it make a lot of sales?
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.