[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>It's Nagano's birthday today in Japan He turns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Fatima.Lachesis.full.391466.jpg (762KB, 1139x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Fatima.Lachesis.full.391466.jpg
762KB, 1139x1600px
>It's Nagano's birthday today in Japan

He turns 57.

Regardless of how you feel about the man and his work and various eccentricities, there's no denying his talent.
>>
I think Nagano is a damn good artist and designer but he really needs to be more prolific.
>>
Sure, if anorexia makes you hard.
>>
>>15128013
You should see how many people here wank it to CLAMP.
>>
>>15127968
He's an old guy, there's really no place left for him in the anime industry.
>>
>>15128037
CLAMP's artists/designs range from good (xxxHolic manga) to passable (Geass legs) to holy shit what the fuck happened (xxxHolic anime 1)

Nagano is a god by comparison
>>
File: not edited.jpg (41KB, 680x959px) Image search: [Google]
not edited.jpg
41KB, 680x959px
>>15128278
>>
>>15128264
There are plenty of people who are older than Nagano who are still working on anime, prime examples being Tomino and Yas.

He will probably never work on Gundam again (hilarious how hard IBO is trying to copy him) but for fucks sake he needs to do more shit than just retconning FSS whenever he feels like it.
>>
>>15128908
Tomino and Yas can only work because they have the Gundam IP to fall back on. The big companies like Bandai don't give a damn about Nagano, they just want to take ownership of the FSS license so they have another cow to milk for plastic models.
>>
>>15128976
True but beside the point. Unlike those two Nagano is not a director by trade, but a designer. Having him draw a few robots for some other shows is all I'm asking for. He's an inventive person but clearly FSS by itself is not enough to contain his work. Which is why we got the retcons. The Brains and Schells were inspired, the Gothicmades are as well but because they replaced the older MH designs it preemptively ruined their reputation.
>>
>there will never be not shit not super expensive plastic 1/144 MH plamo
I do love the Volks stuff but I'm poor as hell.
>>
>>15127961
>Nagano
he's a rape fanboy and I hate it.
>>
>>15129365
>rape fanboy

what?
>>
>>15127961
It's precisely because I see his talent and see so many of the great stuff he's done that I get particularly upset about his eccentricities bleeding through and affecting his work so clearly along with other issues of his. I want his stuff to be even better than what it is because it has the potential.
>>
>>15127961

Happy birthday Nagano! You will always be one of my favorite designers.

Someday, I will actually get around to reading FSS instead of just googling the MH kits...
>>
>>15129599
Probably got him mixed up with the Jinki dude.
>>
>>15129083
Nagano's style is too divorced from modern anime for him to fit in anymore.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.