[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /m/ think of Heroic Age? Personally I really like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

File: funimation-acquires-heroic-age.jpg (45KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
funimation-acquires-heroic-age.jpg
45KB, 450x300px
What does /m/ think of Heroic Age? Personally I really like the mecha designs
>>
>>15115855

I greatly enjoyed it and wish we discussed it more. And that there was some goddamn fanart. Im not even talking lewd stuff either just some general appreciation. Showed is overlooked as hell.
>>
>>15115855
Watching it right now.
Right now I'm on episode 5 and it's great.
>>
>>15115855
Space Godzilercules was fun. Nice ship and mech designs (Ruby and Topaz Cores were great), my favourite integration of psychic shenanigans with tech, oddly inoffensive hiraiface, and decent enough characters. Even Captain Battletits had a bit of depth.

A shame that there's damn near no art of it.
>>
>>15115969

I wish there was more Battletits pictures
>>
It's been quite a while since the last time I watched it, but I remember enjoying it. I'll have to grab the blu-ray rips sooner or later as I'm rewatching my anime collection (alphabetically) in the background while working on Gunpla. It won't be for some time yet, as I'm just getting to F.
>>
Xebec never makes bad mecha. They make mecha western normalfags from MAL and ANN can't enjoy
>>
File: dai guard 2.jpg (398KB, 990x700px) Image search: [Google]
dai guard 2.jpg
398KB, 990x700px
>>15116045
>Xebec never makes bad mecha.

it's weird to think how good their track record is with this genre but no one really thinks of them as a mecha studio like Sunrise
>>
>>15116087
Because most people've only watched one or two of their shows at most.
>>
>>15116087
It helps that most of the rest of the time, folks are distracted by the shows that help bring bread to the table (i.e. fanservice adaptations and stuff). That being said, their Mega Man.EXE adaptation eventually ran out of steam though.
>>
>>15116045
How about Candidate for Goddess? Or is it one of those series that normies hate so /m/ is contractually obliged to like it just to be contrarian hipsters?

Other than that I agree though.
>>
>>15116116
>How about Candidate for Goddess?

Oh, right. They did that. It was uh.. it was not good. At all. And it ended on a cliffhanger.
>>
>>15116121
Part of that can be blamed on the manga author anyways.
>>
>>15116136

Eh, a good director can turn even poor source material into something good. No one ever talks about the Shining or Jaws novel for a reason
>>
>universe bends around the Mary Sue's whims
>fights are largely uninteresting matches where Belcross haymakers everything to oblivion that don't even matter because princess could look in the general direction of someone and they'd do what she wants
>>
>>15116577
>Actually uses the word Mary Sue unironically

why don't you go run back to your little TVtropes shit hole
>>
>>15116045
>Xebec never makes bad mecha.

Are you a jedi knight?
>>
>>15116981
The siths were the ones who spoke in absolutes even though that statement is an absolute.
>>
>>15115855
I want this to be in a SRW.
>>
Vandread fafner is at least better than fafner
>>
>>15116045
PRINCE OF DARKNESS ISN'T BAD

U HERD IT HEER FOLKS ON /em/
>>
>>15116045
Argevellon was not bad, granted, but stupid.
>>
>>15116577
Dianeira enjoying an insane level of support in comparison to everybody else in the Iron Tribe was kinda natural.

I mean, her quest basically had been a multi-year goodwill tour of opening new hyperspace routes across the universe in return for nothing in particular.

>>15118236
Argevollen was a lot of wasted potential. It could've been the best show of the season if they kept the general level of writing somewhere around the heights they occasionally achieved.
>>
>>15116045
I use MAL to list the anime I've seen but yeah it is a pretty cancerous community.
>>
>>15118923
>but yeah it is a pretty cancerous community.

You´re on 4chan. You can only bitch because Anonymity kinda masks how shit we are.
>>
>>15118930
Self-awareness goes a long way nowadays
>>
10/10 opening song
>>
>>15116045
Zoids bored the shit out of me until the Ultrasounds showed up 10 episodes before the ending
>>
>>15118930

Eh, we're assholes but we eventually kind of even out to where we can actually freely discuss things. There's no end to shit posting but you can ignore than easier than you can all these hug boxes
>>
>>15119041
*Ultrasaurus
Don't phone post like me, kids
>>
6 eps in and I am still not sure what I am watching send help
>>
I found the first half of the show boring, both in action and plot. Second half is great and I love the ending.
>>
>>15115855
It was a great series. One of the better Hiraiface series, in general.
>>
>>15120501

the ending was great
>>
>>15116045

xebec needs to make a mecha fanservice show.

Sort of like Godannar but with actual tits
>>
>>15120856
>Sort of like Godannar but with actual tits

Life action Godannar?

It's like Baywatch, only with robots.
>>
>>15120908

tragically I don't think there's enough booty in Japan to do it justice
>>
>>15120856
You did see a split-second nip slip for Chizuru though. That aside, that is a smart idea, so you'd think they'd have thought of it by now.
>>
>>15121002

Did you? I haven't watched it recently but I only remember it being those weird anime non nipples
>>
>>15118212
Prince of Darkness isn't bad. It's aggressively mediocre and honestly kinda boring, but it's not "zomg so horrible I need to bleach my eyes out XD" like people make it out to be.
>>
>>15122390

It's awful. It completely shat over the setting and characters to be edgy while banking on a sequel it never got and NO, a sega saturn game doesn't fix things.
>>
>>15122410
It confuses me that people can watch Nadesico and understand that it's largely parody, then watch the movie and take the edginess completely seriously.

PoD's only outstanding flaws (besides being generally kind of meh like the above poster said) are being half a film and changing Ryoko's hair colour.
>>
>>15123370
>are being half a film

You say that like it excuses them. It doesn't. Yes it stands to reason that later movies would have resolved the edge but the fact remains that those other movies don't exist and where never promised to exist.

You can't bank on a sequel you're not guaranteed so instead of fun and happy ending of the TV series we get Akito off being an edgelord.

It being half finished isn't an argument when the biggest issues are that it's not finished!
>>
>>15123370
Nadesico has parody elements but it's mostly a formal series, with the parody bits well stablished. The movie's edgy elements never give any hint of being references or comedy intended.
>>
>>15123471

Nadesico is parody played completely and often deadly straight. It's not wrong to say it takes the piss but by and large all the drama and plot is taking with complete sincerity.
>>
>>15123471
Did I imagine the part where Akito reveals his goth phase isn't because his girlfriend's been kidnapped/possibly killed, but that his cybernetic tongue can't taste well? Serious question; haven't watched the movie in a long time.
>>
File: 1473455077197.jpg (106KB, 790x593px) Image search: [Google]
1473455077197.jpg
106KB, 790x593px
>>15123692
He was captured and tortured by Jovians and they experimented on him, IIRC. And he tells that to Ruri in the graveyard.

>>15115855
You know, it really bothered me that Age never met with pic related outside of battle.
>>
>>15123724
Right, and the part he's most bothered by is his sense of taste. Almost all the edgelord stuff is buffered by or interspersed with comedy and/or taken to absurd levels (mech tears, for instance). It's the standard Nadesico thing of doing serious and parody at the same time. Not that I'm saying it's done particularly well...
>>
>>15123478

One character, a show inside the show and jokes about mecha every now and then don't make it a full parody.
>>
>>15123797

Parody doesn't mean reference you moron. For fuck's sake go watch airplane.
>>
File: latest-1.png (162KB, 354x450px) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.png
162KB, 354x450px
>>15115855
Princess was a shit tier character who cried every five seconds yet everyone loved her to the point of killing their firstborn children for her. Just thinking about her makes me sick.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.