[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they pick such a god awful song for Macross 7's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: dakedo baby.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dakedo baby.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
Why did they pick such a god awful song for Macross 7's ED? Was this a joke? Did Kawamori take a bunch of his friends to drunken karaoke and record some woman singing and decide to use it, and it was too late for anyone to stop him?
>>
>>15116368
Yes, yes and yes

/thread
>>
>>15116368
But... Baby, I thought we had something.
>>
I thought it was fine. I mean, the Macross ED was just an IRL dude flipping through a book of concept art. Frontier was the first one with really fantastic EDs, maybe the only one, I haven't seen Delta.
>>
>>15116793
Delta had some nice ED's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo4mLVeEz0g
>>
>>15116368
>Why did they pick such a god awful song for Macross 7's ED? Was this a joke? Did Kawamori take a bunch of his friends to drunken karaoke and record some woman singing and decide to use it, and it was too late for anyone to stop him?

It happens. Another example is one of openings or endings of LOGH where the woman that sings really can't and you can hear it and it's terrible and you end up wondering how the hell the producers even gave her that job.
I guess croynism isn't just a disease in the financial world. You find it everywhere even in anime.
>>
>never heard song before
>just listened to it
Wew lads, that's like totally not groovy.
>>
>>15116368
I don't like Dakedo Baby too but I do love My Friends
woaah woaah woaah
>>
File: 1484626794556.png (2MB, 1176x900px) Image search: [Google]
1484626794556.png
2MB, 1176x900px
>get the chill first half of diamond crevasse as the ed
>get the emotional second half when the year of the dead sniper kicks off
>>
>>15116368
Nothing can beat the shittiness of the OP, though.
>>
File: 1.png (430KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
430KB, 640x479px
>>15116977
>>
>>15116989

got to bang Mao though

that's something
>>
>>15117005
He got better, at least.
>>
File: Mylene.Flare.Jenius.full.406857.jpg (315KB, 1024x738px) Image search: [Google]
Mylene.Flare.Jenius.full.406857.jpg
315KB, 1024x738px
>>15116970
I like both

Mylene's voice a cute, CUUUUTE
>>
>>15116368
>Why did they pick such a god awful song for Macross 7's ED?
Because the show had to promote a rookie singer. Because showing Mylene naked and doing cute things to a britpop-esque song was appealing.

>Was this a joke?
It was better than My Friends by far. More listenable and with better static stills.

>Did Kawamori take a bunch of his friends to drunken karaoke and record some woman singing and decide to use it, and it was too late for anyone to stop him?
Part of the anime process is featuring artists that the record company sponsor want you to promote. If it makes you feel better, Chie Kajiura did not become a star and her music career pretty much tanked.
>>
File: 1214612117702.gif (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1214612117702.gif
1MB, 640x480px
>>15116982
>>
macross 7 is a masterpiece and everyone who doesnt like it should die.
>>
>>15117068
If it wasn't for the big filesize and resolution I could have believed that gif was actually made when 7 was airing.
>>
>>15116849
>I guess croynism isn't just a disease in the financial world

It's especially rampant in the political world, hence the politically incorrect winning campaign of "drain the swamp" and MAGA.

>>15117058
>showing Mylene naked and doing cute things to a britpop-esque song was appealing.

No it wasn't.

>It was better than My Friends by far.

No it wasn't.
>>
>>15117940
>No it wasn't.
The hell it wasn't.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.