[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Brigador a meme game or is it any good? Do you play as a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

Is Brigador a meme game or is it any good? Do you play as a negro?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ajbfIRZApI
>>
It's pretty good. There are lots of pilots, not only niggers. It's got tons of customizable mechs and tanks and hovertanks, and tons of cool weapons. The graphics, sound, and music are all great.

Biggest problem is that all missions take the form of "kill all enemies", "Kill the 4-8 specific marked enemies", or "Destroy Y structure (s)"

There's like one mission that does things differently, and it's memorable for that, but the whole rest of the game never spices things up.

In a way, it's like they put in everything to make an amazing mecha game in except for the actual game. It's not like it's a half baked proof of concept though, it's pretty polished.
>>
>>15123748
also:

It PLAYS well, sure. Everything controls well, and it's satisfying as hell to drive around any of the vehicles and wreck shit up.

It's just that's more or less literally all there is. What you see is what you get.
>>
>>15123748
>There are lots of pilots, not only niggers.

do they have any effect on anything?
>>
>>15123992
Difficulty, Payout modifier, how many enemies you'll encounter, and apparently your health and ammunition are changed with some of the later pilots.
>>
>>15123261
It's pretty alright. Needs some more work but it's pretty solid. They're still adding to it, I think.
>>
>>15123748
>>15123750
I agree with these. The lack of mission variety is the only negative, and it's not much of a negative because all the missions still feel fun to play.
Even though your guns can blow shit up like crazy, you still have to have some strategy while playing, it's very rare that you can just brute force an entire mission.
>>
Figures I'd finally find a Brigador thread here.
Favorite/worst weapon?
Also what's the worst faction and why is it Spacers?
>>
I had a lot of fun with it. The isometric perspective fucks with your aim and positioning sometimes though. Also, like >>15123748 said, there's not a whole lot of mission variety. It's all "drop in, destroy literally everything, leave" except for one mission. Not to say that destroying everything isn't enjoyable, but it starts to get stale after a while.
>>
File: 1465893364729.jpg (45KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1465893364729.jpg
45KB, 480x480px
Broodmare is broken as fuck with its backwards-ass legs and ridiculous armor/shield.
>>
>>15125013
>The isometric perspective fucks with your aim and positioning sometimes though.

if it's successful enough sequels will probably be fully 3D.
>>
File: 1479724274111.jpg (51KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
1479724274111.jpg
51KB, 600x360px
>>15126148

The devs admitted they based Broodmare's design on this thing.
>>
tried it and barely got past the tutorial when i refunded it. felt too slow and heavy for my taste.
>>
>>15125013
> The isometric perspective fucks with your aim and positioning sometimes though.

They should just unfuck that yellow arrow that's supposed to tell you where the front of your chassis is and where it's facing. It's too small, it gets lost against a bright background, when it gets partially obscured by objects the shape is broken up and becomes difficult to read, etc. Fix that shit, goddamn.
>>
>>15126398

>a game about big stompy mechs and tanks is too slow and heavy

What the fuck is wrong with you
>>
File: 1484360172038.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1484360172038.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>15123748
>There are lots of pilots, not only niggers.
That shouldn't have made me laugh
>>
>>15126578
I didn't say it was bad, just that it was not to my preference. I had an itch for a cuhrazy anime mecha and there aren't that many on pc, so I tried it hoping that stompy mech game would scratch it, unfortunately it did not
>>
>>15126398
>>15126967
Great blog, subscribed.
>>
It can even be a bit of a stealth/survival game if you are playing something small like an armored suit.

The audiobook wasn't bad too. My favorite part was the duel between the hunter and the grav tank.
>>
>>15126320
Unfortunately the game hasn't really been successful. Despite it having a very positive rating, it just never got a ton of attention. Although according to steam charts and steam spy it looks like more people have been buying it since the winter sale.

It's a real shame though, this is one of the better PC mecha games.
>>
>>15127450
>Unfortunately the game hasn't really been successful.

Yet. It could built in attention over time. A sleeper hit.

> Despite it having a very positive rating,

That doesn't mean much, as pretty much every game aside from the truly bad has a positive rating.
>>
File: Untitled.png (170KB, 337x453px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
170KB, 337x453px
>>15128770
>That doesn't mean much, as pretty much every game aside from the truly bad has a positive rating.

This, if you're looking for amazing games based on the rating, you need to find a unicorn like >pic related.
Brigador's not even close to that.
>>
>>15130006

is that game bad?
>>
>>15124798
>Also what's the worst faction and why is it Spacers?
I'll fight you.
>>
>>15132269
They are assholes.
>>
>>15132324
That's a positive.
If you don't get your edge on when you're murdering thousands of innocents as collateral, then you're doing something wrong.
>>
>>15132324

All of the factions are assholes. Loyalists want to reestablish Great Leader's oppressive regime. Corvids are War Boys and just wreck shit for kicks. Spacers are transhuman supremacists. The megacorp that contracts Brigadors only wants to "liberate" the planet so they can swoop in and take over while everyone is vulnerable.
>>
>>15126148
that's why its payout modifier is like 0.5 or some shit

real men pilot a varlet
>>
File: .png (188KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
.png
188KB, 600x601px
Mongoose is best mech.
>>
File: troubadour.gif (2MB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
troubadour.gif
2MB, 750x500px
Troubadour is best "tank"
>>
>>15126382
That can't be right, the Krote knockoff is the Fork.
>>
File: 1474945638240.gif (492KB, 280x245px) Image search: [Google]
1474945638240.gif
492KB, 280x245px
>>15144014
>>15126148

All Spacer mechs have that kind of leg design. The Fork may be closer in size, but Spacer mechs are closer in design.

I really wish I knew where to find detailed art or models of the vehicles in this game. A lot of them look really interesting, but you can't really get a good look at them.
>>
I just realized Treehouse's cockpit is a mini-van
>>
I almost filed for a refund because the tank controls were so infuriating. But I eventually got the hang of them and really started to enjoy it.
>>
>worst weapon
Worst is the mortar.
>Game requires constant movement in all directions by the player
>Projectiles have inheritance
>Mortar fires slow and in a very steep arc
Its great for shooting buildings, horrible for accurately hitting anything that moves.
>>
>>15132265
Nope, it's a really damn good stealth tactics game. Seen it favorably compared to Commandos but without the shitty UI and pixel hunting. They have a one-hour demo, so there's no harm in trying it. The first mission is really the tip of the ice berg.
>>
>>15144080

Corvid tech is slapped together with a distinct Mad Max aesthetic. All of their vehicles are basically other vehicles haphazardly bolted together.
>>
>>15145943

that's my fave aestetic.
>>
>>15145664

Mortars are good for dealing with inactive groups from a distance.

The only problem is that after that first shot, everyone knows where you are.
>>
I don't like playing niggers in games.
>>
>>15147244
Indirect fire weapons automatically give away your position as a balance factor.

They can be useful for their... indirect fire... purposes, but I find that they require you specifically structure your playstyle around them too much for too little reward to be worthwhile. The same is true of many weapons - hitscan is optimal in Brigador due an absolute need for mobility at higher levels.

The best weapon in the game is (somewhat fittingly) probably the Galinha. The Mantis is an absolute death machine. Can fit it with double broilers for a stealth run, too.

My biggest issue with Brigador is how much it restricts itself to being so... arcadey. It has fantastic writing which would be amazing in some sort of concrete plot, and a solid core gameplay that unfortunately lacks sufficient diversity and customization compared to say Armored Core.

What I wouldn't give for Brigador to be a mission based game, with it's already excellent writing and gameplay combined with more interesting level design, enemies, story and customization. Unfortunately, it received far too little attention and is basically dead in the water. A shame. It deserved better than what it got.

All in all, one of its biggest flaws was probably that it combined being largely arcadey with it's control scheme being too hardcore for most - the net result appealing not appealing to either the dedicated or the casual easymodos. There's also an intense amount of mechs/etc available, but the lack of dedication means differences can be summed up in 'speed, two available weapon mounts'. I'd have preferred a game entirely about the Mog or the Touro and going super indepth into it.
>>
>>15123261
make an awesome mech game, LOL nigger character when no nig will ever play this
these libs blow my mind
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.