[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many other shows have characters need to perform in battle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: In battle maintenance.jpg (160KB, 640x738px) Image search: [Google]
In battle maintenance.jpg
160KB, 640x738px
How many other shows have characters need to perform in battle maintenance to their falling apart machines?
>>
'member that time that Kira kid jumped into that Gundam and rewrote Windows into Mac OSX?
>>
In Super Robot Red Baron, Ken once had to do rewiring on his mech so it could have a new upgrade/attack mode in the nick of time.
>>
In Votoms OVA they mess around with the fluid in scopedogs so that they will keep working in lower temperatures.
>>
The entire purpose of Macross' robot mode was to connect the reactors to the main weapons because the original connections were damaged in battle and were irreparable.
>>
IIRC in the Getter Robo manga they had one pilot go down int the guts of the machine to fix something.
>>
Wasn't the whole point of Saji Crossroad sitting in that jet at the back of 00 Raiser was to tweak with the drives since it was not working properly?
>>
>>15130682

Tomino just did this so his female character aren't competent. Half of the G-Reco finale is just male characters making excuses for why another female character can't fight or kill another pilot despite them actively trying to kill them prior.

I don't want to be that "guy" that preaches feminism, but you have to admit it's pretty fucking stupid.
>>
>>15130721
>capable of performing suit maintenance in the middle of combat without getting shot down in the process
>not competent
Fuck off.
>>
>>15130721
Just stop, femshit!
>>
>>15130744

Well, no-one shoots at them anyway owing to narrative convenience, so.
>>
>>15130682
Amuro fucks around with his suits all the time; I don't know how often it happens in battle though.

All the Wing boys fuck around with their machines all the time, too. Excluding Wufei (maybe?)
>>
Oh no my mech is damaged.

I'm just gonna open this circuit here and here and voila, it's okay again!

Thunderbolt still does it best.
>>
>>15130682
Kanuka Clancy starts ripping apart the Type X-0 in the Patlabor movie to try to get it to stop at some point in a similar fashion.

Might be misremembering though.
>>
>>15130756
If technology is so advanced that giant robots are possible, then technology is so advanced for simple fixes like these to be effective.
>>
>>15130773
Why even have maintenance crew then?
>>
>>15130682
Mazinkaizer
>>
>>15130773
so with an increase in complexity, we'll have a decrease in maintenance?

got it.
>>
>>15130744
>>15130748

Rewatch G-Reco some time, it is as bad as the guy says.
>>
>>15130801
Considering Mick Jack is given the lowest spec suits, I think not.
>>
>>15130801
Shut it, femshit!

I'm tired of you!
>>
>>15130682
Coop needed to apply duct tape to MEGAS's power reactor
>>
>>
>>15130696
There's also that part where Chirico needs to fuck around with his program discs in order to fight Epsilon effectively.
>>
>>15130721
>Half of the G-Reco finale is just male characters making excuses for why another female character can't fight or kill another pilot
>Raraiya destroys a ship full of people
>>
>>15131274
>Most "Realistic" Gundam series
>Gouf's arm doesn't immediately break off from the stress of 80+ tons pulling down on its hand
>>
>>15131303
Ez-8 is not that heavy (more like 60 tons) and these things were an evolution of heavy-duty machinery of the colonies.
Why shouldn't they be able to handled heavy loads?
>>
>>15131303
>Gouf's arm weaker than concrete/dirt
>>
>>15130721
>>15130721
>Half of the G-Reco finale is just male characters making excuses for why another female character can't fight or kill another pilot

Yeah that was some bullshit. G-Arcane was best suit but it never got to do anything great.
>>
>>15131288
Isn't that kinda turned on it's head when he finds out he was far exceeding the disc anyways?
>>
>>15130682
I like in Infinite Ryvius how the Vital Guarder has an entire team coding new macros for it in new battle situations.
>>
File: 1475547748645.jpg (62KB, 864x710px) Image search: [Google]
1475547748645.jpg
62KB, 864x710px
>>15131388

They straight up forgot it was supposed to have a MA/aircraft mode.

Plus a lot of it came from the way Aida was written. The G-Arcane is obviously meant to be a long-range support unit, but she doesn't figure that out until later and for most of the series treats it like a front line assault unit. Eventually once the Megafauna gets more suits, she starts sniping from the launch deck.
>>
>>15131399
That was really cool.
I liked how the show doesn't focus on it, but you notice that they go from taking a whole team coding at once to move it, to taking just one guy inputting the programs and controlling it mostly on his own.
>>
>>15130781
Mechanical parts. Watch Patlabor, Mr. Sakaki gets it
>>
>>15132230
But these pilots get mechanical part working again by fumming the circuits?
>>
>>15130682

My personal favorite is Daiguard.
>>
>>15132263
No, their electronics just get fried because it's incredibly difficult to protect electronics against damage when radiation is amok and shit.

It's why for a long time the computer parts going into space were ancient and heavily modified.
>>
File: itcanbehelped.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
itcanbehelped.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>15130692
>Implying he didn't go Windows->Gentoo->Debian->BSD->OS/2->Vista->Ubuntu->Windows 3.x->DOS->Amiga->AppleTV->Windows 10->XTS-10->Rhapsody->OS9->iOS->OSX
>>
>>15132582
So...we fix fried circuits by opening them up and fumming them.

Nice to know.
>>
>>15131390
muh unnatural healing abilities
>>
Rain once walked Domon through a repair on God Gundam in the middle of a fight. He was getting pounded on by Schwartz and couldn't use the God Finger because the right arm was damaged. He swapped the circuit boards to reroute the energy and circumvent the problem.
>>
>>15132669
He missed Linux from Scratch.
>>
>>15130682
Happened in the Toei Getter a few times.

>>15132899
Which is strange, because he used the God Finger with the other hand against the snake Gundam and against Sai.
>>
>>15131303
You're retarded as fuck if you actually believe 08th MS Team is supposed to be realistic or that anyone ever claimed it was. Nobody other than fans ever claims that, it's just another part of the UC timeline. It literally exists in the same universe as newtypes, you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>15130682
GBFT, Shia
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.